Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

@meelis, Was going to write the same! :)) Or maybe it's just the lighting!
*thankfully he still didn't cut his hair* I want him to bleach his hair like in Punch with the same hairstyle during the Japanese Baseball event, Kang Ji Hwan did the same for Big Man, why not? :))

Guest meelis

IKR, @QuercusL, at least it looks like that, there is some shadow there on his upper lip, but it doesn't look like mustache... Well, maybe on other pics it will be seen better. :)
LOL, @salijoo, if he only knew what your plans are about his hair, he would run away. >:)
But I agree with you, I'd love to see him with that hair again. :)

Guest meelis

LOL, @QuercusL, at least we know the lobster was after the performance... or not? :D
I agree about his weight, I was thinking of saying that already about the lobster pic. I hope he won't play someone terminally ill, please.... :)I also hope that Sung Yuri's face is small enough. ;)

Guest meelis

LOL, @salijoo, agree on this one. :))
I was suddenly reminded of our speculations half through Empress Ki about WY at the end of the drama, there were two options: - as an "old" king they make JJM wear the awful long beard we have seen in other sageuks- they send him not to exile but to a monastery to become a monk, so they make JJM shave his head.
Thinking of it, it wasn't bad that WY died before these two options happened. =))

@meelis, LOL, but for his drama he prefers bleaching a little his hair and cut them short, let's see what he'll do...
And yes, for EK, at least he died with that face :D
tumblr_n99gp1v2ZR1sq7hzoo2_500.gif

@QuercusL & @lucy13880, thought it was the picture, never trust instagram but I kinda agree with you, it looks like he lost some weight... Now it's sure he's ready for shooting the drama... Now give me the damn title of that drama!!!!

@Calphurnia2007, LOL, don't remember anyone saying his acting was bad, in fact, he perfectly acted his roles, I think you missunderstood with his character that didn't really stand out, not his performance. ;)
About his acting skills, I will write with an un-biased point of view. Joo Jin Mo's acting skills during his rookie days was far better than all the other actors on his age bracket that are more popular than him today with a big margin, I didn't expected that. Being less popular comes from the fact that he never chose a chaebol or flower boy role that might attract a big fanbase. Look at all the hot actors who have the same age or are the same generation as him they always are more popular than him because of one thing, they acted a chaebol or a flower boy in a drama. Joo Jin Mo never did that and I'm so proud of him.
BUT, it doesn't mean he's chosen during his career the most interesting roles (if he wanted to follow Choi Min Sik & Song Kang Ho's path), some of them were pretty bland or one-dimensional, such a waste of Joo Jin Mo's acting pattern and people still have some problems distinguishing badly written characters from bad acting. So far, his most well written character was in A Frozen Flower. Hopefully, Empress Ki was a good wake up call and he'll try some risky-interesting characters again because he just got too comfortable with his own success that he's chosen basically the same character for years.

@salijoo,
I thought he was good in Happy End and excellent in Sad Temptation.  I haven't watched Dance Dance.  I liked his acting in Empress Ki as well, I think that's his best drama and his best performance in a drama.  Of course some movies were not very good, but mostly he was good in them.  I haven't seen a terrible performance yet.  I am currently watching Punch and he is playing the cheerful oppa next door rather well.  He's a pretty creative actor and never boring.  He does have a quite a bit of unexpected acting moments in Punch.

Guest meelis

Thank you for the CC pics, @lucy13880, I still can't make up my mind on whether he has the mustache on (not that this is so important ;))).
Thank you also for the FM report, as far as I understand, mamma Dong is also waiting for the official "Joo t'aime" club to release some photos. I guess Japanese have a very strict policy about that (I always admire their discipline, but not really in this case). Frankly, what takes them so long, it's been a week? In fact, we have seen anything around the FM but JJM himself. :-w

Guest meelis

@lucy13880, you mean Fantagio? I don't count on them at all anymore. :-<  I meant the Official Japanese fan club "Joo t'aime".