Sm Entertainment - Global Auditions [2008]

Riri

I got an email like a month ago saying that they have received my application but I haven't got an email yet saying where the audition is being held at. I applied for the one in New York and I'm guessing that I haven't got an email yet is because the location hasn't been announced yet for the New York audition. Anyone apply for the one in New York? Also where was the New York auditions held last year?

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kurai_mashin

hiiii. i have a question about the auditions.

my two friends r auditioning in the one at LA soon. i wanna go to the audition with them to watch and support them. do they allow one or two friends there? i mean like, does everyone there HAVE to audition or will they just tell ppl who dong audition to leave while others r auditioning or something?

it would be great if someone can answer this ^^ thank you!

According to the Audition Information posted up by SMTown, under "Information to be included in email", there's this part that says "Experience". What does this mean?

any type of experience you had. like... if you took dancing lessons, sang in a choir, etc

YES! It's in NY on a SATURDAY!! WHOO!!!

i actually don't know if i can go this year ToT since all the friends that i usually go with already graduated =[ but i'll try!! >.<

can someone like...organize a soompi meet in NY or something? xD

? i thought it was sunday..

I got an email like a month ago saying that they have received my application but I haven't got an email yet saying where the audition is being held at. I applied for the one in New York and I'm guessing that I haven't got an email yet is because the location hasn't been announced yet for the New York audition. Anyone apply for the one in New York? Also where was the New York auditions held last year?

they new york site hasn't been confirmed yet. thats probably why they aren't sending it...

Guest miss lakwon

I have one quick question.

I recall some Soompiers mentioning that some auditionees were called back for a second audition @ a private location.

You updated on the first page that the second audition will be in Manhatten, NY? As in performing at the festival?

What is the difference between the two?

I heard that those who were picked to perform at the festival were just merely picked because the organizers of the festival needed some people.

In addition, those who got a second audition @ the private location were THE ones who actually passed.

Any info regarding this would great.

Thank you!

+) Will SM judges actually call back for a private audition again? Or is it just the festival this time?

I have one quick question.

I recall some Soompiers mentioning that some auditionees were called back for a second audition @ a private location.

You updated on the first page that the second audition will be in Manhatten, NY? As in performing at the festival?

What is the difference between the two?

I heard that those who were picked to perform at the festival were just merely picked because the organizers of the festival needed some people.

In addition, those who got a second audition @ the private location were THE ones who actually passed.

Any info regarding this would great.

Thank you!

+) Will SM judges actually call back for a private audition again? Or is it just the festival this time?

I don't see anything on the first page that says the second audition is in New York.

Guest a_dreamer143

I don't see anything on the first page that says the second audition is in New York.

maybe she was talking bout the jyp ny auditions o_O

yay i just go the listing for new york its:

Flushing Center, NY

135-20 39th AVE. Flushing, N.Y. 11354

Does anyone know where the New York audition is going to be or is it still to be announced?

i got it now on my email:

Flushing Center, NY

135-20 39th AVE. Flushing, N.Y. 11354

Guest KDPMeluv

HELLO

urgent question.

so, I'm trying out for SM NEXT WEEK (AHHHH!!~~)

doesn anyone know whether it's better to sing an ENGLISH song, or a KOREAN song...

i can speak both fluently, so have no trouble w/ pronounciation. It's just that, I've been hearing from somewhere that the judges prefer English songs.....

HELLO

urgent question.

so, I'm trying out for SM NEXT WEEK (AHHHH!!~~)

doesn anyone know whether it's better to sing an ENGLISH song, or a KOREAN song...

i can speak both fluently, so have no trouble w/ pronounciation. It's just that, I've been hearing from somewhere that the judges prefer English songs.....

it doesn't matter wether you sign english or korean. just make sure your voice suits the song and,, yeah

Guest daysconfession

hello!!

Does anyone know if u can go to the auditions without auditioning? i just wanna go so i can support my friends who are.

yes of course you can go with your friends and support them :) so go support them with all your might! ^^

currently they are only accepting demo tapes but is opening up a new system. They will have open auditions but it has not been said yet.

Are you talking about JYP? SM is having open auditions right now.

im auditioning with my friend; were planning to sing a song together, can we do that ?

You technically can, but they don't really like it.

My two friends sang together last year, but at different parts of the song; they want to hear you singing by yourself rather than singing together at the same time.

Archived