Tekkon Kinkreet

Guest tofu plushie

Guest tofu plushie

mindblowing anime

tekkon.jpg

Plot:

The story takes place in the fictional city of Takaramachi (Treasure Town) and centers on a pair of orphaned street kids – the tough, canny Kuro (Black) and the childish, innocent Shiro (White), together known as the Cats – as they deal with yakuza attempting to take over Treasure Town.
Volumes: 3 (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=4115Published by: Viz Anime Episodes: 1 filmtekkonkinkreet.jpg
http:
tekkonkinkreet1.jpg
9239.jpg
FILM

Title: Tekkon Kinkreet (鉄コン筋クリート)

Released: 2006

Directed by: Michael Arias

Animated by: Studio 4°C

Rated: R (U.S.)

Summary: Tekkon Kinkreet (鉄コン筋クリート, Tekkon Kinkurīto, a pun on "Tekkin Concrete", the Japanese term for reinforced concrete) (also known as Tekkonkinkreet in English release) is a 2006 feature-length Japanese anime film, directed by Michael Arias and animated by Studio 4°C, adapted from Black and White, a three-volume seinen manga series by Taiyō Matsumoto, which was originally serialized between 1993 and 1994 in Shogakukan's Big Comic Spirits. It was first released in Japan on December 23, 2006. The story takes place in the fictional Takara Machi (宝町 Treasure Town) and centers on a pair of orphaned street kids: the tough, canny Kuro (クロ Black) and the childish, snot-nosed Shiro (シロ White), together known as the Neko (猫 Cats), as they deal with Yakuza attempting to take over Takara Machi. (credit: here)

BOOKS

TEKKONKINKREET: Black & White by Taiyo Matsumoto
Manga the anime is based on.

鉄コン筋クリート ART BOOK シロside 建築現場編 (大型本)
Tekkon Kinkreet Artbook: White

鉄コン筋クリート ART BOOK クロside 基礎工事編 (大型本)
Tekkon Kinkreet Artbook: Black

Both of these have concept artwork for the movie.

Links:

Trailer
Buy it!
Buy it in Blu-Ray!

Have anyone seen this amazing movie? It wasn't really advertised in the U.S. but, I saw a preview for it when I watched Paprika. Anyway, it's really amazing movie it in terms of story and the artwork is absolutely sumptuous I couldn't believe my eyes I first time I watched it. I highly recommend it if you haven't!

Guest tofu plushie

Wowow, the art is certainly eye catching. Imma check back later. :3

Cool, comment back on your thoughts of the movie when you see it ;)

it's one of those hate-it-or-love-it movies...

i'm on the OMG THIS IS A MASTERPIECE side.

:)

Yeah, some people may hate the the style the characters are drawn but, even then background and environment of the movie is pure eye candy. I actually really like the style personally of the way the characters are drawn, I think it's pretty unique and distinctive. I am glad you like it too^^

• 3 months later...

Archived