Calling All Greater Vancouver Residents

wishless

Guest angel_cutie

weeeee i got a reply ~~~

1.do we need parental permission

Yes, if you're under 19th, on the registration form you'll have to give your parents' names.

2. the pre-screening is from oct 15-30 and only

from monday is friday right?

Yes October is the deadline. And the scout is in Hong Kong right now, will be back in Mid October. You'll get a notice later on on whether you make it to the final audition on December 6th / 7th.

3. will there be microphone set up?o we only sing

with the CD player?

For the prescreening, there will be no microphone. You just sing to the video camera (the scout is video taping your singing/dancing, etc. There will be a CD player at the scout's office so you can play the accompanying music.

4.if we make it into the final round,do we get to stay in BC?or

do we have to go to Japan right away?

This I'm not sure. I know their priority is to cast for 2 upcoming movies, but I don't know when these projects will start and when they are taking place. I'm sure you'll get to know more if you have your final audition and get selected from there.

do we have to fill out the whole registration form? what if we dont know our sizes?

Yes, please try your best to complete the form. We need almost everything for future references. Measure your measurements if you can.

Guest ceylonblue

So is this completely separate from Avex Global Audition then?

I'm kinda worried b/c this isn't even listed on the Avex site, plus the contact people aren't from Avex either, and you have to meet the scout in a private office . . . wonder if it's even safe to send an application what with all the identity theftage going on. . .

Guest ceylonblue

angel_cutie - Do you know if they have a website? I tried googling "Chine production" but all I got was a bunch of construction engineering sites (in French, haha).

It would be really awesome to audition for Avex, but I just wanna be safe and check them out first. My cousin wants to be a model and she said you gotta watch out for scammers, cuz there's been stories of ppl who try to lure you with "casting calls"/"photoshoots" but they actually wanna rape you and steal your wallet :blink: Like one thing to watch out for is if you say you wanna bring someone with you but they say "no chaperones". . .

This is so fake.

Don't you people see the red flags?

The application document they send you through email is a Microsoft Word file.

Electronic application forms are always Adobe PDF.

The email is not a business email.

Big companies like this will never accept questions through e-mail. They have better things to do than to reply to your questions personally.

http://avexworldaudition.com/2008/en/application/

This is the official website for the auditions. Please be careful next time when you are contemplating whether or not you should go to an audition.

Guest ceylonblue

Yeah I guess you're right.

It just seems wrong - why would Avex have ANOTHER company (which doesn't even get hits on Google?!?) do auditions for them when they're ALREADY doing their own Global Auditions?

Guest UnknownMelody

the first dead give away was the contact info. "Mandy at lemandia8825@yahoo.ca" DEFINITELY A SCAM! Avex has their own email, they wouldn't use yahoo, and second the mandy at lemandia8825 sounds like a email my friend could have. Not very professional. they usually have like blahblahblah@avexgroup.com or for this occasion contact@avexstarsearch.com

sounds a little shabby.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest amurokenji

haha i went there already. theres no cd player. u fill out a sheet . sing acapella while they record you and take 3 headshots pics to send to avex. if it is a scam then i can sue them big time for stealing my work thats on cd since i'm a member of SOCAN (Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada) which is like ASCAP in USA which copyrights all your projects and such. anyways, caterina chu was the scout (http://www.chinepromotions.com/promoter.html) .. everything seemed legit through out the whole process and the audition i think are seperate from the global auditions so maybe thats why people cant find dates on the audition. i dont know thats just my guess cause they call it the "Avex talent search 2008".

Guest angel_cutie

REALLY!?!?!

omgsh....i should have went T________T

do you think it will be too late to go now??

ALSO does that mean that we dont have to bring a CD for instrumental

or any pictures??haha cuz that would be awsome xD

Guest KayrinJJ

is there a TORONTO one ???

cuz... it's not really, uh... "convenient" to fly across the country y'knoe wat i mean :sweatingbullets: yaa... LOL

iono man... i wanna try out buut

i live in friggin TORONTO and ... i JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS

(see my problem ?)

sooo a lil help here ? i wanna audition so what do i do ?

Guest tink3rr

no i dun think so , and i think it's still going on , cause my friend email the scout and she said there are still auditions til november , but you gotta email for dates

Guest KayrinJJ
DO you have to speak japanese for this audition?

yaa apparently you do but WHO GIVES A CRAP !

just go audition and deal with that later... LMFAO !! >XD

no i dun think so , and i think it's still going on , cause my friend email the scout and she said there are still auditions til november , but you gotta email for dates

ooh... so i can still sign up for auditions NOW ?!

but maan... wat's the point... i dont live in Vancouver...

so Vancouver is the ONLY place for audtions ???

why ?! *sniff sniff* :tears:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest applehoney

Hey guys,

I saw an ad for this in Craigslist. Did anyone else go and how did you find it?

Chine Productions should be credible, but I'm just surprised it's not mentioned anywhere on the Avex site.

Thanks!

Guest aoiusagi7843

I believe it is a scam because they do not refer to the English website of the Avex audition website.

And there was no such person as Mandy or the audition mentioned on the Chine production website.

If you really want to audition for the Avex World Audition 2008 then you should apply according to the following link:

http://avexworldaudition.com/2008/en/

They are accepting applications until November 28, 2008 and you would be singing in Japanese.

Archived