Do you ever get your ETHNICITY mistaken...?

Guest eminemjamesuk

Guest JJ no Baka

people think i'm filipino or mexican because of my huge eyes when i'm chinese.

whats wrong with a chinese person having huge eyes?? its like people are so used to chinky eyes that they are shocked to see a chinese girl with huge eyes. :mellow: anything can happen. :P

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest july-eighth

If I'm in my city, my nationality usually doesn't get mistaken considering if you're Asian here, you're probably Filipino.

Though, if I'm somewhere else both Asians and non-Asians seem to mistake my dad and me as Japanese.

Guest onliyoo

I've gotten mistaken for everything.

Then they're like " alright ..what the heck are u then?"

"Vietnames! XD"

Guest --=WinGz=--

I'm Chinese and people here in the Netherlands think I'm Viet.. DOn't ask why, cause I don't know it myself.. :P

Also, there was that Viet guy at my school, and my classmates always ask me: ''Oh, is that ur bro??'' *sigh* :P [not that I mind..cause that guy was kinda cute.. :P]

Guest shooting_stars

^if he was a cute guy, then why would u want him as a brother? lol

I'm viet, but I've been mistaken for chinese all the time. Kids around here always make fun of us asians by saying that annoying "ching chong ching chong" and that isnt even real words put together. everyone assumes im chinese when im really not!

Guest matango88

I'm viet, but I've been mistaken for chinese all the time. Kids around here always make fun of us asians by saying that annoying "ching chong ching chong" and that isnt even real words put together. everyone assumes im chinese when im really not!

you should still take it as an insult, they dont care if your Chinese or Vietnamese, you think they would have more respect for you if you said you were viet not chinese? people that make fun of asians usually group us all in the same group they dont care what kind of asian you are.

Guest --=WinGz=--

lol, I wouldn't want him as my brother. but he's just cute.. too bad he's not at my school anymore.. :P

indeed..that stupid ching chong thingy has been bothering me since I don't know what age.. <_< When I was still a lil kiddy, I'd really get upset by it, but now, they can kiss my *ss.. annoying childish people.. :P Sorry, this is so off-topic..really frustrated by only thinking about it.. :P

Guest asianrice

All the time, Chinese or Japanese (and loads more). I'm actually Vietnamese with a bit of white in me. I didn't mind the first time someone asked if I was Japanese because I find Japanese girls gorgeous.. but it got annoying after a while.

It seems that they guess anything but Viet.

Guest ooo_it's_mE

I'm a Bruneian (google it if u dont know) and currently in uk. ppl here keep on mistaking me for being a filipino/spanish/mexican.

oh ok!!!!

I googled it. :P

Guest seraphic.shot

got asked if i was japanese or korean once, but generally people got that i'm chinese. generic chinese face or something?

Guest keewony

Asians think I'm Filipino......

Non-Asians think I'm spanish when I tell them I'm NOT chinese...

Guest cyberfruit

LOL

some people can be so stupid!

that's cause you live in Sugarland. come to the Alief part of Houston. everyone here knows what Dominican is.

Noo~~ I live in Missouri City :DD

Guest bananapeelz

well, i'm pure asian, but people just don't know what ethnicity. one person said i lơoked canto. the other said mandarin. and the other one said viet. well, they're close but why can't it be man-viet. << that's what i am, btw.

Guest h2obubbli

People use to think im japanese, and then some people said i looked korean,.... now... lol they dont know. [im chinese]

Guest INSANE

i ALWAYS get mistaken

this is our convos

"are you Chinese?"

"no"

"are you Vietnamese?"

"no"

"are you Japanese?"

"no"

"then what are you?"

"i'm filipino"

"what's that?"

"-__-"

sighh..

even my mom thinks that i dont look filipino -__-

how ubberly sad haha

Guest tengteng

Someone once thought me as a Jap, I was like ???-_-

I think you're insulting the richard simmons....

Not really ethnicity, but I'm pure S'porean chinese but ppl always think that I came from china just because I'm fairer than most ppl out there.

Archived