Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

@salijoo and @lucy13880, Here I find an old news about JJM's signing contract with Fantagio, which mentioned that both sides will work tegether as strategic partners. I don't know what strategic partners mean? Is there special meaning for that?

[News] Joo Jin-mo signs management contract with Ha Jung-woo's agency.
Cr. - 10asia

Actor Joo Jin-mo has inked a deal with fantagio, Korea's talent agency that also manages the careers of Ha Jung-woo and Ji Jin-hee.

The news was delivered through the firm's press release this morning, writing that the "Frozen Flower" star is now under fantagio's management and that both sides will work together as strategic partners from now on.

In the statement, fantagio's C. E. O. Na Byung-joon said, "Joo is an actor who has built strong acting skills and credibility as an actor throughout his acting career. His star power will add more diversity to the original lineup of fantagio."

Joo, who recently appeared in historical film "GABI (Coffee)" in March, made his debut in his first feature "Dance Dance" in 1999.

Starring in "200 Pounds Beauty" (2006) opposite actress Kim Ah-joong and "Frozen Flower" (2008) with actor Zo In-sung, Joo has many popular credits under his belt.

He also tried some singing during his acting career in 2001, when he released the digital single of his rendition of "Like Rain, Like Music," by late singer Kim Hyun-sik.

@lyfuym, Thanks! Well "strategic partner" can have tons of meanings like:

- a polite statement meaning that they will work together
- or JJM as an Ex-CEO has some shares in Fantagio (that's possible too)*

*I don't know why he closed down JM Company but if it wasn't for something big, it'd mean that he has enough money to buy some Fantagio's shares.

@QuercusL said that he closed it down because of 'Gabi' big failure but does JM Company was one of the 'Gabi' producers or gave lots of money to the production? If not it can't be the reason. Even more that Kang Sora gained alot at that time thanks to 'Sunny' success. I have a theory but well... :))

@Salijoo About the reason for him to close his own company, I think one of the reasons is , at that time ,he was going to take Qiong Yao's drama. Because Qiong Yao's drama is a Chinese drama, his own company didn't have any person who can contact with Chinese people. So he chose to close his company.

@salijoo, Thank you for the explanation. If as @chinalily_wang said, JJM signed contract with Fantagio mainly to take care of his project in China,maybe Fantagio is not in full charge of JJM's acting business (maybe that's why they call it strategic partnership). Since Fantagio's strength is its connection in China, I hope this agency can get some good Chinese-Korea joint movie projects for him. There has been increasing number of Korean actors/actresses doing that lately.

@lucy13880, ...WAITING?

We're waiting for everything and frankly his Japanese Fan Meeting is the least of my worries... I'm waiting for the drama and it's killing me. :))
But seeing how Kang So Ra & Kim Woo Bin still didn't confirm for Jejudo Gatsby yet which premieres one week before Masked Prosecutor, I'm calming down. :D

@lyfuym, I'll only accept a Kor-Chi joint movie if Fan Bing Bing is his co-star. B-)
If not, I prefer him to not waste his time shooting those kind of movies as the results have been more awkward (script-wise and acting-wise) than stellar. He already did lots of joint movies, hope he'll focus more on Korean movies.

Yes @salijoo we almost need to wait for everything!! which is really torture for me.

And agree with you. Those Kor-Chi cooperation of movie and drama won't be good choice. Personally think that's waste of time and actor's energy and acting. Though Chinese projects always offer high reward.

LOL About Fan Bing Bing, in 2013 Joo Jin Mo was rumored to act with Zhao Wei who is Fan's co-star in their debut drama .

@lucy13880, Thank you for the pictures.

@salijoo, Haha..., So you like Fan Bing Bing . Do you know there are many news/rumors about the feud between Fan Bing-bing and Zhang Zi Yi lately? If  JJM really works with FBB, he will become hot for gossip (and will make a record too). LOOOOOOL

@salijoo, Haha..., So you like Fan Bing Bing . Do you know there are many news/rumors about the feud between Fan Bing-bing and Zhang Zi Yi lately? If  JJM really works with FBB, he will become hot for gossip (and will make a record too). LOOOOOOL

No no Zhang Ziyi please. For that joke in Guru Show he was still criticized by C-netizen. They are mean to him. They have prejudice on K-stars. They don't know why he made that joke only attacking him.

@lucy13880, Agree with you, the only pro of starring in a joint movie would be the high reward. He did say on his last pictorial for Vogue that he earned with Flowers in Frog the equivalent of 3 years working in South Korea. :))

@lyfuym, Oh, really? Will look for it. (just looked eww it's dirty) Well, it won't be the 1st time he'd make a record. Remember, Bada, Seohyun and lately Sung Yuri. I don't know if you're aware but Bada & Sung Yuri when they were Seohyun's age were considered as Goddesses, you just can't try to go out with them or anything like that or an army of fans would have killed you. :-h

Park Ji Yoon too (Bichunmoo), just watched an interview recently, he was so happy to act with her, he mentionned how he's a fan ect...

Guest meelis

I'm enjoying your discussion, ladies. :-*

Recently, I was thinking too, if his contract with Fantagio wasn't with a 3-years term, meaning that it will expire end of May... Hope so. I remember that explanation that @QuercusL shared for him closing his company, that he needed Fantagio to represent him in China for the drama. Maybe he had also other joint or only Chinese projects in mind like that movie with Zhao Wei that didn't happen. Remember also that he went to Beijing for the promotion of the Chinese branch, so I think there's a strong Chinese connection there. 
For the rest, I'd agree with @salijoo that he may well have shares in Fantagio which would explain why he practically is doing only what he wants to do (meaning that in many cases he does nothing for prom etc. :D), so he has a relative freedom within the company without the pressure of running it on his own as it was the case when he owned JM. :)

Haha, last year I was very much for another Chinese project, but now I changed my mind, I don't want him to be in one, even with Fan Bing Bing. :P

@lucy13880, Ouch, that's too bad because it's common' in Korean variety show to tell things like that for fun, I don't count how many celebrities did it even in front of the person. Maybe it's from the fact that Joo Jin Mo didn't mention a Korean celebrity but an International/Chinese one... Maybe it's also the reason as of why Joo Jin Mo doesn't want to guest on variety shows anymore. Too bad because around ~2010, he started to open up and guest on Variety shows, seems like Guru would be the last one.

If Joo Jin Mo is cast in MP, KBS has a variety show (Happy Together) were all the drama cast (mainleads) come to promote the drama, it's even more important for Wed-Thurs dramas as Happy Together airs just after it. Blood casting (Go Hye Sun, Ji Jin Hee & Ahn Jae Hyun) went promoting, Unkind Women (Song Jae Rim, Choi Shi Ra ect..)... Big stars promoted over there Cha Seung Won for his movie, Jang Hyuk for Iris or Ha Ji Won for her movie. Hope that he will accept because there is 100% of chance that they will invite them. I'll flip tables if I see Sung Yuri and the other casting go and not him seriously!!!

Yes @salijoo The time that show had aired Zhang Ziyi was in Korean for some promotion and Korean media asked her about JJM's saying on Guru Show. That woman answered 'I don't know Joo Jin Mo.'(So mean and so bitchy. Sorry I use these words.) That was too terrible. The result was obvious. He didn't attend Variety shows anymore.

@meelis, It's ok as I read what @lyfuym wrote about Zhang Zi Yi & Fan Bing Bing's feud. I'm unstanning her... Too dirty for me.

And yes! He looks free with Fantagio a little too free. LOL. What's so funny is even without any CF or Magazines pictorial, he still receives lots of scripts. Him reviewing a drama comeback in the middle of his 'Gone with the Wind' performance is a first for me. Never, I'd think he wanted to do a drama after what happened with Empress Ki (so soon I meant).

Even when Dream failed he returned to movie-land for 4 years. He really changed and him signing for a drama, less than 2 weeks (or even in the middle of his GWTW performances) is even more shocking. The 6 months-rest-man changed apparently. B-)

Guest meelis

Oh, maybe you're right about variety shows, @salijoo, @lucy13880, although I think Taxi show was after Guru (or I might be wrong). Anyway, @lucy13380, it wasn't like that, she said "Joo Jin Mo who? Ah, yes, Joo Jin Mo" some time before the Guru show, because he commented about it in the show, saying "Oh f..k, I won't go greet her then" while she was in Korea. @salijoo knows better because she translated that part, correct me if I'm wrong. :-*

@lucy13880, But he mentionned that part HIMSELF, that was so funny. He mentionned how she said "Joo Jin Mo, who?" "Ah, that Joo Jin Mo" and JJM shared his reaction on Guru Show, "Humph, I won't see you then"... Everyone died laughing... :)) [he mentionned how he was thinking of dropping by and say hello so cute, he was betrayed]

That's funny because K-netz don't give a damn about that story. During his variety-shows-open-up times, he received many calls from PDs who wanted him to guest on Variety Shows, as he was good for it and the ratings increased too. It was at that moment Running Man PD went to Joo Jin Mo's house personally to ask him to guest on the show. I mean even 5 years after, the top comments on JJM's article is Kim Gab Soo's quote: "Jin Mo... Too?". :))

@meelis, Yup it's that. ;)

Oh really? I remember those were news after the show was aired. Zhang's reaction even made Joo Jin Mo make a phonecall to her to apologize about his joking on the show. Maybe I am wrong. :) But I don't like Zhang all the time before I know JJM  :-h

@lucy13880, I'll try to find that part later. And YES, the articles were completely false, it's Joo Jin Mo's himself who told all that story. But Zhang Zi Yi was in Korea a few days (or months don't remember) before his guest appearance on Guru Show, there were no questions about dating rumor as his episode was aired after. 

There you go: (he's so funny seriously, I'm dead)

At 4:30: =)) =)) =))

There is a moment when he said: "As an actor just by looking in the eyes, you know when your co-star is in love with you, that real feelings"
KHD: "And did you feel that when looking at Zhang Zi Yi's eyes"
JJM: "A little..." Everyone bursted into laughter. =))