Dating people who smoke/do drugs

Guest FusionGT2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

turn off. well, my dad doesn't smoke, so a guy smoking if esp. he's my friend or s/o, it'd would a total turnoff.

i just hate it when some guys think it's cool to smoke. well, certainly not, imo. :s

i don't mind if you have to smoke but respect your non-smoker friends. i would appreciate it if they walk off somewhere instead doing it infront of you.

Guest sweetREDEMPTION.

I use to say the things that the majority of the girls here said.

"It's a turn off. It's nasty. It's stupid. Blah blah blah."

But I think once you really really like someone, you start to look past things.

The guy that I talk to smokes. I let him. It's his life. I'd like for him to quit.

However, that's a choice that he's gonna have to make for himself. I'm not gonna force him.

You can't force anyone to do anything. They have to want to change for themselves.

it's ok, once in a while when he's stressed or feels like it, but if he's addictive to it than NOPE! although being a non-smoker is better for him, but like sweetredemption says it's his life. plus, i sort of find a sexienss to guys that smoke, well some...

Guest HeartOfRose

I use to say the things that the majority of the girls here said.

"It's a turn off. It's nasty. It's stupid. Blah blah blah."

But I think once you really really like someone, you start to look past things.

The guy that I talk to smokes. I let him. It's his life. I'd like for him to quit.

However, that's a choice that he's gonna have to make for himself. I'm not gonna force him.

You can't force anyone to do anything. They have to want to change for themselves.

You can turn what you said around, as well.

If he really really liked you, he would quickly try to stop smoking for you..

Guest sweetREDEMPTION.

You can turn what you said around, as well.

If he really really liked you, he would quickly try to stop smoking for you..

But if you really really like him, then why would you want to change him?

Like I said... let him realize things & want to change for himself. Not change for you.

Guest pyrochild
I disagree with the weed. All toxins you put into your body is bad. I just think pothead sounds worse than smoker.
i think you're confused. there are no toxins in weed. i mean, it's just well, weed. unless you smoke american spirits or roll your own, cigs are the ones with toxins.

Guest marasshi

But if you really really like him, then why would you want to change him?

Like I said... let him realize things & want to change for himself. Not change for you.

My dad quit smoking for my mom. She has asthma so he couldn't smoke with her around (so he really had to change for her, not himself).

It depends on the person, I guess, if he really wanted to quit.

I wouldn't mind if the guy I liked smoked, just as long as he never did it with me.

I'll probably choke to death. :x

Guest eccentric

If you know they do it before you get into the relationship then you shouldn't complain about it since you signed up for it.

I personally do not like it. I dislike the smell and it's not a comforting feeling to be with a guy who would smell like smoke instead of yummy cologne lol. plus, smoking kills.

Guest anna12125

Second-hand smoking/ breathing in smoke from another smoker is more harmful than for the actual smoker. Smoking is addictive, pretty hard to quit not that i know since i've never smoked. If i had a boyfriend who smoked, i would'nt expect him to take care of me in the future if he can't take care of himself first.

Guest loveartiste

second hand smoke killsssss

its such a big turn off

i never let my ex-bf come near me

while/after smoking. yuckkkk

Guest blow_me

i hate smokers.

even though my best guy friend is a smoker, i just hate smokers.

i dont think i would ever date a smoker

Guest Jasmine<3

i don't really mind.. but i think my opinion will change when i start to .like/care/love the person. the smell of cigarettes is gross though...

although, i admit, some people look so cool smoking. yes, that sounded so superficial cause oooh their health is at risk!!

but meh. we live in a superficial world.

Guest Osakagrl

dont like it at all! I wont date a smoker. Thats why i was so pissed when i found out my bf started smoking again behind my back. but he promised that he would quit, otherwise I wouldnt be with him. I cant stand to sit there and watch someone I love kill them selves

Guest Classic Example

Who wants to lick an ashtray? -_- It doesn't matter how much the guy smokes, I'd prefer he doesn't smoke at all.

Archived