Civic Si Tail Lights

wishless

?
Hi there so I was looking through some photos of the Civic Si because I'm considering getting one in the near future. Anyways, I came across this picture

IMG_4723.jpg

and I was wonder if anyone could tell me what type of tail lights these are. I tried looking for them on Ebay but I couldn't find exact looking ones? Thanks a bunch!

Cred; .speedsportlife.com

That's the concept car, meaning that they don't exist. Sorry :vicx:

thats not true (it may be a concept buh the tail lights can exist)

It'd be illegal to have those kinds of taillights.

and thats also not true... My old civic tail lights were similar to the chrome /clear... passed inspection etc...

Um.. sometimes you can ask honda if not look up JDM parts.. I doubt theyd have it though looks like its hard to find... print out the pic and ask the dealer.. its better to get an expert opinion it might not be the exact same but you can find similar... like euros just if you get altezzas ill go find your car and kick in the taillights =P

thats not true (it may be a concept buh the tail lights can exist)

and thats also not true... My old civic tail lights were similar to the chrome /clear... passed inspection etc...

Ok, it's not illegal to have them in New York. However...

Washington Law Chapter 46.37.050: Tail Lamps

(1) After January 1, 1964, every motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, and pole trailer, and any other vehicle which is being drawn at the end of a combination of vehicles, shall be equipped with at least two tail lamps mounted on the rear, which, when lighted as required in RCW 46.37.020, shall emit a red light plainly visible from a distance of one thousand feet to the rear, except that passenger cars manufactured or assembled prior to January 1, 1939, shall have at least one tail lamp. On a combination of vehicles only the tail lamps on the rearmost vehicle need actually be seen from the distance specified. On vehicles equipped with more than one tail lamp, the lamps shall be mounted on the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable.

Guest Banana_Muffin

I have a 8th gen civic myself and I've read many threads on the 8thcivic forums and this question about the lights get asked a lot with the same picture and the answer is always the same "The lights do not exist.."

clear tail lights been on the streets of CA for decades. no where is more strict than CA. a red and amber bulb fixes everything

agreed. I've lived in a few states & CA reigns supreme as the stickler state.

Guest v8subie

so...if i'd brought my car over to california and got passed for emissions (somehow...keyword), would the state police or police in general get on my case about a stock TMIC?

from my experience, unless you are driving like a jackass around town... you wont get hassled by cops.

whenever i drive my civic... i get no problems with cops. and my car usually sounds like a locomotive from blocks away.

Guest herovueboi

^ I've been wondering about laws of car mods like my friend wanted to cover the yellow lights on the back on his RSX. Would that be illegal?

Probably not, a ton of RSX drivers have done the mod. I don't think anyone has ever been hassled about it. Simply because a lot of domestic cars use the tailights as a brake light and signal. For example the Dodge Neon. I have the mod as well and I think it looks so much nicer.

• 2 months later...
Guest sunmoon

actually i see quite a few cars where the taillights appear white, but when you press the brake or indicator a red and orange light pops out...

so i guess its possible. its only the shape that .atters? i havent seen that shape around anywhere....

Guest Laxntiga

It'd be illegal to have those kinds of taillights.

LOL, it should be, dam ricers.

My stock tail lights are like $70 bucks a piece, used! *EDIT* $100 dollars used.

the MaD TyTE ALteZzA's are only $60 something....... *sigh

Archived