San Diego Love

Guest axel1238

Okay since I've already pm'd a couple of you. I'll put this out there for everyone. Anyone that wants to go to the korean group but has a little apprehension because you don't know anyone, PM me and I'll meet you earlier if that will make you feel comfortable. I promise it's not a scary group of people and I go every week. I'll make sure they're nice to you, and you're matched with someone good.

I'm not a stalker, just a strange looking asian girl, couldn't harm a fly if I tried. PM me, I'd be happy to meet you at the cafe or anywhere else you'd prefer before everyone else arrives, just PM me to make arrangements. Please come!

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SHINeeLover19

i think a good place would be convoy st where all the asian restaurants are at. will you go to UCSD by any chance? you can always eat on campus since there's a yogurt world, tapex and price center with a lot of other food places. if you're into shopping, you can also check out UTC westfield mall; it's where a lot of students shop. btw Shinee rocks

Yep! I'll be going to UCSD. :) I'll keep Convoy street in mind. Do you know how far it is from the university?? Hmmm. I'm kind of a big shopper. lol. I just have fun window shopping mostly. :) Thanks for the advice!! Are you from the San Diego area???

And yes... SHINee is AMAZING. :)

Guest aznfury

Anyone that wants to go to the korean group but has a little apprehension because you don't know anyone, PM me and I'll meet you earlier if that will make you feel comfortable. I promise it's not a scary group of people and I go every week. I'll make sure they're nice to you, and you're matched with someone good.

Ya, trust Vina in this :) It's true!! Everyone there is down to earth and super nice even though I am super shy haha.

There was only one bad moment and this was after the meetup at the karaoke room, some dude kept making fun of how big of a person I was. Yeah, I'm a big guy .. always been ... but the guy didn't even get the chance to know me and started talking smack. If he's there again next week, I'm not showing up anymore. :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BigBangLuv

There was only one bad moment and this was after the meetup at the karaoke room, some dude kept making fun of how big of a person I was. Yeah, I'm a big guy .. always been ... but the guy didn't even get the chance to know me and started talking smack. If he's there again next week, I'm not showing up anymore. :angry:

Man.. I'm sorry to hear that ><... that's horrible...

no one should be judge by there outer appearance..

I don't think I'd wanna meet that guy anyway.

hopefully that isn't how the people are at the meets =/

but if theirs any SD meet, I'm definitely up for them ^^!

Guest zeth.rotter

wow, are most people on here from north county?

or am i like, the only one from south county, paradise hills and spring valley area?

well anyway.

nice to meet ya you fellow san diegites :'D

wow, are most people on here from north county?

or am i like, the only one from south county, paradise hills and spring valley area?

well anyway.

nice to meet ya you fellow san diegites :'D

Oh what...someone else in the Paradise Hills area huh. I live close to 2 story McD's hah.

Guest zeth.rotter

haha i live in National City .. so I am in the south area :D

ohhh, i grew up there. nice to meet ya :'D

Oh what...someone else in the Paradise Hills area huh. I live close to 2 story McD's hah.

i know where that's aaat. i'm kinda by the jack in the box and ralphs. |: but yeah, finally someone from paradise hills. 8D

wow you guys aren't that far :) hahaha ... i live near the Shell gas station and the ghetto Mexican restaurant with the bars on Division St and Euclid >_<

I think I'll check out that korean meetup group tonight!

Maybe I'll see some of you there.

Nice meeting you there dude! Hopefully we can make a SD meetup for Soompi-ers for the Asian Film Festival next month! :)

Yes, but you gotta drive to the hood (San Diego's Little Saigon). hahaha I recommend Pho Hoa and Saigon if you can make the trip. It is quite far from UCSD though but the most authentic and in business for many many years.

Pho Hoa

4717 El Cajon Blvd

(between 47th St & Euclid Ave)

San Diego, CA 92115

(619) 283-6431

http://www.yelp.com/biz/pho-hoa-san-diego

Saigon

4455 El Cajon Blvd

(at Highland Ave)

San Diego, CA 92115

(619) 284-4215

http://www.yelp.com/biz/saigon-restaurant-san-diego

Outta topic, there is a nice Italian restaurant near Saigon called "Etna's" and they are open until 3AM. Really great authentic Italian food :)

It is quite far from UCSD though but the most authentic and in business for many many years

I actually dislike pho, but I've been to these places. It's not really that far as people make it out to be. Depends on the way you go, but realistically, we're looking at 20 minutes drive MAX. Going to Mira Mesa is about ~10 minutes drive, so it's not really that bad.

El Cajon BLVD does feel like the hood though. I've lived here for maybe half my life and I still fear for my life, especially going here at night. Although I do see a bunch of well-off Asians (with their new Mercedes, BMWs, etc.) parking in these tight complexes just to eat here. It just goes to show how authentic they are.

P.S. Pho La Jolla is SO NOT WORTH IT.

Guest HERMIT

There's quite a few pho places to choose from in the Convoy and Linda Vista area. I usually stick to those places, but then again it's close for me. Funny thing though is that I can't remember the names of all these places for the life of me, lol.

Guest Courtknee

Saigon on El Cajon Blvd. is very good :3 I live so close to there.

For pho, I usually go to Ca Dao - the restaurant near the World Foods Market. >D

I will definitely be seeing some of the movies at the San Diego Asian Film Festival. |:

Archived