[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

Guest tinasarangg

finally was able to finish watching this drama after starting it 5 days ago. before watching this, i read mixed reviews w/ this drama...especially when it was extended to 24 episodes. some ppl mentioned they even stopped watching it because it seemed like it started dragging.

my two cents. Goong was way better than i expected. one of my absolute favs now. considering the young actors and them being NEW actors, as well...i was impressed. and, it's a romantic comedy...i cried more while watching this drama than i did w/ Spring Waltz. now, i finally understand all the GOONG crazy, eventho i'm late.

hahaha wow =)

you're faster then me. did you start when goong finish subbing?

i remember waiting anxiously two weeks for every two eps. nonetheless major thanks to the soompi sub team for all their hard work.

to this day (i finished goong like two weeks ago?) i'm still goong-crazed xDD!

<33

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finally was able to finish watching this drama after starting it 5 days ago. before watching this, i read mixed reviews w/ this drama...especially when it was extended to 24 episodes. some ppl mentioned they even stopped watching it because it seemed like it started dragging.

my two cents. Goong was way better than i expected. one of my absolute favs now. considering the young actors and them being NEW actors, as well...i was impressed. and, it's a romantic comedy...i cried more while watching this drama than i did w/ Spring Waltz. now, i finally understand all the GOONG crazy, eventho i'm late.

Maree, hun! Where have ya been? I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Just wish you were here with us when it was still airing. Yes, the drama got mixed reviews, but I'm so happy that many enjoyed it just as much as I have. It is so much better the tenth time around, lol!

It is also great to see that the Goongness is still very alive! Keep the banners and siggies cause S2 is on it's way!

Silent J signing out.

Guest stellabella

ALL GOONG EPISODES HARDSUBBED

HERE

This link wasn't provided on the first page...hope i'm not breaking any rules by posting.

Enjoy!

Guest cheli001

Pennyloo, thanks for the lyrics for goong ost!!!! :D and rewatching goong will definitely make you fall in love with Shin over and over again..... haaayyy... He's so cute in ep 23 when he was telling CG "I Mi-miss you." i loved how he stuttered!! hehehe :blush:

Any way, as for the photos for Ep. 8 (Shin @ attic) i believe it was from her sister.

Guest Kashii

wow, is this coming with Chinese subtitles also? I've seen version like this and the English subtitles is horrible...

Anyway, I just finished the drama...2 weeks I ago I watched Goong on TV and it was around episodes 17-18, I didn't understand anything and I thought Joo Ji Hoon's acting was quite stiff. Anyway thanks to two friends I got to watch this with WITH S2's English translations. I skipped the episodes randomly only because I only like to see Chaegyung and Shin's parts. I also liked Yul... :lol: howver, I was skipping at lot to the point that I didn't understand much of the drama!!! But I still enjoyed it...just yesterday and today I tried hard to watch from episode 1 to episode 24 without skipping and as soon as I understood everything in the drama I found it less draggy and I started to like the cast as well. I think Yoon Eun Hye did a great job in this drama; her acting was just awesome. I love CG almost every single moment of the drama...her crying, her laughing, her joyous and childish self, her mature side, and her love for Shin-gun was just so interesting and hilarious. I love it whenever she tried to make him laugh or smile. And then as I watched the drama again I started to understand everything. I began to appreciate Shin's family more!!! I felt like Shin's a very "controlled", authoritive figure in this drama and for that I hate him, however, his gentleness and his "calmness" in dealing with problems totally won me over. I found Shin an impressive man and although there were remarks that he made that I dislike, somehow, I just felt like he had a great argument..like when Chaegyung was sick in episode 11 and her mother and father wanted to take her home...Shin said that he couldn't let her go because he is now her guardian (or protector) And then she resisted him by saying that she doesn't have to abide to his "allowings", but he told her that in the imperial place the wife has to follow what the husband decides. If you think about it, it might seem harsh the way he stated it just to control her attitudes, however, I find it reasonable because it's the truth that our society is constructed that way where we cannot escape the reality.

Anyway, I have so much more to say, but I really gotta go and do my homework. I might be back in two weeks after my finals and rant more about Shin and Chaegyung!!! This drama sure broke my heart from episodes 18-24. I felt sorry for CG, Shin, and Yul and there were scenes that I cried~ especially scenes with CG missing her mom and dad. :tears:

P.S. seems like the ending is weird, she didn't sleep with him for a while, it's funny that it ended as though she's pregnant or something..lol..

omg you just explained EXACTLY how I feel. I finished watching it this afternoong & wow~ you just used the perfect words to describe Shin & CG!.

Can't wait to read more about your opinion ^_^. And I also cried sooo much watching the last 6 episodes!! so many feelings! ;____; aigoo~~~

What I looove about GOONG is that they always have a funny scene after something sad or tragic! :) it kind of break the ice! hehe~

& Pennyloo thanks for the lyrics!! :D

RANDOM COMPILATION ROMANIZED LYRICS/TRANSLATIONS

*Credits to aheeyah.com and other individuals (sarangminwoo, shelly-yunsuklove*,Jungie) who did all these romanizations and translations!

*Some were taken from the English subtitles (subbed by the HEAVENS SUBBING SQUAD)

- edit -

Yup thats all for today, (thats all i could find from here and there)...Credits to everyone who did all these for us GOONGers... :D

whooaaaaa!!! thank you so much pennyloo.. :w00t:

now i can sing the songs ... :phew:

ev'time i heard the OSTs, straightly remember about Prince Lee Shin hehehehe.. :lol: :blush:

Guest mizzlinhie

The Romanized and Translation of the Lyrics was useful. Thanks alottt pennyloo, now i can try to sing along with the songs :D Listening to the songs just bring back my mood of goong, chaegyung and shin sweet moments :) so kuteee

Well, we'll just have to wait for the subtitled version of goong 1.5 to come out before we know for sure eh?

yes. YEH JOKINGLY said it's because she ate too much.

But it's a JOKE for heaven sake. A JOKE.

The motive for the season1 ending is to keep us ALL in suspense..

So YEH cant possible say "yeah of coz cg is pregnant in the show" She has to cover up or something.

so she jokingly said she ate too much.

common sense tells u, YEH said SHE ate too much. Not Cg ate too much. so what has yeh, herself got to do with the character in the show? she is obviously joking.

And whether cg is pregnant for sure or not, we WILL NOT know until the season2 starts Because the motive of the current ending IS TO KEEP US IN SUSPENSE. DUH -.-

So YEH cant possible say "yeah of coz cg is pregnant in the show" She has to cover up or something.

common sense tells u, YEH said SHE ate too much. Not Cg ate too much. so what has yeh, herself got to do with the character in the show? she is obviously joking.

And whether cg is pregnant for sure or not, we WILL NOT know until the season2 starts Because the motive of the current ending IS TO KEEP US IN SUSPENSE. DUH -.-

i really dun think YEH will frankly say "Yes CG pregnant"...but im sure season 2 will b more focus on CG&Shin relationship as a REAL FAMILY...i really want to c a baby in ssn 2 :D

Guest mizzlinhie

I'm glad you clarified the fact that YEH was just joking about the cause of her vomit is becuz she ate too much :sweatingbullets: I been worryinggg goshhh. I have this big hope in having a lil CG or lil Shin in Season 2!!! Come on PD, we want a baby for the royal family !! :phew:

LOL

(i think) she really did ate too much!

we were in the same egg tart shop buying sandwiches for lunch when YEH came in with some of the other crew to buy their lunches as well... she got like 3-4 fillings mixed into it when ours are like only 2 fillings :ph34r::phew:

after that when we were moving between the scenes (eh... we were following JJH & YEH like next to and behind them..) we saw YEH like spitting something out twice or more... most of us thot she vomitted but really dunno what is exactly wrong with her :sweatingbullets:

that happens to be just before the wedding scene filming...

its still true, not really a joke i guess... but she's speaking for herself instead of CG :)

Guest mizzlinhie

LOL

we were in the same egg tart shop buying sandwiches for lunch when YEH came in with some of the other crew to buy their lunches as well... she got like 3-4 fillings mixed into it when ours are like only 2 fillings :ph34r::phew:

after that when we were moving between the scenes (eh... we were following JJH & YEH like next to and behind them..) we saw YEH like spitting something out twice or more... most of us thot she vomitted but really dunno what is exactly wrong with her :sweatingbullets:

its still true, not really a joke i guess... but she's speaking for herself instead of CG :)

So you mean no one expected that scene?? Even PD doesnt expected that YEH would vomits?? lolz ok im confuse now :lol:

So you mean no one expected that scene?? Even PD doesnt expected that YEH would vomits?? lolz ok im confuse now :lol:

no no... i'm talking abt YEH.. :lol:

the CG vomitting is part of the script for sure, they had quite a few takes for it.. if its impromptu real vomitting by YEH, JJH probably wouldn't know how to react... :ph34r::sweatingbullets:

Ok this is a stupid question but could someone explain to me..???

You know the softsubs (.srt) files right...how come it says With S2??

what does With S2 mean??? I know they look nicer with S2...like bolder and stuff...but is there a diff in format or something like that...how come ppl are so excited and happy that it is with S2??

BTW.....i saw in the fansub wiki that 1.5 special is on translation (pending) status.... :D:D for us!!

oh and to whomever is nice enough to expain the S2 thingie to me...thanks in advance...dumb me...

Guest lariest

Ya they sure are doing a good job at keeping us in suspense...tho it'd be nice to see some intimate scenes btw YEH & JJH b4 she gets pregnant (yes i know im a big time perv lol :blush: )

LOL

Wow...so lucky of u get to be in the same shop with her...so close to her...sigh... :rolleyes:

Guest sowhat

Ok this is a stupid question but could someone explain to me..???

You know the softsubs (.srt) files right...how come it says With S2??

what does With S2 mean??? I know they look nicer with S2...like bolder and stuff...but is there a diff in format or something like that...how come ppl are so excited and happy that it is with S2??

BTW.....i saw in the fansub wiki that 1.5 special is on translation (pending) status.... :D:D for us!!

oh and to whomever is nice enough to expain the S2 thingie to me...thanks in advance...dumb me...

Oh...With S2 are just ANGELS who got kicked out from the above, deciding to make earth their temporary home, and continue their mission to help kdrama addicts like us...Am I making sense here? :lol:

With S2 ( short for Written in the heaven subbing squad) is the name of the subbing squad, they are a group of people like us but dedicate their time and effort in making english sub for various dramas...So here I bow to you, With S2...You guys are just to kool... B)

On the last note, try not to mess with them (by asking for subs, or asking when is the sub releasing...)...Otherwise, you just have to deal with a whole lot crazy, obssesed soompiers, including me... :ph34r:

Oh...With S2 are just ANGELS who got kicked out from the above, deciding to make earth their temporary home, and continue their mission to help kdrama addicts like us...Am I making sense here? :lol:

With S2 ( short for Written in the heaven subbing squad) is the name of the subbing squad, they are a group of people like us but dedicate their time and effort in making english sub for various dramas...So here I bow to you, With S2...You guys are just to kool... B)

On the last note, try not to mess with them (by asking for subs, or asking when is the sub releasing...)...Otherwise, you just have to deal with a whole lot crazy, obssesed soompiers, including me... :ph34r:

Thanks for the reply...oh its the subbing squads name...now i get it...Yup Agreed they are way too cool....

Yups...nonono request/s....yeah get watcha mean....i will also want to bang myself for asking/requesting for subs....=)

Can't wait till the GOONG1.5 special subs to be out....(not requesting) Just informing that it is being translated (pending status)......ooohhh can't wait..

Guest Caveman

There are 2 possibilities to the ending here.

1. CG was just sick from something she ate and the Queen's comment just all the more made it seem like she actually was pregnant.

ie. Someone with a large body is walking around with their hand protectively on their stomache and another person comes along and congratulates them on a baby *end scene without fat person correcting the other person that she is not in fact pregnant but a large body*

2. The season ends with CG actually being pregnant but because this is a possible spoiler for Season 2, she deflects by saying that CG must have eaten something bad or gotten sick when asked in 1.5 whether she was pregnant. She would not be talking about herself to answer the question, it wouldn't make sense.

*Note* Season 2 was announced before Season 1 finished and the details were not fine tuned at the time 1.5 was filmed and aired. Protecting a possible story line or event in Season 2 is very much a possibility

I personally think that the intention was to give people the idea that CG was pregnant (supported by the bears holding the baby) and live happily ever after. But the fact that there is a Season 2 and YEH's comment on 1.5 leave us somewhat confused because it contradicts all the signs. Basically they have left it as an open ending up for your own interpretation. Season 2 will definitively answer the question - but come on guys, I'm all for the Shin&CG couple pairing but don't you guys think that they are a little too young (and immature in CG's case) to have a baby? (Btw I haven't read the comic so if a baby is on the cards who knows?) Just don't be too disappointed if there isn't a baby, you know there will be one eventually

Archived