[drama 2008] War Of Flowers / Tazza 타짜

Guest huangsy

Character Descriptions 3:

Other Core Figures:

Sung Chan

Goni's high school classmate.

Sung Chan, a blunt guy from KyungSang province, is such a loyal person that he can die for those he believes in.

He and his two friends, Goni and Joo Shik, played around gambling games in their high school days. He, as a poor student who lived alone away from home, might not be able to graduate from high school without Goni's help.

He will do whatever Goni asks for even at the cost of his life.

Young Min's Grand mother (played by Kim Jee Young)

p_00010782.gif

Kwang Cheol (played by Oh Jung Se)

miniphoto47853.jpg

MiNa's brother

He was in jail for being involved in a violence case.

After being discharged, he determined to revenge Mina (his sister)'s misfortune on the party of Kye Dong Choon. When Goni mastered all the techniques from Pyun Gyung Jang, Kwang Cheol joined Goni's team to fight against A-Gui. He plays a role of putting in action their plans to defeat A-Gui

Kye Dong Choon

Second in power in A-Gui's party, nick-named as 'spindrier'

He is notorious for collecting gambling debts in wicked ways. His nickname comes from his evilness that he can extract water even out of squid jerky. One of his strengths is he encroaches on non-affiliated houses until they surrender.

Goni's mom (played by Park Soon Cheon)

p_00021092.gif

A role model of strong and wise mother-ship.

Lost her husband early in their marriage, she had lived with young Goni independently. She put efforts to raise Goni well, not to hear he is a son of widow. At her last years, she met Dae Ho and spent happiest time together with him. He used to say, when Goni finds a wife, they will move to a place, where a stream flows in front and pine trees are around, and they live in peace along with two calves for the rest of their lives. After his death, she suffered serious depression.

Dae Ho

Goni's stepfather

He owns a small photo shop across Goni's restaurant. He, an ordinary-looking guy, looks like none, but has a brilliant smile on him that makes him look generous to anything happening in the world. No one knows he hides sharp eyes behind that smile.

Go Kwang Reol (played by Son Hyun Joo)

cast_3.gif

He is a braggart, talking nonsense and rubbish non-stop.

He is so talkative to be often laughed at as playing a hwatoo game with his mouth. However, he is a sympathetic, softhearted, and warmhearted tazza. It is he who showed child Goni hwatoo cards for the first time when he was a scumbag in Goni's town. When college student Goni was chased by the police in violation of the national security law and needed a place to hide, he offered Goni the servant job at the Park's House where he worked as a tazza. He is the very person who eventually introduced Goni to the gambling world, whether he intended it or not.

Pyun Kyung Jang (played by Lim Hyun Shik)

101_act005.jpg

The legendary gambling guru from whom A-Gui and DaeHo learned hwatoo. A-Gui and DaeHo are the second generation of legendary tazzas, while Pyun Gyung Jang and JjakGui are the first generation.

He left the gambling world and lived quietly when he had a conflict with his daughter about the death of his wife. He looks like a street philosopher who seems to master the truth of fortune. After seeing Goni's determination, he helped Goni grow up as the number one tazza of the nation.

Pyun Yoo Ra (played by Lee So Jung)

Daughter of Pyun Gyung Jang. Bright, outgoing, and outspoken in nature.

Tae Kwon Do player selected for the international games.

She came to deeply think about the fortune of human being after finding out her father's secret. She becomes a strong supporter of the relationship of Pyun Kyung Jang and Goni as she acknowledges their destiny to meet each other.

o-cha, you're welcome.

Goni's symbolic card is DDong Kwang! I like it! When I play a go-stop game, the most preferred card is that DDong Kwang card to me!!!!!!! :w00t::w00t:

edit:

hey, hohomania! Glad to see you back!!!!!!

Come more often so that we can make this thread more buzzy!!!! ;)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fivemagic

Bravo wils for another awesome character descriptions... you are quick and thank you so much for your hard work.

I have a question. The pixs of Ye Seul holding the umbrella, you mentioned the "Bi-Kwang", but I don't know what that is. Can you tell me?And what does the pix represent?

Bravo wils for another awesome character descriptions... you are quick and thank you so much for your hard work.

I have a question. The pixs of Ye Seul holding the umbrella, you mentioned the "Bi-Kwang", but I don't know what that is. Can you tell me?And what does the pix represent?

Woops...fivemagic. Actually I was wrong. Her symbolic card is not 'Bi-Kwang'. Hers is 'Sam Kwang' which has lots of followers. Sorry I should have check it out before I concluded. sorry for the confusion.

edit:

bbdxg.jpg

ev6n7p.jpg

k201dz.jpg

313qivs.jpg

KimMinJoon's card is Bi-Kwang.

Now I am not sure if these cards really symbolize the characters. :huh::phew:

I think this is the Bi-Kwang...our resident tazza wils can correct me if I'm wrong :lol:

hwatu45eb6.jpg

notice all the colors are similar to Ye Seul's colors?..green, black, red

If I'm not mistaken the ultimate winner in hwatoo (Go-Stop) is the 5 Kwang card combination.

These are the 5 Kwang cards

hwatu45eb6.jpghwatu41sx4.jpghwatu29uk5.jpghwatu09qf9.jpghwatu01cp4.jpg

They are differentiated from the other cards by the Chinese character in the cards.

which one is the Ddong Kwang?

wils : thanks for your speedy translation...highly appreciated.

We definitely learn a lot more on Goni's background. There's no way he can escape not being a tazza looking at his background. This is definitely making me more excited for the drama.

Guest fivemagic

Woops...fivemagic. Actually I was wrong. Her symbolic card is not 'Bi-Kwang'. Hers is 'Sam Kwang' which has lots of followers. Sorry I should have check it out before I concluded. sorry for the confusion

Hey wils,

Oh, I see... no problem and it's OK, once in a while, we all makes some kind of mistake... her symbolic card is "Sam Kwang"... yeah, I second what o-cha said earlier. You have great eyes and now I understand... makes total sense.

which one is the Ddong Kwang?

wils : thanks for your speedy translation...highly appreciated.

We definitely learn a lot more on Goni's background. There's no way he can escape not being a tazza looking at his background. This is definitely making me more excited for the drama.

Now you know which is Ddong kwang, right? The second one. hehe..

You are absolutely right. His background story is kinda sad and makes us believe why he has to be a tazza.

fivemagic,

heheha...thanks for your understanding! :sweatingbullets: But, the floral card is really for her, right? She is definitely a queen of flowers. :P

Woops...fivemagic. Actually I was wrong. Her symbolic card is not 'Bi-Kwang'. Hers is 'Sam Kwang' which has lots of followers. Sorry I should have check it out before I concluded. sorry for the confusion.

edit:

http://i34.tinypic.com/bbdxg.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/ev6n7p.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/k201dz.jpg

http://i36.tinypic.com/313qivs.jpg

KimMinJoon's card is Bi-Kwang.

Now I am not sure if these cards really symbolize the characters. :huh::phew:

Thanks wils . You have sharp eyes! I missed those symbolisms watching the trailers.

Anywya just to help clarify

the first card is Jang Hyuk (Ddong Kwang -- bird+flower)

the second card is Han Ye Seul (Sam Kwang -- flowers)

the third is Kim Min Joon (Bi Kwang -- man with umbrella)

the fourth is Kang Sung Yeon (Sol Kwang (?) -- crane)

There's still one more Kwang card...the Pal Gong Kwang (sp?) --the one with the white circle. I guess this belongs to A-Gui (Kim Gap Soo)? Hehehehe..we really are spending a lot of time on hwatu cards... learning a lot about them too :lol:

I kindda wish Ye Seul's card is Bi Kwang...considering she posed with the umbrella.

SBS has updated the character photos.

credit: SBS Tazza site

cast00tk6.jpg

Guest fivemagic

Super thanks o-cha for your quick response... I see... heehee, I need to be more familiar with the game.

Also, thanks for clarifying the cards and thanks for the updated and awesome Tazza pixs... very nice.

wils, YES, I agreed with you... the floral card is really for her... heehee, she is definitely a queen of flowers.

Thanks wils . You have sharp eyes! I missed those symbolisms watching the trailers.

Anywya just to help clarify

the first card is Jang Hyuk (Ddong Kwang -- bird+flower)

the second card is Han Ye Seul (Sam Kwang -- flowers)

the third is Kim Min Joon (Bi Kwang -- man with umbrella)

the fourth is Kang Sung Yeon (Sol Kwang (?) -- crane)

I kindda wish Ye Seul's card is Bi Kwang...considering she posed with the umbrella.

SBS has updated the character photos.

credit: SBS Tazza site

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/6654/cast00tk6.jpg

o-cha, thanks for clarifying the cards and posting the updated photo.

Isn't this the first photo they are placed together? It looks great! Hope more group photos come out. :P

wils: I see you've updated the character description with pics now. Cool...I like the veteran cast so far.

It sure seems like in this page the only posters are you, fivemagic and I :lol:.

I'm still waiting for pics where we see them interact with one another. So far it's mostly just individual pics.

Since nobody's posted these pics here yet....

credit: SBS Tazza website

our villain A Gui (Kim Gap Soo)

kgs1rx7.jpg

kgs2fy5.jpg

kgs3yp3.jpg

kgs4nu3.jpg

Guest fivemagic

Hi o-cha,

Yeah, let's just keep this Tazza thread alive, shall we?

Yep, it's just you, wils and I posting on this thread... I hope to see more Tazza threaders here pretty soon.

Super thanks for posting the villain guy... he looks evil to me... and he sure fits the evil bad guy role... count me in it too for the pics where we see them interact with one another... I really want to see them.

Just wanted to say hi to you all!

Also, thanx for the link for the preview! Looking forward to this drama as well and will most likely be another Tazza threader once it starts airing :P Wow, so many good dramas to follow in September and many threads to get active in XD

About the preview, what program is used to watch a file ending with .tp?

Guest imogene_af

Why does SBS put that HUGE logo in EVERYTHING?! ugh... so annoying. :lol: just a little rant, they are ruining Jang Hyuk's hawtness... but good thing his mighty hawtness still takes over.

Why does SBS put that HUGE logo in EVERYTHING?! ugh... so annoying. :lol: just a little rant, they are ruining Jang Hyuk's hawtness... but good thing his mighty hawtness still takes over.

Tell me about it...it was a pain in the bum taking out those logos.... :P

vis : make sure you become a regular! hehehe.

September is indeed a packed month of promising dramas (Tazza, EOE, Kingdom of the Wind, Garden of the Wind, and Beethoven Virus).

heya All .. o-cha, fivemagic, amber, wils, vis , BluOltremare, cecil , fiona, mandalay , hohomania

wow guys!! you are all Awesome! thanks for all the updates...enjoy.jpg

im quoting fivemagic words... 'lets keep this thread alive'

cecil those caps were cool.. TY!

kdramafanusa for the added article.TY!

Guest Jill4675

im quoting fivemagic words... 'lets keep this thread alive'
Thanks, all, for posting new pics/translations/information here and over on the JH thread. I love that he's got his short hair back and looking so good!! :wub:

As far as I'm concerned, there is no danger of this thread dying...I'm looking forward to JH and KMJ together and to what I hope will be an interesting, well-done drama! Jang Hyuk hasn't let us down yet...he'll be good no matter what!! :lol:

B)

Thanks o-cha for posting the photos of Kim Gap Soo as A-Gui, a key figure bringing tragedy and sorrow to our protagonists. The character descriptions lack the part of YoungMin's story, i.e., how he will meet Goni again after turning back from him. I am wondering if Young Min (Kim Min Joon) will be on the side of A-Gui. Then he must be struggling between friendship and professionalism (?). Since the character of Young Min is a new creation in the drama, all is up to the writer now. ;)

Thanks o-cha for posting the photos of Kim Gap Soo as A-Gui, a key figure bringing tragedy and sorrow to our protagonists. The character descriptions lack the part of YoungMin's story, i.e., how he will meet Goni again after turning back from him. I am wondering if Young Min (Kim Min Joon) will be on the side of A-Gui. Then he must be struggling between friendship and professionalism (?). Since the character of Young Min is a new creation in the drama, all is up to the writer now. ;)

I thought I read somewhere that Young Min is A-Gui's nephew? I can't remember where I read it..or if I imagined it hahahaha.

I was trying to do a character relationship chart yesterday but it got too confusing :lol:. I might take another stab at it later on.

I thought I read somewhere that Young Min is A-Gui's nephew? I can't remember where I read it..or if I imagined it hahahaha.

I was trying to do a character relationship chart yesterday but it got too confusing :lol:. I might take another stab at it later on.

Oh..that's right! He is Agui's nephew. Thank you for reminding me of that. ;)

Excellent! You are making the relationship map..It must be a hard work! I will look forward to seeing it, dearie~~~

:w00t::w00t:

Guest fivemagic

Hey wils,

I am sure that Young Min will side with A-Gui, since he is A-Gui's nephew, and of course, he will be an evil character... heehee, since A-Gui is the main villain of the drama... I am sure that Young Min will first be friend with Goni and then later on will turn himself evil.

Hey o-cha,

Yay! I am so happy to hear that you are making the relationship map... can't wait to see it.

Archived