The Bokgo Princess Bae Seul Gi**

Guest `starry.night

Guest RaeHolic

OMG >< I missed Seul Gi so much!!!

:) the bokko princess is back.

Seeing her, CMH & KJM dancing together brings back so much LL memories. :)

LeeSeungGi & KangHoDong looked so happy to see her.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest yungi

Thanks for uploading all the b-shop pictures~ She looks gorgeous~

agree~ Ho Dong & Seung Gi do look happy to see her~ hahah..

Can't wait for next episode~ am also really C U R I O U S about what made seul ki cry like that.

I think I'll definitely cry along while watching the next episode. T.T

Hope she gets more screen time like this episode~ Seul Ki Jjang! ^o^

Guest fobulous

Aww, I just got done watching part 2 of Strong Heart, and Bae Seul Gi was crying. Whatever she shared was very emotional. It got everyone in tears. At the end, her story won her the trophy. It was very touching at the end. Hopefully someone would be kind enough to translate what it was about.

Guest aeka

Basically, her subject was "What I want to say before it's too late" [lit. before it(time) becomes any later, words that I want to say].

She wanted to say something to the person she loved - her grandmother.

Following her parent's separation when she was only 3, it was her grandmother who took care of her, acting like her mom, friend, teacher and of course as a grandmother. They were very close.

But when she entered into middle school, she was rather mean-spirited, rebellious, and would talk back against her grandmother. Her grandmother would go to the washroom and turn on the water to cry, but Seul Gi was annoyed at that, made a big deal about why her grandmother was crying it, and left the house.

There was another incident that had to do with her grandmother packing her lunches. Because her mom worked, Seul Gi's grandmother packed her lunch. Everyone her age had cool lunches packed by younger mothers. Her grandmother would pack her very basic/plain meals - once instance, she made a plain bean-sprout side dish. Seul Gi was so embarrassed and would often just leave it behind or not eat it. Her grandmother was concerned that she was starving herself, so one day she went to school, even though she had a bad back and was hunched, and brought her lunch to her. Seul Gi made a big deal about it, tell off her grandmother saying, "How could anyone eat lunches like this? You eat it." Later that day, she came home to an empty house. Her mother called her telling Seul Gi that her grandmother fell into a coma. It turns out that her grandmother had gone to the store to buy/make better side-dishes for Seul Gi. She bought a large sausage roll, which Seul Gi didn't even like, but because it was a big piece of meat and she had trouble moving around in the first place, she had an accident.

She still lives, but she's not very healthy and to this day, Seul Gi has tried to make up for those days. So what she wanted to say, even though she says it all the time to her grandmother, is how sorry she was and, even though she can't, how much she wants to eat those lunches again.

I think this was one the better stories that anyone has said on this show. Usually, to get the stories going, the host would interrupt or "help it along", but they were quiet throughout the entire thing. Not surprisingly, they left this for the end.

Guest dabest123

Attending Clarins Comestic Event

4642507513_fe5dc4a13d_o.jpg

4643120894_b47a10ef99_o.jpg

4643120976_f3190c9f3b_o.jpg

4642507677_8743ebec7c_o.jpg

4642507727_aa35ed4faf_o.jpg

4642507795_1ba0a13721_o.jpg

4643121168_71559dbaf3_o.jpg

4642507871_9b530e0c4b_o.jpg

Basically, her subject was "What I want to say before it's too late" [lit. before it(time) becomes any later, words that I want to say].

She wanted to say something to the person she loved - her grandmother.

Following her parent's separation when she was only 3, it was her grandmother who took care of her, acting like her mom, friend, teacher and of course as a grandmother. They were very close.

But when she entered into middle school, she was rather mean-spirited, rebellious, and would talk back against her grandmother. Her grandmother would go to the washroom and turn on the water to cry, but Seul Gi was annoyed at that, made a big deal about why her grandmother was crying it, and left the house.

There was another incident that had to do with her grandmother packing her lunches. Because her mom worked, Seul Gi's grandmother packed her lunch. Everyone her age had cool lunches packed by younger mothers. Her grandmother would pack her very basic/plain meals - once instance, she made a plain bean-sprout side dish. Seul Gi was so embarrassed and would often just leave it behind or not eat it. Her grandmother was concerned that she was starving herself, so one day she went to school, even though she had a bad back and was hunched, and brought her lunch to her. Seul Gi made a big deal about it, tell off her grandmother saying, "How could anyone eat lunches like this? You eat it." Later that day, she came home to an empty house. Her mother called her telling Seul Gi that her grandmother fell into a coma. It turns out that her grandmother had gone to the store to buy/make better side-dishes for Seul Gi. She bought a large sausage roll, which Seul Gi didn't even like, but because it was a big piece of meat and she had trouble moving around in the first place, she had an accident.

She still lives, but she's not very healthy and to this day, Seul Gi has tried to make up for those days. So what she wanted to say, even though she says it all the time to her grandmother, is how sorry she was and, even though she can't, how much she wants to eat those lunches again.

I think this was one the better stories that anyone has said on this show. Usually, to get the stories going, the host would interrupt or "help it along", but they were quiet throughout the entire thing. Not surprisingly, they left this for the end.

Thanks for the translation. I have a grandma just like hers. Its no wonder she loves her grandma so much and always talks about her.

Guest GIBBERGIBBLETS;

wah! so many pics! she looks SUPER cute in the world cup pictures. awww her story

is so sad =(

Guest RaeHolic

): Wow SeulGi's story was very touching, makes you want to cherish the people around you.

I hope she can get more active on screen now. I really miss her.

Guest aeka

That's what the host (and if I recall correctly, the other guests) also remarked, which was essentially the point of her story.

Would this story have been picked up on major news/blogs, Seul Gi's exposure would have seen a marked rise. I was just surprised no one had translated this story before I posted.

Guest dabest123

That's what the host (and if I recall correctly, the other guests) also remarked, which was essentially the point of her story.

Would this story have been picked up on major news/blogs, Seul Gi's exposure would have seen a marked rise. I was just surprised no one had translated this story before I posted.

She's was #5 on the Nate search rank yesterday so she is getting exposure in Korea. But I'm not surprised the story wasn't translated on any major american kpop blogs. Most of those news sites are idol centric but I can see why since most people are idol worshippers. But I hardly see any seul gi news on those sites but I see articles like "Idol A said Idol B has nice hair", but I digress. Again, thanks for the translation.

Guest alicechen

Sorry to cut your post! :) I got your pm Aeka! And again, thanks so much for the translation! :D

I posted Seulgi's cut here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fskw8CX-QU

For fans who want to download her cut, I already posted the download link at loveseulki.net in the Media section! ^_^

She's was #5 on the Nate search rank yesterday so she is getting exposure in Korea. But I'm not surprised the story wasn't translated on any major american kpop blogs. Most of those news sites are idol centric but I can see why since most people are idol worshippers. But I hardly see any seul gi news on those sites but I see articles like "Idol A said Idol B has nice hair", but I digress. Again, thanks for the translation.

I also find it odd that her story isn't translated on other news sites I visit. <_< And :lol: at Andy! News are getting weirder by day in Kpop/entertainment. "Hair, sock, fingers...."

Anyways, I made some icons to share from the previous batches of photos Andy posted:

SG_17.pngISG_15.pngISG_18.pngISG_16.png

SG_19.pngISG_20.pngISG_22.pngISG_21.png

Feel free to use them. B)

Guest aeka

What I was impressed with was how she conveyed the story. My translation doesn't reflect it (as I also omitted a few things for the sake of brevity - wasn't trying to create line-by-line subtitles), but I just really liked how she built up the emotional narrative without sounding too contrived.

Everyone has caused some pain to their loved ones especially in different generations. I'm not a particular fan of her's, but I definitely related to her story of misunderstanding, regret and love. I can better relate to that than with an epic tumultuous romance :P

Guest RaeHolic

:/ I love Idols, seriously i do, but kpop sites have really been biased since the uprise of idol groups. I personally don't think Idols tweeting a picture, commenting another idol, or having a bad hair day is newsworthy.

I want SeulGi to have a comeback but Idol Fandoms are really scary. T_T sigh.

Btw. She looks wonderful, havn't aged a day since LoveLetter times.

Archived