Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

Guest meelis

LOL, @chinalily_wang, we developped many talents because of the cheerful ninja oppa next door:we excell now in comedy, detective work, fortune telling etc.
BTW, he must be in Busan already, no? For some reason, people there love him, remember the Guerilla date (maybe his saturi is good, IDK, @salijoo would tell), in any case every time he is in Busan someone spots him and takes pictures. I hope it will be the case this time too.  :)

Guest meelis

LOL, @chinalily_wang, true! I guess this is the effect of the sea breeze on him :))  Ah, too bad they apparently missed his dinner tonight, so maybe tomorrow? ;))

@meelis, Well, I still remember one of Joo Jin Mo's staff during his 'A Frozen Flower' shooting made fun of him because he guessed wrong where her saturi came from (or he spelled it wrong lol my saturi isn't good). :))

Well, there was a blog post on Naver where a fish restaurant said how Joo Jin Mo was crazy of its food and went eating everyday during his Empress Ki shooting, so being in Busan might led him to try all the fish restaurants a 2nd, 3rd, infinity of times already. :))

Guest meelis

LOL, @salijoo, so maybe it isn't because of his saturi. :D
Oh, yes, I also remember that one of the pics last summer (with Kim Min Jong) was from a sea food restaurant and the girl who took the pic was also praising the crabs (?, not sure) served there. So JJM surely knows how to choose where to eat when in Busan (and not only). ;))

Guest lorac

I laughed when I saw the comments of how you wake up every day and first thing check Naver for news. I check here every day to read the speculation and for any news. I'll read it here first when the drama is announced.
And, by the way, 14 million won for a pair of shoes... that seems to be an ungodly amount in US dollars. 14 million won = 12495.00000 US Dollar. Do I need to move the decimal two places to the left to make it $124.95? Now that doesn't seem too bad.

Hello guys! While waiting for the title of his drama, just want to share some screencaps I made.. though its not HQ lol.. Just finished watching A Love (Sarang). JJM was amazing in it, but the ending is tragic.. I guess you all watched it already. It's like Korean Romeo & Juliet, lol. Did he win any award for that movie? I think his acting there is Best Actor worthy. Some part of my review:
It’s a love story that reminds you of Romeo & Juliet, though with some action and gangster scenes. In-Ho thought his life was worth living because of Mi-Ju, so when she was gone he didn’t find a reason to live anymore. The story is kind of depressing but touching in a way. Joo Jin Mo is so believable in letting you into In-Ho’s sad journey. He makes you feel his true love for Mi-Ju. The story as a whole, is simple yet tragically beautiful. How I wish In-Ho still had hope left in him. He deserved another chance at life. But then, the film showed how profound one’s love is that it’s a reason for existing, and that its absence makes life not worth living at all.
10647111_857748574282475_386404356165622
11070632_857748587615807_756580820872808
11040397_857748614282471_250472014951957
1422573_857748640949135_7192718996326259
11071730_857748657615800_748695251096335
1555497_857747747615891_5671492688299494

@meelis & @lucy13880 thank you. oh I see so he travelled to US for this movie. cool. so this movie was quite popular back then. I think it's one of his best movies.. despite the tragic ending..looking forward to those Hawaii clothes, lol... I'll try to find them, too.. :)

Guest meelis

@joyoflife77, welcome back, glad to see you here! >:D< I hope, me too (and JJM said it himself), that his new drama character will be a complete departure from Wang Yoo, we all need something new, fresh and never seen by JJM. :)
@jei_em, great review as usual, thank you! =D> A Love is my second favorite JJM movie after A Frozen Flower, not so much because of the movie itself, but because it's exclusively centered around his character and we get to see many different aspects of his acting. I've written about the movie several times, so now I'd like to share with you a Love review found in one of my favorite sites covering Asian cinema (the guy is a movie lover from Germany who writes very good reviews), here you are (only the parts about JJM's acting and his character):

Of course this also includes a lot of tears and some emotional scenes that maybe prove to be maybe a bit over-the top, but the fantastic acting abilities of Ju Jin-mo and the fact that director Kwak more or less approaches his movie from a macho-like perspective, make this movie hit the right notes.

It strikes the eye pretty soon that the love story doesn’t grant man and woman the same amount of time. We watch the drama unfolding through the eyes of In-ho and we get to know the modern archetype of a man. Rough, unselfish and when it comes to love vulnerable as well. Ju Jin-mo (“Musa”, “Wanee and Junah”) is simply the perfect cast for this role and is responsible that we can take In-ho into our heart in an instant. He is very masculine, his distinctive looks and his deep voice add to this impression and he also doesn’t refrain from letting his fists speak when it comes to taking care of unjustness. Yet when a woman enters the stage he also is capable of crying his eyes out. That’s what makes many men find themselves in him. Yes, women just need to open their eyes, there are more sensitive men around them nowadays than they think! And one of them stands in the focus of a story that is genre-overlapping and adds more tension and action to the mix than many other romantic dramas, yet always remains a character explorative drama in its core.

……………….

This also brings us to a big problem of “A Love” which is Mi-ju’s character. She is too unelaborated even to the degree that we have to ask ourselves what In-ho actually sees in her. Thanks to Ju Jin-mo’s great acting it’s easy, though, to sympathize with him and to understand his feelings of a maybe projected glorified kind of love, in other words having fallen in love with the glorified feeling of love itself. In-ho is a strong protector who suffers a lot. Fate really doesn’t mean well for him, a fact which also stands as one of the film’s flaws because naturally some of the coincidences that play an important role for the story progression seem to be far-fetched to say the least. Still, director Kwak is quite aware of that and thus makes In-ho complain about cruel fate playing its game with him in an almost apologetic fashion. (a note: as we already know, that sentence about the cruel fate was made up by JJM at the moment they were shooting the scene)

……………………

Apart from some of the typical flaws of a romantic melodrama “A Love” proves to be a well-done, tear-filled movie which is also easy for male audiences to watch thanks to its focus on a manly and though individual, a man that can also suffer from the same heartache as women no matter how many gangsters he can knock out in a fist fight. Simply the ideal modern man for women which is way the female audience will like “A Love” as well. 

-end-

The whole review: http://www.asianmovieweb.com/en/reviews/a_love.htm

@joyoflife77 I kind of agree with you regarding Wang Yoo, I'm still attached to that character, also because it's still showing in our country.. so its kinda hard to let go of him. But I am looking forward to his new drama with a completely different character.
@meelis thank you! :) I don't really review movies regularly, I just do that once a movie inspired me to do so. That review you posted is excellent.. For me, a movie is great if I cared for the characters. In this case In-Ho is such a charismatic character. He is tough outside but when it comes to love, he is weak and would do everything for his love (just like Wang Yoo). All the stages in In-Ho's life made me care for him (not because he is JJM, lol).  Because, you can feel his innocence. All of In-ho's struggles, being bullied, being sentenced to prison and his entire lonely life.. I felt bad for him. The movie is awesome in immersing you into In-Ho's sad journey. Despite this being melodramatic, In-Ho won't let you abandon the story, he will make you stick with the movie to the end.
I think my favorite part was when he was crying in his room after knowing Mi-Ju was his boss' mistress. He was blaming destiny for what happened to them. I can actually see his tears falling.
10622866_857747570949242_762680886980231
And when Mi-Ju died, I swear I was on the verge of crying. Poor In-Ho.. He loved her so much that his life is meaningless without her.. (Though I agree that Mi-Ju was so boring you would wonder what In-Ho saw in her.)
11008445_857748344282498_286092573352296

I also agree on the review regarding the ending. I was like, wtf is that it? Like the screen just freezed and its over. (I guess its because JJM would not really jump off the cliff lol)
I can say that A Love is about In-Ho's love. The movie is about In-Ho. I love it because this is what you really call a title role. A movie that is centered around his character, a movie that he could call his very own. :)