[drama 2008] Spotlight 스포트라이트

Guest f0reveralways

Guest trustno1file

this drama is great!

does anyone know the name of a guy with glasses who happens to be woojin's collegue?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shuky

Yes, Cap OTS should not be so sarcastic but I like the way he ROARS!!!

Like this~~

Markho826, the gif is simply......fabulous!!!. Been staring at it for the past 5 mins!!!! This is no good for my addiction and guess who's feeding it!!! (pleeeeease don't turn off the tap....keep them coming!!!:))

Guest markho826

this drama is great!

does anyone know the name of a guy with glasses who happens to be woojin's collegue?

Name: Park Sang-wook (younger brother of Chae Rim, whose real name is Park Chae Rim)

Date of Birth: 1981-JAN-14

Education: Myongji College

Recent Movie: Bravo My Life

Recent Drama: Hong Gil Dong

Guest shuky

i juz didnt like that last scene where he threw alot of sarcastic remarks at her. BUT i am glad it happened coz

lOLLLL itz about time woojin explode lOLLLL

dont we all wanna see woojin explode

and then taeseok will be like "no one ever treats me the way u do... wow i think i like u" LOLLL

ok i am dreaming too much

Yes, yes!!! This will go down as the poignant moment when he falls for her in the slow-motion flash back towards the end of the series!!! :) (sorry...no hair-flipping moment) And they will fall for each other as equals....roaring!!

Name: Park Sang-wook (younger brother of Chae Rim, whose real name is Park Chae Rim)

ooo thanks alot for the his profile...

LOLLL he is cute by the way LOLLL

but i still love jjh's roaring LOL

Guest Happy_Day

Wow.. Ratings are not too good.. Daily/Family dramas are killing dramas like this lol

Looks good though

Reporters vs anchors:

For some reporters, being made a news anchor is the ultimate career goal. It marks a career peak, with the attendant perks - freebies, fame, recognition and status. In some networks, anchors are feted out as personalities, with minor celebrity status. I remembered reading that in Korea, some Korean news presenters actually caught the eyes of the scions of chaebols and marry into the families. A career perk or occupational hazard? Your pick.

But, for all self-respecting journalists worth their salt, being a news anchor would be a punishment as they would rather be the first on the scene to report on the pounding of Iraq or the devastation after the Sichuan earthquake. To some extent, there's some degree of "animosity" between journalists and anchors as even though some of them write their own scripts, in most cases, it is the journalists who provide the extensive research and in some cases, the pertinent questions to ask. Why do anchors get paid million (s) for fronting the news (the very good ones of course) when it is the journalists who provide the thinking and do all the leg work?

In breaking news situation, it's between the anchor and the camera without any news script or updated information. The anchor must continue to fill airtime in such a way that the viewers believe that you are on top of the situation, you know the issues, are not repeating info or that you have new info to add even though what was said was old news. This is an art that requires loads of experience and someone who is quick on his/her feet.

I'm not entirely sure what's the practice in Korean networks or in our case, GBS news. But in episode 4, the studio director told the anchor to read word for word what was written on the piece of paper passed to her last minute by the floor manager in the JJG saga. Perhaps when the subs are out, we will have a clearer picture, especially since episode 6 had a few segments on SWJ's anchor training (unless those are purely on how to put on the correct make-up and the right colour co-ordination??)

Going by what you've translated in episode 6, it could be that OTS didn't want SWJ to get carried away by her instant fame and allow her new found popularity to get into her head (she had her own fans and fan site an was recognised by the old lady's relatives in the hospital. He probably didn't want her to be a one-trick pony as he saw her potential to be a great journalist.(Mr Anh said that SWJ reminded him of OTS and that OTS admitted that he would similarly risk his life to interview JJG). I think I would have to agree with Seal824 and Shirley that OTS wants SWJ to earn her stripes first as a journalist so that she could be a better and more credible anchor. I agree with Amanda that he didn't have to be sarcastic and could have been nicer. But, OTS is probably someone lacking in EQ (part of the training as a journalist I suppose as you are expected to ask the toughest questions, even if they seem rude, as they are the most obvious). He doesn't mince his word and say what's on his mind and very often, he has to apologise after the incidents (re: the punch up with Mr Anh three years ago and the peace offering in the rooftop after their heated argument in the office).

Haha...I'm going to pretend that the REAL reason for OTS to throw a spanner in the works is so that the evil senior will get the job and SWJ will move up (she's the second-line reporter in that beat, after the senior) one seat to be next to him:).

Thanks for that! I've always wondered why being an ANCHOR is the ultimate goal, especially in Korea. I guess there's something good for both sides, but I really do feel sorry for the JOURNALISTS/REPORTERS. Because really.. they seem to be the ones who actually investigate and work their butts off running around finding info, putting things together.

But then again, anchors do the actual reporting on television, which is extremely nerve-wrecking.

But gotta say, I like the underdogs. :)

Wow.. Ratings are not too good.. Daily/Family dramas are killing dramas like this lol

Looks good though

Thanks for that! I've always wondered why being an ANCHOR is the ultimate goal, especially in Korea. I guess there's something good for both sides, but I really do feel sorry for the JOURNALISTS/REPORTERS. Because really.. they seem to be the ones who actually investigate and work their butts off running around finding info, putting things together.

But then again, anchors do the actual reporting on television, which is extremely nerve-wrecking.

LOLLL underdogs welcome babe. ^^

yea quite disappointed with the ratings really. lOLLLLLLL PPl watch the SHOWWWWWWWWWWWWW LOL

anywayz i prefer on field reporters than anchors.

alot more effort

LOL

Guest shuky

Hello Happy _Day. Welcome to Soompi News!!

I've attached a link to my favourite news presenter from BBC (ok, I confess, I'm a hopeless news junkie!)Lyse Ducet, in my opinion, is the epitome of the ideal news anchor. She is a respected, award-winning news veteran before she became a news anchor. She may not be young (she's certainly no eye candy, in fact, on closer look, you can always see huge eye bags below her eyes in her lightly made-up face) but during studio interviews with guests or live-crosses with field correspondents, her sharp intellect and quick wit cut through the chase and get to the crux of the issues. No questions are considered too rude and she knows the issues at the back of her hand. When news break, you will not find her in the studio presenting the news. She will be at the thick of action. In the case of CNN international (not domestic), I don't recall seeing many of their anchors doing reporting from the field, although I may be wrong here. Most of them present the news from their Atlanta office.

BBC

Another person I totally idolised is John Simpson but he has since left BBC. When he was in Northern Iraq, I saw his report when he was injured by friendly fire. It was not for the faint-hearted. (I think one of his camera man died and Simpson is deaf in one ear) When they were hit, the cameras continued to roll till they were physically spent.

These journalists, I think, is what the scriptwriter is trying to portray through OTS at this stage, as the story is still unfolding.

John Simpson

Have fun reading! :)

Hello Happy _Day. Welcome to Soompi News!!

BBC

Another person I totally idolised is John Simpson but he has since left BBC. When he was in Northern Iraq, I saw his report when he was injured by friendly fire. It was not for the faint-hearted. (I think one of his camera man died and Simpson is deaf in one ear) When they were hit, the cameras continued to roll till they were physically spent.

These journalists, I think, is what the scriptwriter is trying to portray through OTS at this stage, as the story is still unfolding.

John Simpson

Have fun reading! :)

i actually LOVE Anderson Cooper and Lisa Ling. LOLLL

especially lisa ling. i think she is making asian proud

really? real-life brother of Chae Rim?

and he was in HGD too? what role did he play?

u know what? i think the c-subs for ep5 & 6 are still not out yet that's why i'm so out of the discussion.... *sigh*

i didn't wanna spoil myself so i avoided the thread but couldn't resist it any longer so came here for a peek.....

must be hard to translate all that newsy stuff but u guys are doing so well here in soompi's Spotlight news channel....hwaiting!

Guest markho826

u know what? i think the c-subs for ep5 & 6 are still not out yet that's why i'm so out of the discussion.... *sigh*

i didn't wanna spoil myself so i avoided the thread but couldn't resist it any longer so came here for a peek.....

must be hard to translate all that newsy stuff but u guys are doing so well here in soompi's Spotlight news channel....hwaiting!

I think I've mixed him up with another person.

I don't think he was in HGD...... :wacko:

LOLLL i am sure the chinese subbers are having headaches over the stuff in the show as well.

lOLLLL and aiiiiii plsss dont stay away LOLL

we will endure the hardship together...

there're reasons why i dont wanna watch show live.. once i start, i would start wishing weds/thurs is everyday

i watched HGD but i dont remember seeing him inside? LOLLL

Guest asterionlhs

No there was the different person with the same name in HGD.

this is Park sang wook of HGD

20070221154839197082902.jpg

Guest zacey

hihi.. me also waiting for c-sub... have been popping in everyday to check for ep5 and 6... :blush:

i think chinese subs shld be out by tonight...... or well i THINK

Cant recall which site I saw.. it mentioned that for each episode of SPOTLIGHT with chinese sub translation it is equivilant to 3 episodes of other dramas. :sweatingbullets:

Archived