2008-11-18 26 25.9 (2nd) 27.5 (2nd)

2008-11-24 27 24.5 (2nd) 26.5 (2nd)

2008-11-25 28 25.2 (2nd) 27.5 (2nd)

2008-12-01 29 27.3 (2nd) 29.9 (2nd)

2008-12-02 30 28.1 (2nd) 30.2 (2nd)

2008-12-08 31 27.5 (2nd) 29.2 (2nd)

2008-12-09 32 28.5 (2nd) 30.1 (2nd)

2008-12-15 33 29.6 (2nd) 32.1 (2nd)

2008-12-16 34 32.3 (2nd) 35.1 (2nd) episode centered on revelation to MH (Park Hae Jin)

2008-12-22 35 28.1 (2nd) 29.3 (2nd)

2008-12-23 36 31.1 (2nd) 33.1 (2nd)

2009-01-05 37 28.0 (3rd) 30.3 (3rd)

2009-01-06 38 28.2 (3rd) 30.0 (3rd)

2009-01-12 39 25.7 (3rd) 27.1 (2nd)

2009-01-13 40 28.4 (2nd) 30.0 (2nd)

Source: TNS Media Korea (http://www.tnsmk.co.kr)

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/East_of_Eden

ratings may go down after revelation highlights...I hope episode centered on YCH revelation will bring new high! also DW & STH revelation, or maybe most intense DC-YR scene will make EOE soar to new highs. whatever scene ..as long as EOE wont be beaten by BOF! coz I fear if extended EOE my get a beating.

MH breaking down in front of sleeping TH in ep 34 reminded me of the earlier episodes.. ep 10, ep 12 , ep 14.. a pity he was shelved for so long until the birth revelation. Before we got used to just a few minutes with them. But highest rated episodes in the 30s were jampacked with MH and JH scenes. Yes, the plot contributed to making those scenes exciting. But I cannot not give credit for their performances which pushed the ratings past 30%. Storyline is one thing, but also performances play an important role in influencing the overall ratings. PHJ and HJH performances made an exceptional difference in the audience response. This is something the fans are proud of.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi this is my first post but I am following eoe for a long time. What really puzzle me is lately this thread has been dominated by a few regular posters. What happen to some of the very good reviewers who gave us very interesting summaries of each week episodes. I really missed their views. Hope they will come back soon with a more balanced views, not just from the same people every day.

Guest luthien

^^ sheherizade3 stopped doing reviews since LDH left. I miss her posts but we gotta understand her reasons

am I not allowed to have personal fears and worries? personal comments? am I not allowed to personally compare EOE with any other dramas as I like?

My fears are mine....i'm not telling anyone to own my fears nor share with me.

you're telling me to do that? Thanks but I dont need to be told what I should do or what I should see. so far what I need are readily available.

Worrying about BoF's ratings may worry some fans... as it definitely will cause worries to MBC and EoE. They are competing for the airtime, so compared to the previous drama BoF comes out as a strong competitor. Japanese and Taiwanese franchises have already made amazing responses in their respective countries... no doubt Korean version will be popular.

I think it's time for them to use YJH.. he's been shelved for far too long too. There was so much fire in him in ep 31(?) when he interrogated STH... kinda bummed it had to end there for now to give way to birth revelation... but I wanna see him!

Guest edenlove

A question to ask the dear fellow EoE watchers….

Does anyone know the title of the 2nd song in this You Tube Clip (starting 4:16)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJvM4WOXpWg

Who is the signer? Is there any lyric translation?

It's from OST1 Track 10: Remember / 김성태 by MtoM

This song is dedicated to LDC - first played in Ep 19 when the exhausted DC found comfort at home after the fight against Busan chief.

거리에는 더 이상 내가 쉴 곳이 없고

geo ri ae neun deo e sang nae ga su go si op go

The streets no place where I can rest

날아가는 새 들도 이젠 오지를 않아

na ra ka neun sae deu do e jen o ji reu ra na

Bird on the wing and now it does not come

외롭다는 말로는 누구도 만날수 없어

weo ro da neun ma ro neu nu gu do ma na su op so

No one to share my loneliness

지쳐있는 나에게 그대가 필요해

ji chyeo e neu na ae gae keu dae ga pi ryo hae

The tired me needed you

거울속엔 더 이상 내가 보이질 않고

geo u so kae deo e sang nae ga bo e ji ra go

From the mirror, I don’t see myself anymore

두 눈을 적시던 눈물도 흐르질 않네

du nu neur jeok si deo nun mur do heu reu ji ra ne

My eyes no longer have tears

힘들다는 말로는 누구도 만날수 없어

him deur da neun ma ro neu nu gu do ma nar su op so

My sorrow no where to share

지쳐있는 나에게 그대가 필요해

The tired me needed you

흐르는 눈물은 두 발을 적시고

heu reu neu nun mu reun du ba reur jeok si go

Outflow of tears soak my feet

그대의 슬픔은 내 몸을 적시네

keu dae wee seur peu meu nae mo meur jeok si ne

Your sadness eroded my heart

흘러간 시간은 날 잡지 못하고

heu reo kan si kan eun nal ja ji mo ta go

Passes time could not let me stay

가득한 향기는 내 영혼 채우네 **

ka deu han hyang ki neu nae yeong hon chae u ne

Your scent filled in my soul

떨어지는 빗 방울속에 내가 서 있고

deo ro ji neun bi bang u so gae nae ga so e go

I stood in the rain

타오르는 불빛도 이젠 빛나질 않아

ta o reu neun bul bi do e je bi na ji ra na

Burning fire light now no longer shine

힘들다는 말로는 누구도 만날수 없어

him deu da neun ma ro neu nu gu do ma na su op so

지쳐있는 나에게 그대가 필요해

The tired me needed you

Credit: Romanized and English Lyrics translated by Han/TSH

Hi this is my first post but I am following eoe for a long time. What really puzzle me is lately this thread has been dominated by a few regular posters. What happen to some of the very good reviewers who gave us very interesting summaries of each week episodes. I really missed their views. Hope they will come back soon with a more balanced views, not just from the same people every day.

....reviews, summaries and translations are done as EOE airs but its done in Park Hae Jin thread. .. its a joint effort by PHJ fans and HJH fans.

I also miss good reviews here.

oooooooohh

allowed to have personal fears and worries and personal comments...fears are yours...not telling anyone to share your fears with you...don't tell you what to do...so far you got things readily available for you...

got it!!

A question to ask the dear fellow EoE watchers….

Does anyone know the title of the 2nd song in this You Tube Clip (starting 4:16)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJvM4WOXpWg

Who is the signer? Is there any lyric translation? Much thanks in advance.

hey jazz

i'll pm you the song, romanized and translated

edenlove got it 1st <_<

....reviews, summaries and translations are done as EOE airs but its done in Park Hae Jin thread. .. its a joint effort by PHJ fans and HJH fans.

I also miss good reviews here.

Thanks will visit Park hae Jin thread for the summaries. What happen to this thread now. The atmosphere here is not the same any more. There is no good reviews here now. :rolleyes:

Guest luthien

^^ Soompi maintenance fall during live broadcast, but summaries are posted on the thread as soon as soompi comes back up. Tortiz, Melyssa, Narya then puts up dialogue translations immediately... it's by parts, so it might get confusing.. but it's not hard to follow along once you get use dto it.

Guest edenlove

As for the real-time rating, I don’t linearly tie the result with one particular person. I thought the underneath tension of story line is more relevant.

When we look at EOE rating, there are also other factors that afffected it:

- how strong competitors are doing. e.g. SBS Tazza did better in rating than Terroir, KBS BOF did much better than WW etc.

- holidays, festive seasons

- lately, news articles pointed out that EOE rating in one particular week was greatly affected by MBC union strike which resulted in EOE telecast brought forward by some 10mins hence ending earlier than its competitor drama. This made a lot of difference in the average rating for EOE that week.

- and for some strange reason, EOE Mon's rating has always been lower than Tue's rating.

Guest aaaaaallaaoeaa

I was wondering if someone can help me out. Does anyone know the song that kept playing in episode 39? I think its sung by Lee Seung Chul, but I just can't find it anywhere. Its not the song which is on the 2nd OST (can you hear me?) just to let you know.

Thanks in advance

hey jazz

i'll pm you the song, romanized and translated

edenlove got it 1st <_<

It's from OST1 Track 10: Remember / 김성태 by MtoM

This song is dedicated to LDC - first played in Ep 19 when the exhausted DC found comfort at home after the fight against Busan chief.

The streets no place where I can rest

Bird on the wing and now it does not come

No one to share my loneliness

The tired me needed you

From the mirror, I don’t see myself anymore

My eyes no longer have tears

The tired me needed you

Outflow of tears soak my feet

Passes time could not let me stay

Your scent filled in my soul

I stood in the rain

Burning fire light now no longer shine

The tired me needed you

Credit: Romanized and English Lyrics translated by Han/TSH

Edenlove and 2uss, you two are so sweet! I love its poetic lyric and alternative melodic beat. It fits so well with DC being at that particular situation.

Guest edenlove

I was wondering if someone can help me out. Does anyone know the song that kept playing in episode 39? I think its sung by Lee Seung Chul, but I just can't find it anywhere. Its not the song which is on the 2nd OST (can you hear me?) just to let you know.

Song title is "A sad story than sadness" by Kim Bum Soo.

It's not an EOE OST track but from the upcoming movie "Sadder Than Sad Story".

You should be able to find it in the movie thread.

^^ he still thinks PHJ is his rival???? i wonder what exactly he meant when he said that during the Wedding BTS interview

looks like JMK still want to play take PHJ place....and play MH role. JMk also a good actor, he's great as heartless STH.

Guest luthien

^^ what PHJ meant then by his response of "Why is he talking about something from 20 years ago" still doesn't make sense.. thought we'd get some clue but i guess that'll remain between the Shins

Guest edenlove

the EOE drama is not aiming for the teenagers in Korea, which is the majority demographical viewers of BOF. so what if BOF got higher ratings, does it make the story in EOE less valuable?? it takes a mature viewership for EOE, there are literally no comedy and no happy moments...so of course it won't catch a lot of viewers who doesn't like those kind of themes...but so far EOE is being watch by a lot of people in Korea and others like us all over the internet...

So far EOE ratings are stable. Even though BOF ratings shoot up a lot, their gain does not equal to EOE loss.

Just more viewers are watching dramas at that timeslot. Plus, it's school holidays in Korea right now.

EOE does have its consistent viewer group/supporters who do not abandon the drama overnight.

not just from the same people every day.

This reminds of "those days". :lol:

^^ Soompi maintenance fall during live broadcast, but summaries are posted on the thread as soon as soompi comes back up. Tortiz, Melyssa, Narya then puts up dialogue translations immediately... it's by parts, so it might get confusing.. but it's not hard to follow along once you get use dto it.

Thanks, just visited PHJ thread. Will visit tomorrow nite for the updates. He is a very talented actor. He and HJH performance in EOE is really great. The on screen chemistry is just brillant .Pity we do not get to see HR anymore. I was hoping she has more screen time with DW. I hope there will be more of him in the coming episode.

This thread used to be more active with different posters.I prefer to read the views from different people.Not just the same few with a very narrow mind set.I remember the MVs and long summaries.It makes EOE more interesting . Sorry this is just my 2 cents.

Edenlove and 2uss, you two are so sweet! I love its poetic lyric and alternative melodic beat. It fits so well with DC being at that particular situation.

:blink: i didn't do anything, but thanks :sweatingbullets:

So far EOE ratings are stable. Even though BOF ratings shoot up a lot, their gain does not equal to EOE loss.

Just more viewers are watching dramas at that timeslot. Plus, it's school holidays in Korea right now.

EOE does have its consistent viewer group/supporters who do not abandon the drama overnight.

EOE's viewership will remain constant...it's a long drama and it has a lot of audience support continuously as we've seen from the ratings up to now...

----------------------------------------

it seems Google has deleted all EOE related episodes in YouTube.jp on Japanese domain servers :mellow:

but i haven't seen any release of what channel will EOE appear in Japan...

NHK? Nippon TV? TBS TV? Fuji TV? TV Asahi? WOWOW? :(

oh well the Japanese are getting EOE now probably by all indication to YouTube's action...i wonder what kind of ratings it will get...hopefully it won't get as low as when they show "The Legend" back in the beginning of 2008...but back then Legend episodes were still on YouTube while it was still airing...hmm maybe they're learning their lessons.

Archived