[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

I was telling Rebby that the article she posted reminded me of the scene where CG showed her friends the video of Shin kissing her while she sleeps.... and Shin half-heartedly told everyone that "It's a misunderstanding" :lol:

But now it's JJH saying "It's a misunderstanding".... kekeke....sounds familiar noh? :lol:

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haven been here for some time cuz kindda buzy these days..exam..

i read on da newspaper today tat china had bought da right to play it soon but---there will be TWO endings @.@

-happy (da one v watched)

-sad (which i feel like watching it)

it oso said tat da ending of goong will be decided by da viewiers through votes. if it is so popular, they might show BOTH endings too #_#

wat bothers me is...... i wanna watch da sad version!!

p/s: i'v backlogged some pages but seem like no news bout this yet.. do correct me if i got da wrong info :)

pp/s: even da korean haven got da chance to watch da sad version T_T

Guest mizzlinhie

no one watchs the sad ending yet :( I really want to watch the sad ending cuz I'm curious lolz. We'll probably cry like a river if we watch the sad ending. But I hope china will show both endings for you guys :D

Guest pinkiiprincess

does anyone know the website that has the MSN emotions/background and stuff of Yoon Eun Hye to download?? i think its some commercial website...but im not sure....

Guest chertan

y cant i dl the 2nd sountrack of goong?? sob everytime i click the dl the webpage disappears!! some kind soul help me... sob.. hate megaload... :( no goong songs le

Guest Cuervo Gold

the kiss in episode 23 seem to have elicited so many comments (both positive and negative). I hope the people behind the series do not take out such "hot scenes" in Goong 2. :P

I haven't seen the Manhwa for this series. Is the end of the Manhwa and the series the same? :)

Guest sunshine4ever

I have question, all the cast will be in GOONG 2 right? That includes Yul and Hyorin?

Thanks Rebby for the translation!!! I'll read all of it after my finals. lol.

original Goong DVD no longer availalbe at Yesasia!

Palace aka: Princess Hours Limited Edition (MBC TV Series)

This product is out of print and no longer available from the publisher.

Other sources still selling:

http://www.eclickkorea.com/shop3/skin/shop...G=view&uid=6279

http://www.dvdfromkorea.com/shop/p_detail....n=Search&genre=

if you are still contemplating to get a copy, better hurry before all stock are gone!

Guest serene_sg

this is the chinese article from Sina with JJH's view on the epi 23 kiss..

please do not take this translation out of soompi

【新聞】《宮》朱智勛吐心聲:與尹恩惠吻戲很過火

http://ent.sina.com.cn 2006年04月20日19:31 新浪娛樂

新浪娛樂訊 如果說大銀幕上有“王的男人”李俊基,那電視熒屏中則有“皇太子”朱智勛。雖然對他們不好進行絕對的比較,但是同樣扮演“皇室家族”的兩人在2006年的演藝界光芒四射。朱智勛一開始被選定MBC電視劇《宮》的主角時曾引起很多人的質疑,認為選擇他是錯誤的。但是隨著《宮》的大獲成功,無論是朱智勛的下一部作品還是他過去的生活都成了人們最熱心的話題,通過《宮》朱智勛也一躍成為真正的明星。

To say there is a “King’s Man” Lee Jun Ki from the big screen, then there is “Crown Prince” Joo Ji Hoon on the small (television) screen. However it is not fair to compare the two of them, but both having played members of the royal family, they will shine in showbiz in 2006. When Joo Ji Hoon was casted as the lead in MBC drama GOONG, it raises questions and many felt that choosing him is a mistake. Yet as GOONG gains success, matters regarding his next project or his past living became hot topics and through GOONG, Joo Ji Hoon has also leaped to be a real superstar.

從新人到明星朱智勛到底有什麼樣的魔力來征服觀眾呢?

From a newcomer to superstar, what kind of charm did Joo Ji Hoon use to conquer viewers?

第一次見到朱智勛是在2004年《最佳晚禮服頒獎典禮》上,朱智勛作為模特部門的獲獎者站在眾明星之間,掩蓋不住作為新人的緊張。1年後電視劇《宮》的製作發布會現場再次見到朱智勛。面對無數閃光燈,他的表現得有些不自然。4個月過去了,現在的朱智勛跟過去大不一樣。但是接受採訪時不斷向對方敬禮的樣子還是跟其他所有新人一樣。

First time meeting Joo Ji Hoon was at a “Best Dress Award Ceremony” in 2004, as a winner in the model department, Joo Ji Hoon couldn’t hide his nervousness when standing among the various superstars. The next meeting was at television drama GOONG’s press conference a year later. He seems a little unnatural when faced with the camera flashes. 4 months have passed and Joo Ji Hoon is no longer the same. But his way of bowing respectfully many times during an interview shows he is no different from other newcomers.

朱智勛說:“感覺一切都很神奇,人氣到底是怎麼回事我還沒搞明白呢。過去的8個月中只顧著埋頭工作,都不知道現在誰很有人氣。如果說與拍電視劇前有什麼不同的話,就是當我在網上輸入我的名字時關於我的報道很多。”

Joo Ji Hoon said: It felt everything is magical, I haven’t figure out what ‘popularity’ is. In the past 8 months I’d only buried myself in work, and didn’t know who is popular now. If I compare to before filming the drama, the only difference is I find a lot of news regarding myself when I enter my name on the internet.

朱智勛對自己的大紅大紫似乎還很不清楚,他只知道從他父母的表情變化中看出了自己的變化。朱智勛說:“我做模特時父母都不知道我在做什麼。因此,也很擔心我。但是後來在電視裡看到我以後,也開始向鄰居讚揚我,變得開心了許多。看到這樣的他們我才感覺盡了一點做兒子的孝心。”

Joo Ji Hoon seems unsure how popular he is, he only saw changes to himself when his parents’ expressions changed. Joo Ji Hoon said: My parents didn’t know what I was doing when I was modelling, so they were worried about me. But having seen me on television, they started to praise me in front of our neighbours, and became happier. I’d only feel I’d fulfilled a son’s filial piety seeing them like this.

通過電視劇《宮》朱智勛得到的是什麼呢?急升的人氣?打入卡里的各種出場費?雖然這些都不可否認,但是最有意義的還是他成功飾演了皇太子李信的角色。

What has Joo Ji Hoon gained from television drama GOONG? Rising popularity? Increasing performance wages appearing in his account? There is no point in denying all these, but what is most meaningful is that he has successfully played out the role of Crown Price Lee Shin.

第一次演戲就演主角,導演把一個完全新人成功改變為一個合格的演員。朱智勛說:“我都不知道我是李信還是朱智勛了。離開李信這個角色很遺憾,電視劇已經結束了2周,有時還在彷徨我在日常生活中到底是誰。”

First time acting and already the lead role, the director took a newcomer and successfully turned him into a qualified actor. Joo Ji Hoon said: I no longer know whether I’m Lee Shin or Joo Ji Hoon. It is regretful to depart from Lee Shin role, the drama has ended 2 weeks ago, sometimes I still think about who I really am in my everyday life.

拍攝電視劇《宮》的過程中朱智勛一直抱著一定要努力投入的信念。可能是太過投入,有些場面都讓所屬公司的工作人員詫異不已。朱智勛說:“第23集裡有與尹恩惠的吻戲,看這一集電視時包括我在內的所有所屬公司朋友們都嚇了一跳。當時我的想法只是想努力演戲,但是通過電視看到的畫面好像吻得有些過火,弄的周圍人都有些誤會。”

During filming of television drama GOONG, Joo Ji Hoon always holds on to the belief to work diligently. Perhaps he was too into the role, some scenes surprised the agency staff. Joo Ji Hoon said: In episode 23 there’s a kissing scene with Yoon Eun Hye, all the agency staff including myself were shocked when we saw it on television. At that point in time my only thinking was to act well, but from what I saw on the television, the kiss seems to have been taken a little too far, and causes some surrounding people to have misunderstanding.

現在剛剛推出一部作品的朱智勛,帶著他的人氣選擇下一部作品一定會有很大的壓力。朱智勛說:“我知道我演技不好,所以也很擔心。但是無論是演技不好還是擔心這些都不是重點,重要的是能夠在一個角色裡投入多少。一想到挑戰新的角色我還是挺開心的。”

After completing his first project, there would definitely be much pressure when it comes to choosing his next project given his popularity. Joo Ji Hoon said: I know my acting is not good, so I’m worried about it too. But that’s besides the point, what is important is how much can I commit into the role. I’m pretty excited when I think of taking on new roles.

朱智勛知道下一部作品將成為人們檢驗他演技的作品,但是他說即使有不足的地方他也會通過熱忱的努力去克服。

Joo Ji Hoon knows that his next project would be one where viewers grade him on his acting, but he said, even if he’s not up to it, he will overcome it with zealousness.

朱智勛說:“我想成為《這個殺手不太冷》裡的加裡•奧德曼一樣的演員,能夠飾演多種角色的演員。雖然現在還缺乏經驗,但是我會加倍付出努力的。”

Joo Ji Hoon said: I want to become an actor like Gary Oldman (The Professional), an actor who can take on different roles. Although I still lack experience now, I will put in more effort.

Koreaguy/編譯

English trans by Rebby

Thank you for the translation!! =)

Guest sweet_treats1812

dang~ they sold out the dvd's so fast on yesasia!!! :fury: but then there are no subs, so wat's the use? :( i hope they make other copies later on..this time with english subs...

Guest shred

^ there's definitely going to be a US edition for Goong. just don't know when ... september/october maybe :unsure:

i'm just hoping that YA could somehow include 1.5 or some special features in it. it's a long shot though ... :(

Guest limecrafted

i love goong!!!!!!!

im so addicted to it, i just had finished the series now....

though it's not htat funny like my girl, their love is soooooooo sweet!!!!

i love the last 2 episodes!! :D:D love shin and chaegyoung!!!!

just can't wait for the next season...damn, it's way next yr.... :mellow:

Guest mizzlinhie

wow the Goong DVD Set from Yesasia is sold out?? eclickkorea is too pricey. How much was the goong set from yesasia?? I must save money for a US edition coming soon now :D probably $100 and up :( so expensive!!

Guest sunshine4ever

wow the Goong DVD Set from Yesasia is sold out?? eclickkorea is too pricey. How much was the goong set from yesasia?? I must save money for a US edition coming soon now :D probably $100 and up :( so expensive!!

no, actually the YA version is quite cheap compare to the official version from Korea...i have no idea why, but I've seen the prices and they're different...anyway, maybe the company wanted to charge more cuz they have to produce them..(I'm talking about ones with English subtitles done by the company).

By the way, do you mind telling me if Goong 2 has all the cast? Thanks. :ph34r:

Archived