For The Lovers Of Lomography

Guest zsuzsaBAMBAM

i bought a holga 120 CFN color flash camera(?) i dont even know if thats the name...

i used up my roll but left the camera+roll in the car for a very long time now :ph34r: i kept on forgetting to take it out....

i hope the heat didnt kill my camera T_T

anywhooozz about developing the film do i have to specifically ask the lab to do something special? since its a 120mm film? and in the before post someone said to ask for nagative and black and white? what if my camera already has a negative color and black and white function??

im getting them developed today and i dont want to get ripoff from not know anything :blush: thanks in advance

never mind the guy in the lab knew what camera i was using (i dont even know how), and he said thats all he needed to know :D cant wait for the pictures!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i fell in love with lomography, & super happy they sell it at urban outfitters.

but i still have to get one, im considering getting a holga.

you can get a fish eye adapter for it right?

is there any place where you can buy cheap 120mm film? :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest vividified

some places will scan and put onto cd for u, thou you would pay extra for that service. tend to scan my own negatives at home.

how do you scan negatives? :blink: there is scanner for it? wow didn't know!

would the holga fisheye lenses work with any holga camera (135mm) or is it better off getting the fisheye 2 camera?

Guest vividified

got my lomo ! today yes! I brought the holga 135 from lomography.com.au (got my camera after two days or ordering sooo fast)

though i am reading up that the 135BC is better :(, anyone with experience? damn i should of researched more

• 2 weeks later...
Guest juicebox

lol~! i got a holga 35mm or something for my birthday~! ^^v

im so excited lol imona buy some film today :D :D

i hear about something like shutter and advance arent connected so i could take pictures overlapping frames?

how would tht work? would i have to keep tht up for the entire roll of film? =S

and how do i get negatives scanned since obviously developers cant develop super long negatives.

hmmmm lol im so excited :D :D

Guest crescendoll

i can't believe i still haven't bought a lomo like i planned ahh!

i'll start saving now.

i'm really happy they started selling holgas at urban outfitters!

too bad i want an LC-A+! D:

Guest cpx3s0ul

omgosh i've always wanted to take up lomography...

but i have no clue where to begin.

i've read through the pages and ppl say the holga OR diana is good for beginners.

i'm from toronto canada, and i was just looking at the urban outfitters site.

Lomography Diana Dreamer Camera

$65.00

So i looked at this one and i really like it, i think i'd most likely be getting this one. cuz it says it dates back to the 1960s? vintage =p but then it says it requires 120 film... i dunno, i'd like to use 35 because it's easier to get, and my parents still have some... can this one use 35 film too? or does it HAVE to be 120?

Lomography Holga Camera

$85.00

I've seen a lot more ppl recommending this one for a beginner's camera, but it said it works only with 120 film? i mean... is it convenient to get 120 film? i might as well get the diana dreamer... =s

Lomography White Fisheye Camera

$48.00

now the fisheye can use 35 film... but when it says fisheye, does that mean every picture it takes has the black circle thing around it? i mean, i'd like to get this becuz it uses 35 film, but if every shot is gonna be circular... =/

and what's the difference between holga and the holga pinhole? the pinhole seems better (the pictures on the site do) and it uses 35 mm film too! =D

Holga Pinhole 35mm

Holga 35 mm

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

$65.00

So i looked at this one and i really like it, i think i'd most likely be getting this one. cuz it says it dates back to the 1960s? vintage =p but then it says it requires 120 film... i dunno, i'd like to use 35 because it's easier to get, and my parents still have some... can this one use 35 film too? or does it HAVE to be 120?

Lomography Holga Camera

$85.00

I've seen a lot more ppl recommending this one for a beginner's camera, but it said it works only with 120 film? i mean... is it convenient to get 120 film? i might as well get the diana dreamer... =s

$48.00now the fisheye can use 35 film... but when it says fisheye, does that mean every picture it takes has the black circle thing around it? i mean, i'd like to get this becuz it uses 35 film, but if every shot is gonna be circular... =/

and what's the difference between holga and the holga pinhole? the pinhole seems better (the pictures on the site do) and it uses 35 mm film too! =D

Holga Pinhole 35mm

Holga 35 mm

most lomography camera uses 120 film...

Lomography Diana Dreamer Camera -> 120mm

Lomography Holga Camera -> 120mm

BUT they do sell 35mm adapters for those camera...but it'll mean you'll have to pay more money

adapters (and any lomography camera) can be found here

Lomography White Fisheye Camera -> i don't think this would be worth getting since there are lens for fish eye...

Holga 35mm -> Go Here

Holga Pinhole 35mm -> Go Here

look at the pictures and compare which one you like more...

Guest eyepatch

whoa this is awesome. ive always wondered what kind of photography this was (i've seen it around alot)

im definitely interested in getting one..im just a beginner in photography though T_T (taking classes)

coming from a totally clueless person, i've got a few questions

im thinking of getting the holga's beginner kit ...is it worth it to purchase it directly off the lomography website? cause i see them for a cheaper price on ebay ..

I really wouldn't buy that set on lomography.com. It's not really a beginners kit because all it comes with is the camera, a book (that doesn't teach you anything because it only has photography in it. It's cheaper to just go on flickr and look at pictures for free), and a roll of film (and other accessories depending on which one you get). I just got mine on eBay straight from Hong Kong and it works perfectly.

omgosh i've always wanted to take up lomography...

but i have no clue where to begin.

i've read through the pages and ppl say the holga OR diana is good for beginners.

i'm from toronto canada, and i was just looking at the urban outfitters site.

$65.00

Lomography Holga Camera

$85.00

$48.00

now the fisheye can use 35 film... but when it says fisheye, does that mean every picture it takes has the black circle thing around it? i mean, i'd like to get this becuz it uses 35 film, but if every shot is gonna be circular... =/

Holga Pinhole 35mm

Holga 35 mm

If you want to use 35mm, and have more money to spend (and by that I mean $250.00), you might want to consider getting an LC-A. It's costy mainly because they don't make them anymore and it's the first lomographic camera (obviously XD), but all the pictures that I've seen produced by it come out to look amazing. I'm planning on making it a future purchase :D

However, I'm assuming you don't want to waste your monthly savings on a plastic camera, so just see which one you like more based on the pictures on the site. The only difference between the normal Holga 35mm and the pinhole one is that the latter uses a pinhole to take the picture rather than a standard lens.

Guest yellow post it

is anyone a Melbournian here? I want to buy a Lomo camera but I won't get it unless I can find a place in Melbourne to process its photos.

Guest paper*hearts

can anyone who owns the diana+ tell me if their camera came with a lens cover?

I just got my camera from urban outfitters, and on the box it says it comes with a lens cover, but i cant find it :(

Guest vividified

is anyone a Melbournian here? I want to buy a Lomo camera but I won't get it unless I can find a place in Melbourne to process its photos.

You can get the 135 holga which uses normal film..

Guest __CHINA.DOLL

I'm thinking about purchasing the Lomography Diana Dreamer Camera also.. i find it weird how Urbanoutfitters carry the camera but not the film?

does anyone know what store i can buy 120 mm film from? or does every camera store carry that?

Archived