[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

I was rather hoping that STH/DW received their deserverd punishment and not a type of reconciliatory ending where DW and STH just pretended the bad deeds they done didn't matter.

I mean at least STH should go to jail and DW should quit his prosecutor job if he is really sorry for what he did.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bibidep

May be STH will kill him self anh DW change to different job, who know what's going to happen until next Monday and

Tuesday.

Guest bless_u

cant wait for next episode... DC and YR's Bed Scene! I'm excited because they both deserve to be together!

Guest OneSky.

cant wait for next episode... DC and YR's Bed Scene! I'm excited because they both deserve to be together!

Whenever there is happiness, tears are surely to follow. T____T

I just hope it is a happy ending.

Guest SUGER

Everytime ime watching ime always at the edge of my seat wondering what is gonno happen next :crazy: there always like oh no :tears: ! Wish for a happy ending soon :w00t:

Everytime ime watching ime always at the edge of my seat wondering what is gonno happen next :crazy: there always like oh no :tears: ! Wish for a happy ending soon :w00t:

eheheh you're not alone...

you and millions of other EOE fans all over the world B);)

Guest dreamloverShiWon

I am starting to miss DC and YR already... I hope we get to see another kiss, this time initiated by DC instead!! =D

STH has to die, I don't think I'll be satisfied if he ends up in jail.. But i really wish to see the three brothers reconcile with each other (DW,DC,MH)..regardless of what happens to them I don't want them to hate each other.

Guest tchq90

Whether or not the actress received negative feedback from the viewers is NOT sufficient enough of a reason to drop a character without any explanations. That's just careless writing.

Wow... the above comment is absolutely correct. I wish the writer would receive such input to know what she/he has done to the plot of EOE.

Guest fallen*angel*

Lee Seung Chul-NO ONE ELSE song-이승철 - 그런 사람 또 없습니다.

does anyone have the Korean & English lyric, please. THANK YOU.

Guest missy_jiee

i have a few questions about the past few episodes...

what the heck happened to Rebecca, Janice and the character that Hwang Jung Eum play as? Rebecca just disappeared to thin air after Dong Wook found out about the birth switch. I haven't seen or heard about her in the past few episodes. Janice hasn't been shown in the past few episodes also. I would like to see her reaction when Shin Tae Hwan get what he deserves. Hwang Jung Eum character, which i forgot her name, disappeared from the last few episodes also. are they going to end the drama without showing the three of them and tell us what happened to them?

Guest MisterBarca

Whether or not the actress received negative feedback from the viewers is NOT sufficient enough of a reason to drop a character without any explanations. That's just careless writing.

Wow... the above comment is absolutely correct. I wish the writer would receive such input to know what she/he has done to the plot of EOE.

Yes, but you are dealing with Korea, where "netizens" are king.

Today's newspapers say that there will be happy ending for everyone--with even Shin Tae-Hwan showing remorse:

http://news.nate.com/view/20090305n03837

With only 2 episodes to go, I'm sure we'll have a happy ending with a "baby Gukja".

The bed scene gives me hope...

The question is - how are they going to get to that happy ending??

There's so many questions left unanswered.

I'm hoping for the best for EOE!!

EOE Fighting!!

Guest edenlove

I believe SINA is a CHINESE media print and while it may be the CHINESE standard to "stand the test of time" at 26.5% ratings, it is NOT sufficient enough in Korea.

Just because DW may be "hated" here, doesn't mean that we don't understand him or that we aren't insightful enough to understand his character.

DW isn't falling into STH's trap because STH is that much smarter than DW.

What I read is "protest from certain netizens on Hwang Jung Eum's role". If they issue a statement to explain why her role is eliminated, will it provoke more protests and problems? Sometimes, we just have to understand they may have their difficult position too. Unless viewers in Korea pressed for an explanation whereby they feel it is so important, then MBC has to respond. As for Janice and Rebecca, if Korea viewers feel strongly that they should appear in the remaining episodes, they can/will write at EOE forum to have their concerns addressed. Rebecca is not seen at filming set recently, but hopefully her whereabouts will be mentioned in the last two episodes... so let's be patient!

The SINA article does not talk about episode rating of 26.5%, but said that EOE is able to maintain its core viewership, which can be seen from its average rating of about 25% maintained for the past six months. I think a 25% average rating throughout (esp. this is a 56-episode long drama) is a good rating for prime time drama context (daily drama, weekend drama are viewed as a different category). You can check against other popular dramas. In Korea news today, EOE is described as "over 20% power ratings are constantly maintained".

Thanks for the analysis on DW, which has been somewhat lacking here.

"DW fallen into STH's trap" is specific of the tape and drug trafficking in Ep 54. DW didn't realise it is STH who set these up on DC. Even at the end of Ep 54 he was told by Hwang of framing DC for drugs, but he was being threatened to let Hwang got away scott-free.

Also, I really dont think that EOE's plot has a LOT of flaws.. Like for me, it's just going in a normal way and how things should have gone.

Also, I'm simply watching EOE to be entertained, I dont watch it so that I can formulate my own plot and hope that the story goes my way...

So I dont think it's really right to say EOE is a bad drama because it's not..

Thanks for these points which I agreed.

Some viewers may feel EOE is inconsistent and plot is getting worst; others don't feel this way at all and have their own set of reasoning/analysis. For e.g. there are good convincing reviews on JH's change in the last two episodes, so not everyone thinks that the script is silly.

Actors and actresses are seen complimenting each other for good acting work, and news articles/reviews recognised the various acting talents. Don't see or read that EOE is a one-man show.

Guest fjkuan

QUOTE (soonjap @ Mar 5 2009, 08:28 AM)

I agree. The story needs some connection between Rebecca and what happened to her. Whether she just died from a car accident or something else, the writer needs to finish her story. Even if she had planned to leave the drama, they need to finish her off "in the drama". Maybe she'll appear in the last episode(s).

'MisterBarca' date='Mar 5 2009, 08:44 AM' post='12686516']

Yes, but you are dealing with Korea, where "netizens" are king

Even if in Korea, "netizens are king", they have to be considerate to the viewers worldwide. Do they want to sell this drama?

I'm glad to hear the ending will be a happy one.

With only 2 episodes to go, I'm sure we'll have a happy ending with a "baby Gukja".

The bed scene gives me hope...

little baby DC?? :sweatingbullets::lol:

What I read is "protest from certain netizens on Hwang Jung Eum's role". If they issue a statement to explain why her role is eliminated, will it provoke more protests and problems? Sometimes, we just have to understand they may have their difficult position too. Unless viewers in Korea pressed for an explanation whereby they feel it is so important, then MBC has to respond. As for Janice and Rebecca, if Korea viewers feel strongly that they should appear in the remaining episodes, they can/will write at EOE forum to have their concerns addressed.

there were earlier "reports" in articles that HJE would be the lover and the wife to be for DW (i could be wrong on this) ...maybe the writers were anticipating that the drama will be agreed upon amongst actors/actresses and production company to be extended more than just 54 (later 56) episodes which may have gave ample time for DW and HJE's character to develop feelings, but since the negotiation to extend the drama further kinda failed due to schedule conflicts with everyone they (the writers) might have just killed that story development in its entirety...personally for me, the character HR might have suited for DW's lover and later wife to be since DW and HR did have some history together...

The SINA article does not talk about episode rating of 26.5%, but said that EOE is able to maintain its core viewership, which can be seen from its average rating of about 25% maintained for the past six months. I think a 25% average rating throughout (esp. this is a 56-episode long drama) is a good rating for prime time drama context (daily drama, weekend drama are viewed as a different category). You can check against other popular dramas. In Korea news today, EOE is described as "over 20% power ratings are constantly maintained".

EOE is sucha long malodrama...i'm proud of all you who've sticked by EOE from August of last year up until now...EOE isn't perfect but it got loads of great acting by the cast involved...

Guest savingwork

Maybe most of you know about the rumor of EOE having a happy ending for everyone. It might actually be true. I found this picture, it does not seem fan-made (please correct me if I am wrong), showing everyone gathered happily including YR ,DW and MH, although DC is not there(?) and XX, you need to see the picture for more info^^.

Please don’t click if you don’t want to be spoiled.

MAJOR Picture Spoiler for eoe ending.

http://www.krdrama.com/bbs/thread-285635-1364-1.html

Guest MisterBarca

Maybe most of you know about the rumor of EOE having a happy ending for everyone. It might actually be true. I found this picture, it does not seem fan-made (please correct me if I am wrong), showing everyone gathered happily including YR ,DW and MH, although DC is not there(?) and XX, you need to see the picture for more info^^.

That picture looks fake. It also says "Ha Dong-Dong"--who is a kid from another drama ("Honor of the Family").

Guest fjkuan

Where's DC? They have a little girl. DC is the one taking the picture (I hope).

Archived