[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

where all this while DC is only his brother. LDW is good at IQ but not EQ :sweatingbullets:

admit that MH have save the day by admitting all STH's crimes but he didn't save the brothers relationship. thats all.

:lol: @ EQ

nazznen and edenlove gave really interesting insights...

but i will add that this is what the writer(s) is aiming for...they must 1st established the rifts/divisions between MH/STH and DW/DC to complete the line of conflict...after that is established, then the process of reconciliation will take place...it won't make any sense if the fruit of hatred and conflict isn't shown to the audience...this is what drama's all about...

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest edenlove

MH has ruined his feeling/ has touched his deeper feelings.

Where all this while DC is only his brother. LDW is good at IQ but not EQ :sweatingbullets:

I admit that MH have save the day by admitting all STH's crimes but he didn't save the brothers relationship. That's all. I'm not sure if I had put this in a right words.

Some viewers are not convinced with DW's sudden change of personality, but I think there are many factors which made the change quite realistic. Apart from those you mentioned about being fragile, over-protected by Lee family, fear, hatred for MH... there are also factors of being ambitious (his boss keeps reminding him) and STH being a smart man leading ("scheming") DW to his side.

To be fair, if MH ruined DW's feelings, DW would also have done the same to MH.

And if MH ruined DC-DW's relationship, DW is also hindering DC-MH's relationship... it is two-way.

They are both hurting each other, with DC, YCH being squashed in between.

MH also suffered all these years under STH.... is he ever a happy man before all these?

the Korean boards are alive again with recent scenes of DC and YR with the hope that they'll end up together :P

This looks very positive now. Guk knowing that his time is up soon, told DC to promise he will take care of YR, as he only trusts DC and nobody else.^^

Some viewers are not convinced with DW's sudden change of personality, but I think there are many factors which made the change quite realistic. Apart from those you mentioned about being fragile, over-protected by Lee family, fear, hatred for MH... there are also factors of being ambitious (his boss keeps reminding him) and STH being a smart man leading ("scheming") DW to his side.

To be fair, if MH ruined DW's feelings, DW would also have done the same to MH.

And if MH ruined DC-DW's relationship, DW is also hindering DC-MH's relationship... it is two-way.

They are both hurting each other, with DC, YCH being squashed in between.

MH also suffered all these years under STH.... is he ever a happy man before all these?

This looks very positive now. Guk knowing that his time is up soon, told DC to promise he will take care of YR, as he only trusts DC and nobody else.^^

tears in DC's eyes when Guk said that...

vlcsnap-1191285.jpg

vlcsnap-1191515.jpg

here we see the faces of their fathers...

vlcsnap-1188267.jpg

vlcsnap-1188837.jpg

I'd think the new character is kind of useless. She's supposed to be DW's new lady but so far there has not been many developments between them. Did she have any scene in today's and yesterday's episode?

Guest selvaspeedy

amazing comparison, thanks 2uss. omo I'm feeling so sorry for poor MH (Park Hae Jin is doing a phenomenal job in EOE). I hope DW comes back to the old DW we all knew, and I hope nothing bad happens to any of the main characters (the good ones of course, not the evil white-haired guy :crazy: )

thanks luv for the caps :wub:

Guest savingwork

Thanks as always for the pict Luv and the torrent Cute girl :D

... i know that LDW is really hates MH so much. Sometimes i think he feels like MH has stolen his family from him. Person he loves so much. 1st MH stole JH from him (woman he loves so much ... and I can see that he still has that feelings on JH). Then now he stole LDC from him .. The Lee's family. So he felt like he is alone and lonely. He doesn't want to go back to STH. No matter how hard STH try, LDW always try to put a line between him and STH. ....

He had chosen to leave the family but I still can see he wants them more than anything (from his tears) but he is so stubborn to admit it.

So when MH said " .. Because he is MY brother"

it hurts him more inside (in his empty heart). so we know how fragile LDW actually are.

Great analysis nazznen regarding DW's reasons for hating MH. In ep48 the DW-JH love was retouched upon, maybe as you stated as a reaffirmation to DW’s reason for hating MH (stealing JH).

While DW is trying to "put a line between him and STH", in ep 48 DW feelings changed and you can see he felt some affection toward STH, as he remembered STH telling him that while TS is not his, DW is his son his own blood.

While it is true DW is "stubborn to admit" he want to stay with the Lees, DW actually is desperate for his own family(Lees) to tell him to stay, to reaffirm his positin in the Lee’shousehold even with the presence of the true DW (MH) at home. It hurts more and more when his brother/DC tells him it’s ok to tell the world they are not brothers ep 47. DC did exactly the opposite of what DW was hoping for.

Then we come to MH-DW fight over DC:

MH saying “because he is MY brother” into DW’s face. I though MH would be more considerate of DW’s feelings by now.. Is it me or does it seem that MH is the one often starting fights with DW, starting from earlier eps.. And you are so right . If MH had just said OUR brother, DW would be the evil one for not accepting MH’s good intentions.

But I guess it is for dramatic effects/ to lead DW more onto his dark path.

here we see the faces of their fathers...

%7Boption%7Dvlcsnap-1188267.jpg

%7Boption%7Dvlcsnap-1188837.jpg

Interesting 2uss… Are you suggesting that the fight is actually between DW (STH) and MH (LKC), rather than DW and DC?? At some point I really felt that. If only by viewing the pictures, you can surely detect STH ambitious?? eyes in DW and LKC gentle/confident eyes in MH. Great acting..^_^

Daily TV Rating - [Tuesday 2009-02-10]

TNS

Nationwide Rank / Show / Network / Nationwide Rating / Seoul Rating + Rank {if different from Nationwide}

1. Cruel Temptation / Lure Of Wife <아내의유혹> (SBS) - 39.6%, 40.8%

2. Boys Over Flower <꽃보다 남자> episode 12 (KBS2) - 31.4%, 31.2%

3. East Of Eden <에덴의동쪽> (MBC) - 25.9%, 27.0%

4. The Road Home <집으로가는길> (KBS1) - 18.5%, 17.3%

5. SBS 8 News (SBS) - 15.5%, 15.5% (#8)

6. White Lie <하얀거짓말> (MBC) - 15.3%, 15.5% (#7)

7. SOS24 (SBS) - 15.2%, 15.3% (#9)

AGB

Nationwide Rank / Show / Network / Nationwide Rating / Seoul Rating + Rank {if different from Nationwide}

1. Cruel Temptation / Lure Of Wife <아내의유혹> (SBS) - 34.5%, 33.7%

2. Boys Over Flower <꽃보다 남자> episode 12 (KBS2) - 27.6%, 27.0% (#3)

3. East Of Eden <에덴의동쪽> (MBC) - 26.1%, 27.6% (#2)

4. The Road Home <집으로가는길> (KBS1) - 20.2%, 19.8%

5. SOS24 (SBS) - 15.8%, 16.2% (#6)

6. White Lie <하얀거짓말> (MBC) - 15.6%, 16.5% (#5)

7. SBS 8 News (SBS) - 15.3%, 14.7%

8. KBS 9 News (KBS1) - 14.8%, 14.5%

credit: kdramafanusa

Guest `kimberly

This drama is way too heartbreaking and I'm only on episode 13.

I've read some posts from this thread and found out that Ji Hyun is also DC's first love.

Through out the drama, I've never sensed such a connection between the two.

Can someone please clarify?

Guest galesan

Daily TV Rating - [Tuesday 2009-02-10]

TNS

1. Cruel Temptation / Lure Of Wife <아내의유혹> (SBS) - 39.6%, 40.8%

2. Boys Over Flower <꽃보다 남자> episode 12 (KBS2) - 31.4%, 31.2%

3. East Of Eden <에덴의동쪽> (MBC) - 25.9%, 27.0%

4. The Road Home <집으로가는길> (KBS1) - 18.5%, 17.3%

5. SBS 8 News (SBS) - 15.5%, 15.5% (#8)

6. White Lie <하얀거짓말> (MBC) - 15.3%, 15.5% (#7)

7. SOS24 (SBS) - 15.2%, 15.3% (#9)

AGB

1. Cruel Temptation / Lure Of Wife <아내의유혹> (SBS) - 34.5%, 33.7%

2. Boys Over Flower <꽃보다 남자> episode 12 (KBS2) - 27.6%, 27.0% (#3)

3. East Of Eden <에덴의동쪽> (MBC) - 26.1%, 27.6% (#2)

4. The Road Home <집으로가는길> (KBS1) - 20.2%, 19.8%

5. SOS24 (SBS) - 15.8%, 16.2% (#6)

6. White Lie <하얀거짓말> (MBC) - 15.6%, 16.5% (#5)

7. SBS 8 News (SBS) - 15.3%, 14.7%

8. KBS 9 News (KBS1) - 14.8%, 14.5%

credit: kdramafanusa

hi!

I just want t0 say I can't c0mpare the 2 drama basing 0n h0w it makes 0n ratings.But the m0st imp0rtant thing is the quality 0f the drama itself especially with the act0rs/actress acting 0ut their best sh0t that we as viewers feels satisfied,happy, pain,anger,suffering and 0ften we want m0re and m0re etc. etc. and we always want t0 kn0w what c0mes next that's why we can't st0p f0ll0wing it ...when is the next epis0de th0ugh the pl0t seems a little bit messed up but the acting was brilliant...excellent esp with the 2 switch character at birth and the 2 m0m.

I am watching B0F as well but t0 be h0nest I preferred the 0riginal versi0n METE0R GARDEN 1.B0F is f0r the y0ung 0ne's girls particularly s0 it is expected that rating will g0 up... it is a happy g0 lucky series t0 watch 0r sh0uld I say fun t0 watch and y0u d0n't have t0 think what will happen next... y0u just have t0 watch it f0r fun but when it c0mes t0 acting definitely I can't c0mpare it with the 0ther 0ne.

It is just an 0pini0n 0f mine... thanks

Oh i hope DW burn in hell heh. Nah honestly his a selfish brat who DC should just cast aside. I hope he wont let DW run all over him. Also is he working for teasung group now? What about being a prosecutor, im pretty sure u cant be both, other prosecutor should start being a bit suspicious.

Archived