[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

@mabel93 I believe everyone grew to love IU more as time passes. Through it all, she has definitely matured musically and personality wise. Even though she says otherwise, it is clear to me that she knows what kind of musician she want to carry on from here on.

To me, she is a sincere musician and that alone is enough for me to support her. When an artist grows to appreciates the audience and vis versa, it is that connection that is precious as it is so often forgotten and taken for granted. I appreciate that IU never forgotten her motto behind her stage name and thank her for bring so much more to her listeners.

I take a different view to her acting. I believe that she should take up a drama or two but not to the extent that it disrupts her music career. Acting allows her to put herself as a third person observing human behaviour. That will definitely increase her compositions. Not that her own life experiences are not enough but to see things from different points of view is interesting. So I do think that its valuable experience.

Guest adikkeluangman

[sWEET SORROW TV Season4] Episode # 4http://youtu.be/dZtdeujnOf8 Seriously these guys. Sweet Sorrow guys called IU and asked her something about World Cup. Start at time mark 4.30.

@nikki89  Well said about IU's personality.  I have seen so many local celebrities taking their superior positions in society for granted.  I'm impressed by IU's attitude.  No wonder she is loved by the whole nation.  And her fan count in her fancafe just keeps on rising six years into her career. 

On her acting career, your and also IU's explanation is well understood.  My concern is that each acting assignment would occupy her 3 months or even half a year.  That's a long time.  I would like to see her equipping herself even more strongly in her musical abilities and also language abilities (i.e. Chinese, English, Japanese, etc.).  Her success in music could be endless. I wish she would make her world tour when she is ready, not because of fame or fortune but to bring her music known to the world.

[FANACCOUNT] 140823 Someday in August concert - IU

Haha vibe is still singing and I don’t really know their songs so I’ll just listen while I type this fanaccount. Resisting the urge to just leave.. Bought the concert ticket for both IU and Vibe after all.

Waiting for IU to arrive at the concert venue was much fail because we waited about 5 hours and when she finally came, they placed a barrier so we could only watch her from afar ㅠㅠ

Then we listened to her rehearsal so we kinda already knew all the songs she was going to sing lol. She started the show with Meaning of You! My favourite song~ This time she really came out to the protruding stage a lot! (Because she said there were rumours that she didn’t do so lol.) She got all of us to join in and sing the male part of Friday as usual which was wonderful haha! Funny how she introduced My Old Story as the less well-known title song (compared to the popularity that Meaning of You received).

There was an event in the middle and she asked who’s the oldest here.. after that she changed her mind and asked who came from the furthest place. Someone said Jeju-do! So I told IU I was from Singapore!! Haha Annie also told IU she’s from Singapore! But someone who apparently was from New York beat us (although I bet that guy just stayed in New York for awhile and didn’t fly here just to watch IU perform lol). He won a signed poster and CD. Oh well the main point is IU looked at me~~!! Kekeke

She mentioned the ice bucket challenge she did yesterday and said that she didn’t catch a cold or anything but she had body aches after that lolll. Told us to take care and not to catch a cold as usual. Tears on guitar was awesome omg. Totally wasn’t expecting such a repertoire for a concert she was just sharing with someone else. You Know (Hey!) was a really fun song as usual. However, although we were really near to the stage at the end of the protruding stage, we saw more of IU’s side profile than front. The seats right in front or the protruding stage would have been amazing. IU doing the little buttshake dance in Friday right in front of you omgg.

She was really sweating after The Red Shoes, You Know, Good Day and the You and I encore one after another and said that she’s never sweated so much from performing before haha.. But she still ended with another encore song, The Story Only I Didn’t Know ㅠㅠㅠ Ah she did the 3-level high note concert style, after getting the audience to “sing it for her”, she did it properly by herself :) Of course, she even gave us a very short phototime and did cute expressions for everyone. Haha many IU fans left the moment IU’s part was over but let’s be well-behaved audience and support Vibe too! Apprently they’ve been popular for awhile. Dunno.. not my style of music. Too much jumping around and shouting. Watching again tomorrow! Will try to recall interesting bits to share with everyone after that!

Songlist:
Meaning of you
Friday
My Old Story
When love passes
Raindrop
A midsummer night’s dream
Hidden Road
Tears
The red shoes
You Know
Good Day
You and I (encore)
The story only I didnt know (encore)

source: http://iu-jjang.tumblr.com/post/95545775912/fanaccount-140823-someday-in-august-concert-iu