Is It Strange For Non-christians To Wear Cross Jewelry?

Guest すみ☆

Guest すみ☆

//added a poll ~ vote vote
I think this goes here.. if not, then my bad. ^^;

Do you think it's strange/not right for a non-Christian to wear crosses for the style/looks?

Like the cross earrings, necklaces, etc...?

--------- edit;;

added a poll. o.o; maybe I should've done that first.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sharaii

I've always wondered that! I'm not Christian, but I find a lot of cross jewelry to be really pretty. I wanted to buy this pair of cross earrings once, but then in the end, I decided not to. :mellow:

Guest KOGEPANN;)

I almost converted into a christian by my cousin,

whn she asked me to come church with her.

Almost.

But ever since then, I've had a strange urge to buy a cross necklace or earrings..

Guest ithinkitslove

I do think it's a tad bit strange, but I don't mind if people do.. although i'm catholic XD

isn't jaejoong from dbsk an athiest or something? but he wears cross earrings :P

Guest Aesthetic_Chinese

Technically im not christian, because my mom still makes me practice buddahist stuff, but

when i call myself christian.

I love my cross earnings.

i dont like wearing the necklace becuase EVERYONE has it. so i wanna be different =].

Guest minwoo012

Personally.. i think it's more funny.. if you're atheist or believe in another religion...

why would you go around with the most meaningful and powerful physical representation of Christianity

hung around your neck or dangling from your ears?

kind of ironic : P but people still do it.

Guest ★★★

yeah i'm agnostic and i still wear things with crosses and stuff...whatever lol

i have a few atheist friends that do it as well,its just a symbol why should it matter who wears it?

Guest peachesapples123

I don't think that it should be all that bad...But if it were me, I wouldn't. I don't know, I'm just like that. Lol

Guest sushiwhore

my mom told me religion isn't and shouldn't be mixed in with fashion so she doesn't want me to wear any. o_o i woudl love to wear some but i guess she does have a point

yeah i'm agnostic and i still wear things with crosses and stuff...whatever lol

i have a few atheist friends that do it as well,its just a symbol why should it matter who wears it?

I think you used the word symbol in the wrong context.

my mom told me religion isn't and shouldn't be mixed in with fashion so she doesn't want me to wear any. o_o i woudl love to wear some but i guess she does have a point

Yeah, you know that saying "a bread crumb and fish" in replacement for A&F

My non-religious friends wear crosses. They don't really care.

Guest 쌀국수

Technically im not christian, because my mom still makes me practice buddahist stuff, but

when i call myself christian.

I love my cross earnings.

i dont like wearing the necklace becuase EVERYONE has it. so i wanna be different =].

They sell swastika earrings, too. I have a swastika ring and was going to buy some earrings. But the only problem is, you can basically only wear it in Asia without getting weird looks.

It has long been known as a religious symbol and it will always remain in that sense too.

Wearing it as a fashion statement is somewhat awkward, but not something I'm entirely against.

People should feel free to wear whatever they want. :P

Guest cherry-xo

haha i wear crosses all the time! just cause it looks cool lol. well i go to a catholic church and was baptized but i dont believe in it. anyways who is actually gonna care or know?

Guest INSANE

Cross jewellery are different to crucifixes.

Anyone can wear what they want. But I believe only Christians should be able to wear crucifixes.

i agree.

Guest online

I like the cross necklace ppl wear so i bought myself one, when i went schhool to wear it..my friend who's christian says ''why are you wearing that you're not a christian''

haha so that puts me off wearing it now :tears:

Guest Miss Vivienne

I also heard the Swastika sign backwards is the Buddhist sign.

More like vise versa.

The Buddhist sign backwards is the Swastika. -_-

Blah. I mean, what if you going around wearing a Buddhist

sign and someone accuses you of being a Nazi. O_O

Archived