Junjou Romantica [official Thread]

Guest abercrombie_lover

Guest abercrombie_lover

A Comedy Romance Between 3 Guy Couplesimage

Volumes: 17 (Ongoing) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=271Published by: Blu (up to 12 vol)Anime Episodes: 24 + 1 OVA
image Info:
Alternative title:
Junjou Romantica
純情ロマンチカ (Japanese)
Author: Shungiku Nakamura
Genres: comedy, drama, romanceThemes: Yaoi
Plot Summary: Misaki is suddenly having some unexpected and odd problems. What started as a need for some college entrance exam tutoring has somehow led him to being romanced by a suave older man who also happens to be his big brother’s best friend. Confused by all of his brand new emotions, Misaki struggles to deal with his suddenly very odd life. And if that wasn’t enough, his suitor, Usami, has plenty of issues of his own. A man-child who decorates his room in giant teddy bears and toys, Usami is a famous novelist who also writes steamy boys’ love novels on the side. When Misaki cracks open one of these books and reads sentences like “Misaki licks every inch of Usami’s hot body”…well, let’s just say that all hell breaks loose.

image Manga:
*Click on the links to download // All Volumes are translated into English

imageVolume 1
imageVolume 2
imageVolume 3
imageVolume 4

Total: 10 and ongoing [The rest of the volumes will be posted soon]

image Anime:
Running time: 24 Minutes
Number of episodes: 12 (Season 1) / Season 2 (Coming Oct. 2008)
Vintage: 2008-04-10 to 2008-06-26
Opening Theme:
"Kimi = Hana (君=花)" by pigstar
Ending Theme:
"Baby Romantica (ベイビーロマンチカ)" by SCRIPT

*To watch full episodes go Here

All Credits: Anime News Network & Google

Guest bishie_bashie

Am surprised that no one replied to this thread yet.

well. this anime's storyline is goood.

the yaoi is making me a bit uncomfortable though... XD

but yeah, its a good season. :]

Guest detskie

hello there...first time posting here...i learned about this after watching zetsuai in youtube somebody mentioned this one so i got curious and wants to experience this manga for the first time...

thanks for the links and for sharing this to us !!!

downloading vol.1 now <333

• 2 weeks later...
Guest understanding_fiction

Am surprised that no one replied to this thread yet.

well. this anime's storyline is goood.

the yaoi is making me a bit uncomfortable though... XD

but yeah, its a good season. :]

I'm the exact opposite =/

Like the yaoi, don't really like the graphics + storyline + everything about it.. except the yaoi. And the voice actors.

NELL_____NELL

NELLNELLNELLNELL

NELLNELLNELLNELL

NELLNELLNELL

NELLNELL

NELL

Guest LazyAzian

I like this Shounen-ai/Yaoi (^__^)~<3.

Egoist and Romantica couple are my favorite!

Terrorist couple is EVIL (x___x), in a passionate way.

Guest amydien

so this is the official thread now....yay....

I love this story....really funny! My favourite pairing is Junjou Romantica.....I skip on the Egoist & Terrorist chapters when Im reading the manga... :lol:

Guest cook1ex3

I AM EXCITED FOR SECOND SEASON!

WOOOOOOOT WOOOOOOT

i cant pick and choose which couple is my favorite.

but the age gap seems to grow and grow hahaha

i started collecting teddy bears cause of this meng hahaa nyehh

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest shinuko

001-3.jpg

Junjo Romantica ~Pure Romance~ (純情ロマンチカ, Junjō Romanchika?, lit. "Pure Hearted Romantica") is a yaoi series by Shungiku Nakamura. It focuses on not only a main couple but three other male couples. It has expanded into several cd-dramas, a manga series with a spin-off running in Asuka CIEL, a light novel series running in The Ruby with a spin-off and a 24-episode anime series.

Plotline

Misaki is suddenly having some unexpected and odd problems. What started as a need for some college entrance exam tutoring has somehow led him to being romanced by a suave older man who also happens to be his big brother’s best friend.

Confused by all of his brand new emotions, Misaki struggles to deal with his suddenly very odd life. And if that wasn’t enough, his suitor, Usami, has plenty of issues of his own. A man-child who decorates his room with giant teddy bears and toys, Usami is a famous novelist who also writes steamy boys’ love novels on the side.

Junjo Romantica focuses on three different sets of lovers, each with their own compelling stories, these other three couples are introduced in Egoist, Terrorist, and Mistake. There is also another mini series called, 'Junjō Minimum', which is also in the CD dramas.

Characters

[edit] Junjo Romantica

Misaki Takahashi (高橋 美咲, Takahashi Misaki?)

18 yrs, 19 yrs in episode 8: The protagonist, younger brother of Takahiro. At the start of the series, Misaki is about to sit for his college entrance examinations. His dream is to go to Mitsuhashi University since that was the college his brother dropped out of so that he could begin taking care of Misaki after their parents died. Although seemingly childish and brash, Misaki is later revealed to be a person who is simply adamant on insisting against doing anything that might not be beneficial to anyone else. Misaki and Usagi eventually begin a relationship together which puzzles Misaki, who is unconfident about his feelings towards the older man.

Voiced by: Takahiro Sakurai

Akihiko Usami (宇佐見 秋彦, Usami Akihiko?)

28 yrs: A popular author of non-fiction and erotic boys love novels, and the youngest recipient of the distinguished Naomori Award. His nickname is "Usagi", which means "rabbit" in Japanese. Usagi is Misaki's tutor for the upcoming entrance exams, and a very close friend of Takahiro (he, in fact, harbored an unrequited love for Takahiro for a long time). He and Hiroki were childhood friends.Shortly after meeting Misaki, Usagi realizes that he loves the younger boy and the two become lovers.

Voiced by: Hikaru Hanada

Haruhiko Usami (宇佐見 春彦, Usami Haruhiko?)

30 yrs: Akihiko's older half brother (they have different mothers). He is generally cold and disapproving towards his brother, though no one really knows why. After a brief apearance by him in the middle of the series he begins proclaiming that he 'loves' Misaki, but that was only after he found out how close he and Usagi were. When he begins sending Misaki flowers and saying he would take Misaki as his own, Usagi claims that Haruhiko was, 'always trying to take [his] things.'

Voiced by: Kōsuke Toriumi

Takahiro Takahashi (高橋 孝浩, Takahashi Takahiro?)

Misaki's older brother, and Akihiko's long-time friend. He was the subject of Akihiko's love interest for a long time, but never noticed Akihiko's feelings due to him being naive and having a somewhat air-headed personality. He is extremely caring towards his brother, even dropping out of school to support Misaki's studies after their parents died.

Voiced by: Kishō Taniyama

[edit] Junjō Egoist

Hiroki Kamijō (上條 弘樹, Kamijō Hiroki?)

28 yrs : A long-time friend of Akihiko's, who is an associate professor at the college Misaki studies at. He is a bit of a loner and is extremely passionate about classical Japanese literature, apparently having graduated at the top of his class. Hiroki was initially in love with Akihiko, his childhood friend. He is an example of the tsundere character archetype: he has a bad temper and is feared among his students, though he is actually shy and gets flustered easily.

Voiced by: Kentarō Itō

Nowaki Kusama (草間 野分, Kusama Nowaki?)

24 yrs : Orphaned without a name as an infant, he was named "Nowaki" ("typhoon" in Japanese) by the head of the orphanage because he was found in a heavy rain storm. Nowaki first meets Hiroki 6 years ago, when he is crying about his fruitless relationship with Akihiko, and goes on to insist that Hiroki become his tutor. He is currently studying to become a pediatrician. Nowaki is very kind and understanding.

Voiced by: Nobutoshi Canna

[edit] Junjō Terrorist

Yō Miyagi (宮城 庸, Miyagi Yō?)

35 yrs: A Literature Professor at Mitsuhashi University and a co-worker of Kamijo Hiroki. He was once married, but is now divorced most likely due to his indifference to feelings and emotions. His love interest is his ex-wife's younger brother. Miyagi is often playful when it comes to teasing Hiroki, though his true character is far more serious due to an event from his past.

Voiced by: Kazuhiko Inoue

Shinobu Takatsuki (高槻 忍, Takatsuki Shinobu?)

18 yrs : A young high school student (and the son of Mitsuhashi University's dean of literature and of Miyagi's boss) who believes it to be fate that he is in love with his ex-brother-in-law, Miyagi You. He would very much like Miyagi to take responsibility for Shinobu falling in love with him. He is often blunt and unreasonable, though is shown to have a softer side.

Voiced by: Daisuke Kishio

[edit] Junjō Mystique

Ryūichiro Isaka (井坂 龍一郎, Isaka Ryūichiro?)

Akihiko's editor and Haruhiko's childhood friend, he is 32 years old in the main timeline. Junjou Mystique takes place ten years before. He aspired to be a novelist, but his real talents lay in finding future best-sellers.

Voiced by: Toshiyuki Morikawa

Kaoru Asahina (朝比奈 薫, Asahina Kaoru?)

Kaoru is Ryūichiro's assistant, and came to work for the Isaka family when they helped the Asahina's out of a bad situation. Originally intended to be Isaka's playmate, he ended up becoming something more of a caretaker.

Voiced by: Ryōtarō Okiayu

Junjocharacters.jpg

Anime Adaptation

Further information: List of Junjō Romantica episodes

The series began airing April 10, 2008. As of now, the first season, which has 12 episodes have been released, and the second season which has 12 episodes, began airing on October 12, 2008. According to Oricon and DVD sales data from Animesuki, the first DVD was released on July 25th, 2008 and it became a hit, selling 8,406 copies in its first week. It is currently the fourth best selling debut DVD for an anime series of 2008, just after Gundam 00, Macross Frontier and Aria the Origination. It continued to dwell on the Oricon anime DVD charts for the second week charting on the top 5 with total sales for the first DVD at 10,986 copies. With those sales, it is currently ranked at number 1 for the shojo category on DVD sales for the year 2008. According to Oricon sales for the past 5 years, it is the best selling BL (Boys Love) anime so far and has performed the best on the charts.

• 2 months later...
Guest meimei__KOUSEKI

i just realized i left this out on my "Plan to watch" list. OMG i really can't believe i didn't watch this earlier T_T

I hope there's gonna be season three!

• 1 month later...

Archived