[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

Guest mizzlinhie

There are 2 possibilities to the ending here.

1. CG was just sick from something she ate and the Queen's comment just all the more made it seem like she actually was pregnant.

ie. Someone with a large body is walking around with their hand protectively on their stomache and another person comes along and congratulates them on a baby *end scene without fat person correcting the other person that she is not in fact pregnant but a large body*

2. The season ends with CG actually being pregnant but because this is a possible spoiler for Season 2, she deflects by saying that CG must have eaten something bad or gotten sick when asked in 1.5 whether she was pregnant. She would not be talking about herself to answer the question, it wouldn't make sense.

*Note* Season 2 was announced before Season 1 finished and the details were not fine tuned at the time 1.5 was filmed and aired. Protecting a possible story line or event in Season 2 is very much a possibility

I personally think that the intention was to give people the idea that CG was pregnant (supported by the bears holding the baby) and live happily ever after. But the fact that there is a Season 2 and YEH's comment on 1.5 leave us somewhat confused because it contradicts all the signs. Basically they have left it as an open ending up for your own interpretation. Season 2 will definitively answer the question - but come on guys, I'm all for the Shin&CG couple pairing but don't you guys think that they are a little too young (and immature in CG's case) to have a baby? (Btw I haven't read the comic so if a baby is on the cards who knows?) Just don't be too disappointed if there isn't a baby, you know there will be one eventually

Lolz I agree with what you're saying but I don't think they're immature :) Shin is very mature for his age since he has been educated alot in the palace since he was young. Chaegyung seems to be immature at the beginning but as she moved into the palace, she learn to be more mature and she has learned to be a good crown princess and a wife. But Chaegyung still seems to be a little silly sometimes :) i love her silliness <3. I can't immagine how Chaegyung would handles a baby lolz, that'll be so KUTEEE and FUN :lol: Maybe If something happens to the current Queen, Shin might have to take over the crown again, then Shin and Chaegyung would probably need to have a future crown prince :D Likes grandma said women in the palace give birth at a very age. :phew: who knows what will happens...anything could possibly happens lolz. Can't wait for Season 2, all questions will be answer by then! :sweatingbullets:

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jhing

My guess is, CG is NOT pregnant. :lol: I want her to be pregnant but it's just impossible esp. if it's really true that she's been staying in Macau for 6 months before Shin paid her a visit. I mean, if she was pregnant then a bump on her tummy would at least show, right? hehehe

And even if they did it when Shin followed her in Macau, (her vomiting) was just too early of a symptom that a baby was conceived. Unless, Shin went to visit her in Macau in secret. Say, a few weeks after she's left the palace? :lol: Did what I just wrote make any sense? hahahaha

Guest hsinyi069

GOONG on MBC again!!

<궁>편성

작성일 _ 2006-05-09 작성자 _ 운영자 조회수 _ 655

<궁>을 다음주부터 방송합니다.

시작일 : 5월 16일 화요일 23:10

1st Epi starting at 23:10 on Tuesday May 16th

편성일 : 매주 화~금, 밤 11:10

Everything Tuesday throught Friday at 11:10 at night

많은 시청 바랍니다.

info from:http://www.mbcdramanet.com/lounge1/read.asp?uid=1430&page=1§ors=dl01&sstring=&sfield0=&sfield1=&sfield2=&sfield3=&sfield5

credit koreanwind

Guest Cuervo Gold

Just wondering, do you think the reason why Shin didnt become the king was because of Goong 2? I mean, if he ended up being the king in Season 1, then there'd be nothing much left for season 2. Perhaps his sister would realize her true calling and do more volunteer work abroad.

The end of the drama did seem a little abrupt, with the king and queen moving to the countryside and the sister becoming the queen. I think the queen deserves more from her husband. hahaha!

I dunno.. Just thinking out loud....

Guest pazong

hi everyone..first time posting in here...i just recently finished watching this drama and omg...it was sooo good...didn't know there was going to be a second season...but can't wait for that...i'm lovin' all the pics in this thread also...everyone lookin' good...especially joo ji hoon!!! :D :blush:

Guest lariest

Just wondering, do you think the reason why Shin didnt become the king was because of Goong 2? I mean, if he ended up being the king in Season 1, then there'd be nothing much left for season 2. Perhaps his sister would realize her true calling and do more volunteer work abroad.

The end of the drama did seem a little abrupt, with the king and queen moving to the countryside and the sister becoming the queen. I think the queen deserves more from her husband. hahaha!

I dunno.. Just thinking out loud....

Agree with you on the abrupt ending...

oh ya...i was just wondering out of curiousity, do all korean students graduate from high school at 19? coz i know most schools from other countries graduate at 17-18...

and what is the legal adult age in korea?

also in the manhwa, their age was 17...any idea y the director decide to change it to 19 instead?

Guest sweet_treats1812

Just wanted to mention, just in case it hasn't been posted in this thread.

YA Entertainment (YesAsia) will be english subbing Goong. They're gonna start working on it in a couple of weeks! Yay!! I'm excited.

thanks for the heads up! hopefully it'll be out by the end of this year~ dang, i better start saving...

Ya they sure are doing a good job at keeping us in suspense...tho it'd be nice to see some intimate scenes btw YEH & JJH b4 she gets pregnant (yes i know im a big time perv lol :blush: )

Wow...so lucky of u get to be in the same shop with her...so close to her...sigh... :rolleyes:

they wont show us the intimate scenes in kdrama...esp the genre is Romantic comedy....

bside shin not suprised seeing cg vomitting...i bet they already did it :phew: ...but i think they dun need to described it on the screen from A-Z....hohoho :lol:

Guest sunshine4ever

pennyloo, omg, I'm so sorry, I wanted to reply to your message, but I don't have time right now. I hope you'll still be around. I'll be watching more of this drama again after next week. I'll definitely reply to your message, hope you will stick around by then!!! I love Shin!!! YES!! You're right about rewatching..gosh..I personally feel like I'm "illegally" lol addicting to this drama when I'm supposed to be studying!

QUESTION: Guys, I have some questions about this drama. Like for instance, I think it was in episode 8 that Shin and Yul were playing Polo (or some game with riding horse) and Shin suddenly pushed Yul while riding. Both of them fell down and Shin was really mad with CG when she came to Yul's side when Yul got hurt. I was just wondering why Shin doesn't want CG to be with Yul? I mean, I thought Shin and Yul were good cousins?! Be back for more questions. If anyone could please answer me, I would appreciate you so much. I'm so sorry to ask random questions, my thoughts are so random right now. I need time to focus on my questions, unfortunately I'm crazy right now due to the assignments I have in hand.

Oh and thank you to those who posted pictures!!! I love them!!! Thank you for posting them.

YA Entertainment (YesAsia) will be english subbing Goong. They're gonna start working on it in a couple of weeks! Yay!! I'm excited.

Oh wow, this is awesome..maybe it's time to save up!!! I was disappointed that the official one doesn't have English subs. This drama should be subbed! And it is! Yay.

There are 2 possibilities to the ending here.

1. CG was just sick from something she ate and the Queen's comment just all the more made it seem like she actually was pregnant.

ie. Someone with a large body is walking around with their hand protectively on their stomache and another person comes along and congratulates them on a baby *end scene without fat person correcting the other person that she is not in fact pregnant but a large body*

2. The season ends with CG actually being pregnant but because this is a possible spoiler for Season 2, she deflects by saying that CG must have eaten something bad or gotten sick when asked in 1.5 whether she was pregnant. She would not be talking about herself to answer the question, it wouldn't make sense.

*Note* Season 2 was announced before Season 1 finished and the details were not fine tuned at the time 1.5 was filmed and aired. Protecting a possible story line or event in Season 2 is very much a possibility

I personally think that the intention was to give people the idea that CG was pregnant (supported by the bears holding the baby) and live happily ever after. But the fact that there is a Season 2 and YEH's comment on 1.5 leave us somewhat confused because it contradicts all the signs. Basically they have left it as an open ending up for your own interpretation. Season 2 will definitively answer the question - but come on guys, I'm all for the Shin&CG couple pairing but don't you guys think that they are a little too young (and immature in CG's case) to have a baby? (Btw I haven't read the comic so if a baby is on the cards who knows?) Just don't be too disappointed if there isn't a baby, you know there will be one eventually

Hi, I like your ideas!! Actually I have to rewatch the whole thing. I've been watching so much, but I skipped a lot still. Gotta put some time down for this drama. :lol: After next week I should have time because my finals will be over next week. I don't think she's pregnant. They never seemed to have sex lol so there's no way they would have the baby. Haha. Probably just some joke at the end! Besides, she stayed in Macau (China right?) for a while or something so there's no way she would have slept with him in advance to be pregnant.

By the way, I saw glimpses of the Goong 1.5 Special. I wonder if there's going to be English subtitles for this. Shin's so cute in it lol...I want to know what he commented each time they were having the NG and the making.

Agree with you on the abrupt ending...

oh ya...i was just wondering out of curiousity, do all korean students graduate from high school at 19? coz i know most schools from other countries graduate at 17-18...

and what is the legal adult age in korea?

also in the manhwa, their age was 17...any idea y the director decide to change it to 19 instead?

Yeah, me too, kind of shocked me that they're still in high school even though they're 19. Maybe they're supposedly 18 in official paper? Only because it showed their year in the paper, but by mouth they were refered to be one year older? No ideas. Any one know? Want to entertain us? We would love to learn about Korean culture.

Guest mizzlinhie

QUESTION: Guys, I have some questions about this drama. Like for instance, I think it was in episode 8 that Shin and Yul were playing Polo (or some game with riding horse) and Shin suddenly pushed Yul while riding. Both of them fell down and Shin was really mad with CG when she came to Yul's side when Yul got hurt. I was just wondering why Shin doesn't want CG to be with Yul? I mean, I thought Shin and Yul were good cousins?! Be back for more questions. If anyone could please answer me, I would appreciate you so much. I'm so sorry to ask random questions, my thoughts are so random right now. I need time to focus on my questions, unfortunately I'm crazy right now due to the assignments I have in hand.

By the way, I saw glimpses of the Goong 1.5 Special. I wonder if there's going to be English subtitles for this. Shin's so cute in it lol...I want to know what he commented each time they were having the NG and the making.

I think Shin was mad at Chaegyung for running to Yul instead of him because he was jealous. After all Shin is Chaegyung's husband not Yul. Would you be jealous if you're in Shin's situation? Just imagine if you're playing a game with your cousin and both of you got hurt, then your wife/husband ran to your cousin and not you. How would you feel? I would lolz. Shin is just jealous , he's so kutee :lol:

And by the way With S2 subbing team is subbing Goong Special 1.5 but it's currently pending . :tears: Thank you With S2 for subbing this for us :)

Guest usyagitntn

Hi everyone

It's been a long time sinece the last time I've posted in this thread I have somewhat turned into a silent reader now :lol: YAY the news that YesAsia will be subbing Goong just brightened up my day. I hope they include director's cut and practically everything related to Goong with Eng sub.. may be I'm asking too much here ^^; I'd better start saving up too, hoping that it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg for the box set... but as long as it's worth it I don't mind. I was so tempted when the original limited edition one came out. It looks sooo nice!!!!!

The news that MBC is airing Goong again reminds me of someone's suggestion as Goong season 1 was coming to an end that we Goongers should rewatch 2 eps on Wed and Thurs( holidays for Goongers:D) and keep the thread alive. But I'm pretty sure that many of us have watched the whole series at least twice and our favourite eps/scenes so many times that you can recite the dialogues and everything. It's now May already and all the casts are confirmed..well at least for the main actors/actresses. I hope all the supporting casts come back too. Love to see some more interactions between them.

Thank you everyone who has posted pics, MVs, news and everything related to Goong to keep the thread alive!! :D

Guest miimisunshine

YAY!! now i can tell my mom what i want to this years christmas !! yes....i hope they include everything!!

Guest ikesan

Now its my turn to experience the famous Goong withdrawal symptoms :(

I miss Goong... I miss seeing the goofy chae gyung and the cool Shin Goon... :tears::tears::tears:

Guest chigurl

found this pic and i thought it was really funny..

i dont speak or read korean but da pictures speak for themselves...

if anybody can translate it would be great...

finally shin goon has da tables turned on him :lol::lol:

c245.jpg

--CREDIT IMBC

Archived