BoA's ... ID; Peace B

Guest lunalie

Guest fantasiimaker

Thanks for finally fulfilling this request ^^ I forget when I made it...XD

You have a very pretty, clear quality to your voice. Nice tone. One thing to watch out for is a bit of unsteadiness...you didn't yell out the chorus like BoA, but you effectively made the song your own =)

Some of the echoey effects were a bit distracting. But overall, good job! ^_^

whoaaa... bad instrumental. ><;;

I've always liked this song.

I think there was too much reverb/echo. Some pitchy and unsteady parts. But for the most part, you were pretty good. I just wish the quality was better. ><;

I like the bridge.

Good job. :D

Guest lunalie

thanks for the comments :)

with the comments on the mixing i'm thinking forget it for the next few songs and just go the standard record over while song plays in background lol.

yeah the instrumental was a little weird. the bridge was the most fun to do! and easier i guess for that reason.

Your voice is very unique like everyone said~ But you need more practice to make your control more precise-- like, sometimes, you'd hit notes too low and have to slip up to maintain the note. Also, your vibrato seems very fast and nervous, with a very short oscillation instead of a more healthy mid to wide oscillation pattern. Keep posting!! Practice will make you better, na~! I really liked it, though, even if the instrumental was a bit sketchy.

Keep it up. <3<3

Guest lunalie

Your voice is very unique like everyone said~ But you need more practice to make your control more precise-- like, sometimes, you'd hit notes too low and have to slip up to maintain the note. Also, your vibrato seems very fast and nervous, with a very short oscillation instead of a more healthy mid to wide oscillation pattern. Keep posting!! Practice will make you better, na~! I really liked it, though, even if the instrumental was a bit sketchy.

Keep it up. <3<3

thanks for the constructive comment! do you mind being more specific, like giving me the examples of the vibratto? i have a rough idea of what you mean but it's always nice to hear good examples. i wonder when people say unique... do they mean this in a good way o_O i'm just curious because i wonder what my tone sounds like to other people

hehe yeah i have to learn to be more diligent and practice ^^

hmm. The frequent example that I usually use is that a short vibrato pattern makes you sound sort of like a goat. That swallowed a... I dunno. A vibrating massager. 8D;; You're not at that point, but I've heard people who are. A more healthy vibrato would be more along the lines of, say, ayumi hamasaki and most modern popstars. A wide vibrato would be more along the lines of Atsushi Sakurai, from Buck-tick, and some more dramatic types. Oftentimes, I see a lot of JRock artists with wide vibrato, now that I think about it. :x

And unique is good! A lot of people tell me my voice is unique, and I take it as a compliment, because it means that I'm able to stand out from the crowd. ^^

Unique = Good. Because no one is going to listen to a singer that sounds exactly like someone else over and over. Okay, not exactly the best example because a lot of people do that -_-

And like Sou said, it means you can stand out from the crowd.

Did you use a vocal cut? Because this song has a real instrumental and it would sound heaps better. I can send if you want. ^^

The echo effects are a bit distracting. Especially near the end. The vocals just seem to be sitting on top of the instrumental instead of being part of it.

I do like your voice though. It's just bothering me on how you're dragging the notes out and you are a bit pitchy in places. The dragging thing isn't much of a problem since you're making it your own. But when you hit the notes too low, it feels weird =/

What I love about this is that you didn't let BoA's version influence you and yeah, your voice is unique. But prettily unique :lol:

I'm making no sense so I'll stop my attempt at trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about =x

Guest lunalie

Unique = Good. Because no one is going to listen to a singer that sounds exactly like someone else over and over. Okay, not exactly the best example because a lot of people do that -_-

And like Sou said, it means you can stand out from the crowd.

Did you use a vocal cut? Because this song has a real instrumental and it would sound heaps better. I can send if you want. ^^

The echo effects are a bit distracting. Especially near the end. The vocals just seem to be sitting on top of the instrumental instead of being part of it.

I do like your voice though. It's just bothering me on how you're dragging the notes out and you are a bit pitchy in places. The dragging thing isn't much of a problem since you're making it your own. But when you hit the notes too low, it feels weird =/

What I love about this is that you didn't let BoA's version influence you and yeah, your voice is unique. But prettily unique :lol:

I'm making no sense so I'll stop my attempt at trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about =x

lol aw i'm so happy. haha i'm getting so much good constructive criticism x)

i used an instrumental someone sent me... i'm not sure what kind of instrumental it was ^^; i'd love to hear the one you have though! do you mind explaining more about the pitchy and low notes? like... how is it weird? :sweatingbullets:

whoa. the instrumental was really weird .____.

it was good.

but i think you should steady your voice more. it was a shaky..

Guest foxxx

The instrumental sounds like it was drowning in water or gurgling something lol ^^;;

I like your voice. It's unique and clear =)

lol aw i'm so happy. haha i'm getting so much good constructive criticism x)

i used an instrumental someone sent me... i'm not sure what kind of instrumental it was ^^; i'd love to hear the one you have though! do you mind explaining more about the pitchy and low notes? like... how is it weird? :sweatingbullets:

The one I have is an official instrumental that came with the Japanese single. So it should be good xD

BoA - ID; Peace B (Instrumental)

I just use the word weird as anything that doesn't seem like what I'm used to. Horrible word to use, I know -_-

I have a habit of comparing covers to originals so what I mean is sometimes you hit different notes to how the original went. I'm not saying you should copy it all, it just doesn't sound right. But yeah, I admire you for not sticking to BoA's style. It's hard to do :lol:

Archived