[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

[iNTERVIEW] 140120 Galaxy Note 3 Rose Gold with ‘2014 Sochi Winter Olympics’ support message

tumblr_inline_mzqu8sm07C1qz9xe6.jpg

- You were doing both acting and singing last year, with your 3rd album ‘Modern Times’ and dramas, YTBLSS and Pretty Man.

"I wanted to show a more mature image of myself in my 3rd album, so I took up many new challenges. While filming for YTBLSS and Pretty Man, I fell in love with acting. In particular, in YTBLSS, I learnt a lot from the seasoned actors. I’m glad to have received a lot of love and support last year and I have a good feeling about this year."

————————————————————

- What plans do you have for the new year?

"I would like to both sing and act as well this year. There are many areas that I’m still lacking as an actress, but I’m going to gradually improve. As a singer, I would like to actively participate in writing lyrics and songs. Due to my busy schedule, I haven’t had the chance to practise my guitar much. This year, I would like to try learning a variety of instruments as well. I want to write songs that express my thoughts and feelings, so as to get closer to my fans."

————————————————————

- The ‘Galaxy Note 3 Rose Gold’ was created in the hopes that our athletes to clinch the gold medals in the Sochi Winter Olympics. Which part of the design do you like best?

The edges, S-pen, home button, speaker and back camera are all rose gold, so it looks refined and classy. The colour rose gold gives one a warm feeling. Also, possessing gold items brings one luck. I would like to wish our athletes good luck with the Galaxy Note 3 Rose Gold edition.”

————————————————————

- I heard you know one of the Sochi Winter Olympic contestants, Kim Yuna?

"I got to know Kim Yuna through the variety show, ‘Kiss and Cry’. Inititally, skating was foreign and difficult for me, but she gave me a lot of help and encouragement. We also sang ‘Ice Flower’ together as a theme song for the show, which were good memories. When I watch Kim Yuna’s performances and interviews, I find her mental strength amazing. She must be under immense pressure, yet she always looks confident, for that I admire her a lot."

————————————————————

- A word of support for the nation’s athletes?

The athletes taking part in the olympics are all practising intensively and working hard to produce good results. I hope none of them get injured and that they can shine at the olympics. As a fan, I hope they put on a good fight.

————————————————————

- What about your future plans?

"Recently, I feel like there’s nothing as blissful as receiving compliments and love in something one likes and does well in. I’ll work hard to become a singer and actress that gets people wondering what kind of songs I’ll be singing next, or what kind of acting I’ll be showing next."

Translated by squishy with love

Source

Yes..We can see another drama and albums from IU this  year..

[TRANSLATION] 140120 KBS Turn up the Volume - Flower Boy Gift Shop (with Lee Jihyeong and IU)

Today!! At Flower Boy Gift Shop we held our temporary part-timer interviews :)

The interviewer?! Of course it was Lee Jihyeong CEOㅋ
And the interviewee was.. IUㅋ

tumblr_inline_mzqqt3U4nM1qz9xe6.jpg
-glance-

"Hello! I’m IU."

tumblr_inline_mzqr2aqXVb1qz9xe6.jpg

"(Totally courteous) Yes. Hello, I’m Lee Jjihyeong"

Greeting each other courteously.

more interview >>>

tumblr_inline_mzqr32Yp771qz9xe6.jpg

………………….totally awkward………………….

And then until 5 minutes before the start of their segment, they just sat.there.like.that…

I was completely flustered by how awkward it was between the both of them. Oh my..

tumblr_inline_mzqsl8YNwP1qz9xe6.jpg

But once the broadcast started, da! dum! da! dum!
They became best friends

*Lee Jihyeong’s remarks during the broadcast*

tumblr_inline_mzqsmdpviu1qz9xe6.jpg
"Since they’ve been dating for 50 days.. Shall we get them a couple ring?!" (Note: The concept of the show is to give out sponsored prizes.)
“No, CEO, I don’t think so!”
“???????”
“I think 50 days is still too early!”
“Is….that so?”
“(Firmly) Yes!”
“Alright. Iyu-ssi is right, we shan’t do that then.
That’s what I thought.”
tumblr_inline_mzqsq1PKKi1qz9xe6.jpg

"They say guys are weak to fragrances. How about a shampoo rinse set to lure him with the aroma?!"
“Oh oh that’s excellent. We’ve discovered an expert.”

The CEO was being like that no matter what IU said.

tumblr_inline_mzqsqj0aNE1qz9xe6.jpg
The CEO’s complete faith in his part-timer

"Hey hey~ Just do as you please!"

tumblr_inline_mzqsqvwth31qz9xe6.jpg
Aren’t you acting very differently from the way you did last week??

When the song was playing.. Yoo DJ questioned him.
"Lee Jihyeong-ssi, you’re acting very differently from the way you did last week!!! When I gave out presents, you practically tackled me!!!!!!”

"That’s because…"
Jihyeong-ssi replied with an earnest expression.
"It’s someone different this time."

….. CEO, how are you going to face the consequences later on…?

tumblr_inline_mzqsrg51Pb1qz9xe6.jpg

Jihyeong-ssi was proud and satisfied, saying that when he went on his business trip in the following week, the intelligent part-timer IU, would do a good job tending the store.

"Iyu-ssi. I’ll leave the shop to you."
"Don’t worry! This shop is my shop
That’s how I’ll think as I look after it.”

"Really??? Thank you so much."

231AD43352DD5CD61CF502See~you~soon~ // We haven’t ended yet, why are you already trying to send me away?;;

"Oh ㅋ With that, the temporary part-timer became a long-term part-timer and the shop manager at that, and the CEO evenㅋ”
"……-0-"

..Seems like what Jihyeong-ssi hired wasn’t a part-timer but a tiger cub.

220ABC3A52DD5D0103BD7D

250ADC3A52DD5D02034EAC…the CEO even making a half-hearted attempt to pose for the camera

Next Monday! Instead of Flower Boy Gift Shop, it’ll be Flower Girl Gift Shop. Do look forward to it :)

Also.. We received delicious snacks from IU fans

25677B3452DD5D1A0B8C0B

In a huge box that I couldn’t even carry by wraping my arms around it, there were drinks and lots of sandwiches and fruits. Yoo DJ and IU, as well as Jihyeong-ssi of course, and the staff all enjoyed the food. Thank youㅎ 

Translated by squishy with love
Source

cr:IU-jjang

@airbening I'm really not sure. I think it's her natural hair color. It's just different regarding the light. I saw her pictures during YTBLSS time. There was sometimes her hair looked really black. And she also said that she usually didn't do anything with her hair.

Eng said: @airbening I'm really not sure. I think it's her natural hair color. It's just different regarding the light. I saw her pictures during YTBLSS time. There was sometimes her hair looked really black. And she also said that she usually didn't do anything with her hair.

@Eng @airbeningalw
I might be being too nitpicky today, but between her Turn Up the Volume/Flower Boy Gift Shop gig, plus the MBC Section TV fanmeet, it would seem like uri IU doesn't have a coordi working with her on her styling. In both instances she seemed extremely casual with not as much attention paid to her hair. Granted, she always seems much more casual for her radio appearances, but I can't help feeling those are important also since pictures are always taken.  What do you both think? On another note, it almost feels like time is moving backwards. She's looking younger at these 2 events, though much of that can probably be attributed to the she's dressed.   :-? :-?

@meahri66, Annyeong chingu, IU reminds me of Sandra Bullock in terms of her personal dress sense, they are both T-shirts and jeans kind of girls, natural no-fuss kind of style.  IU always said that she often feels less confident/awkward around people who dress well as she doesn't.  It's also one of the reasons why she isn't attracted to 'pretty-boy'/good looking types who are always 'dressed-up'.  I think her cordi is probably on a break.  Perhaps IU feels she is on her break even with the Radio show and fan meeting hence the Lee Ji-eun low key dress rather than the professional IU.  Also do you remember @Eng saying when she saw IU at her encore performance, she was just like an ordinary person - so to speak.   

@mumfu
Annyeong!!  That's a great comparison. I can see shades of Sandra in uri IU, not only in the dress sense, but sometimes when they're not that physically coordinated, which is very adorable and endearing.  I love that our IU is a very normal person. Because of that, although I think she's extremely talented and beautiful, I don't place her on a pedestal. Instead, I feel like she and all her Uaena are truly like a family. :x :x
By the way, chingu, pikupiku mentioned on the JoU thread that uri IU confirmed her attendance at the Seoul Music Awards and that Eunhyuk would be MCing. @Eng @mumfu @iu93jjang @normalahamid , can any of you confirm, or is there a chance piku chingu is confusing this with another event? 

@meahri66

This is her updated schedule. There is still no Seoul Music Award on the list. However, as I remember, she got nomination so there is still a possibility. Will confirm you again.

[schedule]

(Will constantly update this page. Check at iu schedule)

14.01.23 [RELEASE] Dungeon & Fighter knight CF (full version)

14.01.24 [PERF] SBS Powerfm Concert - Collage @ 7:30pm (duet with Choi Baekho)

14.01.27 [RADIO] KBS2 FM Turn up the Volume - Flower Girl Gift Shop @ 8pm

14.01.31 [bROADCAST] SBS Seolal Special - Paldo Cooking Challenge (with Shin Sekyung, Han Hyoju, etc.)

14.02.08 or 09 [bROADCAST] SBS Powerfm Concert @ 6pm

14.02.12 [EVENT] 3rd Gaon Chart Kpop Awards @ 7 pm

14.03.23 [EVENT] IU Modern Times Showcase in Hong Kong @ 8:30 pm

(Postponed) [RELEASE] “Untitled” Full Japanese album (tracklist and contents unconfirmed)

Eng said: @meahri66 This is her updated schedule. There is still no Seoul Music Award on the list. However, as I remember, she got nomination so there is still a possibility. Will confirm you again. [schedule] (Will constantly update this page. Check at iu schedule) 14.01.23 [RELEASE] Dungeon & Fighter knight CF (full version) 14.01.24 [PERF] SBS Powerfm Concert - Collage @ 7:30pm (duet with Choi Baekho) 14.01.27 [RADIO] KBS2 FM Turn up the Volume - Flower Girl Gift Shop @ 8pm 14.01.31 [bROADCAST] SBS Seolal Special - Paldo Cooking Challenge (with Shin Sekyung, Han Hyoju, etc.) 14.02.08 or 09 [bROADCAST] SBS Powerfm Concert @ 6pm 14.02.12 [EVENT] 3rd Gaon Chart Kpop Awards @ 7 pm 14.03.23 [EVENT] IU Modern Times Showcase in Hong Kong @ 8:30 pm (Postponed) [RELEASE] “Untitled” Full Japanese album (tracklist and contents unconfirmed)

@airbening ahahha omg I totally forgot about "Bloom"....Did I mention that all the girls of BEG are making a cameo appearance as well, oh and did I also mention the title of the song? Let's say that the title is quite interesting haha..."Truth or dare."

Good morning from California, Chingu!! Just continuing this countdown reminder for all of you who followed YTBLSS, or are JoU shippers, or Uaena.

JoU_3days_YTBLSS_zps982af913.jpg 

PS:  This will be a pajama party, so make sure you're dressed appropriately!  :D :D

Cr: uploader

OMG, I laughed so much when I saw this CF for the Dungeon & Fighter CF.  If you want to a hint before you view the CF video, look at the spoiler but I recommend that you just watch the video.  :D

iumushimushi:  [HQ] Dungeon and Fighter - Knight (1920 x 924) cr: Nexon

edit:  darn spoiler tag is giving me trouble :(