OFFICIAL FILIPINO BEAUTIES/CELEBS!!!!!

Guest bubbles20

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CHARO RONQUILLO

(born 1988) is a Filipino model. Dubbed the Asian Kate Moss.[1] She is the first in the entire 25 year history of the Ford Supermodel of the World Search selected from the far east. She was described by Bill Ford as, "that unique look from the Philippines".

Since her win, Ronquillo graced the catwalks of New York Fashion Week modeling for top labels and designers including Lacoste, Lela Rose, Nanette Lapore, Zero Maria Cornejo, Tory Burch, Antonio Berardi, Kenneth Cole, Mac Cosmetics Barbie Collection, Zaldy by Gwen Stefani, BCBG, Sisley and Benetton. She was one of Chloe Dao's models on the finale of Project Runway season 2. She also appeared on numerous fashion and beauty editorials for Spanish Vogue, Teen Vogue, Marie Claire Paris and US, Glamour, Old Navy and Sak's Fifth Avenue among others.[2]

28k2crc.jpg

2lik4gl.jpg

2mjviw.jpg

ISABEL PREYSLER

(born Maria Isabel Arrástia Preysler on February 18, 1951 in Manila, Philippines) is a Filipina journalist, model and former TV talk show host in Madrid, Spain. She is known in the Spanish press as "La Reina de Corazones" (the Queen of Hearts) ever since a best-selling biography by the same name was published about her. She is the mother of international pop superstars Enrique Iglesias, Julio José Iglesias, Chabeli Iglesias, Tamara Falcó and Ana Boyer.

1zb9b0z.jpg

iokzuo.jpg

11w6els.jpg

sy4h09.jpg

Monique Lhuillier

(born 1971 in Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines) is a Filipino fashion designer based in the United States.

Monique LhuillierLhuillier's family is one of the more prominent names in Philippine high society. The family owns a chain of pawnshops currently operating in more than a hundred cities in the nation.

21f06qd.jpg

2zp8c2x.jpg

Guest marasshi

I'm Filipino and I live in the Philippines. True, Filipinos are much more closely related to the Pacific Islanders (plus other Southeast Asians) than the Chinese, Japanese or Koreans, but we are part of Southeast Asia so any Filipino who says he's a Pacific Islander has obviously not studied his geography. The Philippines is part of Southeast Asia - and just as the Lebanese and the Arabs who live in Western Asia are 'Asians' - so are we. (My former Asian History professor blamed the bundling up of so many varied cultures into one group - Asia - just because we all lived on the same landmass for this problem.)

Also, you'd be hard-pressed to find a 'pure' Filipino just because so many people from other countries have come here and mixed in with the natives.

Filipinos are largely descended from Austronesian-speaking migrants who came in successive waves from the island of Taiwan, ultimately hailing from the Fujian coast of China. They are most closely related to the Ami tribe which are one of the Austronesian aborigines of Taiwan, with whom they share similar physical appearance, prehistoric culture, and certain linguistic patterns, such as grammar and vocabulary. According to the Stanford University study mentioned below, Filipino and Ami genetic composition are exactly similar, except for a tiny fraction.

More recent genetic admixtures come from migrants from China, Spain, United States, United Kingdom, Australia, India, Arabian Peninsula, Japan, and South Korea, which collectively form around 10~25% of the current Filipino population.

Source: Wikipedia

(BTW, I don't understand how come most Filipinos want to be white when people on the other side of the world want to be tan. LOL)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eternity*kiss

BTW, I don't understand how come most Filipinos want to be white when people on the other side of the world want to be tan. LOL

Because "the grass is always greener at the other side of the fence"

or

if you like disney it's "the seaweed is always greener in somebody else's lake" (c/o Disney's Little Mermaid)

;)

Here's Melissa Reyes, a PURE Filipina celebrity:

=O WHO'S THAT?!

never heard of her before but wow she's so pretty!!

*goes off to google* :ph34r:

i'm not a kapamilya fan but i think kim chiu looks so cute.

%7Boption%7Dhttp://photos-011.friendster.com/e1/photos/11/03/43923011/1_277845538l.jpg

%7Boption%7Dhttp://photos-011.friendster.com/e1/photos/11/03/43923011/1_657046226l.jpg

%7Boption%7Dhttp://photos-119.friendster.com/e1/photos/91/11/54501119/1_968907307l.jpg

Kim Chiu is an uber cutie but these aren't very flattering photos of her...

Guest LionAngel

hmm Kim Chiu is cute but I don't find her that attractive..

but still a cutie! here are some pics of her that i like..

90a14f4f.gif

DSC01285.jpg

some randome filipina beauties...

Rhian Ramos

1b65c79fe.jpg

Pauleen Luna

pauleen.jpg

Nicole Hernandez

NICOLE20HERNANDEZ.jpg

Anne Curtis

Anne-Curtis.jpg

Bea Alonzo

Bea_Alonzo_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest charmaine412

evryone here seems like half-half.. i hope some people suggest more full-bloodied filipina beauties here.. :(

I was also sad we I saw pics of not really a pure blood Filipino.

anyway, I thought Sarah Geronimo is one of a kind a beauty!

CosmopolitanmagNov2008issue.jpg

Just also want to say that Marian Rivera is not pure Filipno, she's half. :vicx:

Guest moja_moja

this guy.... (i think) is he a filipino???

...he has some conections to some uhljjangs (specificaly MIKKI ...love her!))... is he a filipino uhljjang?

anyone know him??? he have a FS and he is speaking tagalog soooo i think he's filipino....

cac.jpg

Copyofjump.jpg

yeh.jpg

emo.jpg

we.jpg

ge.jpg

PS:

this guy is not me...

(im just curious)

AND i do not know him....

this guy.... (i think) is he a filipino???

...he has some conections to some uhljjangs (specificaly MIKKI ...love her!))... is he a filipino uhljjang?

anyone know him??? he have a FS and he is speaking tagalog soooo i think he's filipino....

PS:

this guy is not me...

(im just curious)

AND i do not know him....

hrmm.. could be a korean living in the philippines.. haha he does have a cyworld...

dunno ^^'

Guest heartofarose

I'm Filipino and I live in the Philippines. True, Filipinos are much more closely related to the Pacific Islanders (plus other Southeast Asians) than the Chinese, Japanese or Koreans, but we are part of Southeast Asia so any Filipino who says he's a Pacific Islander has obviously not studied his geography. The Philippines is part of Southeast Asia - and just as the Lebanese and the Arabs who live in Western Asia are 'Asians' - so are we. (My former Asian History professor blamed the bundling up of so many varied cultures into one group - Asia - just because we all lived on the same landmass for this problem.)

Also, you'd be hard-pressed to find a 'pure' Filipino just because so many people from other countries have come here and mixed in with the natives.

Source: Wikipedia

(BTW, I don't understand how come most Filipinos want to be white when people on the other side of the world want to be tan. LOL)

^ daaayum that's a lot of countries xD

Archived