[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

Wow, after hearing your fan account of IU's portion of KCON, I really want to see IU in person more than ever, @kpop26! It really sounds amazing beyond words. I want to experience it for myself! I'm so glad IU was so loved. Now she can't pretend she doesn't know about her fanbase here in KCON and I'm sure those who attended were just a small portion of those here in the U.S.

Again, thank you so much for giving IU the DVD for me and those who participated! I was afraid the DVD wouldn't reach you in time, but I'm so glad it did. The love I have for IU is indescribable. I didn't even know it was possible to love a celebrity this much, especially without having even seen them in person - though... at this point, IU is more than just a celebrity. Hehe.

Awwe I wanted to see IU in person too! I didn't take part in the video project for KCON but I definitely will not miss her 6th Anniversary project. Seems like that's also on IU's mind. I just have to dig through albums to find my 6 year old picture. I want to actively show my support for IU since she's so open to us fans and works hard to encourage and inspire us while dealing with her own struggles like the rest of us. We're all growing and learning together in a way. I'm always going to root for her. I'm so glad IU had a warm welcome from the US fans, hopefully she'll be back again. 

Annyeong chingu deul,I too kept refreshing my Twitter t/l for IU updates which were frequent thanks to the many Uaena and new IU fans.  I conversed with many people various times throughout the day, some at KCon and others from further a field like IUChile, IUBrazil and IUItalia. Everyone without exception said firstly how cute and adorable IU is then secondly how nice she is always smiling and waving out, taking the time to acknowledge fans/people. Many also said she looked directly at them and smiled...causing them to keel over and die...their words... kekeke!
Have you noticed how much her English has improved, it's great to hear she takes lessons and knows how important it is. Which puts me to shame a bit as I have been slacking off in my learning of Hangul. Oh well back to the books...oops YT videos.
@KPOP26 you are a STAR!  Having read the account of many Uaena who did not get to even see IU at the airport on arrival or departure and hearing how you went to see her off then managed to give her our Shout out Project is an amazing effort. Hugs and hugs and more hugs to you, thank you kamsa.
@akinhana89 kumawo chingu for your lead and hard work with this project.
Have a wonderful week chingu deul. PS I saw the magnificent Super Moon Sunday night, it reminded me of IU in her white elegant dress on her special stage by herself singing Friday with the little star like lights flickering all around her. PPS ..IU concert & JJS musical/film in Seoul... still No1 on my bucket list.

Someone mentioned IU is not really short.  I think that when she debuted she was shorter than she is now.  I was not following K-Pop back then, so I can only guess based on the YouTube clips, but I am guessing that she was probably closer to 5' even when she started and she grew a few inches up till she was about 19 (North American 19).  Anyway, I found this clip which says something about her height and weight.  I have no idea what it says though:

[2014-08-12 The first page of this topic lists her height as 165cm.  For US people, that is 5' 5".]

About "Friday":

"Friday" is proving to be quite a versatile song.  It fit really well in the context of her small concert series, and yet it was very well received at KCONUSA's big concert.  I have seen the whole set (and some of her talking) and it was a very high energy, up-beat set.  Starting with "Red Shoes" is surprising because it is physically very hard on her and her dancers.  Even this shorter version is very active.  Then after that she has the rest of the songs.  But for the audience, this was the best order, so that was the choice.

The full fan engagement event. IU is sooooooo cute

cr.meltedicecubes

Different version

cr.Rwon pix
====

Pretty Man Fanmeeting Evening Stage English Subbed
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x239vpw_eng-sub-beautiful-man-bel-ami-fan-meeting-evening-stage-20140614_people
cr.as tagged in video

====

IU singing at a wedding. Bless this couple (this was  one of IU dancer's wedding. Correct me if I'm wrong).

cr.uploader

@kpop26 OMG...KYAAA...Thank you so much for successfully giving the shout out project to IU...IU finally can see me, hahaha...I'm soooo Happy... Even now 1am at my place, I feel like wanna scream and dancing of joy, lol

YESS... I agree with mumfu oemma.. You're star.. ;)

@akinahana89 you did it... Thank you for your effort and making the video.. *hug*

I really appreciate it.

@nikki89 thank you for sharing the video.. I'm smiling wide when I'm watching the video.. And doing some fanchant too, kekeke..

I wanna go to IU's concert someday.. Only IU.. I hope she regulary doing small concert like before..and I hope uaenas soompi can go to the concert together..

*still happy*

Good night, everyone :x

tumblr_na7ui0Cwdb1qz9daco1_500.jpg
tumblr_na7ui0Cwdb1qz9daco2_500.jpg

[FANCAFE] 140813 From.IU - People who are still not asleep yet! - 3:08AM

Since it’s the school holidays, are you guys staying up late?
Wahh it’s the holidays! Let’s have fun playing today!!
It might rain in the evening today
So let’s have even more fun playing!!!!
You’ve got to have fun in August. There’s no way our Uaena family members with faces and personalities and a name that is round (Note: From Uaena song) won’t enjoy August!!
In August, eat and gain weight and sleep and play, everyone.
September will be the month of regret, but play to your heart’s content in August~~~~~

Translated by squishy with love

IU and Shin Dong Yup to be the MCs of Chuseok pilot program 'Tray Relay Song'

IU and Shin Dong Yup are reported to be the MCs of upcoming pilot program KBS 2TV's 'Tray Relay Song' (working title)!

IU-shin-dong-yup_1407895261_af_org.jpgA KBS rep stated on the 13th, "IU has been decided on as the female MC for the Chuseok special pilot program KBS 2TV's 'Tray Relay Song' (working title)," joining the previously confirmed Shin Dong Yup.

According to the various reports, 'Tray Relay Song' is an upgraded version of KBS 2TV's 'Happy Together' season 1 corner 'Tray Karaoke Room', in which one would get hit on the head with a falling metal tray if they get the lyrics wrong. The format for this Chuseok special reportedly consists of 4-5 teams competing against each other.

So far the mentioned names for those participating in this special include Tae Jin Ah, Lim Chang Jung, Kim Chang Ryul, Park Hyun Bin, Huh Gak, Ailee, K.Will, Shin Yong Jae, Hong Jin Young, and Shin Bora. They're still looking for more to join in on the fun, so expect names to be added later.

'Tray Relay Song' is set to air on September 10 at 6:20 PM KST!

source:AKP

[FANCAFE] 140813 IU replies to fans’ comments (Part 1) - 3:10 AM

Fan: I’m already having so much fun that I’ve completely lost it.. Help me gain control of the situation please ㅠㅠ

IU: Do that in September!! Let’s play in August!’

Fan: Jieun-jjang, do your school holidays start today? keke

IU: Nope. I have school holidays every single day in 2014. When did I ever stay up late to do work..? (Note: IU is joking here. Celebrities often have to film for long hours past midnight.)

Fan: What are you planning to do today? hehe
IU: Today is the release date of the movie I want to watch! (Note: The movie she watched was ‘Begin Again’.)

Fan: It’s expected that your next album could be released at the end of this year~~~ What’s your schedule like??
IU: I don’t think it’ll be possible to release a full-length album within this year.

Fan: Did you leave without trying the In-N-Out burger?..
IU: Yes.. In the end..

Fan: But then why did you come back to Korea right after KCON? If you go to LA, you should have lots of fun before you come back..
IU: Coming home to rest after work is the best..keke

Fan: I’m doing a movie classics project(?) over the school holidays. Do you have any movie recommendations? (trump card)
IU: Try watching animations! Starting with ‘http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNvVWgAE6DU’.

Fan: I’m so depressed that the Flower Bookmark LP keeps getting postponedㅜㅜ I really want to listen to it~~
IU: I haven’t managed to have a look at it either myself..ㅜ-ㅜ

Fan: When you were dueting ‘Friday’ with Niel and got into the rhythm, was that planned or unplanned? (Note: IU’s butt shake fancam)
IU: Yes, sorry for shocking everyone. It was so shock-inducing that I’m sorry towards my own heart too..

Fan: Besides ‘The Girl Who Leapt Through Time’, is there anything else worth watching???
IU: Ponyo? Howl? Up? Arrietty? Timon and Pumbaa?

Fan: Do you read webtoons? Please recommend some~~
IU: I’ve been reading ‘심연의 하늘 (The Abyssal Sky)’ and ‘일진의 크기 (The Height of the School Bully)’ recently.

source: iu-jjang

[FANCAFE] 140813 IU replies to fans’ comments (Part 2) - 3:39 AM

Fan: Unni have you seen this yet? kekekekeke
IU: kekekekeke Oh this is awesome. Make a panda version too!!

Fan: Jingjjang, you should go to bed now or you won’t be able to grow taller..
IU: Are you sure sleeping now makes me grow taller?

Fan: Unni… Her… You recommended that movie, so I wanted to watch it!!! But I can’t.. ., because of the movie ratings…. Could you recommend a healthy(?) show keke that teenagers can watch too?!
IU: ‘The Witch of the West is Dead’.

Fan: Is it really okay for me to keep you? -inserts pic with caption: take me with you-
IU: I like this series -inserts pic with caption: I love you-

Fan: Oh!! I’m reading 일진의 크기 (webtoon) too!! ㅜㅜ Tell Jangshin to grow up quickly (frustrated).
IU: Jangshin is throbbing and growing back now.
IU: Jangshin, hurry up and grow taller!!!

Fan: If you like that series, then take the one I made too. -inserts pic with caption: But you have me-
IU: Hmm.. Rejected!

Fan: What was the most enjoyable thing you did in the US?
IU: Impulsive wiggling.

Fan: Jingjjang, besides songs, movies and webtoons, please recommend some food keke
IU: Cheese Quattro Burger!

Fan: Is she rejected too ㅠㅠ? Feeling hurt. -inserts pic with caption: These are artificial flowers. I like you. (same sounding words)-
IU: What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. Become stronger. Rejected!!

Fan: How about this? -insert pic with caption: I thought you’re mine-
IU: Forcing your way. Rejected!

Fan: Isn’t this cute? -inserts pic with caption: Bunny - It’s really fun to paint easter eggs. Chick - That’s my younger sibiling.-
IU: Doesn’t have my face in it. Rejected!!

[FANCAFE] 140813 IU replies to fans’ comments (Part 3) - 3:50 AM

tumblr_inline_naar0aKRi41qz9xe6.png

tumblr_inline_naar0gvGup1qz9xe6.png

Fan: I should keep sending love messages to unni right..
IU: You should make my body look small or with unrealistic proportions right. This somehow looks like the real me. Rejected.

tumblr_inline_naar705oRl1qz9xe6.png

Fan: Cheese Quattro? I don’t really like it! Ehh~~
IU: Rejected.

tumblr_inline_naar8jFnqb1qz9xe6.png

Fan: kekeke How about this? -insert teehee pic-
IU: Jinx with nebeolyeo below (Note: Both of them posted the same pic).

tumblr_inline_naara1s8Qs1qz9xe6.png

Fan: This one!!!?? (ps. Downloaded this somewhere)

tumblr_inline_naarb5ftcY1qz9xe6.png

Fan: Do you not like this kind of pictures?? I made it with a selca of yours once. -inserts platypus derpyU-
IU: Banning your account.

tumblr_inline_naari3AVTS1qz9xe6.png

Fan: I drew this by myself!! Let me pass >< -insert pic with caption: You grow beans, be happily in love with me~ (wordplay with similar sounding words)-

tumblr_inline_naarm3A1IH1qz9xe6.png

Fan: Jingjjang, why are there press marks on your arm? keke
IU: Because I pressed it >.<

tumblr_inline_naaro4idmv1qz9xe6.png

Fan: Isn’t this sort of stuff the best?
IU: kekeke Keeping this.

tumblr_inline_naarqcUWMu1qz9xe6.png

Fan: This pic is popular among my friends (whisper whisper) -inserts pic with caption: nyahahahahaha-
IU: Warning your friends.

tumblr_inline_naars7TWCR1qz9xe6.png

IU: Off to work

tumblr_inline_naarsqjilw1qz9xe6.png

IU: Transformation

tumblr_inline_naart697ut1qz9xe6.png

IU: I’ve got to go to bed now!! Let’s sleep now, everyone. We have to sleep to play again right~ Goodnight. Thank you for playing with me again today. Sweet dreams!! I’ll let you know later whether the movie I’m watching is any good~ Bye~~

tumblr_inline_naarwhyQSQ1qz9xe6.png

IU: Taking my leave -insert small concert theatre pic-

tumblr_inline_naarxa2QJz1qz9xe6.png

Fan: I went to watch ‘Begin Again’.. What did you watch?
IU: Oh~~~~~ You passed~~~~~~