Do You Have An Accent?

Guest x0_tiKKi

Guest B4bi3xxAng3L

Chyeahh.

I was born in Vietnam and lived there for .. 9 years.

Although my accent aren't bad bad, it's only a little.

I find it irritating sometimes when I have an accent -_-"

and sometimes, my words come out all wrong and mixed up,

I have no idea what I'm saying, LOL.

but my friends said that it's cute, LOL. weird.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Iridescence

My friends tell me that I have an accent even though I don't realize it. I remember my freshman year, a substitute had told me that he liked my accent. And I just looked at him all confused because I didn't realize that I had one. I was born in the Philippines, but I left to the US when I was like about 3.

Guest si11y_wabb1t

^ oh no me too!

full brown right here

but my accent comes up occasionally when I don't want it

like "happy bertdaee" omg...

but it's funny

Guest A.lee

i dont have an accent on my english.

and i always thought i had perfect korean - speaking wise. but my mom says i have a slight 'american' accent on it.

i dont even notice it though :mellow:

Guest neshpa

Um, when I stayed in America for two or so months, I came back to Australia saying Marry, Mary and Merry all the same way. It went back to normal after a few months.

I don't think I have an accent anymore ):

Guest adrenaline__x

err nope

i dont hear it but when i go on vacation random people were like. you from brooklyn right?

im like yeah how you know

they're like i hear an accent and the way you talk is so ghettoish lol.

im like what o_O?

Guest random koohkie

Everyone has an accent actually.

Like in California, some people who live a little farther up north speak a little differently than those who live further down around LA.

Guest sto0pidassgrl

yeah i have an accent wen i speak english..like a southern accent even though i live california!..back wen i was in 5th grade i used to have a black accent..hehe..cuz i used to hang out with black ppl all the time..ahahhaa..but that's gone now..haha

and wen i speak korean i have a full english accent mixed with it..ahahha..like wen krn ppl rap they got that accent..sorta like that..

Guest a12mi3

i was born in the Philippines but grew up in the US... i have the american accent but i also speak Tagalog fluently ...

When i visit Philippines, i try to stick to our native language coz some people think you're a show off when you dont speak it.. Sometimes though you forget how to say a certain word that you have no choice but to say it in English... :D

Guest Sl1ckb00ty

I've heard that I have a "bay area" accent, whatever that means. Hahaha. Guess I say "hella" way too much.

Guest Sakuxsan

ya i have an accent.

if i ask ppl...they would say no

but this one guy say its really cute o.o

and if we make a video...my accent shows. T___T

Guest rockstar_baby

I have a slight Australian accent...

I've been living here for about 14 years but my parents still have chinese accents lol.

Guest deevyne_

I'm borned and raised in the US. But, born and raised in Hawaii.

Locals have their own slang and accent aka Pidgin.

I have a Pidgin accent but I think it’s gotten to be a slight case since I’ve been working in a professional environment for 4 years and have had to speak better English. However, I also have a slight Samoan accent. I don’t know why though, because I am not fluent in the language nor do I speak it often. O.o

A few years ago, someone asked me if I was Irish. I told her I was and asked why she was asking and she said, “oh, because you have an accent” o.0 Don’t know where that came from. x_x

Guest eyeheartyou

born and raised in california so no accent when speaking english but i have the american accent when i speak viet.

Archived