Do you ever get your ETHNICITY mistaken...?

Guest eminemjamesuk

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rena23

I've only had one random person guess and she thought I was Mexican.

I asked my friend and she said just white.

I am half white so whatever but I'm not Mexican at all.

Guest marco.polo

LOL yeah all the time. I'm Filipino so a lot of people ask if I'm mexican HAHA :lol: . Sometimes people can get it right sometimes they don't. I guess it depends on how often they're around a certain race of people. For example, I couldn't really tell much difference between Chinese, Japanese, and Korean people. Ever since I entered high school (I'm a Senior now) I started hanging out with more Chinese, Japanese, and Korean people - since then, I've been able to tell who belongs what race pretty easily.

Guest miss wonderland

i'm chinese but

ppl have thought i am

-korean

-japanese

-filipino (when i was really tan)

... i guess it's not that bad

Guest *frutti

viet, philipino, korean, japanese, thai, half-white, NATIVE AMERICAN (LOL ann...)

i'm chinese btw. and i dont think i've ever gotten chinese.

LOL i have a friend who's 1/2 chinese, 1/8 british, 1/8 jewish, 1/8 indian and 1/8 jamaican

...must suck for her when people guess her ethnicity lol

I'm Korean but people always ask me if I'm Chinese or Viet.

Even a lot of my Chinese friends think I look Chinese. xD

But then, Koreans can always tell that I'm Korean. [it's one of those radar things I think.]

Guest green_T

Yup, I'm half indo (not chinese indo btw) and half white but people always think I'm Chinese. Like the other day I was sitting on a bench and there was an old Chinese lady sitting next to me reading a Chinese newspaper and she started talking to me in one of the Chinese languages pointing at a Chinese ad in the paper. But I told her I can't speak that language and she asked in English where the suburb was in the address of the ad. Haha.

Guest fobbiyo

YES! ALL THE TIME!! It includes being Filipino or Cambodian. O_O I have dark skin, so I guess that's why people mistaken me often. :|

One time, my Spanish teacher asked me what language my parents spoke and I said "Vietnamese". And then he said "AND?" I'm like "That's all." He keeps on bugging me with that until this other guy said "Tagalog" -_-

Guest candy77

ALL the freeeaken time!

but i guess i'm use to it now.

so far no one has gotten my ethnicity right so if someone asks i just tell them "yup" and don't even bother...not like it matters anyways.

Guest tashaisasian

Yes. Apparently I look super Korean (I'm Vietnamese) - Vietnamese people AND Korean people think I'm Korean.

Like one of my Vietnamese friends usually greets me with a "You look so Korean today." instead of a hi. And this lady at the Korean store started speaking Korean to me and I was like awkwardly staring at her. So weird. This is how I actually met someone:

Huy (aka him): Are you Korean?

Me: No.

Kien (some other guy): No but she looks like it huh?

Guest kpop_haha124

I'm Korean, but when most people look at me, the first thing they say is either chinese or filipino....

i'm like "T.T"

when i was in elementary school ppl thought i was those or japanese, they never thought that i was korean.. anything but korean...

they said that cuz my skin was a bit darker..=[[

Guest cjgohan2003

Last night I got "korean and japanese" from two filipino taxi drivers. It might be my redness due to alcohol that makes people think that way err. Yea, but under normal circumstances, I usually get filipino (they say the nose is a giveaway, lmao).

Archived