[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the central message of this drama will be anything like the one in Steinbeck's novel "East of Eden," which is that a person can choose to be what kind of person he / she wants to be. It is not something that is predestined or genetically inherited. So DW can ultimately choose to remain the good person that he is despite knowing who his biological father is...

i'm so curios why peoples always worry about ratings. i watched both and enjoy crying and laughing it together. both has it own quality, different story potrayed and different plot. so .. just stop worry about the ratings and enjoy the story develop ok .. :D

"The choice" .. how you want to choose the right choice? the question now. What other will effect you during the decisions making. and for me .. i see "family boundaries and love" .. how his parents raised him, will contribute on his choice to be made. i believe YCH has brought him well. LDC has loved him and sacrificed for his successness. and Ki-Sun has always supported him with his study and life and, With good manner, and value. and I know he will choose the right choice.

Guest savingwork

Hi everyone ^-^

Special thanks to Luv for constantly providing us with episode pictures, and thanks to everyone who contributed with recaps, pictures, links and thoughts making the experience of watching EOE more enjoyable.

I agree with nazznen and ctyhome.

I just cannot fathom how DW can turn bad/evil!!! especially against the Lee’s due to his righteous upbringing. However, I am excited to watch if the writers would add a new twist that might force DW to go against the Lee’s. Then again, this may not happen at all. Let’s watch and see.

i'm so curios why peoples always worry about ratings. i watched both and enjoy crying and laughing it together. both has it own quality, different story potrayed and different plot. so .. just stop worry about the ratings and enjoy the story develop ok .. :D

"The choice" .. how you want to choose the right choice? the question now. What other will effect you during the decisions making. and for me .. i see "family boundaries and love" .. how his parents raised him, will contribute on his choice to be made. i believe YCH has brought him well. LDC has loved him and sacrificed for his successness. and Ki-Sun has always supported him with his study and life and, With good manner, and value. and I know he will choose the right choice.

you're not suppose to say that...there are people who are sensitive to ratings... :vicx:

------------------------------------

i really feel for KS as well...because even DW admitted before KS's wedding with WG...

"i know that you've been sacrificing your life for me, working day and night and holding off on your studies so that i may become successful..."

I hope that inset quetioning if DW or MH will turn bad or not, I wish they could break the boundaries set up by their parents (blood not only matters but what sit in between is more valuable)

that's the whole central core in the story of "East of Eden", in John Steinbeck's novel it dwelved in the subject of nature vs nurtured, can human beings fight tendencies of inheritant/genetic behaviors that flow within their blood thru upbringing and nurtured conditioning or not??...

with DW we will shortly see how the writer will portray that...

luvsoompivs00100000pn3.jpg

I agree with nazznen and ctyhome.

I just cannot fathom how DW can turn bad/evil!!! especially against the Lee’s due to his righteous upbringing. However, I am excited to watch if the writers would add a new twist that might force DW to go against the Lee’s. Then again, this may not happen at all. Let’s watch and see.

YES!!! :w00t:

it's really exciting to see how they will portray DW...

arghhh!! it's tuesday, i have class at 8am tomorrow and i will miss EOE live via online TV :tears: oh well the girls in aja-aja are doing a super job on uploading EOE pretty quick B) ...

EAST OF EDEN WILL BE EXTENDED BY 4 EPISODES

th_ddgd.jpg

MBC announced today that East of Eden will be extended by 4 episodes.

According to a person in charge, the original plan between MBC and Chorokbaem Media was to extend East of Eden by 8 episodes to cover up for the follow-up drama My Love For You abrupt cancellation. But because some of the cast members from East of Eden have other commitments, they decided to halve it to 4 episodes instead. The drama will thus end with 54 episodes. It’s believed that because the pace of the drama is progressing slower than expected, there isn’t any need to write any additional storylines.

But amidst the drama extension, there are worrying signs ahead for MBC with KBS Boys Before Flowers coming really close on the ratings front.

Boys Before Flowers set another new rating high on the 19th with 24.8% and the possibility that they could well knock East of Eden off the summit is very real despite the latter dominating for the past few months. East of Eden might still have won yesterday with 25.1% but the margin is now only 0.3%.

Since debuting, the ratings of Boys Before Flowers has been increasing with each new episode. And in only its 3rd week of broadcast, it has managed to whittled down the 10% lead held by East of Eden to only 0.3% yesterday. It will be interesting to see the final ratings after their respective episodes on the 20th. The battle between MBC and KBS has impacted SBS Terroir greatly as it registered only a dismal 6.5%, and effectively out of the equation.

source: coolsmurf

Thanks for the BTS. They are so funny. HJH is so dorky playing with TH.

With the extension of EoE for 4 eps I guess on the brighter side I'll get to see more PHJ... XD

But after this drama finishes MBC will sure worry how the next mon-tue drama will compete with KBS' BOF...

Guest sveta21

It's pretty doubtful that they'll reveal Tae Ho's mother's secret father, right? By the way, I've stopped watching EoE at ep 27 or 28, and well am very busy to devote 13 hours to it...if i start at ep 33, would i have missed anything important?

Guest edenlove

Rafaelle gave us an article, can't remember where now, mentioning EOE hitting 32% and BOF 24/25%. Since it was all in Korean, we were hoping it was average for the entire episode. I guess it was just the highest real time rating 32% for the episode.

It's AGB real-time best ratings published last night. EOE was 32% and BOF 22.5%.

you're not suppose to say that...there are people who are sensitive to ratings... :vicx:

We should also respect freedom of speech. Am with nazznen on rating.^^

It's pretty doubtful that they'll reveal Tae Ho's mother's secret father, right?

I don't think JH's father was ever mentioned in synopsis or news. It was just speculations from viewers.

JH's mother (not married) died after giving birth to her.

Has the House of Lee (i.e. East of Eden) finally fallen?

the house of the LEEs will not falter!!! it is being reshape to it's true destiny...

YJHssiii!!! OOOOWWWEEEE awesome acting on DW!!!

another star that shined!! EOE really have a great cast of wonderful actors and actresses from top to bottom bar none!!!!!!

Archived