Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Guest freya1507

hi katrina

thanks for reposting your collage

aish this miming thing ... i can remember in one interview or clips someone spoke about bi ...and said one time he had a really bad cold and asked him to lipsync the performance at this night ..and even so he did not feel well he sing real B) live ...

hopefully the tv-chanel has to appologize like the new york times did

reporter should do there home work B)

Guest QtyAngel29

TV Station Accusation of Rain Evokes Protests from Fans

24 March 06

krent.xicn.net

Credit: Blueberry@biwithrain

Ch to Eng: Rayndrop

Morning programme of Korea TV station KBS reported a segment on singers miming during performances two days ago, and surprisingly displayed Rain's picture during the segment. Angry fans felt that the report was misleading and raised a protest by calling the TV station non-stop, causing a major jam in the station's call in switchboard system. The station was eventually forced to make a public apology.

Two days ago, the report on KBS's morning show flashed Rain and Hyori Lee's pictures while talking about singers who like to mime, insignuating that these singers don't sing live.

The show's viewership consist hugely of housewives, and many did not like their idol, Rain, to be insulted in this way. They started calling the station non-stop, until the host in charge had to make an open apology, "Very sorry, we did not mean to create this misunderstanding".

Rain is not only well-loved in Korea, he is also enjoying high popularity over-seas. The total toursim dollars Rain brought in with his 22 performances during his concert tour is estimated to be as high as a hundred billion won. As his contract with his overseas music company "DR Music" is coming to an end, many companies are in the midst of discussing the contract with JYPE, hoping to clinch the deal.

At the moment, JYPE has set a target of about 40 concerts with distribution rights at a cost of about a hundred and fifty billion wons. "Regardless of the high fees, each concert can still bring in a profit of 300 million won." however, JYPE expresses that money is not the concern here. The main issue is to do a good show.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

#1 2006.03.24 電視台指Rain對嘴引起抗議

喜滿你韓娛圈

喜滿你訊  Rain被電視台誣指對嘴,引起粉絲激烈抗議。

韓國KBS電視台節目《早晨新聞時間》前天報導歌手對嘴新聞,意外播出Rain的畫面,被歌迷認為電視台蓄意誤導,因此發動「奪命連環叩」攻勢,癱瘓電視台總機,逼該台出面道歉。

前天韓國電視台KBS的節目《早晨新聞時間》中,一邊報導韓國歌手對嘴時有所聞的新聞,一邊播出李孝利、Rain等人畫面,暗指他們有對嘴嫌疑。

因《早》節目主要觀眾為家庭主婦,不少喜愛Rain的主婦不甘偶像被辱,狂打電話向電視台抗議,節目主持人李永浩只好出面緩頰:“很抱歉我們不是故意讓你們誤會的。”

Rain不只在韓國受歡迎,海外人氣也是一級棒。他去年至今光國外巡演22場賺得的權利金,已高達一百億韓元。由於Rain已與負責處理他國外演唱會的《DR音樂》公司約滿,目前有十多家公司爭爭相與他的經紀公司洽談,希望取得代理權。

目前有公司提案四十場演唱會、權利金一百五十億韓元:“盡管費用很高,但每場仍可賺進三億韓元。”不過,Rain的經紀公司說:“錢多少不是問題,把演唱會做好才是重點。”

thx for postin very intersting i would of done the exact samething too if i were one of them....dont ever insult rain like that becuz i know he doesnt do that

[060300] Tour to Korea CF (Japan & China Versions)

format: wmv

size: 2.79 MB

Download Links:

China Version:

YSI: http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0AY1EBDKCJ0MK0BEJARNTVAVCT

Clubbox: http://down.clubbox.co.kr/bummie/04k47

Japan Version:

YSI: http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=20VZJQ9D1UVD50ONSUPKCWHM8R

Clubbox: http://down.clubbox.co.kr/bummie/94k47

Korean Drama Craze Reaches United States

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060324/ap_en_...v_korean_dramas

Photo: http://news.yahoo.com/photo/060322/482/ny3...HYzBHNlYwN0bXA-

By JAYMES SONG, Associated Press Writer

Fri Mar 24, 10:32 AM ET

HONOLULU - It's become a daily ritual for Gayle Stephens. She often laughs and cries while getting her daily fix. She's even tried to get her family hooked.

Stephens loves Korean dramas.

She is among a growing number of Americans with no connection to Korean culture who say the shows are a more compelling and wholesome alternative to the usual daytime programming on American TV. And retail giants are also starting to tune in.

"I like the fact that they're cleaner, they're not as smutty as the American dramas," said Stephens, a 32-year-old black woman who grew up in Durham, N.C.

"I didn't think I would enjoy watching, but I really got caught up in it. It's very engaging," she said.

TV dramas have become South Korea's hottest export since cell phones, female golfers and kimchi. The Korean craze, which also includes music and film, has swept through Japan, China, the Philippines, Singapore and most of Asia and is now making its way across the United States.

"It's just a small peninsula nestled between Japan and China, but they've just hit it right," said Tom Larsen, general manager of YA Entertainment LLC, a major North American distributor of Korean dramas. "They know how to put together a good drama that their neighbors in Asia are eating up."

Now, more Americans are saying hello to "hallyu," or the "Korean wave."

Larsen said the dramas are the driver behind the wave, but it is really "all things Korea."

"It stopped in Hawaii, built up some momentum and reached California shortly after and is continuing to spread across the states," he said. "The mainland is three, four, five years, behind Hawaii."

Korean soap operas used to be only offered in select Asian video stores, but now they are going mainstream with English subtitles.

In Hawaii, retailers such as Wal-Mart, Costco, Borders, Blockbuster and Tower Records are capitalizing on the craze and in the past few months began selling Korean drama box DVD sets for $60 to $120.

The DVDs are also sold in music and book stores in cities with large Asian communities such as Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago and New York, as well as online at Amazon.com.

Since opening in 2003, San Bruno, Calif.-based YA has seen revenue triple in each of the past two years behind strong sales of its top sellers: the tearful love story "Stairway to Heaven," and historic drama "Dae Jang Geum." YA plans to release 22 titles this year.

Fans say the Korean shows, centered around relationships and family, focus more on story lines than special effects and are a refreshing change from American programming they see as too violent and too racy.

Annette Marten, a 69-year-old nurse from Kailua, said Korean soaps depict love in a more romantic and artistic way, without steamy, bedroom scenes.

"I'm not prudish in any way, but it's so lovely how they express themselves," she said. "I get all excited if they get a hug. It has so much more meaning."

Many Korean dramas feature elements also found in American soap operas — love triangles, forbidden love, evil mothers-in-law and corrupt business partners. But a key difference is that Korean story lines end usually after 16 to 20 hour-long episodes, no matter how popular they become.

CBS' "Guiding Light," on the other hand, has been on the air since 1952.

"They go from one bed to the next and everybody ends up with someone else's husband and it never ends," said former daytime TV fan Yolanda Kala, 48, of Waianae. "It's like 20 years and they still have the same problems. At least with the Korean stuff, you start and you end."

KBFD-TV in Honolulu, the nation's first FCC-licensed station dedicated to Korean programming, had primarily Korean viewers when it first aired in 1986.

Today, less than 10 percent of viewers are Korean and ratings are higher than ever, said Jeff Chung, the station's general manager.

In just a few years, the station has helped Korean dramas become part of Hawaii's entertainment landscape.

Travel agents here are selling tours to Korea to visit filming locations. There are blogs and chat rooms. Hawaii's largest daily newspaper carries a weekly column. Korean restaurants, shops and language classes are now filled with curious non-Koreans.

There're even fan clubs devoted to the dramas.

Gerrie Nakamura and Nora Muramoto, who are of Japanese ancestry, are truly Korean drama queens.

They founded the Hawaii K-Drama Fan Club in 2002 with about 20 people, but the group has grown to 400 members, mostly middle-aged women of all races. Only about 5 percent of its members are of Korean heritage.

Muramoto, 59, said her love of the dramas has inspired her to take Korean cooking and language classes. Nakamura, a high school teacher, said she sometimes recommends the dramas to her students to learn about family values and respect for elders.

"We grew up with 'Leave it to Beaver' and 'The Waltons,' but today's kids don't have that," she said. "They see extreme whatever — reality TV and naked girls on MTV."

More than 200 members attended the latest club gathering and got a visit by journeyman actor Lee Jeong-gil, who often plays the role of a father or businessman.

"I was blown away by the welcome," Lee said. "I never expected anything like this."

There are other fan clubs devoted to specific Korean stars, such as Bae Yong-joon, the soft-smiling star of "Winter Sonata."

The 2002 love story turned Bae into a huge star in Asia, especially in Japan, where his scarf-wearing image is featured on everything from teddy bears to key chains. Hawaii's Bae fan club boasts more than 100 members and may expand into a national group.

"`Winter Sonata' is showing on the mainland and there's pockets of underground fandom all over the U.S.," said Michelle Smith, the club's president.

While obsessed with the star, Smith said she isn't the typical fan.

"Your typical Bae Yong-Joon fan is in her 40s, has a family and listens to K-pop," she said, a reference to Korean pop music. "I ride a Harley, play electric guitar and listen to Green Day, AC-DC and Ozzy."

Music, from ballads to instrumentals, plays a prominent role in Korean dramas. There's also a lot of crossover in acting and singing, such as pop stars Jung Ji-hoon and Eric Mun.

Jung, of the hit romantic-comedy series "Full House," is better known as the singer "Rain." He sold out New York's Madison Square Garden twice last month and in October performed in front of 40,000 fans at Beijing Workers Stadium.

Retiree 62-year-old Margie Okuhara said she feels like a teenager again when the Hawaii drama club meets to swoon over the stars.

"My kids call me a groupie," she said. "I say, `That's OK, when you get to be my age, you can do whatever you want.'"

Guest fatgrrl_slim

I guess this is pics of his house....credit:rainhk

uuactfjto2006032316425393big7j.th.jpg

What's that thing that they encircled at the inset photo?

Guest QtyAngel29

[060300] Tour to Korea CF (Japan & China Versions)

format: wmv

size: 2.79 MB

Download Links:

China Version:

YSI: http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0AY1EBDKCJ0MK0BEJARNTVAVCT

Clubbox: http://down.clubbox.co.kr/bummie/04k47

Japan Version:

YSI: http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=20VZJQ9D1UVD50ONSUPKCWHM8R

Clubbox: http://down.clubbox.co.kr/bummie/94k47

thx for the upload thank u

uuactfjto2006032316413984big4s.th.jpg

uuactfjto2006032316425335big0d.th.jpg

uuactfjto2006032316425420big8l.th.jpg

thx for the pics he's house seems very cozy...and rain has pic of himself in the house too kinda llike full house...and from the chinese said..seems like the LCD tv he has is from a fan from his bday party tahts very nice to know that he uses it

Guest xxcrazy_onexx

24 March 06

krent.xicn.net

Morning programme of Korea TV station KBS reported a segment on singers miming during performances two days ago, and surprisingly displayed Rain's picture during the segment. Angry fans felt that the report was misleading and raised a protest by calling the TV station non-stop, causing a major jam in the station's call in switchboard system. The station was eventually forced to make a public apology.

Two days ago, the report on KBS's morning show flashed Rain and Hyori Lee's pictures while talking about singers who like to mime, insignuating that these singers don't sing live.

The show's viewership consist hugely of housewives, and many did not like their idol, Rain, to be insulted in this way. They started calling the station non-stop, until the host in charge had to make an open apology, "Very sorry, we did not mean to create this misunderstanding".

Rain is not only well-loved in Korea, he is also enjoying high popularity over-seas. The total toursim dollars Rain brought in with his 22 performances during his concert tour is estimated to be as high as a hundred billion won. As his contract with his overseas music company "DR Music" is coming to an end, many companies are in the midst of discussing the contract with JYPE, hoping to clinch the deal.

At the moment, JYPE has set a target of about 40 concerts with distribution rights at a cost of about a hundred and fifty billion wons. "Regardless of the high fees, each concert can still bring in a profit of 300 million won." however, JYPE expresses that money is not the concern here. The main issue is to do a good show.

i wonder how that mix up happend, i thought bi was KNOWN for always giving a live preformance...hes

so dedicated to giving his fans a live preformance, wutta great character :)

--question, off topic...but how come we only have 993 pages...what happend to the 1000+?? :tears:

Guest VyLeTtE

--question, off topic...but how come we only have 993 pages...what happend to the 1000+?? :tears:

>>>>> i noticed this also... last page i read was 1002.... but last page was 1006... next time i chekd twas p1000 (i dunno wr to start reading again).... then 993, 991.... whats next? 950... 900... 500... 50... 0? :unsure::tears:

Guest fatgrrl_slim

Gals, just don't mind the number of pages. Or else we really might end up with zero. Just keep posting 'relevant' info.

Ok, post something relevant....

Again, could someone - anyone who can read Chinese - please tell me what's that thing that they encircled at the inset in this pic? (the one on the lower left hand corner)

Guest s3rene

uuactfjto2006032316413984big4s.th.jpg

uuactfjto2006032316425335big0d.th.jpg

uuactfjto2006032316425420big8l.th.jpg

Rain's house seems so nice and cozy looking. It's good to know he is living the good life. :D

Guest mayumi

Again, could someone - anyone who can read Chinese - please tell me what's that thing that they encircled at the inset in this pic? (the one on the lower left hand corner)

translate -> Rain is treasuring the baseball that has words - Hope u become the best singer.

as for the circled part - it's lozenges. (translate -> he is eating lozenges which are gd for the throat; and it's being placed at "noticeable" spot in the living room).

* there are some more chinese words on the top rite hd corner: :D

At his last birthday party, some fans gave him a 40 inch lcd. however, they shouldn't have spent the $ cos he already has 1. bside the lcd is his cupboard full of trophies. 1 thing worth mentioning is that the cane vase. it was given to him by his fans last time, and he's recycling the vase now.

Guest ladygurl

haven't been here since forever and the news I stumble upon is this <_<

:P bam..youre too funny..but sure is true..

korean cloud will always be in his heart...infact they can't never be replace..because he always remember them..he praise them..he thanks them..he write to them..and as a jealous fans..*hahah..kidding...*..i think us foreigner definitely deserve some special treatment too..we play a huge part to his megastardom too :tears:

so agree. I mean, I guess it's cool that he's giving that one day for just the korean cloud but ya guys know what pisses me everytime? His messages to his fans. I'd like to think that he talks to us overseas fans too but hey he doesn't. :(

so are koreans actually jealous of us overseas fans? they have zero reason to be. and if I'm in korea and cant join cloud like ladymac, I'd be angry as hell. <_< my opinion.

-----------

pinkjiawen

Gals, just don't mind the number of pages. Or else we really might end up with zero. Just keep posting 'relevant' info.

Ok, post something relevant....

Gals, do not believe in anything these photos said. These photos were taken when HK paparazzi broke into his home last year while Rain was in HK. There should be other photos showing that both Rain's father and sister angry face. The paparazzi just force themselves into the house when Rain's pa came for the door. This house was in 'Ma Po, Kong But' (not sure about the exact name) district of Seoul, but Rain told the reporter that he was now living in 'Kong Nam' (also not sure about the exact name in English, a lot of celebrities live in this district) during one of the interview last year end. Therefore, he should have moved after this break-in incident. The district now he is living is more 'classy' and for the rich people. Hopefully, he is living in those high security estate like where his good friend Song Hye Kyo is now living.

Guest pwincezs

I was just reading his quotes on the first page... he is such an inspirationaL talker... never giving up and stuff...

how can you not love him ^^

Guest s3rene

Gals, do not believe in anything these photos said. These photos were taken when HK paparazzi broke into his home last year while Rain was in HK. There should be other photos showing that both Rain's father and sister angry face. The paparazzi just force themselves into the house when Rain's pa came for the door. This house was in 'Ma Po, Kong But' (not sure about the exact name) district of Seoul, but Rain told the reporter that he was now living in 'Kong Nam' (also not sure about the exact name in English, a lot of celebrities live in this district) during one of the interview last year end. Therefore, he should have moved after this break-in incident. The district now he is living is more 'classy' and for the rich people. Hopefully, he is living in those high security estate like where his good friend Song Hye Kyo is now living.

With his status and fame in Korea now, he deserves to live in those high security districts reserved for the rich people.

woohoohoo!!! 1000th page!!!! this calls for a celebration!!! it took us 5 months to reach 1000th page.... (very slow cuz we cut down on spamming :P) sharing this pic from old soompi (so some names are not here yet) twas used 4 the 2000th page... credits : bam[

URL=http://imageshack.us]2000th3zq1gp.jpg

whoohohoho! I can still see my old name back there! CHARITYCN76!

by the way officially as of this momentr we havent reach the 1000th page yet..there are some revision being made but anyways...we will get there sooner or later!

hey guyz

I just have a little story about Rain.. hehe..okay...Since my mom works at the airport she saw Rain. She works in the V.I.P place and handles celebrities, so all of a sudden she got assigned to direct Rain and help him with stuff....and my mom couldn't believe it was Rain so then she asked him for his autograph (she could of got fired for doing that!) and then she called me and I even got to talk to him for a bit! His English sounds so CUTE! When he was autographing for me my mom had to stand by his side and spell out my name letter to letter..haha it was so adorable. I even still have his pen that he used and his autograph locked up in a plastic bag lol...i'm so obsessed. ^_^......this was when he came to New York to perform Rainy day! My mom said that he was so mannered and he was very kind to everyone. The most surprising part was none of his fans was there! The korean press was there half an hour late too...lol anyways even though my interaction with him was over phone but I'm still satisfied!

Picture of autograph:

Picture315.jpg

Kim ^^

kim!!!! You are so lucky!!! Too much RAIN blessing ei? Too bad you werent able to record him talking to you!!! If u got it recorded in your phone i bet it will be the best ringtone in town!!!! Waaahhh! Kim you are really so so lucky! I think you were a very good kid that you receive all of this...gf of the night...and now phonepal of the day!

Guest charissejeong

B)Yeah, only the Vest for Bi :lol:

Guest tarong

is this some kind of a joke? we reached a thousand already now we're back to 900+... :huh:

24 March 06

krent.xicn.net

huh? Never seen him in lip synch... :blink:

anyhow, it just shows how BIG & popular "RAIN" is, that these people tries to pull him down... well, they'll never succeed anyway...

TARONG: u have to watch sangdoo wat eps u on? he was really good in it for his first drama he was really into it i liked him a lot on sangdoo

hi Angel, i just watched SANGDOO ep.1-7 and ep16... i'm waiting for my sister to bring my cd... ;)