[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest christina

I wonder if the central message of this drama will be anything like the one in Steinbeck's novel "East of Eden," which is that a person can choose to be what kind of person he / she wants to be. It is not something that is predestined or genetically inherited. So DW can ultimately choose to remain the good person that he is despite knowing who his biological father is...

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest edenlove

However in Sp only 17 users now in this thread compared to about 240 guys over there. Well...

Thousands x N people are still watching EOE online and live on TV ,

plus thousands x N time episode downloads, all over Asia and beyond.

Plus, thousands x N hits on MBC EOE forums and beyond.

Absolutely fine if EOE is overtaken by better dramas.

I wonder if the central message of this drama will be anything like the one in Steinbeck's novel "East of Eden," which is that a person can choose to be what kind of person he / she wants to be. It is not something that is predestined or genetically inherited. So DW can ultimately choose to remain the good person that he is despite knowing who his biological father is...

in some ways it does have hints but is quite different from Steinbeck's novel...it's geared towards a historical Korean timeline of events and without the obvious killings that it's in the novel...

but regarding DW...yes, i'm with you...we'll see how the writer will portray that similarity to Steinbeck's EOE novel. for MH it's indicative that he followed the blood of LKC, very clearly portrayed in the drama.

more on Steinbeck's novel synopsis/etc...

East of Eden by John Steinbeck

Anyone got bittorrent link? Aja-aja is just uploading at 6kb/s

it's not aja-aja's fault...there are literally millions of EOE fans out there trying to download ep41 and other dramas that they give out...so for it to be slow in downloading is understandable, their server bandwidth can only take so much, try to understand and be patient...they'll have it out...

Guest SSHsaranghae

Thank you so much for the information, so it is going to be extended but not by a lot.

Seems confirmed for extension of 4 episodes. To end at Ep 54.

News source: http://star.moneytoday.co.kr/view/stview.p...link=2&SVEC

Oh, I do hope viikii will have this episode up soon, I really would like to see what happen with DC's mother and what happen with DW at the end of the episode *anxious* :unsure:

Thanks Luv

TNS

Nationwide Rank / Show / Network / Nationwide Rating / Seoul Rating + Rank {if different from Nationwide}

1. Cruel Temptation / Lure Of Wife <아내의유혹> (SBS) - 34.5%, 35.6%

2. East Of Eden <에덴의동쪽> (MBC) - 25.1%, 26.9%

3. Boys Over Flower <꽃보다 남자> episode 5 (KBS2) - 24.8%, 24.3%

4. The Road Home <집으로가는길> (KBS1) - 20.6%, 19.0%

credit: kdramafanusa

WOW...EOE and BOF neck to neck in the rating. Good job by LMS and PHJ for holding the fort for EOE. Keep it up PHJ

Guest edenlove

AGB

Nationwide Rank / Show / Network / Nationwide Rating / Seoul Rating + Rank {if different from Nationwide}

1. Cruel Temptation / Lure Of Wife <아내의유혹> (SBS) - 33.1%, 32.1%

2. East Of Eden <에덴의동쪽> (MBC) - 27.1%, 29.7%

3. The Road Home <집으로가는길> (KBS1) - 23.7%, 23.6%

4. Boys Over Flower <꽃보다 남자> episode 5 (KBS2) - 22.2%, 21.4%

Guest luthien

TNS

1. Cruel Temptation / Lure Of Wife <아내의유혹> (SBS) - 34.5%, 35.6%

2. East Of Eden <에덴의동쪽> (MBC) - 25.1%, 26.9%

3. Boys Over Flower <꽃보다 남자> episode 5 (KBS2) - 24.8%, 24.3%

4. The Road Home <집으로가는길> (KBS1) - 20.6%, 19.0%

WOW...EOE and BOF neck to neck in the rating. Good job by LMS and PHJ for holding the fort for EOE. Keep it up PHJ

Rafaelle gave us an article, can't remember where now, mentioning EOE hitting 32% and BOF 24/25%. Since it was all in Korean, we were hoping it was average for the entire episode. I guess it was just the highest real time rating 32% for the episode. Nevertheless, LMS's performance was as amazing as expected. All I'm looking forward to now are DW-centered episodes.

Credit: Yahoo News Korea

wish someone would translate it

http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/1029/edensubs500zv5.jpg

BROUGHT TO YOU BY WITH S2

WRITTEN IN THE HEAVENS SUBBING SQUAD

EPISODE 40 *ENTAL* ENGLISH SUBS

Main Translators: saranghae<3 & ripgal

Spot Translator: meju

Timer: szhoang

Editor/QC: sayroo

Coordinators: mily2, ay_link

Thank again for all your hard work so that we can enjoy EOE!

Archived