[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

I love every song. I can't even choose my top 3. I tried for hours but couldn't make it. I ended up loving every song. This album is awesome. She looks so beautiful, sexy, and still naturally cute at the same time. The lyrics are meaningful. The production is good. All featurings are nice. Her voice is just....IU...the best!

최고다 아이유. 노래가 좋다.

Guest iheartyou1518

IU wins ‘Best Female Solo Singer’ at the Korean Entertainment 10th Anniversary Awards in Japan!

sa16fX87.jpg

Korean Entertainment 10th Anniversary Awards in Japan announced the music awards result on October 4!

What a bang prior to IU‘s comeback on October 7th! IU bagged the ‘Best Female Solo Singer‘ award!

Meanwhile, IU is coming back with her latest album, ‘Modern Times‘. 

written by: loveluytakyo@dkpopnews.net
SOURCE: ke10th

----

congratulations IU! another award to add in your long list of wins.. 

:x <:-P :-*

OMG OMG I don't know if you know the korean-american rock band "Royal Pirates" they debuted in Korea not too long ago. So I actually started paying attention to them after knowing that this gorgeous man who is known as Daniel Henney's look-a-like was in the group  (both of them are so handsome but I personally don't think they look alike) 
89e9a224d757e283bad62cc871000314.jpg
Well this gorgeous man (with the white shirt next to the other beautiful man, Daniel Henney) just tweeted this: 

1. a954d769bf2dfbc374dec49ab06c5ab1_normal.James Lee ‏@jamesjoohyunlee13 h

IU's 분홍신 is pretty awesomeOuvrir

Perpetrator behind IU's vicious rumors to do community service

IU_1381241951_af_org.jpg

The netizen, "A," who spread vicious rumors about IU on the internet managed to avoid criminal punishment on the condition that "A" does community service.

Through a mediation procedure, "A" reached an agreement with IU's agency Loen Entertainment in which the latter would drop the charge if "A" did 200 hours of community service.

After the charge was dropped, the investigator of Seoul Central District Prosecutors' Office terminated the case, saying there would be no right of arraignment in regards to "A."  

In summary, last May, the netizen had written, "IU will be marrying a famous idol member," on the internet, spreading false rumors about the singer.  The perpetrator was discovered last month through the IP address and was in the middle of investigation until this settlement was reached between the two parties.

Now that the issue has finally been resolved, it appears IU can comfortably move forward with her long-awaited comeback.

Source: AKP

My thoughts:

That's it? Community service? I actually wanted them to press charges against the netizen behind those rumors, to show how serious something like that can be taken and to warn off other idiotic netizens from attempting the same thing. Rumors can have drastic consequences and I think netizens need to be aware of that since it seems like so many of them are so blatantly careless with their words.

Annyeong yeoreobon,

One of uri IU's most endearing qualities is her ability to laugh at herself,  which always makes me smile and laugh with her.

Cr - asiaaddiction 

tumblr_mudbn1UWen1so8epdo3_500.gif 

tumblr_mudbn1UWen1so8epdo1_500.gif

tumblr_muddc7GU8S1syyjq0o1_500.gif

Yeoreobon

this reminds me of Beyoncé's song....  

I'm a grown woman, I can do anything I want!

tumblr_mudarykj9r1rktfduo1_400.gif

A VIDEO REVIEW ON RED SHOES....

I'm not yet sure who this "GRISSLE" guy is...but he sure is so amazed by IU ....LOL !
Well Grissle's analysis is very interesting...it made me see the Red Shoes video and the story behind it on a different light...got me to appreciate it more.

Summary of his words..on IU's AWESOMENESS !!!!(watch video below)

“The production value...not only in just the song...but in the MV as well...it's just out of this world...i don't even put in a Kpop category for me...it feels like a big time musical number..show...movie...Broadway...it feels that way to me..it doesn't feel like a regular Kpop video, Kpop song...it's just so well done.”

“The song..the beat..the background music for it...it's very jazzy, very big bandy, 20s, 30s type feel to it..that musical kinda feel."

"Her vocals were downright amazing!   It didn't have that same structure that normal Pop songs have..she kinda added some concepts in there...from Kpop...but for the most part there's that musical base structure that she went off to...it was done so, so well !"

Well Grissle, I do agree...i really thought it was cool too...and was blown away as well...cool man ...peace ! and thank you. 

:-bd

[iNFO] 131009 #IU got stuck in her dressing room at M! Countdown because the doorknob fell off! I think her life is starting to resemble a Charlie Chaplin comedy! kekekeke -admin kpoppa

TWEET: 문이 잠긴 채로 문고리가 떨어졌어요ㅋㅋㅋ 아 웃을일이 아닌가 안에 이유누님 갇힘

source: @bongsamee's Twitter http://t.co/HmTePwrySF

922998_657934447572957_1779720650_n.jpg

Just drop by to say that her 3rd album is super amazing. She has proved herself again to be a talented singer. She dares to create songs which don't have to follow the k-pop songs that idols usually sing. This album is soooooo awesome for all the jazz, big band, bossa nova, and latin style. I love all songs. 
IU is REAL!
Love IU.

Annyeong yeoreobon,

@emerald_2 re- Grissle review,

Kumawo for posting this review, Grissle has the most astute review of the Red Shoes MV I have seen so far.  He is correct, this is a musical production which tells two stories. The first story is based on H.C. Anderson's fairytale and the second is a veiled story of what IU experienced in the recent past, her sadness and wanting to get back the happier times ( summer time ), finally her changing and maturing into a young woman.  The lyrics could only have been written by someone who is very close to IU.  The story line is extremely well done.

The MV itself is not of the Kpop world, it is a Bigband concept with a full musical production and this too is extremely well done.  Full credit to IU, Loen, and the Production team.  The decision to use Red Shoe's as the lead mv for this album was a gamble I think as it's not close to being the best single of the album and could easily have had negative repercussions.  However Loen know their target audience and the response to the MV is evident in it's position on all the Music Charts.  Congratulations to everyone especially uri IU, this was a well planned and executed 'Comeback'. 

There is not much more I can say about Modern Times the Album that you haven't said, or seen, or read about other than the fact that this album is solid,  from concept through to production.  IU's voice, the Band, the guest Artists, writers, composers, lyricist, everything is outstanding. Above and beyond all that what this Album does is deliver the 'best damn music' we have heard in a long time.  Therefore it's not surprising to see all of the songs from the Album taking the top thirteen spots of every Music Chart making Modern Times an All Kill Album.

As for a favourite, I can't, there's just too many good songs that I want to listen to continually.  The emotions I feel when listening to each song range from dancing and singing, to romantic, to crying, to happiness, because that's what good music does it touches us emotionally and takes us to a place beyond here. 

This album is magic and IU is spreading her magic for all to enjoy. 

tumblr_mueuljmvvD1rlzlwyo6_500.jpg

IU attracts a huge crowd in Myungdong for her guerrilla date with 'Entertainment Weekly'

IU_1381335234_af_org.jpg

The on-line community is abuzz with pictures of IU filming her guerrilla date in Myungdong for KBS 2TV's 'Entertainment Weekly'.  IU, seeing all her fans gathered around, gave them a bright and pretty smile. 

Supposedly, the whole area was incapacitated because so many fans were gathering in swarms like it were a national holiday.

IU's agency Loen Entertainment said, "IU had a guerilla date for 'Entertainment Weekly' on the 9th.  We don't know the exact circumstances of what happened on location, but we know many fans gathered."

It is no surprise she attracted such a huge crowd as her latest third album 'Modern Times' has succeeded in an all-kill on the music charts.  Make sure you watch the MV here if you haven't already!

Source: AKP