[drama 2008] You Are My Destiny 너는 내 운명

Guest Soy

Guest Kron11

As much as I love watching YAMD, things are getting way out of hand. I can understand the need to keep the drama up for another 25+ eps, but all the evil witches have made these last few episodes a chore to watch. It's not enjoyable seeing the lead suffer this long. Give me a break with some extended happy times please.

It's hard to imagine how they can possibly put HS and SB together by the end when so much venom and scheming has taken place. How is Hosae's mom going to make peace (highly unlikely with that vile personality) after all that meddling to ram Soobin into her son's life and harassing SB? Talk about a mother-in-law from hell. SB has got to be some seriously big hearted and forgiving soul to not remember the onslaught of threats and indignities.

And Soobin, her mother and grandmother are all supposed to magically redeem themselves believably? Not.

Let SB have some genuine joy. None of this fleeting 2 min appreciation about getting adopted and then pile on the misery with more attacks at home and work. Ugh. Enough is enough.

One of the fears I have is that nothing will change for the better until 2 episodes before an abrupt finale and then we don't ever get to see HS and SB actually being a happy couple. You know, like they finally get married and it ends at the ceremony. Credits roll.

As far as Do Young being SB. No. Writers need to not go there. At all. It's emotionally stronger if the Kim family adopts a total stranger without a history and accepts her the way she is. Making SB the long lost daughter would cheapen the whole experience and Young Sook's journey from hating SB to loving her unconditionally.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Kron11 about how SB cannot be Do Young. That would just be a shortcut to make everybody that presently hate her have to accept her at the end. SB is doing great by herself gaining people's trust and love. I also hope that they do not make a short happy ending. Hopefully when Sb and Hose do get together and marry, the few last episodes will be devoted to them enjoying it without any interfering.

As for Soobin, she really is a great character. I hate her but I also pity her. Scheming and lying all the time and still slow enough to believe that if she perseveres, Hose will eventually accept her. She is so clingy, but I think she just takes after her mother, blind about everybody else's issues and feeling.

The only person that I totally dislike throughout this whole show is Soobin's mother. With the grandmother and MJ, I could see why they act the way that they do. They have not really interacted with SB at all, no moments for bonding to see how good she is because they were both biased against her from the beginning. With MJ, she is annoying but she thinks that SB is a gold digger out to seduce her son, so I see the reason behind her mean actions. She really didn't like Soobin that much in the beginning anyways but then Soobin won her over with all of her lies. So she is on Soobin's side. She has never interacted with SB personally like her husband or Dae Goo. Both of them have met her personally without bias in mind like MJ so they actually know the real her and like her.

Can't believe that we are barely halfway through the series, so many things have happened but also things have not progressed that much. I really don't know how much more they are going to make SB suffer but she is strong and she has most of her new family and hose to watch out for her. So funny that Soobin and MJ thought that sending SB to Russia would solve all the problems. Hose is standing up to his parents more and he has acknowledged his feelings for SB to her and to himself. He knows for sure that he does not love Soobin and as of right now, probably do not respect her either. Even removing SB would not make him turn to Soobin.

I am kinds getting tired of the longing looks and touches. At least we will get a hug tomorrow, as weird as the hug will be. I Can't wait.

Guest mls312

I've been a silent viewer for a couple of years and enjoying reading everyone's input...but had to post because there's a little discrepancy to Soobin's plot of sending SB to Russia that I am not grasping.

How can Soobin and MJ send SB to Russia if she is just an intern? In one of the episodes they informed all the interns that they had 3 months to show the company that they had the qualities to work for the company before hiring on a permanent basis. Does this mean SB finished her internship and was hired as a permanent employee? Wouldn't making the transfer to work in Russia prolong the 3 month internship period? Wouldn't the other two interns protests agains this "favoritism" because they were not offered the same options?

Maybe this could be the loophole Hose can use to stop SB's transfer to Russia.

And lastly...I want to thank everyone for making this drama accessible for all of us: the links, the summaries, the pictures! THANK YOU!!!!

Guest kawaiiyuki2

question, how do u guys watch this live? kbs website?

To answer your question, some people who are korean or know korean watch it without subs and 'live' (the day it is board cast). But on KBS website the full episodes can't be watched. However, they do post the previews of the following episode. Therefore some member, like me on this forum check out the main site to get an idea of what will happen next so we can always join in with the current conversation.

It's fantastic how crazy they've made Soobin. It is totally hilarious. I do think Soobin knows that she is crazy because every once in a while she will chastise herself for stooping so low or going too far or chasing after a guy who doesn't want her. She really is a great character. I think she's the best mean, rich, beautiful, jealous, tall, good family, but not going to get the guy, girl I've seen yet in a Kdrama.

I absolutely love it that the writers don't make the audience wait to see Soobin suffer. It's not just the things that Soobin does to SB, the language and the words that she uses are so harsh. I love seeing her suffer and get really crazy. This is a good drama.

I do agree the actress that plays her is doing a great job, Oh yeah, the actress was also in the drama 'Golden bride' she played a similar character to this one but not that evil. Oh how i hate soobin so much... Even if the writers don't want her to suffer to much i'm sure the audience would like to see her suffer of what she did... MAybe have her boyfriend for the rest of the drama...?? :ph34r:

What punishment do you guys think she should get?

Guest jbigdog123

What punishment do you guys think she should get?

Just non-stop humiliation, perhaps 50 episodes worth, nothing much. :)

THKZ !! Karaoke scenes are fun !! Saebuk yearning for a family finally come true !!!

epi 74... while clearing the laundry SoYoung found a watch and wonder / admiring who it belongs to.... she slip into her apron and went on to do other errants...... this watch belongs to Yuli...........

Guest damifino

As far as Do Young being SB. No. Writers need to not go there. At all. It's emotionally stronger if the Kim family adopts a total stranger without a history and accepts her the way she is. Making SB the long lost daughter would cheapen the whole experience and Young Sook's journey from hating SB to loving her unconditionally.

The family DID adopt a total stranger without a history and accepted her the way she is. Adopting a woman of 23-24 years of age isn't something normal Korean families do... in fact, I would say that it's almost unheard of. The fact that they did shows Young Sook's unconditional love for Saebyuk. Even if they found out later on that Saebyuk is Do Young, that doesn't change this fact that they loved Saebyuk as a daughter before they found out about who she really is.

I've been a silent viewer for a couple of years and enjoying reading everyone's input...but had to post because there's a little discrepancy to Soobin's plot of sending SB to Russia that I am not grasping.

How can Soobin and MJ send SB to Russia if she is just an intern?

In the latest episode, Saebyuk was informed that she has been hired as a regular employee. I'm not sure if this was done by Mrs. Kang in order to send her abroad or if it was because Saebyuk's design was chosen as the one that they are going to produce.

In the latest episode, Saebyuk was informed that she has been hired as a regular employee. I'm not sure if this was done by Mrs. Kang in order to send her abroad or if it was because Saebyuk's design was chosen as the one that they are going to produce.

Thanks again for your sharing your knowledge of Korean. I suspected something of the sort when the two guys cheered SaeByuk while the girl looked disgruntled. It's nice to definitely learn that SaeByuk did get hired on early as a permanent employee.

It's great to see SaeByuk get so many benefits from SooBin's malicious plan, especially when I KNOW that the plan will fail. SaeByuk has been adopted, made a permanent employee, and will have HoSae's open physical demonstration of love at Lohas in tomorrow's episode. I can't wait to see how spectacularly SooBin and MinJung's plan will fail.

I's gratifying to see Subin suffer from her own wrongdoings. She gets hurt as much as SB because her evil plans bounce back to her. She is capable of doing the worse to SB ... she even dared scare SB by side swiping her when she learned that HS followed SB to the orphanage & then saw them together when HS dropped SB home. She is now consumed by her jealousy & pride ... she could turn into a "bunny boiler" if HS continues to ignore her & completely jilts her.

SB feels some kind of resentment towards her unknown biological parents. She felt abandoned when she learned no one ever looked for her in the 20 years that she has been lost. If she finds out that Daejin & Youngsuk are her birth parents, she might entertain a little bitterness but the burden of the revelation will be on the mother who will feel guilty for not doing enough to find the body of her thought-to-be drowned daughter ... she might again slide back to depression. But SB's presence will see her through.

But I'd rather see SB as a different person, not Doyoung. And because of her pure heart, sunny & childlike disposition, Younsuk sees in her the sweet, harmless & innocent nature of her lost daughter. She's not only reliving the memory of Dayoung, but she has also provided the love & care SB needed & a home that she dreamt of having. SB on the other hand fills up the void that Doyoung & Nayoung left in the heart of their mother. This makes the bonding between SB & YS twice stronger.

Guest Kron11

The family DID adopt a total stranger without a history and accepted her the way she is. Adopting a woman of 23-24 years of age isn't something normal Korean families do... in fact, I would say that it's almost unheard of. The fact that they did shows Young Sook's unconditional love for Saebyuk. Even if they found out later on that Saebyuk is Do Young, that doesn't change this fact that they loved Saebyuk as a daughter before they found out about who she really is.

The bonus points scenario you mentioned is a big vibe changer to me. I get that all will be well in either case, but validating her as a biologically matched offspring sends the wrong type of message. Keeping in mind this is all fictional, but every orphan in Kdrama land who'll never be reunited with their dna family would get sucker punched in the end -- being related by blood is still better and more legitimate.

With the way things have gone (slowly) so far, it wouldn't surprise me if SB is Do Young though. My protest is therapy for the eventual letdown. The writers will pander and go for the waterworks direction.

Guest avonmarissa

In episode 74, when they go to the noraebang(sp?), the grandmother sings a song. The name of that song would be greatly appreciated if anyone here is familiar with that song. Thanks in advance.

hmm .. i think the saebyuk moving to russia situation relates to "likeable or not's danpung ssiii when she was threatened to breakup with baekho or else she'll move into the states.

i think saebyuk's situation will be a you-better-transfer-or-else-you're-fired kinda thing ...

Oooh, I think you're right. I forgot about that from LON. To get rid of a troublesome, unwanted suitor just send them abroad. It didn't work in LON and I doubt it'll work here either.

Hi Uni33

You're right.Soobin's a great character to play in this series..and the actress is really good.

Are the names she calls SB that bad?......could you please give some examples if they're not too vulgar? :mellow:

It's not so much name calling as insults. Soobin refers to SB as something lower than herself and will remind SB that she is nothing. Next time she says something rude to SB, I'll post it for you. Sorry I can't be specific but I don't remember what episodes Soobin was really harsh as opposed to just mean and rude.

The bonus points scenario you mentioned is a big vibe changer to me. I get that all will be well in either case, but validating her as a biologically matched offspring sends the wrong type of message. Keeping in mind this is all fictional, but every orphan in Kdrama land who'll never be reunited with their dna family would get sucker punched in the end -- being related by blood is still better and more legitimate.

With the way things have gone (slowly) so far, it wouldn't surprise me if SB is Do Young though. My protest is therapy for the eventual letdown. The writers will pander and go for the waterworks direction.

I'm pretty sure that she will end up being DY. Blood relations are still very important in korea and asians in general. I think they're trying to say that even though she never knew her parents and her parents never knew her, somehow, because they are related by blood, there are ties that bind them together and allow them to recognize each other and feel an affinity for each other. That is the way that a lot of Koreans think and although I may not agree with it 100%, I am not going to judge. And quite frankly, it's not just asians that feel this way, that's why there are sayings like, "blood is thicker than water," "blood will tell," etc. I don't think it cheapens the ending. This is a korean drama, geared for a korean audience, naturally they will have an ending that will be what most koreans think is right.

Archived