[drama 2008] My Precious You 내사랑 금지옥엽

Guest huangsy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone noticed the way Dongwoo looks at Healthy. He beems. I think Dongwoo has fallen in love with Bori and Healthy.

I have been going back and watching some of the previous episodes w/English (thanks mysoju). I don't find Sera manipulative at all. Yes, she wants/love Shinho, but she is for the most part open and honest with him. Yes, she tried to trick him into liking her, but told Shinho the truth once she saw how slow he was to realize what was going on.

When Shinho was asking Sera about him Mom, she told him the answer was there, all he had to do was look for it. This made me realize that Shinho is use to things/people coming to him and him not really having to work hard for anything. For expamle: Jinho cooks and takes care of his domestic needs. Hence, Shino affectionately calls Jinho 'Yeobo'. He always takes the easy way out. Hence, Inho telling him he 'never takes responsibily and runs away.' which is the reason why it was so easy for him to tell Bori to have an abortion.'

This makes me wonder about Shinho's character and motives towards Sera and Bori.

:tears: When will Saturday get her?!

Now Sera is a manipulative richard simmons with a capital B. Why? Because she wants BR to HIDE the fact that she gave birth to SH's SON so SHE can MARRY SH. Manipulative? Desperate? YES and YES.

leslie_lei girl you are so right. lol nah, you and I both feel the same way about SH loving SR. I think he tries to love her, and he thinks he does, but he needs time and space to sort things out after everything he's been through.

Now Sera is a manipulative richard simmons with a capital B. Why? Because she wants BR to HIDE the fact that she gave birth to SH's SON so SHE can MARRY SH.

LOL! Wow! Although Sera has agreed to not tell Shinho (and I could be wrong) but I believe it was Bori who begged Sera not to tell. It maybe wrong, but I have started to agree with Bori. After going back to re-watch and catch the episodes that I missed, for Shinho to tell Bori to abort, clearly he does not want the child and has does not want the responsibility of being a father. Why should Bori tell him. At that point, he has given up his rights.

I know, Shinho reluctantly agreed to marry Bori. But, actions speak louder than words (becoming so sick at that the thought of marrying Bori that he had to be hospitalized.) There it is.

Guest b00kw0rm

Now Sera is a manipulative richard simmons with a capital B. Why? Because she wants BR to HIDE the fact that she gave birth to SH's SON so SHE can MARRY SH. Manipulative? Desperate? YES and YES.

leslie_lei girl you are so right. lol nah, you and I both feel the same way about SH loving SR. I think he tries to love her, and he thinks he does, but he needs time and space to sort things out after everything he's been through.

And what would that make BR who was the one who begged so many people to hide her secret? Who has the greater responsibility to disclose the truth to SH than SR, Insun or DW? Whether SH is a worthy father or not is another point.

Tushka, I don't think it is right for BR not to tell him. He was willing to go through marriage with her for the sake of the baby. Unless he told her he doesn't want to marry her or have anything to do with the baby. I watched the earlier episodes again and saw him rushing to the hospital to stop her having an abortion. That action alone says BR violated his rights to know she is still carrying his child.

Too long for SH to go on being guilty over BR? Guilt is a very hard thing to erase. One little action can carry the guilt for years. And fathering a child is no small little action.

And what would that make BR who was the one who begged so many people to hide her secret? Who has the greater responsibility to disclose the truth to SH than SR, Insun or DW? Whether SH is a worthy father or not is another point.

Tushka, I don't think it is right for BR not to tell him. He was willing to go through marriage with her for the sake of the baby. Unless he told her he doesn't want to marry her or have anything to do with the baby. I watched the earlier episodes again and saw him rushing to the hospital to stop her having an abortion. That action alone says BR violated his rights to know she is still carrying his child.

Too long for SH to go on being guilty over BR? Guilt is a very hard thing to erase. One little action can carry the guilt for years. And fathering a child is no small little action.

SH may not have wanted the baby, but he accepted the fact that he the baby was going to come wanted or not, and he agreed to try to live for his child. BUT SR had to go and stick her nose in other people's business and tell BR to basically screw off if she loved him. Whether or not out of concern for SH I don't care, all I care is that BECAUSE OF SR and her uncalled for words, BR faked an abortion and hid it from SH out of love.

And she continues to hide it from SH because she knows how much it tormented him when she was PREGNANT and now that the baby exists in the world, that can only bring him more heartache. She loves him too much to put him through more pain. She's taking from what happened to SH when she was carrying Healthy and applying it to her current situation. She doesn't want to make his life miserable, as she thinks she did back then.

He never wanted that baby. HE SPECIFICALLY TOLD HER to get an abortion and she refused on the grounds that this was her child too and she wanted to keep it. But upon further consideration, and a little cajoling from his sister, he decided he would live for his child. And yet the very thought of marrying someone he didn't know if he loved and becoming a father when he didn't want it was enough to give him an ulcer and put him in the hospital.

Fathering a child, and then thinking it was aborted means he doesn't feel guilt towards BR but to his baby because he feels like he abandoned his child. His UNBORN child. That kind of guilt is something that stays with you.

But he does care about BR more than he lets on. He said once that when he thinks of her his heart breaks because he put her through so much at such a young age. He practically ruined her life. And that he doesn't want to cause her anymore pain so it'd be best if he forgot about her. Hence SR (in my opinion).

And in one episode, the one where SH and BR finally ended things (i think it was that one), BR called him out. She looked at him all teary eyed and asked him, "You told me back on the island that you loved me, remember? Tell me the truth oppa. Did you mean any of it? Even just a little?"

SH was silent for a bit but, if memory serves, he did admit that he cared for her and there was some truth behind his words. So he did care for and it's not totally outrageous for him to love her if he did care for her.

I feel like his motives towards SR are...I don't know...grateful at most. I think he's trying to love her but it's not quite happening. They say love works in mysterious ways so it's not entirely impossible for SH and BR to be together.

But we'll just wait and see. Thus, I digress for I wish not to engage in a heated debate with SH-SR shippers, but to merely express my opinion as one of the few SH-BR shippers. So don't kill me please!

Guest uop1497

Here are my opinions:

1) A man who is running away as soon as learning of his girl friend pregnancy is a very bad person. No excuse !!!!

2) If a girl married a man who has a play boy history, and tell his ex- girl friend to get an abortion, she will will end up suffer sooner or later.

3) I have not seen any man who really regret his past mistake ( abandon his unborn baby) yet in real life. However, I hope to see SH begging for Bori's hand and get a "No" answer and losing healthy forever. I want to see his suffer and heart broken as much as Bori did in these past episodes

4) I don't feel sorry for Sera at all. In one of an episode, she tried to stop Bori from opening the hospital door. That shows me she is just using all the opportunities to achieve her desired dream ( To marry SH) without consideration for anyone but herself. That is very selfish

I am waiting for to see how this show ended. Although I don't like SH, but I hope to see healthy grow up with real love from everyone

SH may not have wanted the baby, but he accepted the fact that he the baby was going to come wanted or not, and he agreed to try to live for his child. BUT SR had to go and stick her nose in other people's business and tell BR to basically screw off if she loved him. Whether or not out of concern for SH I don't care, all I care is that BECAUSE OF SR and her uncalled for words, BR faked an abortion and hid it from SH out of love.

But we'll just wait and see. Thus, I digress for I wish not to engage in a heated debate with SH-SR shippers, but to merely express my opinion as one of the few SH-BR shippers. So don't kill me please!

But only a few episodes ago, SR said she didn't know that BR was pregnant. She said BR and SH both denied the possibility so she could not understand why BR was forcing a reluctant SH to marry her. She said that for the baby's sake, BR should have gone ahead with the marriage. And for SH's sake, she should not have lied to him about the abortion.

I don't think that SR is without faults but I think she is more suited for SH. I never got the feeling that he and BR suited each other. I think BR and DW would make a good pair. And for the record, I think DW is a better man. SH is making a start but has some way to go to becoming a less self-centered, more giving person. In the past his idea of love has always only been the physical aspect.

We can share our opinions but I agree with you that a heated debate is not necessary, especially since it would inevitablly lead some immature posters to name-calling and posting downright uncalled for rude comments. So Kapneemo, we'll let you live :tongue2:

:lol:I think it's funny. I love reading everyones opinion. There are conflicts and different point of views, that's what makes this really fun for me. We know these characters aren't real. Yet, we discuss them as if they are part of our family or a close friend.

Although I said Shinho has given up his right as a father when he told Bori to get an abortion, I would never in a million years tell my little sister of best friend to keep her pregancy a secret from the father. Since Bori told Shinho no to the abortion because the baby was her's too, she should have stuck to her guns. Yes, leave Shinho, but don't hide. Why live in fear of being found out (re-watched an episode tonight, I think 30, and that's what she told Dongwoo, that she was living in fear of bumping into Shinho.)

After realizing that Sera's father dislikes him for his treatment of women, Shinho seems determined to turn his life around. Good for him. He even says to his father he never took into consideration how he treated people. By him just now (episode 30) taking responsibility for his character or lack of, does this not mean that he never took into consideration his treatment of Bori and his unborn child?

I guess we'll have all the answers (I hope) after episode 52. Wow! only 10 more to go.[/b]

***Side note: I'm not for or against a Shinho/Sera union. I'm not for or against Shinho ending up by himself. I just want to see Dongwoo/Bori/Healthy happy together. Shinho can have visitation rights. Yeah, that's what I'd like to see. :D

Guest b00kw0rm

:lol:Although I said Shinho has given up his right as a father when he told Bori to get an abortion, I would never in a million years tell my little sister of best friend to keep her pregancy a secret from the father. Since Bori told Shinho no to the abortion because the baby was her's too, she should have stuck to her guns. Yes, leave Shinho, but don't hide. Why live in fear of being found out (re-watched an episode tonight, I think 30, and that's what she told Dongwoo, that she was living in fear of bumping into Shinho.)

SH told BR to get an abortion. If she refused and left at that stage then yes, she was under no obligation to keep him informed of her decision. But once he agreed to marry her and raise their child together, that negated asking her to abort the baby. That's why she lives in fear of being found out.

IMO, SH didn't have the slightest intention to find out what happened to BR after the supposed-to-be abortion. If he had feelings for BR, even if they lost their baby, he could have continued looking after her & started a more stable relationship with her but he did not. It meant his offer of marriage is only for the sake of their unborn child, one that he confirmed when SR asked him. So even if he marries BR this time after learning about his son, theirs will not be a happy & fulfilling marriage but only out of obligation.

Guest worldhascertainabsolutes

Actually, now that I've watched Ep 42, I have a bit more hope for the SH-Bori relationship :) it's clear that Bori still loves SH. Her words to SH when he discovered her were so unlike her that even SH was shocked by how heartless she sounded. I think she really wanted to cut their ties off there so that he could get married to SR and not worry about her and his kid.

Now which kind soul out there in the drama will please update him about Bori's past 9 months...That could be a turning point in their relationship. SH-Bori fighting!!

Actually, now that I've watched Ep 42, I have a bit more hope for the SH-Bori relationship :) it's clear that Bori still loves SH. Her words to SH when he discovered her were so unlike her that even SH was shocked by how heartless she sounded. I think she really wanted to cut their ties off there so that he could get married to SR and not worry about her and his kid.

Now which kind soul out there in the drama will please update him about Bori's past 9 months...That could be a turning point in their relationship. SH-Bori fighting!!

Only two persons in the drama can do that, Insun and Dongwoo. I don't think BR will volunteer how much she suffered when she was hiding from him. After learning of SH & SR upcoming wedding, Bori was all the more decided to cut ties with SH but her pain became deeper, all of these witnessed by DW.

Bori tried so hard to get SH to marry her....she was also willing to accept the fact that SH did not love her....even jumped into the river ........ to kill herself and the baby?????..... or.... to show SH that she will die if he did not marry her ? .........Don't you think that is being manipulative as well ?

And when SH finally surrendered and agreed to marry her......she decided that she will be the martyr here....all self sacrificing..... the reason being that she loves SH, wants the best for him....the baby is hers and she will bring the baby up herself......So I think BORI should bear the bulk of the responsibility for this mess......next Insun and then SR.

Now that SH has found out the truth......it is back to square one.......SH will want to marry Bori like they originally planned...for the sake of the baby......but now.....there is one more victim....SR.

It will be interesting to see how the writer will solve this very messy situation........I noticed that the scriptwriter is also the same writer for ' Golden Bride ' Her evil characters are really evil ( the rich manipulative DIL in 'Golden Bride' and the shameless YJ here )......but ultimately all will be forgiven.....and there will be a happy ending.......

As for me, I'll be happy just to see a wedding scene for IH and JS ( LTR always look gorgeous in a wedding gown )........and for DW to be happy with the woman he loves......I think he has really fallen in love with bori....even though I think Bori does not deserve to be with such a nice guy like DW.

Good point, Bryan. it slipped my mind that she tried to kill herself and the baby. And like you, I don't know whether she would have gone ahead with it or it was just to manipulate SH.

Carmina, SH saw her off to the bus-station. She told him she was going home to her family (another set of people whom she is hiding the truth from). He almost phoned her once to find out how she is doing but decided that since she wants a fresh start, it would be cruel to remind her of the past. Yes, he offered marriage only out of obligation. BR was to him like the other women in his past - "love" in the physical aspect only. He prided himself on being a great lover, the foolish boy! Someone posted that scenes in BR's village showed them really in love. But if he loved her, how come he could not remember her name at all when she sent the package. When she turned up at the clinic, he had to think real hard to remember her. She was just another conquest to him.

Guest ellabel

^Wow!! Very interesting discussion..... and it's getting to be a SH-SR vs SH-BR shippers debate. LOL...

*sigh* I wud love to give my 2 cents but i have to go on a call... so, i'll beg off now....

Bryan, thanks for reminding me about what Bori did before just to force SH to marry her. Hmmm..... come to think of it, she is also manipulative. Actually, BR is also to blame for what she has become starting when she decided to play martyr and tell SH that she aborted the baby.

Annyeong! :D

Yeaah, going back to those scenes when she was forcing herself to SH made BR one irritating leech-y person. I still can remember SH's face everytime he looks at BR, hmm like a deadly virus. BR looked desperate forcing herself to SH & the more she insists the more SH resented her. He only regarded her as one of his "girls" & even suggested to get rid of the baby. I only got to that part & missed out the succeeding episodes until 4 weekends ago, thus my misinterpretation. Thanks pintO for making things clearer for me.

I still maintain though that BR will be better off with DW based on how he cares for her despite knowing her past & the predicament she's in. DW also knows that BR still loves SH but this didn't stop him from proposing & is willing to raise Healthy as his son.

Guest babymarzy07

bryan has a very good point. BR has been manipulative in her own ways as well. and keeping things, from her own family. i remember those earlier scenes that your talking about because it was then that i really felt she was pushing herself so much and a reason why SH was so resentful at those times. BR was so sure SH would marry her then. and when SH finally gave in, he tried to accept it as much as it was. maybe he would not to get married but id think he will try to be a father to the son. ( wow i didnt realize the writer is the same with the GB writer, her characters were really villainous)

and although, SR is not without fault. she didnt tell BR to abort the baby then in the hospital. she just said not make SH suffer if she really loved him. it was BR's own call to go to the hospital and do that. she just left Ilnam with a note and everything. and her parent's dont even know what happened to her. it was her choice to play martyr and hide everything and say she was married to another guy. and just recently, SR wanted to tell SH after meeting BR, which she even apologized to. and asked if she was married and she said she was. it was IS and BR who told SR not to and really pleaded with her. she was even so troubled then she couldnt get it off her mind. nd also think IS plays a big role in this whole thing as well so it tangled up.

i still think SH should take responsibility for his child. But that it should be DW with BR. DW is a good guy and had been there for them. knowing everything that had transpired before and is willing to have healthy as his own.

and id definitely want the IH and JS married too. LTR is really pretty in a wedding dress. im not really trying to argue here, but just my opinion only as well.. bygones be bygones. peace!

Ps. hi carmina!!

Archived