SINGLE EYELIDS

Guest banana milk =)

Guest i ♡ jamkooruhgi`

I'm so glad there's a thread like this. I had to teach myself how to put on eye makeup because i only had single lids and there aren't many asians in my area. I am 21 now, so I have some experience experimenting with a few different products over the years...

I don't have step-by-step pictures but I have some end-result pics.

this is without makeup.

30d254aa.jpg

d72c4e2f.jpg

this is with green eye makeup.

e074ee61.jpg

this is with my typical bronze-tan eye makeup.

DSC05199small.jpg

purple7.jpg

2-2-06042clean.jpg

basically, this is my process. i prep my face with a skin tone-matching concealer. i use lancome's photogenic in camee and just spot-conceal. i don't use any powder or foundation because i hate the heavy look and feel. most young women don't need it like they think they do. I use a blush and/or bronzer to go over my cheeks, then i dust the brush over my forehead, nose and chin. face should be prepped for the eye makeup now.

the first thing i do is the eyeliner. i use either wet or dry on my upper lids and i just line near the lash line. if wet, go inside-to-outside and DON'T make it too thick. even if you can't see it, others will when you blink. when using pencil, i like going from the outside corner in. make it heaviest from outside-in, or the same thickness through. for the bottom lids, i use a waterproof eyeliner from lancome in prune, a dark purple. this color is more natural than black since it isn't as dark. for small eyes, don't line your bottom lashes at all...it will make them look smaller. i go from outside in again (contrary to what most will tell you to do) and i only line it to about the midway point, tapering as i go in.

next, i apply shadow. i start with a pearly white shadow under the eyebrows to highlight the bone. this makes your whole face look glowy. next, i choose a middle color (bronze) and apply it to the outer half of the lid, from under the white shadow down to the lashes, blending it into the rest of the lid. i use a final darker shadow by my lash line and only glide it to about half-way from the outside edge-in, tapering the shadow as i go. you always need to blend everything along the way. if you want, you can "line" your bottom lids from the edges in the middle or dark shadow, but i recommend this more if you are going out.

finally, curl lashes and apply the mascara. do this step last because the powder and shadow can help your mascara not to run and your lashes get extra thickness. lightly curl close to the tips of the lashes, then again harder at the bottom of the lashes. this makes the lash's curl look more natural. apply the mascara. i use max factor's 2000 calorie mascara because it thickens and won't make your curl fall straight like very wet mascaras do. i usually let this dry, then I curl them one more time.

trust me, i have short lashes and I don't wear a lot of makeup. I did a lot of trial-and-error to figure this out!I hope that helps!

~Jen

OHMAHHH I LOVE HOW YOU DID YOUR EYES :] SO PRETTY

you should become a model ..

and i love your eyes :] big and cute shape

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HxYoExMoExE

My eyes droop down -__-;;; they're really ugly and i tried putting makeup on them and i ended up getting a rash and a really red eye TT_TT.

I only pu ton eyeliner now

Guest niconeko

I have fat single eyelids, as well! :lol: But, I've always liked how unique they looked. You can't really tell in my avatar, but wearing eyeliner and shadow does make that sultry effect much greater on single lids. Use them to your advantage, ladies!

Btw, I loved the makeup pics you ladies posted up. Beautiful!

Guest banana milk =)

wearing eyeliner and shadow does make that sultry effect much greater on single lids. Use them to your advantage, ladies!

Maybe it's because I suck at makeup besides minimal eyeliner/eyeshadow, whenever I try to put on make up to get a sultry effect it just looks like someone punched me in the eye :mellow: and I got bruises in different colors.. depending on the eyeshadow... :ph34r: Hahaha

Guest xCookies

I have single lids too <_< So annoying sometimes, but eye liners does help make a wider looking eye :P

Guest deportedkorean

Maybe it's because I suck at makeup besides minimal eyeliner/eyeshadow, whenever I try to put on make up to get a sultry effect it just looks like someone punched me in the eye :mellow: and I got bruises in different colors.. depending on the eyeshadow... :ph34r: Hahaha

yes...single lids are INFAMOUS for the sultry black eye effect LOL.

I'm not really sure about the sultry effect or anything, but I think it's possible for single eyelids to wear heavy make-up without getting the black eye effect. I'm not the greatest in applying make-up, but I love eyeshadows and just to give an example:

880680.jpg

just a note though, I never normally wear that much make-up....but I always follow the same principle of applying very light eyeshadow just up to the global line of the eye, and darker around and at the outer corner of the eye...not sure if that helped much though...

Guest Kim Tae Hyun

Wow....your eyes are so pretty!! You made your eyes really POP after makeup. (o.o)

Um...could you plz tell me what brand gots your gold eyeliner? it looks so gorgeous!~

Reply soon!~ thanks =]

-White

i used the gold eyeliner from MAC :D whoo hoo for mac...

Guest ginger

I'm not really sure about the sultry effect or anything, but I think it's possible for single eyelids to wear heavy make-up without getting the black eye effect. I'm not the greatest in applying make-up, but I love eyeshadows and just to give an example:

880680.jpg

just a note though, I never normally wear that much make-up....but I always follow the same principle of applying very light eyeshadow just up to the global line of the eye, and darker around and at the outer corner of the eye...not sure if that helped much though...

I agree with you on the way a lot of single lids wear heavy makeup well. I do fashion photoshoots for a photographer friend, and his makeup artist always tells me she loves my eyes because they can hold heavy makeup well. She said they're the perfect canvas! :D

-ginger

Guest Kim Tae Hyun

so i randomly found a purple eyeliner in my room :D

4932451652174.jpg

can u tell ?? its on the bottom lid

i went soft this time LOL less mascara as u can tell it doesnt look as clumped up like last time :D

Guest luvelyasian

blisskiss - love your eye makeup! green is my favorite color for eyeshadow plus you have gorgeous skin ^^

btw wut megapixel is your digi cam? very good quality (shopping for digicam right now hehe)

Guest blisskiss

OHMAHHH I LOVE HOW YOU DID YOUR EYES :] SO PRETTY

you should become a model ..

and i love your eyes :] big and cute shape

haha... i can't model, i'm only 4'11"! but thank you!

my mom actually offered to have me get the double eyelid surgery when we went to korea, but i declined. i like how single lids look much more... ethnic and exotic. i was also afraid my eyes would be huge if i got it. i've tried the glue, but i like my eyes better without.

blisskiss - love your eye makeup! green is my favorite color for eyeshadow plus you have gorgeous skin ^^

btw wut megapixel is your digi cam? very good quality (shopping for digicam right now hehe)

mine is 5 mp, but i don't ever use that setting. i usually keep it at the 1.3-3mp setting. there's really no need for higher res unless you are printing it. and thanks. :)

Can anyone tell me what eyes I've got?

eyes.jpg

The second pics I think I blinked XD; but we can actually see there's a crease there >.>; I always thought I had single eyelid, but there's this crease inside my eyes or something

Blisskiss- I LOVE YOUR BRONZE TAN MAKEUP! However, I'm a disaster in life, I couldn't do the same effect as you did >.>; Don't know how and where to put the tan color =X

Guest MOONA

Can anyone tell me what eyes I've got?

eyes.jpg

The second pics I think I blinked XD; but we can actually see there's a crease there >.>; I always thought I had single eyelid, but there's this crease inside my eyes or something

Blisskiss- I LOVE YOUR BRONZE TAN MAKEUP! However, I'm a disaster in life, I couldn't do the same effect as you did >.>; Don't know how and where to put the tan color =X

u have sok sang gah pool.

Archived