[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

Guest thesarahchong

So I've finally finished the hit Goong.

& the hype has lived up to its expectations. (:

Technically, I haven't seen it all.

Because I was on the last video just the night before, and all of a sudden, it stops. The tape had run out. I thought I was going to cry. ;afjklsda;fsdjas. Seriously, my eyes were glued to the screen, and all of a sudden, it turns off. Gahh.

So I'm new in this thread. (:

And I have found a newfound love for Joo Jihoon <3

Haha, you know, this was a really good on-screen debut for him. As well as for the rest of the cast.

There was a post in the previous page, asking what had made this drama so popular, seeing that it was a fairly undeveloped cast. I think it was the fact that many people had read the comic and was interested in seeing the turnout of it. And in the end, they enjoyed it so much. And when viewers talk, they talk. And I'm sure eventually, everyone got curious, and found that they loved it too.

I remember way back to last year or so, when it was announced that Moon Geunyoung & Jo Insung would be the main leads. I don't know how it would've turned out with them two. Maybe better, maybe not. But I am extremely glad that Yoon Eunhye and Joo Jihoon was casted in the end (as well as everyone else), because if it wasn't for them, this story wouldn't be the same.

It was so sweet. Simple & sweet, and even though it had some drama going on (which is necessary), it was really good.

So even though I haven't seen all of the last video (I should sue the video store -__-), it'll be showing on TV this week. You know, I could've just watched it on TV, but I couldn't wait. Haha.

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 16candl3s

Episode 24 Eppie Awards Are Here!!!!

o.o It's over. It's really really over. If you'll excuse me now I'm going to sit in this corner and cry... :tears:

Whoa I'm impressed with the work u did!! Thanks again! its fun to reminisce those great scenes... its just hard to let go...i guess i'll be watching the series over and over til season 2 comes out!! :lol:

Guest lovekdrama

I have a question: Is Yoon Eun Hye's character dreaming the whole thing or did it really happen to her?

My reason for this question is that in the very first episode she does say that there is no monarchy in Korea but let us imagine if there was a crown prince. Maybe I am wrong and I misunderstood it.

Now I am new to this thread but do most of you think that the second season will be a continuation?

Guest aikomidori

Ohh yeah after reading this i was wondering the same thing too. I thought Hyorin came from a rich family <_< And I was curious about the Queen too. I remember when CG just entered the palace, the Great Queen was telling the Queen to go easy on her cuz she came from a normal family not like the Queen, who came from a rich family too. But at the end when CG was about to leaves, the Queen had a talk with her and she told her that she been through the same thing and she see CG as her past (like a reflect of herself) and so it was hard for her too . (correct me if im wrong guys) :(

I think the Queen had a hard time not because she wasn't prepared enough (which is CG's case), but because the palace and living as a monarch can be tough for anyone, with all the pressure and the media and the rules (which is also the same for CG). But the Queen just agreed with the Great Queen when the GQ asked her wasn't it true that she (the Queen) didn't have any tough time when she came into the palce, because well...disagreeing with her would just cause more problems :sweatingbullets:

I have a question: Is Yoon Eun Hye's character dreaming the whole thing or did it really happen to her?

My reason for this question is that in the very first episode she does say that there is no monarchy in Korea but let us imagine if there was a crown prince. Maybe I am wrong and I misunderstood it.

Now I am new to this thread but do most of you think that the second season will be a continuation?

I certainly hope she wasn't dreaming it all! It would be too sad to know all this was a dream :tears: Rather, I think it was the manhwa artist speaking through the character? To start off the story, maybe?

Guest jhing

smooglez - so which episode u haven't seen? the last last episode? epi 24? u should have gone back to the vid store where u got ur copy from and demanded a refund. :lol: But am happy to hear that you'll get to watch the whole series on ur local tv soon.

What makes this drama so popular and so extra special in our hearts? I reckon it's to do with the fact that it's almost too perfect. You can't see that much flaws in it. It's skilfully written, brilliantly acted and directed and the whole visual effect is just a feast for the eyes.

But let's admit it, the main reason why this drama is much loved is because of Shin and CG. They are the heart and soul of this drama. The chemistry between JJH and YEH is so effective and evident on and off the screen (saw lots of BTS and NGs hehe). I can't imagine any other actors playing Shin and Chaegyung even if those actors have more experience in acting and more well known. Jo In Sung and Moon Gyeun Young??? I admit they're good actors but Goong wouldn't be as successful as it is right now if it weren't for YEH and JJH. I probably wouldn't have even bothered watching it.

I think it's going to take me a long long time to get over this drama. I might not get over it at all. :D

My new motto in life, Life is Beautiful because of Goong and Shin&Chaegyung. :D Oh and am watching this for the 4th time. But I must have seen all the Shin and CG parts countless times. hehehehe

Guest crazeetracee49

i am actually quite sad to hear that CG might not be pregnant...i want to see how they handle having a kid...probably gonna make for some hilarious scenes :)

Guest chynna02

heyyy!

omg i sooooo love this drama!

the only hard thing is..

should i be a shin goon&chaegyung camper or yul goon&chaegyung camper?

lol too hard! i'll go with sg&cg!!!

anyway does anyone have screencaps for ep. 16??

i also want the english translations for "stay".. cuz all they have was the lyrics and the romanized...

tahnks a loooottt!!

goong rockz! :)

Guest hoon-woo

waaaah.. there's goong2 in 2007 right? i can't wait to watch it! i love goong! joo jihoon and yoon eunhye are new but but damn.. they've one of the best chemistries i've ever seen in any korean drama! love them.. goong wouldn't have been this successful if it weren't for them... I LOVE THIS DRAMA! I LOVE SHIN AND CHAEGYOUNG! JOO JIHOON<<<3

Guest mizzlinhie

Thanks Aikomidoria for answered my question :)

smooglez - so which episode u haven't seen? the last last episode? epi 24? u should have gone back to the vid store where u got ur copy from and demanded a refund. :lol: But am happy to hear that you'll get to watch the whole series on ur local tv soon.

What makes this drama so popular and so extra special in our hearts? I reckon it's to do with the fact that it's almost too perfect. You can't see that much flaws in it. It's skilfully written, brilliantly acted and directed and the whole visual effect is just a feast for the eyes.

But let's admit it, the main reason why this drama is much loved is because of Shin and CG. They are the heart and soul of this drama. The chemistry between JJH and YEH is so effective and evident on and off the screen (saw lots of BTS and NGs hehe). I can't imagine any other actors playing Shin and Chaegyung even if those actors have more experience in acting and more well known. Jo In Sung and Moon Gyeun Young??? I admit they're good actors but Goong wouldn't be as successful as it is right now if it weren't for YEH and JJH. I probably wouldn't have even bothered watching it.

I think it's going to take me a long long time to get over this drama. I might not get over it at all. :D

My new motto in life, Life is Beautiful because of Goong and Shin&Chaegyung. :D Oh and am watching this for the 4th time. But I must have seen all the Shin and CG parts countless times. hehehehe

Jhing, I totally agree with you :P Without Joo Ji Hoon and Yoon Eun Hye, Goong is not Goong anymore :sweatingbullets: I think Moon Gyeun Young and Jo In Sung are good actors, but I can't imagine them being the main leads of Goong. Joo Ji Hoon and Yoon Eun Hye are so perfect for each others, they have this kind of special chemistry even on and off screen. They're new comers, they don't have much experiences but they did an extremely good job on Goong. I can't believe how well YEH acting was, seeing Chaegyung cried makes my heart ached and I felt like I was crying inside too :tears: Joo Ji Hoon did so well at the end, his tears...his kiss...omg he's an amazing hot actor :D I love both of them. I can't get enough of Goong, yes I'm very obsess with it like everyone of you here :sweatingbullets: I'm greatful that I choose to watch this drama, i love it sooo muchhh. Thanks to MBC and PD for bringing to us such a great drama, you guys are awsome!! Lets wait for Goong 2 now!! Whohoo I'm so exciting alreadieee!! I hope YEH and JJH are ready for more kissing scenes hihi.. :lol:

Guest chloe1234

yeaaaa i agree! i wanna c them with the baby! the thing is that CG felt like puking in the last epi but there was no scenes of them having sexual relations! hmmm that puzzles me.

anyway, i agree that the show was really well written. there were a lot of drama especially CG with all her stupid moves and exaggerated actions which do spice up the show at the right times! i just hope that the second one will be as well and not anything too draggy. there have been many second seasons that gets too far fetched! one example is meteor garden which i believe many of you have watched. :)

i didn't dislike MG2, the storyline and everything was ok to me, including Yesha whom everyone hates like how we hated Hyorin :sweatingbullets::lol:

ok my promised new MV to conclude the weekend :)

My 6th MV - Who Do You Love (from Shin's pov)

sendspace:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/skdc22

YSI encrypted link:

http://4zones.org/?d=onpaeob9gb718gq

youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpWYEgOvPtc

PS: This MV is alot sadder than all my previous MVs... so if you only enjoy happy-mood MVs don't watch this okie... :sweatingbullets:

Guest serene_sg

i didn't dislike MG2, the storyline and everything was ok to me, including Yesha whom everyone hates like how we hated Hyorin :sweatingbullets::lol:

sendspace:

YSI encrypted link:

PS: This MV is alot sadder than all my previous MVs... so if you only enjoy happy-mood MVs don't watch this okie... :sweatingbullets:

This is a totally nice MV..

So touching!!

Recommended to download to all! =)

Guest kimbab_luvah

I found this on youtube. I don't know if this has been posted before but it's Lee Seung Ki and Maybee singing Goong's Theme Song. Is it just me or the song lyrics sounded differently from Howl's and J's. (Pronounciation of the words ). I'm just curious cuz I've memorize how the original singers sang the song and I guess it's just weird hearing it from somebody else.

Perhaps Love @ Hi Seoul Festival 2006

i think the original sounds better, but hey, Lee Seung Gi looks pretty cute there. :rolleyes: eh?

Guest mizzlinhie

sendspace:

YSI encrypted link:

youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpWYEgOvPtc

OMG this MV is tooo Good!!! :blush: Thanks you Rebby, you did an awsome good job. I love this MV, one of my favorite i guess :D I love how you put Shin's confession in there, that part was sooo sad :tears:

Guest echoRy

Luvs it Rebb, and true it was :tears: , but i still liked it. thanx sweet for

making this and the other 5 too!

mizzlinhie i concur! PD's please less a talkin' and more a smootchin' :excl:

i'm on tippees waiting for GOONG S2! JJH&YEH fighting!

maya1me.gif

a maya creation

FBGI: - when the flames didn't make round 2 of the playoffs, i had me a mini breakdown...needed to vaca fast. miss u crazy @ss fruits like mad :excl:

Guest mizzlinhie

Luvs it Rebb, and true it was :tears: , but i still liked it. thanx sweet for

making this and the other 5 too!

mizzlinhie i concur! PD's please less a talkin' and more a smootchin' :excl:

i'm on tippees waiting for GOONG S2! JJH&YEH fighting!

http://img305.imageshack.us/img305/7532/maya1me.gif

a maya creation

FBGI: - when the flames didn't make round 2 of the playoffs, i had me a mini breakdown...needed to vaca fast. miss u crazy @ss fruits like mad :excl:

YES for more a smootching and less talking !!

Angeline thanks for the banner :) CG and Shin look so sad :(

Guest strawberrynkiwi

im wonder about the kiss again.. i wonder if the directors told them to kiss for that long... or did the whole thing just came naturally between JJH and YEH... and maybe they got carried away .. har har... i really want to know... :sweatingbullets:

Archived