[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

Yes it's getting more painful & I can't bear it after I shed tears all these Eps to see a sad Ending..

btw, anyone know the name of the song they play it at the end of Ep52 where YR & DC having their wedding.. :)

The song is called 그런 사람 또 없습니다 by 이승철. The song is in the movie OST called Sadder Than Sadness. Go to this link and there you will find the song on page 13. Thanks to autumn sangwoofo who provided the link.

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...0787&st=240

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One major flaw to this episode is it is unthinkable and unimaginable that an Underground boss would allow himself and his love to be rescued first and become fugitives on the run when his runners were caught or will be rounded up in a matter of time by the law enforcers.This is Korea in the 1980s-1990s.There is an unspoken pledge where the mafia boss will never forsaken his people no matter what. This is just a very lousy plot.

For me I love the beginning of this series, for its moral,its family value and its good script .It just swayed away and the plots just get to be ridiculous. Though it may be bleak, I sincerely hope that this drama will end on the right note for all the effort put in by the incredible casts.This is not one to to glorify one actor against other but a collected team work .

I don't think it's helpful for you to go on about how "stupid" this show is unless you'd like to enlighten folks about your displeasure. I'm not saying that your opinion isn't valid - it just doesn't substantiate the REASON why you are displeased about the show. Clearly you've watched it thus far, which means you liked it or were curious enough to keep watching. Are you unhappy about why Shin Tae Hwan doesn't seem to be getting his comeuppance? Or do you dislike the incontinuity of the characters and/or the the plot? And how would the Japanese viewers know the prognosis of the drama if they've never seen it? Just because you don't happen to like it, doesn't mean everyone else has to agree with your opinion. It would be good if you could elaborate on your reasons for disliking your drama.

since the acting is so incredibly good.

*sigh*

:rolleyes:

if you read the person that i quoted in that response of mine...i was pointing out my thoughts sarcastically to that person who've been putting down EOE constantly on his/her comments :lol:

there's a silent majority that love EOE and see it as good drama to watch ever since at the beginning since August of 2008...a lot of these people had to endure a lot of constant attacks from people who just love to bash the drama without giving a reason as to why they keep watching it?? <_<

but if you wanna find out for yourself...go ahead and read the previous pages of this thread...

There is an article on today's episode with some screencaps.

http://www.tvreport.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=24093

I think the first few paragraphs is a summary of today's episode. I am more interested in the last paragraph. Any hints on next week's episode? Or just viewers' reaction to the preview?

Thanks.

I posed the question for reason that DC and YR must be married , since many people think it's just an illusion that they married in front of Mr. Gook. Of course I know Korea is a very conservative and traditional country. So, back to the question, DC and YR are then married...? Of course.

BTW, Lee Yeon Hee said in the Behind the Scene interview last week that the wedding is the dream of her father. It hasn't happened. Bibidep posted the BTS info a couple of days ago.

Guest fjkuan

Thanks.

BTW, Lee Yeon Hee said in the Behind the Scene interview last week that the wedding is the dream of her father. It hasn't happened. Bibidep posted the BTS info a couple of days ago.

That was my answer for someone who said if they were to go by Korean traditions (and being Christian), there would not be any hanky panky pre-marriage. So normally, they would have been married. Your findings for the BTS interview of LYH makes YR and DC a liberal pair by Korean standards. Whether YR and DC are married or not, they are happy together now. I hope nothing bad happens to them. I'm staying optimistic.

Guest OneSky.

One major flaw to this episode is it is unthinkable and unimaginable that an Underground boss would allow himself and his love to be rescued first and become fugitives on the run when his runners were caught or will be rounded up in a matter of time by the law enforcers.This is Korea in the 1980s-1990s.There is an unspoken pledge where the mafia boss will never forsaken his people no matter what. This is just a very lousy plot.

For me I love the beginning of this series, for its moral,its family value and its good script .It just swayed away and the plots just get to be ridiculous. Though it may be bleak, I sincerely hope that this drama will end on the right note for all the effort put in by the incredible casts.This is not to glorify one actor against other but a collected team work .

I agree. I wish there was a better way to end the drama without having the couple as fugitive runaways or have DC in jail. Like most of us here, I'm going to wait for the next episode in hopes that 'justice' will prevail. That god's punnishment on STH will finally reign down upon him. What makes me so fusturated is that DW is blinded by his father's setups and such. His pride is so high--especially when he said, "Do you think, I, Lee Dongwook would investigate a set-up case!?" He believes every single word STH ways but never believes anything DC says. DW knows how cruel and untrustworthy of a person STH is, yet he believes him. He keeps screaming "Where's the PROOF" but he should think about it in another way! Where's the freaking PROOF that Dongchul isn't lying! Where's the PROOF that STH isn't setting up DC! He lost his trust for his own brother! I don't care if they're not "blood related" because that whole epidemic of 'bloodlines' is pathetic. Couldn't he just investigate the car and see if it was deliberately broken by the hands of a man? There are so many loose ends to how he goes about dealing with cases. I sympathize for DW but it's getting beyond sympathy that he deservers. He needs to open his eyes and try to find out whether or not what DC is saying is true--INSTEAD OF trying to find something DC did "wrong" to put him into jail.

I'm usually optimistic about most dramas, but for EOE--I'd' have to say that it's going to end horribly. Most likely a tear-jerking ending that will make me regret watching this entire series to see STH go unpunnished. T_____T My hope is like a small candle fire during a big hurricane.

Guest tchq90

Another flaw to the story - they added the new girl who is supposed to be DW's lover then made her disappeared without a trace.

Guest fjkuan

Another flaw to the story - they added the new girl who is supposed to be DW's lover then made her disappeared without a trace.

Yes. what's the point of her existence? They were supposed to be a pair, but that didn't even happened. At this point, I'm just taking this drama at face value. Try to enjoy it until the end and hope it all ends well for the Lee family and MH. I have no idea what the new writer's goals are for the plot. This is why I think there's going to be a twist. Just don't want to be disappointed.

Guest kchild702

There is an article on today's episode with some screencaps.

http://www.tvreport.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=24093

I think the first few paragraphs is a summary of today's episode. I am more interested in the last paragraph. Any hints on next week's episode? Or just viewers' reaction to the preview?

Thanks.

the article basically was about the eps.54

how the brother got it on again and how dongwook closed his eyes on that snake looking guy knowing that is a crime. that could cost him his job but dongwook wants to be the big shot so he did the dirty.

한편, 마지막 회를 2회 앞둔 ‘에덴의 동쪽’, 동욱은 동철을 탈주범으로 지명수배 내린다. 동철과 영란은 입원한 춘희를 찾아가 인사를 드리고, 도피를 시작한다. 행복한 아침을 맞은 두 사람. 동철과 영란의 아름다운 베드신이 예고돼 시청자들의 마음을 설레게 만들었다.

the last paragraph is talking about the next weeks preview how theres only 2 more eps left. DW put out a nation wide search on DC. It also talks about DC and YR meeting YCH and saying goodbye and the last part........................ they r saying that bed scene is making the viewers anxious. i guess the viewers r really hoping for this.

That part is making the viwers hearts beating fast.

kchild702, thanks a lot for the translation :)

the last paragraph is talking about the next weeks preview how theres only 2 more eps left. DW put out a nation wide search on DC. It also talks about DC and YR meeting YCH and saying goodbye and the last part........................ they r saying that bed scene is making the viewers anxious. i guess the viewers r really hoping for this.

I actually don’t see it as major flaw cause I saw DC keeps looking back and shows his concern. Are we running a double standards here? How many times DC has to place himself in danger just to save the people he loves and cares? This is the only exception that he has to run out of situation.

If there is any flaw, I think the one who represents the “justice” actually needs some boost on his EQ, IQ and if possible some decent humanity.

Guest fjkuan

the article basically was about the eps.54

how the brother got it on again and how dongwook closed his eyes on that snake looking guy knowing that is a crime. that could cost him his job but dongwook wants to be the big shot so he did the dirty.

한편, 마지막 회를 2회 앞둔 ‘에덴의 동쪽’, 동욱은 동철을 탈주범으로 지명수배 내린다. 동철과 영란은 입원한 춘희를 찾아가 인사를 드리고, 도피를 시작한다. 행복한 아침을 맞은 두 사람. 동철과 영란의 아름다운 베드신이 예고돼 시청자들의 마음을 설레게 만들었다.

thanks for the translation. Is DC and YR fleeting that's why they're saying goodbye to his mother? I thought she was giving them her blessing.....So are they going to have a real wedding at the end? I'm just glad they're together and happy. Will something bad happen to them after this one happy night together?

Guest kchild702

thanks for the translation. Is DC and YR fleeting that's why they're saying goodbye to his mother? I thought she was giving them her blessing.....So are they going to have a real wedding at the end? I'm just glad they're together and happy. Will something bad happen to them after this one happy night together?

yes she did give her blessing but i didnt know wuts the best way to put that word "insha" u know (hi, hello, how are you) in korean tradition.

but they have to say good bye for now kuzz DC and YR r a fugitives.

oh and the viewers in korea r pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssed at DW.

they r saying that ungreatful bastar.

how could he do that to a father figure.

how could he easily forget where he came from.

he forgot his root. just bla bla bla bla.

Guest fjkuan

yes she did give her blessing but i didnt know wuts the best way to put that word "insha" u know (hi, hello, how are you) in korean tradition.

but they have to say good bye for now kuzz DC and YR r a fugitives.

oh and the viewers in korea r pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssed at DW.

they r saying that ungreatful bastar.

how could he do that to a father figure.

how could he easily forget where he came from.

he forgot his root. just bla bla bla bla.

thanks. keep us posted on these updates. :P

this is hilarious, so the viewers in Korea are thinking the same as us. :w00t:

Guest kchild702

thanks. keep us posted on these updates. :P

i'll do my best to translate. but if its a whole page i'll just cut it short and put it simple for u guys. those who r interested. :D

i still haven't watch eps.53,54 all the way. i just skip through it.

Guest fjkuan

i'll do my best to translate. but if its a whole page i'll just cut it short and put it simple for u guys. those who r interested. :D

u r kind. :D

Thanks a lot kchild702. Keep us posted of any updates. BTW, do you know if they wrap up the shooting? I supposed all the shooting is finished but surprisingly I haven't heard any news about it.

i still haven't watch eps.53,54 all the way. i just skip through it.

Guest sujin 3

Is anyone at this point actually expecting a happy ending at all? Not specifically for Guk Ja & Dong Chul but for anyone in particular.

i think they will hae a happy ending, i don't think the writer could be that mean and make a bad ending for the main character DC and Guk Ja.

the writer probably knows that people want Guk Ja and DC to have a happy ending!!

Guest kchild702

u know DW reminds me of this young prosecutor from country side i think it wuz during kim dae jung's admin. he wanted to make a name for himself and set up kim dae jungs cabinet member. This prosecutor wanted to become a special prosecutor so, what he did was hired a gangsters and took pix of that cabinet member and exposed it to the media. but that fool got caught and thrown in jail. ha.

maybe this will happen to DW.

Archived