SINGLE EYELIDS

Guest banana milk =)

Guest mr.viviano

^...ooooo, you're one of those people that have pretty, nice, big eyes that are single eyelids...you're so pretty :)...

ahaha just what i was thinking! when i think single eyelid i think small eyes, but your eyes are a pretty shape, and they are big too ! =)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fashionista*

i have single eyelids too! i usually put eyeliner and eyeshadow blended or just eyeliner to make my eyes bigger

and less plain. i used to draw out my eyeliner longer and curl the ends and i also put eyeliner at the bottom but it made me look very fierce lol.

so now i'm back to eyeliner at the top without any at the bottom.

i think single eyelids are stylish in their own way. i see lots of girls in here who look so pretty with single eyelids and are rockin the style good!

but i wouldn't mind trying out double eyelids lol :)

my single eyelids without makeup:

1009043gd3.jpg

1009047nk9.jpg

my eyes with makeup:

1009084cl3.jpg

1009307on9.jpg

Guest SophiaSan

Wow!! That's amazing. I'm gonna go try it tomorrow to see how it goes. Soompi girls here are so talented in using their make-up!

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Guest blisskiss

@blisskiss - umm. black black? so i should use the color brown or something? XD?

yes. a softer grey, brown, or even a purple will look more natural. this is even more true if you have lighter skin. eyeliner is a funny thing because if you have large eyes, it will make your eyes look LARGER but if you have small eyes, it will make them look SMALLER.

if you have small eyes:

1) use a lighter colored eyeliner. (try to find a grey instead of black)

2) line only the top lid. if you line the bottom, only do the outer corners.

3} always use a waterproof eyeliner. liquid stays on better than pencil, but pencil looks more natural.

if you have the problem where your whole lid covers all the eyeliner you put on and you don't want to look goth, my advice is to only line a THIN line of eyeliner still. You can use a shadow to fill in some space above the eyeliner, but try not to go eyeliner crazy. oh, and SMUDGE the eyeliner as soon as you put it on with a q-tip. that way, the liner isn't as built up and you can control where it sets better when it starts to smudge later.

the more important thing when you have single lids, imo, is mascara. a good mascara that HOLDS CURL! I use max factor Lash Perfection waterproof, and it's amazing. it's the kind with the cool spiky wand and it holds a curl all day, lengthens a LOT, and doesn't clump. (diorshows clumped and didn't hold curl for me. i must have extra-stubborn lashes :( )

curl your lashes (i use shiseido curler) and use the mascara by first concentrating a lot near the bottom, to help hold the curl. then you wiggle the wand side to side while you go up the lash so you can get some volume. if you want length, angle the brush a little and graze over the tips of the lashes.

eye_lashperfectionwaterproof.jpg

I'll see if I can make a second tutorial this weekend! I also just got some circle lenses, so I will add that too.

this is just how i do my makeup everyday.. pretty 'natural'.

my skin is being really -urggg- lately.

i have a lot of scars that are healing from acne, i guess. its from my medication.

so dont mind my face please. =]

i hope this helped a little? its nothing too fancy, just a little way to make your eyes stand out a bit.. if you have single lids. =]

note: i used clear mascara.. less clumpy and turns out 'bolder' for me. :sweatingbullets:

That's pretty cute! Really works for ya ^^

Although I would like to suggest using concealer for the uneven skin tone.

Guest simplicityyx

That's pretty cute! Really works for ya ^^

Although I would like to suggest using concealer for the uneven skin tone.

thanks : ) . yea, i sometimes do when i go out, but i was just at home and i didn't really have to go anywhere so i just thought id leave it . : P

i think i'm going to replace my pictures afterwards when i do have face makeup on.

Guest MizzNana

Wow this really helps. My eyes are weird I have a double eye lid one side and a single on the other. =-=" So now I can try to put make up on.

circle lenses do wonder for single eyelids... i bought a pair recently. circle lenses + makeup... omg. i thought i was looking at the wrong person in the mirror... TOTALLY different..

Guest .melee.

what type of eyes is this and what kinda make up would work for me?

i'm no good w/ make up and have no idea how to blend so i wanted something somewhat nice, simple and natural.

eyes2325x433jk7.jpg

Guest blisskiss

what type of eyes is this and what kinda make up would work for me?

i'm no good w/ make up and have no idea how to blend so i wanted something somewhat nice, simple and natural.

eyes2325x433jk7.jpg

your eyes are jjag-ji, like uneven. one side has double, one is single. I would recommend you buy an eyelid glue and begin gluing the single side every day and night until it becomes double and matches the other one.

until that happens, you can use eyeliner to cover the fact that they are uneven. try just using a basic tan or coral near the edge of the eyelid then use eyeliner near your top lashes.

Guest .melee.

your eyes are jjag-ji, like uneven. one side has double, one is single. I would recommend you buy an eyelid glue and begin gluing the single side every day and night until it becomes double and matches the other one.

until that happens, you can use eyeliner to cover the fact that they are uneven. try just using a basic tan or coral near the edge of the eyelid then use eyeliner near your top lashes.

oooo xD

is it possible to do any type of make-up that would look fine with my eyes as is?

like not hiding that one's single and one's double?

or would i have to either decide to make it look 1 way only?

Guest blisskiss

oooo xD

is it possible to do any type of make-up that would look fine with my eyes as is?

like not hiding that one's single and one's double?

or would i have to either decide to make it look 1 way only?

honestly, the problem is that eyeshadow and liner just don't fall the same way on double and single lids. if you do one eye the double way and one the single way, they won't look the same. it might even make the jjag-ji more apparent.

I guess you could just do a neutral-peachy-tan color near the bottom, then just put some darker eyeshadow near your lash edge. i think it could be pretty.

Blisskiss's Single-eyelid Makeup Tutorial

first you have to get your materials together:

*clinique blush/bronzer

*maybelline neutral-earthy shadow palette

*revlon gold-purple cream shadows pallete

*kleancolor bright shadows palette

*max factor Lash Perfection waterproof mascara

*avon waterproof pencil liner

*maybelline waterproof liquid liner (the kind with felt pen-tip)

*translucent powder

*lancome photogenic concealer in camee

*lipgloss

*tear grey circle lens

makeuptutorial021.jpgmakeuptutorial001.jpg

start with a clean, moisturized face. no makeup.

makeuptutorial004.jpg

put in contacts, then put concealer on to even skin. (you can also do foundation, powder, etc.)

makeuptutorial015.jpg

brush translucent powder over eyelids. this will help keep eye makeup in place.

makeuptutorial016.jpg

put a pearly white shadow under the brow, and a gold cream shadow over the rest of the lid

makeuptutorial024.jpg.

using a dark pink, brush a thin strip along your top lash line. then, line the top and bottom lid with purple shadow. purple should be hidden when your eyes are open, but thick enough to see the difference in color when you blink.

makeuptutorial027.jpg

makeuptutorial031.jpg

you should barely be able to see the pink along the top lid when you open your eyes.

makeuptutorial029.jpg

next, line the top lids with liquid liner.

makeuptutorial032.jpg

line the bottom lids with the pencil liner, starting at the outer edge, and stopping in the middle of your eye.

tip: smudge the bottom lids and outer corners of your eye with a q-tip. the liner will look softer and stay in place better.

makeuptutorial035.jpg

eyes with shadow and liner complete:

eyes-shadowandliner.jpg

next, apply pink blush to the apples of your cheeks.

makeuptutorial039.jpg

curl lashes and apply mascara to the top and bottom lids. (i have this in a video)

th_MOV07218.jpg

makeuptutorial056.jpg

makeuptutorial058.jpg

add gloss and a bit of pearl shadow to the center of the bottom lip for the completed look.

makeuptutorial060.jpg

with hair (flash)

makeuptutorial067.jpg

(no flash)

makeuptutorial082.jpg

Guest sugar_puff <3

^ wow so pretty i don't think i can ever pull off the pinkish/reddish color for everyday wear -_-

omg that girl in the tutorial.. lher results looked totally different from how she really looks like -_- that's awesome.. but scary lol

k i gotta go thru this thread from the beginning cuz I bought some new make up gotta start learning how to use make up..

how come u girl's with circle lenses look so natural with them on? When I wear it.. i looke like an alien.. it like covers most of my eye.. like most of the white on my eye so it looks scary >.< not fairrrr

Guest blisskiss

^ you're gorgeous!

I love your features, you really remind me of hyepark (:

btw, where did you buy the contacts from?

I got them from ari. :) thanks! hye park has really nice bone structure.

^ wow so pretty i don't think i can ever pull off the pinkish/reddish color for everyday wear -_-

how come u girl's with circle lenses look so natural with them on? When I wear it.. i looke like an alien.. it like covers most of my eye.. like most of the white on my eye so it looks scary >.< not fairrrr

whaaat! I think my eyes look pretty alien-like with them on. In real life, there's a huge difference because my regular eyes are small. I mean, when they are on I think it looks doll-like (in real life too) so it takes getting used to. do you have a pic with you wearing it?

also, yeah. I don't wear makeup like this for everyday, but it was surprisingly neutral when my hair was down. I have another tutorial for green makeup that is more everyday. Maybe should I make my own thread with both?

WOW! Blisskiss, you have such beautiful eyes and clear skin! Nice tutorial!!

lol, but you can see some zits and old acne spots in the pics too. but thank you! It was a fun way to deflect boredom since all my roommates were gone!

Archived