San Diego Love

Guest axel1238

Guest jintaekim

hello!!! ive lived in sd for a good 11 years now... im getting kind of bored of the same places ive been going to... convoy, la jolla, downtown, etc... are there any hidden gems that you fellow sd kids have found???

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Guest sukiyakiyamy;~;

anyone know any good asian dresses places in SD?

i need one by thursday ):

like orient/chinese dresses...black.. it can have silver or white :D

i googled it and found dong van? but idk though..

ill try convoy later on today.. but so far iv found nothing. :(

please help!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bby-GIE

hey.

umm I'm currently in San Diego right now.

just wondering if someone could do a quick list of all the fun places to go and shop and stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

hey.

umm I'm currently in San Diego right now.

just wondering if someone could do a quick list of all the fun places to go and shop and stuff.

Late reply, but...

Hmm... if you're originally from norcal, LA, or OC, then you probably won't find much here. Depending on what your interests are, there can be plenty to do.

- I always enjoy going to the San Diego Zoo, especially since the weather's colder now. You don't have to roast in the hot sun, since it can get humid at the zoo. It's fun to visit the pandas. I usually have an annual pass though, since it's really cheap to get one ($79 for a dual membership for two people). Wild Animal Park is bigger, but doesn't have pandas. ;[

- Kearney Mesa - this is where all the Asians flock to, with all the yummy (although some quite pricey) food. I don't leave SD very often, so I don't have much to compare to.

- Downtown SD/Little Italy/Balboa Park - these areas are all next to each other. There's museums + zoo in Balboa Park. There's bars, dining, clubs, etc. in downtown SD, and there's more dining in Little Italy.

- Shopping - eh... everyone goes to the Fashion Valley Mall in Mission Valley (off the I-8 freeway). IDK, it's nothing special, since I've lived here so long. :P

Guest you_wish

heyyy guysss :)

im going to to visit san diego next week and i

was wondering waht are some cool places to check out?

so far, i plan on going to the san diego zoo and seaworld,

but how about shopping places?

or likee good places to grab a bite?

also, are there any little asian shops or asian neighborhoods to check out?

all thats in my city is a morning glory (chicago), hmart, and the shops in chinatown, etc.

tahnkssss :)

Guest sukiyakiyamy;~;

anyone here go to UCHS? O:

mm..well golden chopstick has delicious garlic chicken wings :DD [they're big] and really really good! my friend buys them so im not sure how much they cost but iv heard that that place is really cheap! [it's in national city]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hannieoon

It's funny because I think San Diego is pretty boring but I couldn't imagine living anywhere else... at least for now. I was contemplating moving up to Seattle because it's a nice city and cheap rent (the good parts anyways lol) but it rains all the time and that would be too depressing to see gray skies 8 months out of the year.

Anyways... anyone know of a good cake/pastry shop around here?

^^^Bakery and Cafe next to the boxing club on Convoy is FANTASTIC. The strawberry cream cake is to die for and the almond cookies and super good, dipped in tea makes it taste even better.

What's the name of that place (the bakery)? And I don't even know where the Boxing Club is DX

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Souriya

San Diego definitely is a pretty nice city and I can't imagine having to live anywhere else. lol

Hello to all you fellow San Diegans! :D

You wouldn't happen to know of any other good bakeries, would you? Gotta love and appreciate yummy baked goods.

hahaha i think i saw u kurisu at the ucsd soompi meet

Oh? You didn't say hi! I don't know many people from the meet since I'm always only there for like... a really short while (happened fall quarter XD).

Ah, you're talking about Big Joy? Hehe yea I went there twice before! I yelped them too haha XD

WTH, UCSD has soompi meets?

Damn, I wish there were soompi meets when I was going there.

Oh yeah, soompi wasn't even in existence when I attended there, I think.

Shoot, the average soompier wasn't even born yet either. :huh:

Guest rycepicker

didnt know this was here but hello to everyone from SD :D... i live here.... but currently in taiwan for a little vacation with some friends :D

Archived