[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

IU performs and receives praise from Choi Baek Ho on 'Yoo Hee Yeol's Sketchbook'

http://youtu.be/S6Q1g4C-Q8M

On October 11, IU appeared on KBS 2TV's 'Yoo Hee Yeol's Sketchbook' to promote her third album 'Modern Times.'

However, she was not the only guest!  Choi Baek Ho, who was one of the artists featured on her album, also made a surprise appearance.  IU explained that her father used to sing Choi Baek Ho's "Against Romance" a lot in the karaoke.  She said, "I thought the song was the most charismatic song in the world.  I also sang it often in concerts."

Choi Baek Ho revealed that he first met IU while backstage for the special 100th episode of 'Sketchbook.'  She approached him asking for his signature so she could give it to her father.

IU said she wanted to be a sunbae like Choi Baek Ho, who waited until she was done recording so they could have pleasant conversations.

Lastly, Choi Baek Ho said about IU, "This is only the start.  She is a talented person."

On 'Sketchbook,' IU also talked about how the host Yoo Hee Yeol was in her music video for 'The Red Shoes.'  In it, he wore red skinny pants that made all the female staff members fall for him so IU brought out those very same pants to give as a present to Yoo Hee Yeol.

Check out these video clips of her interview and performances from 'Yoo Hee Yeol's Sketchbook'!

http://youtu.be/FryWOG7bB1I

http://youtu.be/AEXaeQj9Dws

http://youtu.be/-xGwkkriKeQ

http://youtu.be/03V5_lpdMz8

Source: AKP

Guest weijiji

Oh, man. I'm seriously loving the whole image IU is promoting with right now. I instantly fell in love with her when she debuted with MIA, but I was a bit taken back when I saw her with these really cute and fluffy concepts. Don't get me wrong because I thought she was absolutely adorable, but they weren't really my cup of tea. Her concept now... /swoons into a puddle.

@weijiji
Agreed. While I enjoyed her cute, fluffy songs and concepts, MIA was and still remains my favorite IU song. Modern Times is like going back to her debut days, before the cute and fluffy, with the maturity of IU's current age and mentality, and I am enjoying it so, so much. :D

Reposting from the JOU's thread:
@berny @akina I do agree with both of you but apparently this story was a huge misunderstanding. It was blown out of proportion and  as usual knetizens blamed it all on IU. All I have to say is that  I feel really bad for her, she went through a lot and she is only 20 (international age) I hope they will give the poor girl a break. This whole story is just ridiculous and to show you  how ridiculous it is, let me post this comment written by someone who was intelligent enough to do some research instead of believing a stupid article (like those netizens) written by a stupid reporter who likes twisting people's words. I seriously want to hug the person who wrote this comment to show how grateful I'm. . 

• Please, these haters don't even know the full story. First of all, Yang Hee eun said "This is how the world is these days. Technology has gotten so much better." and then, she complimented IU, saying that it isn't easy to "match up" well unless you really feel the song. Reporters always cut it off to distort actual meaning, and k-netizens don't bother to recheck the content through the original source (which would be Yang Hee eun's radio appearance).

Plus, "you should've known to visit your grand senior and say thank you"...? IU went to go find Yang Hee eun as soon as her album came out to go greet her and deliver her thanks. There are numerous accounts of their meeting, but of course, they all went ignored. & People can stop making it sound like Yang Hee eun was offended and whatnot. The two are on good terms and IU has expressed her thanks in an interview as well because Yang Hee eun provided guidance during the recording of the song.

K-netizens started to put IU in a spot, saying that IU's interview was a lie. How could Yang Hee eun provide guidance when they never recorded in person together? Actually, Yang Hee eun gave IU much advice by contacting her over the phone. IU's Korean fans are frustrated by the reporters' and netizens' distortion of the relationship the two actually have. Unsurprisingly, k-netizens are hating again without even knowing anything. Pft.
    Guest  Guest  7 hours ago

• To add to my comment, even the radio PD clarified this whole thing because it got so misconstrued, that the two did meet b/c IU immediately came over on the 7th to express her gratitude and of course, to hand deliver her the new album.

+ It's quite common for artists to record separately. Considering this and the actual truth, IU did show respect to her grand senior and act appropriately. & With the whole Go Doo shim thing, I only remember her praising IU for her hard working, earnest attitude at a different drama's press conference. What the Richard Simmons are these netizens even saying...Poor IU, she is one of the most humble celebrity that I know  in S.Korea but people are trying so hard to find something to hate on her. But thanks GOD Uaenas all over the world got her back and won't let these stupid haters blame her for something as ridiculous as this. Here is another comment found on the same site that explains what IU said about Yang Hee Eun. 
    "IU said this during her press when her abum was released: "I heard the finalized version of 'Midday Dream' after Yang Hee Eun featured and I was so shocked. I thought to myself, 'This song would sound so much better if she sang it by herself.' I'm really thankful for her."

And as the first comment stated, even the pd of the radio program clarified everything, there is an article about it. http://news.nate.com/view/20131011n27281?mid=n1008
    A lot of people commented on the article, I'm curious to know what they have to say now. 
    ps: sorry about the long post, I should have used the spoiler tag but I still don't know how this thing works.

eunhyeonly said: @ Katkat09
          aren't they cute?..their chemistry in the MV is
really something... I heard his really into her 'coz he
like her way before this albun was made...IU is his
favorite singer...I can't stop watching Red Shoes b'
coz of the music and b'co of them 2...i love all the tract
there is nothing to throw away...I just love this girl...

Guest weijiji

@akinahana89Seriously, omg. It's obvious she's growing into a woman and I'm glad she's finally coming out with a rather mature concept! I wonder which concepts she likes the best though~ 

What do you guys thinking about her potential leading role in Pretty man drama with Jang Geun Suk?

I want to see her more on drama but quite worry about health. And also wonder if I would die if he gives my IU a deep kiss.Otoke...TT

IU in talks to play the love interest of Jang Geun Suk and Lee Jang Woo in 'Pretty Man'

IU_1381539277_af_org.jpg

IU is currently in talks for the lead female role alongside the already confirmed Jang Geun Suk in new KBS 2TV drama 'Pretty Man'!

IU is in talks to play the lead female character Kim Bo Tong. Like her name which means 'ordinary' or 'average' in Korean, she is an ordinary girl but has a lovable charm. She also has a crush on the 'pretty man', Dok Go Ma Te (Jang Geun Suk), and will find herself in a love triangle with him as well as Lee Jang Woo's character Choi David.

IU's reps stated, "Although we received the synopsis for 'Pretty Man', we are still reviewing it. IU just released an album recently so things are hectic right now and by November, it would be the period to focus on regular, full-fledged promotions so were are not sure whether there will be enough time. We are currently discussing it."

'Pretty Man' is a story about a man with a pretty face who manages to capture the hearts of females easily, and through them, he gains not only riches and power, but also later learns what's truly important in life.

'Pretty Man' is set to premiere following 'Secrets'.

Source: AKP

Eng said: What do you guys thinking about her potential leading role in Pretty man drama with Jang Geun Suk? I want to see her more on drama but quite worry about health. And also wonder if I would die if he gives my IU a deep kiss.Otoke...TT I would love to see IU in another drama, but I think Pretty Man would be a TERRIBLE choice. IU should pick diverse roles to truly show her talent. The way they describe the leading female in PM is pretty negative and I think I would hate seeing IU portraying that character. Not to mention, she only just had her comeback. She's going to be so busy promoting for it. She's also releasing a full length Japanese album soon and will have to promote for that. She needs to take a break or, at least, concentrate on one thing at a time. There is no need to rush into anything and I am certain IU is getting drama offers left and right after her outstanding YTBLSS performance. This will not be the only leading role she is offered. There will be a better role for her to portray. (And yes, I still can't move on past JoU, so it would suck to see her with Jang Geun Suk - especially since I'm not particularly a fan of his anyway.)

@akinahana89

@Eng

I personally don't see how it is physically possible for IU to take on a drama in the duration of 2013 with her current schedule.  I am certain all IU fans look forward to her next project on the small screen however for her own growth and development as an actress she needs to try a role with more of a challenge and not necessarily as the Lead either.  

I have been impressed with IU and Loen's direction for Modern Times, the music, IU's performance outfits ( style ) and her image is perfect.  Wanting to see where/how  IU's new image would fit in Kpop I watched the live stream of Music Bank. I was not impressed with the girl groups, they all appeared 'stuck' in the cutesy/sexy style they have been singing and dancing to for years.  Mind you the boys weren't much better.  Then the real music/singing happened when uri IU took the stage and her maturation and quality of voice has moved her past Kpop and into a class all of her own. 

2013 has been a prominent year for her and she has made us very proud in the process .  But this is all due to a couple of things, firstly good decisions were made, secondly IU's hard work and commitment and thirdly Loen's support of IU. So I am going to trust IU and Loen to make the right choice for her next drama project, I'm sure they have many offers on the table with which they will give careful consideration to.  Then like yeoreobon I will give my full support.  I don't mind who she acts with as long as they have the same work ethic, intelligence and wit as uri IU, then I'm kwenchanayo.  So I will eagerly await their decision as to her next drama project.

My JoU heart is strong I believe JJS has already made her his 'cherished' girl and that bond will not be broken.  IU has been surrounded by young idols for years but no-one could capture her heart.  Many have tried and after her 'Comeback' many more will try, but she is a mature and talented young woman and so therefore only a mature and talented man can match her and ultimately catch her.  That man is her first man JJS.     

Eng

said: What do you guys thinking about her potential leading role in Pretty man drama with Jang Geun Suk? I want to see her more on drama but quite worry about health. And also wonder if I would die if he gives my IU a deep kiss.Otoke...TT