For The Lovers Of Lomography

Guest zsuzsaBAMBAM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CandyRain

slide film, it shows what the image is like in positive, so you would show it on a projector, where as regular film its in negative and you need to print the image to get it the right way round!

thanks for the explaination

how about Crossprocessed, what does it means?

Guest hearte

on shop.lomography.com where exactly does it say the price of the camera? o.O i can't find it for some reason...-___-

well, when you click on a product you want, under the details and pictures there's an "add to basket" button, and beside that there's a drop down menu that says "select item here"

and the prices and stuff are in that drop down menu (:

lol, it took me a while to find them too! hope what i said isn't too confusing haha :sweatingbullets:

^

thank you!! ^^

well...now its time to save up money xD

oh yah...another question...there's not really a big difference between a holga and a diana+ right? they're basically the same thing?

i notice that a holga seems to be a bit more expensive? i donno xD

Guest miiloverx2

Yesterday, I purchased my diana f+ :D But I'm a complete noob!

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/9624/blogphoto324ho7.jpg

Can someone clarify that the diana f+ doesn't have a shutter sound? I dont know .... I feel like when I press the shutter button no photos have been taken since the camera doesn't have any shutter sound LOL :sweatingbullets:

awesomeee show us pictures sometime!!! hehe

regarding shutter sounds.. Diana is sort of like a toy camera - keep that in mind.

soo you might want to familiarize yourself with it - when it's empty, open it up so you see the aperture of the camera (the "hole" where the light comes in). then fire a shot and you will here that little sound produced from ..... whatever happens inside when you pull that trigger =.=" yea.. if you get what i mean hahaha

also keep in mind, once you press the shutter and you know that you're pointing to any visible person/place/thing you have taken the picture. it doesn't FEEL like it, but you have already! :P

the key is to have fun and experiment and you'll get the hang of it in no time :D

how about Crossprocessed, what does it means?

crossprocess means developing the film in the "wrong" chemical. so usually, you shoot your photos on slide film and then you tell the photo lab to develop it in the chemical used for negatives - which is C-41. E6 chemical is used when developing slide films.

sooooo developing your slide film in the "wrong" chemical will give you LOVELY, VIBRANT photos. heh.. I definitely recommend shooting with slide film and Xpro-ing them!!

^

thank you!! ^^

well...now its time to save up money xD

oh yah...another question...there's not really a big difference between a holga and a diana+ right? they're basically the same thing?

i notice that a holga seems to be a bit more expensive? i donno xD

if you go through the first few pages, there are bits of info about holga/diana so it might help.

but yea, they're basically the same in that they both are medium format cameras. Diana has more aperture settings too.

sorry for the vagueness hahaha i'm not an expert ^_^""

Guest -dhi-

HI!

I'm really new with this lomo and actually I'm really interested in this new stuff!

I have a question and I know this qs is really silly?

I know that you have to produce it either by yourself or at local store, but then you need to scan it in order to view it digitally??

but why is the quality still seems so good?

sorry...

but please!!

Guest ovovoovo

Which lomo cameras are good for beginners? And what is the difference between

Diana F+ and a Holga? Sorry I sound like a noob :P

I want to decide before buying..

Guest the;andro

i have a 4 lense one but it doesnt seem to produce any cool pictures like what they say =/ i think i suck at it, anyone knows how to use?~

Guest sodapop!!

i bought an holga a few weeks ago with a pack of 120mm black and white film!! but... i'm not sure if i loaded the film correctly. like, at all. this: MY LIFE. :,D

i suppose i could take a whole roll of film and get it developed to find out if all the pictures are returned to me as failed blanks... but i'd rather not waste that sort of money, ahahha.

could someone...i don't know, explain, maybe, step by step, how to load it correctly? i feel like i somehow stuck the lapel through the little hole thing in reverse. or maybe i didn't wind correctly? or the numbers don't match up?

please help this lowly newbs~

Guest CandyRain

i have a 4 lense one but it doesnt seem to produce any cool pictures like what they say =/ i think i suck at it, anyone knows how to use?~

do u mean super sampler?

i have super sampler.. and my first and second rolls were terrible

really dark... >.<

but i still got some good shoots which made my day =)

make sure that u use it in sunny day

Guest spatches

I'm planning to get the original Holga Black, and buy the 35mm adapter so i can use both 120 and 35mm films. Is it recommended for me to do so? Cuz if i have the budget, i can also get the FishEye adapter so i can Holga and take Fisheye at the same time!~

The original Holga does has flash doesn't it? I just need to add batteries?

BTW, i know this sound really stupid, but example if you use the 120 format film on an original Holga, after you're done do you need to "wind" the negative back into the roll of film in the dark?

Cause i understand if you use the 35mm film on the 120 Holga, you'll need to "wind" the negative before sending it for developing. If you use the correct film format, do you need to do so as well?

Thank you! Looking forward to getting a Holga!

I've been doing some research, and i find that i like the Holga best =P!

Guest cbxjenn

anyone have the colorsplash?

i bought a used one online but the battery corroded and so i dont know if it works or not! i was wondering if someone would tell me if.. i put a new battery (w/o loading film) and turn the camera on, then snap the button, will the flash go off? because it doesnt for me. unless.. it will only go off after i load a roll of film?

edit: nm. the camera is dead. thats what i get for buying used items :( gonna buy a new one this time!

Guest miiloverx2

but why is the quality still seems so good?

sorry...

but please!!

i always tell the people to develop them and help me scan them into a cd-rom.. you can always develop the photos and then scan them afterwards.. but it won't be as nice as scanning the negatives (... but if you have a film scanner.. then by all means!)

Which lomo cameras are good for beginners? And what is the difference between

Diana F+ and a Holga? Sorry I sound like a noob :P

I want to decide before buying..

difference between diana f+ and holga... ahh and again..

well the f+ has the nice looking flash thingamajig.. haha

as for the difference.. as so many people out there have said.. it's like a debate between canon vs nikon @@

you might want to check out this discussion on flickr to see for yourself what others have said about the difference between the two..

i'd say- go for a holga first.. once you get the hang of it and once you "master" the skills.. every thing else will come as second nature.. sort of. haha

I'm planning to get the original Holga Black, and buy the 35mm adapter so i can use both 120 and 35mm films. Is it recommended for me to do so? Cuz if i have the budget, i can also get the FishEye adapter so i can Holga and take Fisheye at the same time!~

The original Holga does has flash doesn't it? I just need to add batteries?

BTW, i know this sound really stupid, but example if you use the 120 format film on an original Holga, after you're done do you need to "wind" the negative back into the roll of film in the dark?

Cause i understand if you use the 35mm film on the 120 Holga, you'll need to "wind" the negative before sending it for developing. If you use the correct film format, do you need to do so as well?

good choice on the holga :D haha

yep, go for the original! you can always buy add-ons and whatnot.. so it doesn't really matter.. (you could also do some small modifications to use 35mm film without buying the adapter .. i've put a link either on the last page or the page before that)

regarding winding the film..

when you use 120, you don't need to wind the film.. as you go along and advance your film, the spool on the right will take up the roll of film.. so after that, when you've taken your pictures and it's time to develop them, you just need to take the rolled up film on the right side. then, the next time you load film into the holga, just move the empty spool over to the right and load the film again ... if that makes sense. @@

here's a great video:

(credits: squarefrog)

V angelic_betrayal: i've answered your question

if only we could add some sort of FAQ to this thread.. haha :P

Guest angelic_betrayal

^^Oh, whoops. LOL. Yea, there needs to be an FAQ :)

Hm, I've been eyeing lomography for a long time.... Quick question which may sound dumb but I really don't know the answer LOL: When you develop your photos you go to a photo develop-er person right...? How do you get your photos into the computer? DO you have to scan them your self or is there a way for the developer to get it onto a cd or something for you?? >.< HELP! LOL.

BTW lomography.com is offering 15 piggy points [$15] for filling out a survey!! :) They expire though if you don't use them within 3 months but you can save them by getting more points before the 3 months are up and you prolong your points for another 3 months :D

Guest CandyRain

the film developer has the negative scanner..

i never knew that before

now i feel so stupid..scanning my photos after i've developed them..>.<

if i knew it earlier..:P

Guest miiloverx2

^ i'm not really sure if all of them have that service..

but it doesn't hurt to ask the people there :)

Guest CandyRain

i really wanna buy fisheye 2..

what is the different between the black and white?

only the white one color is limited?

Archived