Any Malaysian Students In Seoul/tokyo Here?

chaegyeong

Guest i_like_mashimaro

im studying at Seoul National University since march this year..

im not expert about Seoul,but i'll try to help if you have something to ask.. :)

Guest i_like_mashimaro

since now,me and my seniors in korea havent found any halal korean restaurant.you dont have to worry about eating at any korean restaurant,just tell them to remove meat and ham.usually we eat order seafood,fish,or vegetables menu.

if you wanna try things like bulgogi..hum, its impossible i think. there are lots of korean cuisine that we can eat,such as Kimbap,Bibimbap,hae mul(seafood) ramyon, tteokguk(rice cake),kodeungo jorim(mackerel cooked with kimchi& chili paste) kimchi bokeumbap, kimchi jjigae and others. :)

to me,i rarely go to pakistani or arabic restaurant and prefer to have meal at Kimbap Chenguk,김밥 천국 korean restaurant.

btw,when will you come to korea?

• 2 weeks later...

hey thanks a lot mashimaro. u've been great help. i usually do that when i'm at school and travelling, stick with the seafood and vegetarian dishes. u read my mind. it's really the bulgogi i want. eaten in korea. heh. but i guess it's alright. i can always eat bulgogi in KL.

i'm visiting july 11th til 15th then to tokyo. with the protests in seoul, the mad guy in akihabara and the quake yesterday, seems like it's kinda a bad time to go to those two countries at this present time, but hey, we can't control these things eh? i bought my ticket already and arranged accommodations so i can't just cancel my trip. i just cancelled my trip to Italy already cos i wanted to go on this trip.

what are you studying in Seoul National University? how long did u study the language for?

Guest i_like_mashimaro

humm..about the demonstration,dont have to worry too much.till now we're still live safely,and happily. :sweatingbullets:

people do that demonstration at night in Sicheong,but you can go there at day..

to me,Sicheong its not too interesting,unless you wanna to go DeoksuGung Palace..

you can go to lots of other interesting places in Seoul,so its worthy if you come here! :)

btw,im studying korean and othes science subjects until feb next year..

after graduating from SNU,i'll enter college or university to study engineering..

malaysian students must pass the exam in SNU before we can continue studying in university..if not,we'll be send back to our beloved country

Guest burntwaffles

hi! I wanna ask about your application to SNU.

I'm from SEA too, but I was trying to figure out how the whole application thing works because I'm thinking of applying to snu after my A Levels this year. Could you please enlighten me on the cost, the procedure and your experience in snu? :D

please pm me! :D

wow. that makes sense. quality control. u'll just drown in your course if they didn't do that. especially since u'll be studying 100% in the korean language right? i don't like what i'm doing rite now so i'm contemplating doing software engineering in seoul, tokyo or sydney after i've made my contribution to our beloved country for the next 5 years or so :D my dad prefers Japan but i think Japan's tougher to learn the language than Korea. easiest would be sydney for sure. but who knows what will happen. i might decide to just stick to it once i start earning cos i might be too lazy to start learning a totally different thing from scratch. didn't do physics in International Baccalaureate. so did u do any prep before going to SNU last march? IB/A Levels/STPM/Aussie,American matriculation? i reckon u're an undergrad?

Guest i_like_mashimaro

chaegyeong:

i got scholarship from JPA, and we studied korean for 9 months at INTEC,Uitm shah alam.in the foundation programme,we started to learn phy and chem in korean..

its not hard to learn korean,all you need is interest.if you like korean,everything gonna be easy to you.and yeah, never feel give up of memorising new words a day.

oh forgot,im undergrad and still has 5 years to spend my life in korea..

• 5 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived