[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

I know she's

Jiyeon is at the radio station now.... IU meeting YIN at 3pm... so maybe after radio broadcast???

Some segments regarding IU

You guys can guess too

First question “the most recent movie jiyeon and iu watched together is?

1.Frozen

2.Spiderman

3.The King's Wrath (JJS acted in this right with Hyun Bin??)

4.Haven't watch

Answer in spoiler

The answer was 4) none (Sorry for trolling you =P)

JY “It’s none because we haven’t watched any movies recently"

JY “To be honest, we don’t watch movies when we meet up, we just eat” (Me:LOL.. Indeed 1st  priority is food)

Host then ask if IU is a good cook. JY said they both like to cook but IU is slightly better lol

Wahhhh I'm glad they still can meet and even watch movie together. I'm glad.

[FANCAFE] 140607 IU replies to fans' comments - 7(Part 2)
tumblr_inline_n6svbzAmFj1qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: I’m at the hairdressers now. Do you think I’ll be laughed at if I perm my fringe?
IU: Nope, isn’t that common? My hair is straight so I’ve never successfully permed my fringe. It becomes straight again when I wake up in the morning.
(Me: Seriously, IU's sense is truely unique)

tumblr_inline_n6svgg3lu41qz9xe6.jpg
Fan (Siktaengi): Is there any nickname you would like to use on Uaena?
IU: SiktaengU Taengsikah Ahtaengsik (Note: Numerous variations of the fan’s name)
Fan: Error due to “Sik”
IU: Ah-si-k-taeng Si-k-taeng-ah then (Note: Breaking up the ‘sik’ into ‘si’ and ‘k’)
(Me: Isn't it interesting that they can play with hangeul words... Not as if we can do it with english)

tumblr_inline_n6svmmN8501qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: Noona, during the last day of the concert when you sang “Drama” and asked if anyone doesn’t like it, I said I didn’t but actually I didn’t mean what I said. Please don’t be mistaken.
IU: So it was you.
Fan: I’m sorry…
(Me: This fan is so daring when there's so many fans in there.)

tumblr_inline_n6svqdl8fr1qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: Tell dear Sunggyu to get used to the camera… Seems like he’s still not used to having his photos taken.
IU: What’s this? kekeke That looks like my expression when I was having my elementary school graduation pic taken.
(Me: Is she talking about this photo??? kekeke)
photo 12215-socq8oxjq5_zpsfa4c166f.jpg

tumblr_inline_n6svu1tpn71qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: Ah!!! Oh yes kekeke Was the cheesecake delicious? kekeke They said the cheese was really from New York!!!! I’ll buy more for you.
IU: Did you buy that at Hyundai Departmental Store? I saw it when I went there yesterday and went “The cheesecake that Yeji gave me!”keke
(Me: She remembers everyone that gave her food. Definitely can lure IU with food...)

tumblr_inline_n6svzwoiMn1qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: You!!! He…hello
IU: Why don’t you listen to what I say? Do you do it on and off?

tumblr_inline_n6sw2uQMhX1qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: I’ve been curious about this for awhile. Who composed the rap for Not Spring, Love or Cherry Blossoms?
IU: Geeks’ Lil Boi did it.
(Me: Ooooo cool. I like Geeks too. I remember when she guest at their concert and they made her sign a "contract" to work together...kekeke. I'm still waiting for that collab)

tumblr_inline_n6sw60aGYY1qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: Are you seeing anyone recently?
IU: There are reporters among the staff here.
(LOL)

tumblr_inline_n6sw85uKAY1qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: Unni why did you give me those weird expressions during the concert?
IU: kekeke… Omg

tumblr_inline_n6swatHJUF1qz9xe6.jpg
tumblr_inline_n6swbqnHE01qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: I took a photo of Yoo Inna as she looked really cute and pretty taking photos of youㅠㅠ May the both of you continue to have a happy relationship (heart)(heart)
Fan: -Sniff- Actually I’m not allowed to take photos of Inna-unnie right? I only took one photo!! Sorry ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ But IUinna is really pretty…
IU: That’s my unnie ke
(Me: Their relationship has grown to become family. So envious)

tumblr_inline_n6swk6DMhZ1qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: Btw, what are you doing right now?
IU: Eating sweet potato.

tumblr_inline_n6swlzsC221qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: I’m a reporter. Are you seeing anyone or not????
IU: ? -Inserts screencap: Are you trying to get me in trouble?-
(Me: IU should really get into the Meme craze and spam all her fans with her reactions)

tumblr_inline_n6swo7vkka1qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: Why are you always eating sweet potato and not eating meat??
IU: I’m eating meat quietly and secretly. -inserts meat photo-

tumblr_inline_n6swqjBvf31qz9xe6.jpg
tumblr_inline_n6swxeXFbZ1qz9xe6.jpg
tumblr_inline_n6swxw3R8K1qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: With my sentiments as a fan, I felt your drumming was really cool. I think you can become a professional.
Another fan: You have no conscience + fan sentiments
Fan: That’s not true. I’m being sincere!! I saw unni working really hard.
Another fan: I don’t think so.
Fan: You left a comment at 11:11 am. You must be thinking of me (heart)
IU: You come here -inserts football tackle pic- (Me: OMG THAT WAS EPIC.)
Another fan: Sorry…

tumblr_inline_n6sx2rsUF21qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: Did you dress up like in your from.iu selca to prepare to go out??
IU: Nope. That photo was taken yesterday.

Translated by squishy with love

Apologies for my adlibs... its just too funny

FANCAFE] 140607 IU replies to fans' comments - (Part 3)

tumblr_inline_n6syzotEfm1qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: Among the 8 days of your concert, which day was the audience response the best?
IU: Thursday of the 2nd week bbbbbbb
(Me: Yoohoo wow wah kya omg JoU...silence)

tumblr_inline_n6sz2igqNy1qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: Give us a spoiler about the LP please.
IU: They said I really can’t give any hints.
(Me: I want that LP (there is a bonus song in there too)... But I think its hard for me to get. Please release a few overseas as well..Pray)

tumblr_inline_n6sz4aUlhK1qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: You always invite guests to your concert for the star candies (female fans) right??keke (Note: IU mostly invites only male guests to her concerts.) It would be good to invite Suzy or Yoo Inna as well!! (But IU is the best)
IU: Alright. During the next concert, I’ll prepare well to cater to the hard tack (male fans).
(Me: I would like to see Younha, Taeyeon, Lena... but please make a dvd of the next concert too)

tumblr_inline_n6sz9wt8F71qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: Your members on the Chinese baidu site have surpassed 90,000.. Pls say something to your Chinese fans…
IU: Wow!!!!

tumblr_inline_n6szcnQl641qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: Did you secretly give out 3 of Kwanghee’s autograped CDs? Keke
IU: Yep Kwanghee oppa is really jjang jjang right?!! keke
(Me: T.T *Stretch hand out*)

tumblr_inline_n6szg4Fy9u1qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: Why didn’t History come?
IU: That’s not true. They did come.
(Note: The fan probably means as guests, while IU meant as audience.)

tumblr_inline_n6sziysil01qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: Hyeju dongsaeng told me to pass on this message.
IU: Ah Hyeju dongsaeng failed to become a marshmallow~ How is she doing?
(Me: This is the person that was rescused from the ferry???...)

tumblr_inline_n6szn3AOFO1qz9xe6.jpg
tumblr_inline_n6sznuvMWp1qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: IU, please introduce your band to us. The accompaniment and arrangements were awesome.
IU: That’s right.. I was in the right state mind and never introduced them to the audience throughout my concert. The unni oppas in my band this time were really jjang!
(Me: I'm guessing the guy with the spec is Park Shin Hye's brother??? Below is the picture IU posted)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bpgv8ZTCIAAv5l0.jpg:large

tumblr_inline_n6szsalQdu1qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: Did you vote on 4th June?? (It was the election on that day)
IU: Yes, I was keeping close tabs on the situation throughout and went to vote but there were no photographers there!! keke
(Me: She also said she actualy checked that she didn't have chillli stains on her clothes before she went. *Flashback* She was photographed a couple years back with chilli stain on her blouse..kekeke... Her fans were also waiting for her but missed her too.. haha exactly like a drama where everyone just walk pass each other.. so ironic)

tumblr_inline_n6szxzSjnw1qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: I’m glad that you’re playing with us on Uaena, but didn’t you say you’re going to meet Inna unnie? When are both of you meeting? Eat something delicious~ ^~^
IU: We’ve agreed to meet at about 3pm~ I’ll work hard on exercising before I go out.
(Me: Exercise so that she can eat more later??? kekekke)

tumblr_inline_n6t0286gdi1qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: Who’s your favourite guest so far?
IU: It’s hard to make a choice. They were all awesome.

tumblr_inline_n6t04zGhsS1qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: I thought you were going to cry during the last day of the concertㅠㅠ Noona you should have cried!!
IU: I don’t cry!!!

tumblr_inline_n6t07uX0vf1qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: Thanks for selecting my story to share (during the concert). I prepared a surprise for my mum and thanks to you, it was a success. Thank you so much ^^
IU: You’re a jjang jjang kind daughter~ I clearly remember that your mum enjoyed the surprise. I’m grateful too.
(Me: so sweet. Like artist, like fan ^^)

tumblr_inline_n6t0eypWj11qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: Who arranged the “Every End of the Day” accompaniment for the concert? Ni. Ga. Choahseo that part was awesome ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ (Note: You’ll find out what this part means if you went for the concert/heard the recording.)
IU: The keyboardist Suzy did the arrangement. I like it too hehe
(Me: I like the re-arrangement tooooooooooo)

tumblr_inline_n6t0kgYAaK1qz9xe6.jpg

Fan: The “hehe” that IU doesn’t use often!
IU: That’s not true hehe I hehe use it often hehe is it weird hehe?

I missed IU's cheekyness. She must have been so busy with the concert that once she has free time now that she replied so many fans.

Guest agoodheart

nikki89 said: tumblr_inline_n6sw60aGYY1qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: Are you seeing anyone recently?
IU: There are reporters among the staff here.
(LOL)

tumblr_inline_n6swlzsC221qz9xe6.jpg
Fan: I’m a reporter. Are you seeing anyone or not????
IU: ? -Inserts screencap: Are you trying to get me in trouble?-
(Me: IU should really get into the Meme craze and spam all her fans with her reactions)

Omg. IU and her cheekiness. It's amazing. Hahaha. I had so much fun reading her interactions with her fans. I really hope I will get the opportunity to do that in the future too....

But, I really do think she's dating...? Omo... I wonder who.
JoU. JoU. JoU. JoU. JoU!!

[FANCAFE] 140608 IU replies to fans’ comments (Part 4) - 2:02AM

tumblr_inline_n6ubd5eYeP1qz9xe6.jpg

Fan: Oh unnie’s filming a new CF… Heh Go back home soon. It’s almost 12 midnight now… Tell us when you’re safely back home~ Really.. concerned somehow keke

IU: Oh honey, I’m back.

(Note: IU went to watch Younha’s concert yesterday, perhaps with Inna unnie? The concert lasted 3hrs+ with encore and all.)

===

OOO this reminds me, I forgot to tell you guys that IU has a new CF and surprisingly its a chinese cosmetic brand CF for Qdsuh (巧迪尚惠)

The Qdsuh team is flying to Korea today 8/6 to start filming, with teaser/BTS out on 20/6. There will also be a fanmeeting around 17/6 but I am not sure about the exact location...

Is IU gonna speak mandarin??? Don't know but I'm looking forward to it. If IU speaks mandarin, its just too cute like the HongKong fanmeeting...

Original Article in chinese: http://www.cbo.cn/bencandy.php?fid-13-id-25855-page-1.htm

Guest akye

Article : IU overcomes the "idol crisis"
Comments <3<3

Article talks about how the idol craze seems to be over with many of the new idols being overshadowed by veteran singers like Park Hyo Shin, god, Fly to the Sky, and the popularity of Junggigo's 'Some', causing a big red light in the idol industry. IU, however, is pointed out for doing things differently from the other idols and thus successfully avoiding the crisis. (1) Stay in Korea and focus on Korean fans (2) Quality over quantity with her small, personal theater concerts (3) Continuing to show new sides by collaborating with older artists instead of relying on what made her popular.

1. [+2,817, -102] All a singer needs to know how to do is sing. The rest will fall in place.

2. [+2,558, -361] IU's closer to a musician though, she's different from your average idol

3. [+1,485, -83] Of course, being pretty or handsome will also add to your popularity

4. [+1,108, -155] Stop categorizing IU under idols. She's like Younha, she's under musicians.

5. [+961, -95] IU's a singer now, not an idol

6. [+752, -68] Because IU has fan service, a way with words, and sings well~

7. [+743, -65] Senior Kim Dong Ryul praised IU on her remake album. He normally doesn't like remake albums so for someone like him to praise IU means that she really grew a lot with her music.

8. [+513, -40] I don't know why people are so quick to separate her between an idol and a musician. I find IU more amazing as a singer because she's able to fulfill both roles. Idols lack musicality, which she has, and musicians lack public appeal, which she has. It's hard to fulfill two roles like that which is what makes her more special.

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/06/iu-overcomes-idol-crisis.html
cr:netizenbuzz

I'm glad there are so many supporting her now. The remake album did wonders for IU.
It only took a voice to shake the earwax off so many prejudiced people.

I'm also glad that everyone is seeing her as a musician. But tbh, any singer that is dedicated to their profession and is willing to learn should be given an opportunity and not be so typically stereotyped.

But then I got to say that IU rides the idol and musician line very well and is the only one so far that can lean either way and still have public appeal.

Guest akazukincha

Hi everyone, I've been trolling in here for quite sometime and now decided to break my silence. First of all just wanted to thank everyone for keeping us updated and feeding my hungry IU heart with all the posts on IU. This is the first forum about her that I started lurking and decided to sign-up because you guys are all great and I really enjoyed all your posts, inside scoops (about IU) and conversations. I just started lurking in WeHeartIU thread since I don't speak Korean and there are a lot of translated article and videos there, oh yeah thank you also for taking the time in translating most of the stuff you post here. I really appreciate every bit of it. *Im thinking of other stuff to say ... forgot* *akward* *akward* lol Anyways, just wanted to really give thanks and know I appreciate every bit of hard work you do in this thread. Thank you! Thank you! =D> PS: Oh yeah I was lurking and saw this post in iunews instagram and remembered JoU people here :D http://iconosquare.com/p/738105919805957792_362097408 http://iconosquare.com/p/738096143822857737_362097408 I really like them in YTBLSS I think I've watch it dozen of times because of them but mostly IU hehe. :) Ok bye, Thanks again. Im going to continue lurking .. \:D/

Guest mumfu

@akazukincha welcome to Soompi IU, I'm so glad you have decided to 'unlurk' and join in, it's always great to meet a new IU fan.  
In the past we have often felt frustrated with the Idol tag placed on IU as it seemed to hold a negative connotation rather than a positive one.  IU has proven with her last two albums Modern Times and the Remake that she is indeed a great singer and then with her last two singles Friday and NSLorCB  she is noted as being a talented songwriter and producer as well.  Considering the popularity of all these works she is a 'hit maker' to boot.  IU has worked extremely hard to overcome the Idol label and she is truly an Artist in every sense, deservedly so.  She has broken the Idol image through her own endeavours as she matures as a person and artist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dYv69LoQZ8

[Audio] 140524 IU concert - Kwanghee guest cut

[Audio] 140529 IU concert - Jo Jong Suk guest cut

cr.boxgame

There are videos as well but they have been cut into 20sec clips. I'll join them together when I'm home... This uploader really makes international fans work for the concert videos..LOL

"Ah so IU and Yoo Inna came to watch Younha's concert together yesterday. When she mentioned IU was here, the audience was like OHHH... keke gave her a shock. And apparently IU was the guest for Younha's first ever concert (years back). Didn't know that lol"

cr. squishy