OFFICIAL FILIPINO BEAUTIES/CELEBS!!!!!

Guest bubbles20

Guest superfreakk

Woah, never saw this thread before. I love it. I haven't been keeping up with Filipino entertainment, uh, ever so hah, omg, the guys look so different to me. XD;; It's a nice change from the girly Japanese guys I usually flail over.

ps. i so don't get the whole "omg, wai r all the celebs halfies" thing. to be honest, i really don't care if they're "half" or not, as long as they're filipino. -_-

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

talking bout considering filipinos as asians, my ex was filipino mix w/chinese blood and he never said he was asian. he always said he was pacific islander. i don't know, he looks asian to me... oh well. i didn't care weather or not if he was, just as long as he was something ^_^.

yeah, there are filipinos who don't find them asians even though they look asian. weird but true. may be because they just don't want to be thought of as asian. i don't think that's bad cuz my cousins don't think they are asian as well. haha.

Seriously, I feel the same way with the girl and most Filipino celebs that look asian feel the same way. Must be funny to you because you don't find Filipinos asian what so ever!

Excuse you? When and where did I ever say that Filipinos don't look Asian?

Yeah, do me a favor and pull your head out of your richard simmons.

That chick's comment was funny to me because here she is, so PROUD of her Filipino heritage and yet completely neglectful of her CHINESE background. How is that not stupid and nonsensical?

You obviously are insecure about being Filipino to react the way you did.

This whole "pride" thing really just sounds like a front to me.

Excuse you? When and where did I ever say that Filipinos don't look Asian?

Yeah, do me a favor and pull your head out of your richard simmons.

That chick's comment was funny to me because here she is, so PROUD of her Filipino heritage and yet completely neglectful of her CHINESE background. How is that not stupid and nonsensical?

You obviously are insecure about being Filipino to react the way you did.

This whole "pride" thing really just sounds like a front to me.

What makes you think I was even giving an attitude to you? Just because I typed an exclamation point? Really, I think you have the issue with my reply and not me with you or me being what I am.

Maybe next time I shouldn't type exclamation points or else it'll lead to me having the attitude problem.

What makes you think I was even giving an attitude to you? Just because I typed an exclamation point? Really, I think you have the issue with my reply and not me with you or me being what I am.

Uh, your reply made it pretty clear of what you assumed of me.

Which was unnecessary and unwarranted.

And yeah, I do have an issue with your reply - that's why I addressed it lol.

DUH.

Guest sheisadreamer

^^^haha yea i was so shocked when i found out she was part filipina!! hehe i love her.

ok anywho guys lets get this straight lol!!! :]

the philippines is located in asia (south east asia to be more concise), so yes, technically we are asian!! so it would make no sense at all for us to say we are not asian technically speaking. but it is normal to refer a filipino as a filipino rather than your stereotypical asian. & no we are not pacific islanders (that would then mean japan, taiwan and all those other island countries located in the pacific ocean are pacific islanders)....

correct me if im wrong.

im getting so off topic haha! ok so heres a few pics of anne curtis!! no doubt shes a proud pinay living in the philippines but im sure she would not hide the fact that she is also australian.

normalannecurtis2sc3.jpg

annecurtis2by1.jpg

normalanne9fr7.jpg

Guest SeLcaQueen

KELLY MISA

keLLy misa's one of my fave modeLs. i Loved her pond's comm'L, the one where she spoke spanish...

btw, was it pond's?? cannot reaLLy remember...

Guest dellcomputer

i understand that many people dont find filipinos as asian even though we are. haha but dont get so mad. i guess kissez* is just saying how it funny to say you arnt chinese even though, you have chinese blood. of course its good to be a proud filipino! but that does not mean you can just forget about your other backgrounds :3 i guess.. haha idk. well im a very proud pinay!! but i dont forget or disregard the fact that i am also chinese, japanese & spanish. ugghh i dunno if i made sense hahah. dont get mad :X!

I have never heard of filipinos not been called asian. Filipinos are ASIAN. They are south east asian. Why do people not call them asian? i have never heard of this, I think it must be a Internet thing...because when you go into the REAL world everyone calls Filipinos asian...

Guest sheisadreamer

I have never heard of filipinos not been called asian. Filipinos are ASIAN. They are south east asian. Why do people not call them asian? i have never heard of this, I think it must be a Internet thing...because when you go into the REAL world everyone calls Filipinos asian...

i wrote this earlier...

ok anywho guys lets get this straight lol!!! :]

the philippines is located in asia (south east asia to be more concise), so yes, technically we are asian!! so it would make no sense at all for us to say we are not asian technically speaking. but it is normal to refer a filipino as a filipino rather than your stereotypical asian. & no we are not pacific islanders (that would then mean japan, taiwan and all those other island countries located in the pacific ocean are pacific islanders)....

Some Filipinos don't consider themselves Asian. And I know of Asians and Non-Asians who don't consider Filipinos as Asian. Personally, I don't care either way.

Not sure if this girl is full Filipino but she sure is gorgeous :

S7308551.jpg

l_abae4a8f0d756fd871ff56eb9f4fd858.jpg

l_6bcdfb6899439bca0c1562d9f15cd21a.jpg

Don't know if she's a model but if she isn't - she should be.

What a beautiful smile.

• 1 month later...
Guest nicolexr

Woah, this thread hasn't been updated in forever. o_o

dinkey-monkey, Spanish was actually the first official language of the Philippines, way back then. There used to be over 6 million people who spoke Spanish in 1940, but then it lessened to about 2,500 in 1990, I think. (lol I'm surprised I remember o_o) I'm sure there are still some people here that speak Spanish, but only a few. A lot of Filipino words sort of came from Spanish words, but the meanings aren't exactly alike... Anyway, most Filipinos know a lot of Spanish terms, but not many can actually converse.

We learn Spanish in my school. ^^ I'm not... that fluent though. :| But I'm trying! I'll study hard. ^^

the-white-lily, lol yeah that's true. Many Filipinos have Spanish last names. My last name! Is Luna, which means moon in Spanish, and I don't even think I have Spanish blood whatsoever (well not that I know of). I have a friend whose last name is Peña and it means rock. :D lmao. xD And yeah, a lot of surnames of Filipinos sound so Spanish and Portuguese. Mendoza, Salazar, Torres, Castillo, Santiago, Concepcion, Sanchez, Gonzalez, Ramirez... Yeaah. Haha. You know what's funny, I just noticed now how much these surnames sound so Spanish. Only now, lol. I guess we're just used to it and don't really think about it? Or maybe it's just me. xD

And I think can we should just drop the whole topic about Filipinos not thinking that they're Asians, or other people not thinking they're Asians. Alright, if they think that way, then they're wrong, good for them. The Philippines is in Asia. It is a South East Asian country. Therefore, Filipinos/Filipinas are Asian. No matter what anyone says, the Philippines is in Asia, and Filipinos will always be Asians. I don't get why people get confused with that. @__@

Okay picspam! ^^

KC CONCEPCION

kcyu7.jpg

16168439625cacebdee5ui9.jpg

kc6yx9.jpg

kc7ce7.jpg

IYA VILLANIA

asapsolo03300803mz2.jpg

iyanikki03300803ji4.jpg

dancemix01yk2.jpg

eventsolo08mb5.jpg

fashion02rf3.jpg

iyaanne04wr3.jpg

iyaanne01130801jt8.jpg

iyaderek06co5.jpg

iyanikki15ra2.jpg

iyanikki01130801si6.jpg

iyanikki02100802fh1.jpg

solo03090805eo1.jpg

uaap03kt7.jpg

woot animo la salle! yeah haha

• 2 months later...
Guest lea11

i saw this filipino remake of the korean drama 'my girl', and i think this girl was in it - but she looked chinese.... does anybody know who she was????

Guest miimisunshine

i saw this filipino remake of the korean drama 'my girl', and i think this girl was in it - but she looked chinese.... does anybody know who she was????

kim chiu- she is chinese/filipino ...she has a thread in this section i think

Guest system_chaos

Filipinos have Spanish names because SPANISH FRIARS were the ones to give us these. It was part of the colonization process guys. When our ancestors were BAPTIZED, they had to have Spanish names. Even up to the like, 1970's the Church had a say in the names of the Filipinos. My aunt's name was supposed to be Ligaya (Joy/Happiness) but the priest said that it didn't fit and that it wasn't... idk, saintly? holy? modest? enough and they gave her a... more Christian name.

And the Asian-Pacific Islander debate... it all boils down to WHERE people believe we were actually located when Pangaea was still one big super continent. When you look up Filipino in wikipedia, it discusses this argument. Native Filipinos don't really have the debate as much as Filipinos born overseas do... I guess. :x

lea11, the girl in My Girl is Kim Chiu (sp?) yeah, winner of Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition last year... I think. A Cebuana Chinese-Filipina. She speaks, three 4 languages, I guess. :D English, Filipino, Bisaya, and Mandarin.

Archived