Sony PSP Thread

Guest Dah_jOkA

Guest darkbahamut

most of the time my PSP is collecting dust.

i should have gotten the DS instead because now that i think of it, if you want to watch a movie or listen to music or view pics you can do it on an ipod. and plus games on the PSP is limited, where as the DS has heaps more games, they are so cute as well. =='

i dont think my parents will let me sell it, so im just going to use my PSP as much as i can so its not a waste and then save up money and wait until nintendo come up with another console. ^^

PSP is facing a game drought in the States. If you play Asia games though, dayummm..... some are fun.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody want to recommend some PSP games to me? I've already played Ygg Union, The Warriors, Metal Gear series, Monster Hunters, GTA, Crisis Core, Disgaea, Loco Roco, Valk Profile, FFTactics, dunno what else I should try.

Guest Bby-GIE

PSP is facing a game drought in the States. If you play Asia games though, dayummm..... some are fun.

oh ok. Have any good recomendations?

i currently have only a few and i'm actually having trouble find good ones.

Guest darkbahamut

oh ok. Have any good recomendations?

i currently have only a few and i'm actually having trouble find good ones.

The question is, what are you interested it? What genre? What I like might not necessarily be what you like.

CFW. Custom Firmware

3k is the new models coming out (or already out in Japan, I don't know).

@ Gerald, no. Yggra is WAY TOO HARD.

Normal mode is hard, but not way too hard. That's what hard mode is for, hence the name. haha. You just gotta know how to use those unions without the enemy using them against you. Yggdra Union is definitely the hardest game I've played in a long time, but also very enjoyable. Really though, anyone who hasn't played Silver Surfer on the NES doesn't know what a hard game actually is. haha

On another note, Firmware 5.00 just came out a few days ago. Also, Dark Alex released custom firmware 5.00 m33. I just upgraded mine to 5.00 m33 and it seems to be working great so far.

Also, there's no way I'm paying $60+ for Dissidia. That's way too much for even an import PSP game. I don't get why Square feels they're entitled to making their games 25% more expensive than other company's games.

There are some new stuff that I've seen on youtube. I like it.

Sidenote, new games I'm waiting for:

Gundam VS Gundam

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

FF: Dissidea

KH: Birth By Sleep.

:ph34r:

*EDIT* Clazziquai has only 2, 4,5 and 6 buttons. Hmmm... I can't even handle 8 >_<

Just saw this and wanted to take an opportunity to answer your questions. Myself, I've been modding my PSP for 2 years now. Unlocking the PSP can be considered both complciated AND risky. Of course, it also depends on your PSP model AND the motherboard of your PSP. And yes, bricking it does void the warranty. However, "bricking" doesn't seem to exist anymore since it can be reversable. PSP can emulate GBA, SNES and N64 ( I believe). I'm not too sure about the rest of the systems because I don't emulate those on my PSP. PSP games are downloadable, yes, I do that. A lot. Memory sticks increase in size each year. Back then, a 1 Gb cost $70. Now you can get a 8gb for the same price. Yeah I feel jipped but whatever. The largest memory stick right now is 16gb. It's expensive though. I like using SanDisk brands. They seem to offset others in terms of transfer speed. As to where you want to buy it, depends on your area I guess. Some tips about PSP hacking, it's better to learn yourself than to rely on others. Know the functions of your custom firmware or else you WILL suffer, in a funny way :). I always like to keep up to date with custom firmware and as well as other homebrew programs that might be useful to me, although I barely use them. Any other questions? Feel free to PM me.

You probably know this but the days of hacking today is so much more easier than compared to the early days...which I actually enjoy over now since you actually had to work in order get your PSP hacked. Now all you need is a mem and pandora and poof you're free.

The PSP can emulate

Nintendo

Super Nintendo

Gameboy Color

Gameboy Advance

Sega Genesis

Sega CD

Nintendo 64 (slow)

Playstation 1 (built in by Sony but hacked by devs to play own games)

and even PSP games...meaning...once it's hacked, you can dl games online (via torrent) and play away...you damn pirates..

Also, many PSP users that want to get into the hacking now WILL find it hard as there's so much information to cycle through just to find what you want.

Guest darkbahamut

You probably know this but the days of hacking today is so much more easier than compared to the early days...which I actually enjoy over now since you actually had to work in order get your PSP hacked. Now all you need is a mem and pandora and poof you're free.

The PSP can emulate

Nintendo

Super Nintendo

Gameboy Color

Gameboy Advance

Sega Genesis

Sega CD

Nintendo 64 (slow)

Playstation 1 (built in by Sony but hacked by devs to play own games)

and even PSP games...meaning...once it's hacked, you can dl games online (via torrent) and play away...you damn pirates..

Also, many PSP users that want to get into the hacking now WILL find it hard as there's so much information to cycle through just to find what you want.

Yeah I know. I had the older PSP before getting the 2000. I still remember the first time I DOWNGRADED from 2.01 to 1.50 XD. Devhook ftw?

Oh man. Devhook hella for the win. That was revolutionary...The days of playing 2.60 games on 1.50 via devhook. How freakin' awesome. I remember being scared to update to CFW's. I did it once I saw it on my friend's PSP while he was playing Chrono Cross for PS1. I was like..omg...I gotta go cfw NAAAOOOOo!!

Guest MUGETSU

Normal mode is hard, but not way too hard. That's what hard mode is for, hence the name. haha. You just gotta know how to use those unions without the enemy using them against you. Yggdra Union is definitely the hardest game I've played in a long time, but also very enjoyable. Really though, anyone who hasn't played Silver Surfer on the NES doesn't know what a hard game actually is. haha

On another note, Firmware 5.00 just came out a few days ago. Also, Dark Alex released custom firmware 5.00 m33. I just upgraded mine to 5.00 m33 and it seems to be working great so far.

Also, there's no way I'm paying $60+ for Dissidia. That's way too much for even an import PSP game. I don't get why Square feels they're entitled to making their games 25% more expensive than other company's games.

I got the Viper Yggdra Union but it won't work on my 3.71M33-4. Does that mean I need to upgrade my CFW?

I already beat the game on GBA but I want to play it again on my PSP lol

Guest darkbahamut

Wait so you started with 3.03 OE or with 2.71 CE? I think I started with 3.03 OE-A2

Started with 2.71 SE XD. I think I was at 3.52M33 before I decided to sell my phat and get a slim. Currently at 4.00 M33-2. Firmware 5.00 M33 is out, but I don't feel the need to use it. I only upgraded from 3.71 M33 to 4.00 was because of Phantasy Star Portable.

I got the Viper Yggdra Union but it won't work on my 3.71M33-4. Does that mean I need to upgrade my CFW?

I already beat the game on GBA but I want to play it again on my PSP lol

Yggdra Union requires a firmware version of at least 3.95 to play. So you will have to upgrade to at least 4.01 custom firmware to play Yggdra Union.

Guest darkbahamut

Just got DJ Max Clazziquai last night and been playing since. I miss the Forte Escape songs.

I was really hoping End of Moonlgiht was still in there...oh well. Glad they included Blythe and Oblivion. I really like The Clear Blue Sky. Can't beat it properly on 6B though :rolleyes:

yeah clazziquai is out, i've been waiting so long :wacko: . Finally dusted off the old psp (it actually had dust on it).

Does anyone know what the network option allows? online playing or just downloading some stuff?

Archived