[drama 2008] War Of Flowers / Tazza 타짜

Guest huangsy

cutiepie : hehehe..you know I always looked forward to your LQs... :D . Thanks for the ent news link. I'm at work grrrr so can't d/l it yet but definitely dyin to see.

huangsy : thanks for posting more pics. Ye Seul really looks like a high schooler.

groovier : thank you so much for posting the streaming link.

So guys and gals...what did you think of the preview?

I LOVE it! I really love how the Pusan dialect just rolls off Jang Hyuk and Kim Min Joon's tongues. It just sounded so natural. I know they said they felt awkward at first but to my ears it sounded so natural.

I know I'll have an even harder time understanding the dialogue with a Pusan dialect but I'm all for it.

For some reason the high school scenes just seemed more innocent when spoken in a Pusan dialect :lol:.

Some of my thoughts on the preview:

-I loooooove Nan Sook's expression when she saw Goni walking. That look of "It is him! It is really him!". So full of love and joy. I love how she doesn't steal glances towards Goni and even when Goni saw her looking at him she didn't shy away. It's very refreshing to see that. She had that big smile, full of joy. I must say Han Ye Seul looks so pretty here in her almost bare face. There is nothing better than seeing pure happiness in someone's face. And in that moment Ye Seul was able to really show true happiness on her face. I can't help but smile seeing her expression. She emits that happy bubbly feeling of a schoolgirl in love perfectly. For some reason when I saw Nan Sook's giddy expression here it reminds me of the song 'Bubbly' from Colbie Caillat....that would be the perfect song for that moment.

- Goni's expression upon finding out that it was Nan Sook on the street ---ahhhh.....pure bliss. I'm constantly amazed at just how Jang Hyuk can convey so many different emotions with his eyes. I've not seen this expression before and I've seen quite a few Jang Hyuk movies/dramas. His look is that of bliss and a hint of disbelief. Here he was standing in front of his first love whom he hasn't seen in many years...disbelief in seeing her again yet also pure raw happiness of seeing her again.

-And of course I really enjoyed Goni's expression when he saw Nan Sook dancing in the club early in the preview. Priceless expression! hehehe. Nan Sook can move! :woot: :woot:

- Goni and Young Min ---- I can already see the love-hate relationship between them. Goni seems like someone who is loyal to his friend so for him to watch Young Min all of a sudden distance himself and go down the wrong path must really broke his heart.

- Madam Jung seeing Goni for the first time --- I thought Kang Seong Yeon looked really great portraying Mdm Jung. I haven't seen Tazza the movie so I can't compare her Mdm Jung with Kim Hye Soo but I thought KSY looked elegant yet at the same time scary. She had her sights on Goni and there's no way she's gonna let him escape him.

- I love the way they shot the drama. The scene of Goni and Nan Sook standing in the middle of the street with a train passing on the background was just wonderful. It really gives us a sense that for a moment time Goni and Nan Sook were in their own world. They didn't care that there's this loud train going off behind them. None of that mattered to them. All this sweet, bubbly moment happening in the middle of this loud, noisy environment but it doesn't matter...to them it was a perfect world and a perfect moment.

-Chemistry --- so far it's solid. Han Ye Seul-Jang Hyuk...totally believable as a couple....great chemistry.

I'd like to see more JH-Kim Min Joon moments in the future. Too early to say about their chemistry from the preview but judging from the pics and interviews...they seem to have great chemistry together.

Okay enough babbling from me. I can't believe I can write this much on a 10-minute preview clip :lol:.

Just a warning to all of you Tazza threaders that there will probably be more 'essays' to come after each episode ^_^

Can't you all sense my excitement for the drama? hehehehe....

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

posting alternate streaming links to the trailer+preview (these ones are longer 13:13)

http://www2.pullbbang.com/video.pull?vcode=l1411755

http://gate.freechal.com/common/FcQLogGate...ovieid=28883694

Okay after watching the 13 minute preview.....

I have to say the A-Gui gambling scene is intense..wow....

Controversy over Tazza's poster

Looking very similar to the poster for Eastern Promises

2008091056356445.jpg

http://breaknews.com/new/sub_read.html?uid...ection=section4

When asked about this Olive Nine said that the poster designer has never seen the poster of the movie Eastern Promises before. They also noted the difference that in the movie poster the hands are of the same person while in Tazza the hands are of two different people.

Seems like the response for Han Ye Seul's high school girl transformation are positive

http://www.freezonenews.com/news/article.html?no=29111

http://sports.khan.co.kr/news/sk_index.htm...40201&pt=nv

Guest Jill4675

O-cha, thanks for the new links! :)

BTW, I really like the piano music (waltz) in the background. I think we all share your excitement and anticipation!! And yes, it was great to hear them speaking dialect...as little as I know about the dialect! Of course, I agree with you about JH's range.

I'm just going through the Robber/Bad Guy episodes and honestly, he could have a second life as a comedian. :lol:

Finally: I'm also looking forward to watching KMJ because he's another one with expressive eyes and a marvelous smile. I loved him in every drama I've seen him in. ;)

PS, O-cha, off-topic (sorry) but I saw this on Popseoul just now: KJK

B)

Guest fivemagic

Hey O-CHA,

Super duper thanks for all sharings and postings related to TAZZA... me three, am looking forward to your future 'essays' and if you don't mind, would you please do some synopsis for each episodes... I am sure you will be terrific when it comes to such a task... sorry if I am asking this favor from you.

I totally agreed with your thoughts / comments on the preview... you said it very well and high five to you chingu. Also, super thanks for the streamng link trailer and preview. The hands does in a way look very much similar... heeheeh, at least to me anyway.

Hi o-cha, fivemagic, Jill4675, cutiepie, groovier, huangsy, Amaryllis, and all~~

Wow...o-cha,, thanks for sharing your thoughts on the preview. I am with you on your every single word.

As o-cha gave a wonderful review on the second part of the preview, I like to ramble breifly on the first part: the seaport scene.

The seaport fighting scene was the most exciting part in the preview to me. I am not sure if the drama indeed starts from this scene, but it definetely will be a good starting point for the drama to attract audiences from the beginning. It is hilarious, spectacular, and tons of fun. Jang Hyuk and Son Hyun Joo show a perfect comic couple with their seamless interaction with each other. The camera works with depicting

the fighting between gansters, chaser and run-away, climbing the tower, etc.

are all well executed. Awesome. Plus, the music...wow...each scene has a perfectly matched background music, not to mention the one attached to the scene where

Goni is diving into the water

. :w00t:

It looks like I watched the preview of a movie rather than a drama. I am not sure if it is because the video quality of the preview clip is relatively low, or because the director use the cinematic filter. Anyway, not a bad start.

Thanks cutiepie for sharing the TV entertainment clip for the tazza press con. They all look bright and close to one other.

And finally, about the controversy over the poster...hmm...hope it won't affect people's decision to watch the show.... :sweatingbullets:

fivemagic : I wouldn't mind doing episode summary. The only problem is I am normally unable to watch dramas live since that's usually when I'm commuting to work. It might be way too late for me to write the summary for the episodes by the I get around to watching them. But don't worry I know there are soompiers out there who do great summaries almost in real time. I would of course still do my 'essays' :lol:.

wils : hahahaha..I got carried away with my essay there...that happens with Hyuk's dramas normally :lol:. You know what I don't think I've seen the first part of the preview yet. I haven't downloaded the 18mins preview link yet so I bet that boat scene is in the first 5 minutes that I missed..hehehe.

Jill4675 : thanks! For some reason bloggers and Korean media looooove using that pic of KJK..and hey who can blame them? hehehe. That's actually an old picture from 2005 and not even one that is distributed to media/public :lol:

when does this drama air exactly?

it says "debuts 8 sept. 2008" on the first post..?

This drama will start on September 16 (Tuesday). It's a Mon-Tues drama but the premiere falls on Tuesday due to Chuseok.

^ Chinggu! How ya doing?

Read your comments on the preview of Tazza.. and it sounds promising! :D

I've gotta watch the 13 minute preview.. I only saw the brief one @ the ending of the previous drama Lawyers, and man, I got hooked immediately. Jang Hyuk's looking great and macho as ever.. and it's just a treat to see him on screen again! KMJ and HYS looked great too... can't wait to see their chemistry unfold!!

And I just love JH's character name - Goni! Cute!

^ Chinggu! How ya doing?

Read your comments on the preview of Tazza.. and it sounds promising! :D

I've gotta watch the 13 minute preview.. I only saw the brief one @ the ending of the previous drama Lawyers, and man, I got hooked immediately. Jang Hyuk's looking great and macho as ever.. and it's just a treat to see him on screen again! KMJ and HYS looked great too... can't wait to see their chemistry unfold!!

And I just love JH's character name - Goni! Cute!

Hahahahahaha the essayist o-cha strikes again! I'm waiting for your essay too, you know? :lol:.

Actually yeah check out the longer preview if you have time. It is definitely interesting...and hey where else can we see Jang Hyuk, Kim Min Joon, and Han Ye Seul all speak in Pusan dialect.

Found an article today..mostly talking about Han Ye Seul's comeback drama through Tazza. I'll just translate the parts concerning Tazza.

http://www.todaykorea.co.kr/news/articleVi...tml?idxno=49082

순수한 팜므파탈 한예슬

부산사투리 여고생에서 섹시한 타짜까지 

‘꼬라지 하고는’도도하면서도 친근한, 이지적이면서도 따뜻한 배우 한예슬이 돌아왔다.

지난 2006년 ‘환상의 커플’에서 차갑고 매서운 이미지로 주변 사람들을 덜덜 떨게 만들고 자신이 키우던 고양이, ‘프린세스~’를 외치던 ‘조안나’와 기억을 상실하고 입가에 짜장면을 가득 묻히고 막걸리라면 사족을 못 쓰던 ‘나상실’이란 독특한 케릭터에 생명을 불어 넣어 준 한예슬. 그런 한예슬이 ‘타짜’로 돌아오는 것이다.

‘타짜’엔 ‘환상의 커플’같은 웃음은 없지만 한예슬은 부산 사투리의 당구장 알바생 ‘난숙’이 섹시한 타짜 ‘미나’로 인생이 180도 변하는 케릭터를 그리며 그녀가 가지고 있는 매력을 유감없이 보여줄 것이다. 물과 기름 같이 전혀 어울릴 것 같지 않은 두 개의 케릭터를 동시에 소화해 내는 그녀의 매력을.

She may not draw laughters in 'Tazza' as in 'Fantasy Couple' but Han Ye Seul shows her charms and ability by transforming herself 180 degrees from the character 'Nan Sook' who speaks with Pusan saturi(dialect) to the sexy tazza 'Mi Na'. The two characters seem to be totally different like water and oil but she seems to be able to show both sides simultaneously with her charms.

“난숙이라는 케릭터를 맡아 부산 사투리를 하게 됐어요. 처음엔 부산 사투리를 해야 하는지 몰랐는데 대본을 받아보니 전부 사투리라 당황하기도 했죠. 원래는 서울에서 전학 온 설정이었는데 부산 사투리를 해야 한다고 해서 자신이 없었어요”

미국에서 태어나고 자란 한예슬에게 부산 사투리는 어울리지 않을 것 같다. 하지만 한예슬의 애교 있는 목소리가 부산 사투리와 잘 어울린다.

"The character Nan Sook spoke with a Pusan dialect. In the beginning I didn't know that I have to do a Pusan dialect. I was embarassed that I didn't know how to do it. I went to school in Seoul before but I really had no confidence in speaking in Pusan dialect." Han Ye Seul was born and grew up in the USA and it seemed that it wasn't a good match for her to speak in Pusan dialect (in the drama). But actually Han Ye Seul's cute voice sounded well in Pusan dialect.

“오빠들(장혁, 김민준)이 워낙 사투리를 잘 써서 연기하는데 도움이 됐어요. 같이 연기 호흡을 맞춘 것이 큰 도움이 됐죠. 자기 전에도 사투리를 듣고 차로 이동하면서 듣고 상당히 많이 연습했어요. 처음에 부산 사투리를 들었을 땐 노래하는 것처럼 들렸지만 이젠 감이 잡혔어요”

"Oppa (Jang Hyuk, Kim Min Joon) helped me in acting using Pusan dialect. I practiced the Pusan dialect and listened to myself saying it a lot. When I first heard the Pusan dialect it was like listening to a song."

사투리에 자신 없다던 한예슬에 대해 동료 연기자들은 한예슬의 사투리연기가 매력있다고 한껏 추켜 세웠다. 특히 정마담역을 맡은 강성연은 한예슬의 사투리에 대해 “애교있는 콧소리를 남성분들이 좋아한다”고 했다.

Han ye Seul ,who at first didn't have the confidence of using dialects, through the help of her fellow actors was able to overcome this burden. Kang Sung Yeon who played Madam Jung said this about Han Ye Seul's saturi(dialect) "The male viewers would love her cute voice."

미국에서 생활해 화투를 접할 기회가 없었던 한예슬 이지만 이번 ‘타짜’ 캐스팅을 계기로 화투의 재미에 흠뻑 빠져들었다.

“아무래도 생활을 미국에서 하면서 화투를 접할 기회가 없었어요. 미국에선 화투를 듣기만 했었죠. 그러던 중 타짜에 출연하게 되면서 이번 기회에 화투를 쳐봐야겠다고 생각했어요. 타짜들의 느낌을 알기 위해서 직접 쳐 보는 게 좋을 것 같아 회사식구들과 밤새도록 화투를 쳐본 적 있었어요. 처음엔 아무것도 모르고 쳤는데 나중에 하다 보니 돈을 따게 되더라고요. 그 재미가 쏠쏠하던데요.(웃음)”

Han Ye Sul never had the chance to come in contact with hwatu while in the US but through being casted in 'Tazza' Han Ye Sul finds hwatu fun and plays them now. She said "Living in the US I never came in to contact with hwatu. I've only heard about hwatu. When I was cast in Tazza that's when I try hwatu. In order to know what tazzas feel, I played hwatu at work and all night. I can tolerate this kind of fun. (Laughing)"

“도박판에서 여자는 꽃이라고들 하죠. 도박판에 직접 뛰어들기 보다는 메인 타짜들의 플레이를 도와주고 한편으로는 외모를 무기로 상대방을 교란하기도 할 꺼에요. 그런점에서 아직 난숙의 케릭터밖에 그려지지 않고 있지만 앞으로 바뀔 미나의 케릭터가 기대 돼요”

"In gambling world women are seen as flowers. They are normally seen behind the main tazza players assisting them while at the same time distracting their opponents with their appearance. At this time, Nan Sook's character hasn't come to this yet but in the future please wait for Mina's character."

Guest mandalaywith

hi

Talking to one news. :lol:

Tazza drma First Broadcast date is Change. :rolleyes:

Finally Tazza drma First Broadcast Date-2008 September 16

Source-SBS Home Page.

http://wizard2.sbs.co.kr/resource/template...vMenuId=1009288

2008년 9월 16일 밤 9시 55분에 첫방송 되는 새 월화드라마 <타짜>

여러분~~ 많이 많이 기대해 주세요!

새 월화드라마 <타짜>

- 첫방송: 9월 16일 밤 9시 55분

- 책임 프로듀서: 이현직

- 연출: 강신효

- 조연출: 박용순

- 극본: 설준석, 진헌수, 임정기

- 출연: 장혁, 한예슬, 김민준, 강성연 외

Editㅡㅡㅡㅡ>o-cha is post to finshed info.Great job. :rolleyes:

hi

Talking to one news. :lol:

Tazza drma First Broadcast date is Change. :rolleyes:

Finally Tazza drma First Broadcast Date-2008 September 16

Source-SBS Home Page.

http://wizard2.sbs.co.kr/resource/template...vMenuId=1009288

여러분~~ 많이 많이 기대해 주세요!

새 월화드라마 <타짜>

Editㅡㅡㅡㅡ>o-cha is post to finshed info.Great job. :rolleyes:

hahaha mandalaywith..is that homework for me? :lol: Thanks for the info.

여러분~~ 많이 많이 기대해 주세요!

First Broadcast of the new Mon-Tue drama <Tazza> on Sep 16 2008 at 9.55 PM

Everyone ~~ Please Look Forward to it!

새 월화드라마 <타짜>

New Mon-Tue Drama <Tazza>

- First Broadcast: Sep 16 9.55PM

- Producer : Lee Hyeon Jik

- PD : Kang Shin Ho

- Assistant PD : Park Yong Soon

- Scriptwriter: Seol Joon Seok, Jin Heon Seok, Lim Jeong Gi

- Cast: Jang Hyuk, Han Ye Seul, Kim Min Joon, Kang Seong yeon

ahhhhhhhh

I can't believe the drama has started and I currently have not internet and so I can't watch the drama :(

what a bummer...

I hope someone will be nice enough to give us summary of the eps... I'll greatly appreciate it...

Hahahahahaha the essayist o-cha strikes again! I'm waiting for your essay too, you know? :lol:.

Actually yeah check out the longer preview if you have time. It is definitely interesting...and hey where else can we see Jang Hyuk, Kim Min Joon, and Han Ye Seul all speak in Pusan dialect.

Found an article today..mostly talking about Han Ye Seul's comeback drama through Tazza. I'll just translate the parts concerning Tazza.

Thanks o-cha for sharing the article and its translation. Frankly it was a surprise. YeSeul's Busan dialect sounds very cute from the preview. Her high-pitched voice seems quite well matched with the tone of Pusan dialect. Her speaking in pusan dialect is really pleasing to listen to...hehe..

Like o-cha, ripgal, i hope the drama intrigues you enough so that we can read your insightful thoughts on the drama. The first soompi thread I encountered was the Robbers thread, and by then, o-cha, ripgal, imogene, and all good essaysts' comments and insights made drama watching more exciting and interesting. :P

Thanks manadalay for the confirmation of broadcast date and other details. ;)

ahhhhhhhh

I can't believe the drama has started and I currently have not internet and so I can't watch the drama :(

what a bummer...

I hope someone will be nice enough to give us summary of the eps... I'll greatly appreciate it...

Haha...~lin~ the drama hasn't started yet. It will be first aired next tuesday with two episodes back to back.

Thanks o-cha for sharing the article and its translation. Frankly it was a surprise. YeSeul's Busan dialect sounds very cute from the preview. Her high-pitched voice seems quite well matched with the tone of Pusan dialect. Her speaking in pusan dialect is really pleasing to listen to...hehe..

Like o-cha, ripgal, i hope the drama intrigues you enough so that we can read your insightful thoughts on the drama. The first soompi thread I encountered was the Robbers thread, and by then, o-cha, ripgal, imogene, and all good essaysts' comments and insights made drama watching more exciting and interesting. :P

Haha...~lin~ the drama hasn't started yet. It will be first aired next tuesday with two episodes back to back.

wils : I know.... that Robbers thread was special to me too. I've never had that kind of experience watching dramas with such great threaders all so passionate about the drama and expressing them so beautifully in words. We'll see if we can coax some of the essayists there to post here too...hehehe.

Oooohhh...I didn't know Tazza will air 2 episodes on the 16th. Thanks for letting us know...makes me even more excited for Tuesday.

Have you checked out the fans (extras for Tazza) post on Tazza website? I wonder if there is anything interesting in their post.....

Guest fivemagic

Hey guys!

Thanks for all the articles and translations, O-CHA, and a job well done chingu... heehee, I copied and pasted your posting / translations on Ye Seul's part over at the Ye Seul thread, of course, I credited you and your name. I am just so happy to read the article with a smiling face.

Thanks, WILS, for the info regarding airing Tazza (back to back) on Tuesday night... it's ashamed I cant watch but if O-CHA or you can do us a huge favor with the episode summary, I and other Tazza threaders would be very appreciative.

Eventhough I can't watch on the internet (no internet at home and not allow at work :crazy: ), I am still very happy with the good news... hope my princess Ye Seul will make everyone who's been a die-hard fan to fall once again in love with her acting abilities... heehee, I am one of them and no matter how she does it, she will always, always be my No. 1.

wils : let's see...Tazza starts at 9.55PM Tuesday so it's what...Tuesday 7.55 AM your time? Hopefully you can watch it live. We're counting on you :P hehehe....

For me probably unlikely since it'll be 5.55AM Tuesday and that's usually when I'm on the way to my train station.

fivemagic : you're welcome. I just hope I didn't mistranslate much..hehehe

I agree with wils that Ye Seul's voice sounded really cute in Pusan dialect. And like KSY said the male viewers will dig that :lol:.

wils

thanks... still sad though because no internet at home and so I have to rely on you guys and summaries... but I miss him and I'm glad he's back again... I didn't watch his other drama Robbers... but I love love love him in Thank You...

Guest Jill4675

wils

thanks... still sad though because no internet at home and so I have to rely on you guys and summaries... but I miss him and I'm glad he's back again... I didn't watch his other drama Robbers... but I love love love him in Thank You...

Lin, pity you did not see Robbers aka Bad Guy...it's available on DVD issued by SBS (Good subtitles on the DVDs, but Eps 1 and 2 have the subtitles badly mis-timed...they are very early and it's really annoying; fortunately, things are okay starting with Ep 3. Bit of a challenge if you don't know the story or at least a tiny bit of Korean, but Jang Hyuk is on screen, so it's kind of unimportant! :lol:) I'd count this drama as a must-have/must-see for Jang Hyuk devotees... :wub:

You can read more in the official thread that ran during the broadcast: Robbers Thread.

B)

Guest fivemagic

fivemagic : you're welcome. I just hope I didn't mistranslate much..hehehe

I agree with wils that Ye Seul's voice sounded really cute in Pusan dialect. And like KSY said the male viewers will dig that :lol:.

Hey O-CHA,

Nope, you are terrific and thank you so very much for the english trans... I really want to see Ye Seul speak in Pusan dialect... of course, I am sure whoever is watching her speak in Pusan will DIG that.

Archived