Temp Hair Dye On Bleached Hair.

xChristineee

Suggestions?
I'm gonna get bleach blonde/platinum blonde highlights this summer.

I love changing my haircolor from time to time (: (like on month pink, the next leave it blonde)

So I was wondering if I used temporary hair dyes on the bleached parts, would it still damage my hair?

I also would like to know if bleaching it would be very damaging, or not. [My hair's been dyed twice already]

(I'm gonna get it bleached at a salon)

Guest eatmegan

oh wow, that is alot of dying.

it would definitely damage your hair even more.

but it also depends on the person. if you have really nice, strong hair that doesnt get damaged easily, then i guess it would be ok. but im pretty sure your hair will still be damaged.

Guest Razorlight

I did that! and my hair is/was completely fine.

Bleach is always damaging, but as long as you leave enough time between each bleaching process, it should be fine.

I used Manic Panic when dying my hair odd colours, and it conditions your hair. So I think it should be fine to layer that without damaging your hair. But bleaching out the colour all the time, may hurt it. I would keep the colour changing (as in bleaching it, to get a new colour) to every couple months or so.

Guest forgottenmemories

Bleaching is gonna really damage your hair, especially if you're going for platinum blonde. You'll notice that your hair structure will change right after you've bleached it.

As for temp hair-dyes (my brother is doing the exact same thing as you are doing right now), but the thing is, the dye will rub off on your pillows and clothes. Its a big hassle, my brother has to redye his hair every two weeks or the color will fade to a really ugly green, you won't get the original platinum blonde you've dyed/bleached back. And his hair is slowly dying, it looks like a big mess when he doesn't put gel in it.

Guest ginger

Temps don't damage your hair--they coat the strand and they don't chemically change the structure at all. <_< So people saying it will ruin your hair might not have all the 411 on hair dye.

I've used temps (for crazy reds and such) on bleached hair before--no harm at all.

-ginger

Guest skye.

If you use temporary dye on bleach, it won't really damage your hair. Afterall, it is TEMPORARY.

Warning : If you use temporary dye on bleached hair, after your temporary dye fades off, your bleached hair will have a different color. Like I bleached my hair and then dyed it blue. After the blue faded, my hair turned this ugly green color.

Guest xsmitten

I think it would be fine.. the colour might be weird when it fades.

And yeahh.. becareful if you're dying your hair blue.. it'll fade to green!

Archived