[drama 2008] Who Are You? 누구세요

Guest yeohweping

The Professional - (the U.S. name for the movie)

Lesson:

You're never to young or old to learn how to love -

Leon had never loved or been loved.

Matilda had never loved or been loved..

They loved each other - and it was a first love for both.

and it was a love so pure - that Leon gave his life for matilda.

It's not that SH will die, though he might...

The dying wasn't the point - the WILLINGNESS to die is the point.

That's the power of their love.

Greater love hath no man than he is willing to give up his life for another....

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hnitao

Yes, I dont have a good feeling about they mention about the moive Leon...although i didnt watch it, just like SH :P... dont know what is the purpose of mention that movie..only because of the age issue?! Or the Happy Ending?! I start to worry about SH...I'm afraid of his half-bro, too..he seems to hate SH alot, seems to be able to do any bad thing to get what he wants, or get rid of what he doesnt like! :unsure:

Guest yurikah

If SH dies, then that'll be the worst! T.T

This is supposed to be a happy drama! Happy dramas have happy endings...

Thank you Pyoungsang, Ishida21 and Candy!!!! For the translations, fixing the video and for the description of "The Professional" I've always wondered what that movie was all about since "My Girl" did a reference to it. What a pure love SH and YI have eh?? Makes me all giddy inside. GAHHHH i need to sleep early tonight and this thread is moving faster and faster!!! I don't know if i can catch up with all of you!! ^^ Thanks again for everyone's inputs!! Much appreciated! :)

We should take it as a sign...need to watch that movie Leon...hehe...

I almost watched it after it was featured in My Girl but I didn't...

I found the plot line at IMDB.

"Leon is an Italian immigrant who fled Italy after having committed a crime there. He now resides in New York City and is working for the mob boss "Uncle" Tony. He lives with his favorite plant in a small apartment in the city next door to a girl he occasionally speaks to whose father is a drug dealer working with crooked DEA officers. One day when she's out getting groceries the crooked agents murder her entire family in a botched drug deal and upon discovering the massacre upon her return home she walks to the end of the hall to Leon's apartment who let's her into not only his home, but into his life as well. Soon enough he's teaching Mathilda, a young girl, how to be a professional hitman in order for her to learn enough to get revenge on the crooked cops who murdered her family. But when she goes in for revenge and is captured by the crooked agents, Leon comes and saves her and so begins the ultimate theme in the movie: Will Leon and Mathilda live happily ever after now that's she's opened up his heart, or will the crooked cops have something to say about it? Written by Joseph "

My friend sent me the links for the movie Leon...but it's in rapidshare...sigh...

Should run out to rent it sometimes this week...hehe...

Ahh...I found the megaupload version...

Leon - The professional

leontheprofessionalfo9.jpg

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LTMID2MU

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BKY5VIER

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V5PGPREG

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WCLJ1119

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V9549ZP1

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZQJ4BZ2C

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LB4QC2EW

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6HVZZUYV

Guest berkeleygal

The Professional - (the U.S. name for the movie)

Lesson:

You're never to young or old to learn how to love -

Leon had never loved or been loved.

Matilda had never loved or been loved..

They loved each other - and it was a first love for both.

and it was a love so pure - that Leon gave his life for matilda.

It's not that SH will die, though he might...

The dying wasn't the point - the WILLINGNESS to die is the point.

That's the power of their love.

Greater love hath no man than he is willing to give up his life for another....

Thanks Canyayasis! I see the similarities between Leon-Matilda and Seung Hyo-Young In.

I agree power of love is so great that it can overcome anything. I haven't seen Leon, yet.

I should see it..

The first time I heard of the movie was from My Girl, like many of you. hehehe. Kdramas

are amazing, aren't they? they are giving us awareness to other kinds of works and giving

us wonderful plots. lol

Guest t3a26

I don't think this series will have sad ending like leon,it's a comedy romance series,right?!? It must has a very very happy ending

Guest kyelin

Did someone ask for the rain scene??? Well, here.

Thanks to Luv, I got to see the rain scene upside down, mirror imaged while trying

to decipher the mangled audio. No, seriously, thank you Kristy!!! As a token of my

appreciation, a little translation of the rain scene. Enjoy, I know you'll love it. I know

I did, it might be the best scene so far in the show! WARNING SPOILERS.

YI: Hello?

YI: It's me.

SH: I know.

YI: No, just ... I was wonderng if got home okay?

SH: I arrived fine.

YI: Yes (affirmitve). What were you doing?

SH: Not doing anything right now.

YI: Yes (affirmitive) ... Is it uncomfortable to phone?

SH: Comfortable, I'm not.

YI: Yes (affirmitive) ...

YI: Over there ... I'm going to say the words that we agreed to like starting today, do you want to listen?

YI: When you try to start something, I'm the most fortunate and

YI: I am the most ??happiest?? (audio was too muffled to be sure.)

YI: these words, I wish mister would like them, too. Did you see Leon?

SH: I didn't see it. I don't like movies where they shoot guns for no reason.

YI: Leon is a romance movie.

SH: Just tell me the point.

YI: I'm all grown up ... now, I just have to get older. I'm saying I'm strong.

SH: How old was she?

YI: Hmmm, was she 12?

SH: What did she want to say?

YI: Just ... that ... she loved very much

SH: Was it a happy ending?

YI: No, he dies.

SH: Who does?

YI: Leon does. Let us ... have a happy ending. We must. You understand, right?

YI: There's no answer, no indication, my inside is burning (heart is aching).

YI: Dumb dumb, if he hears these words, no matter how much hail is raining down,

YI: he supposed to run here saying he wants to see me.

YI: You don't know that either, do you, our lunkhead?

luvsoompis00000430dm6.jpg

luvsoompis00000434wc7.jpg

luvsoompis00000443df7.jpg

luvsoompis00000444ds1.jpg

luvsoompis00000472sn1.jpg

aw!!! i want to keep this translation and the pics as well for the rest of my life

can't get enough to read and read and read again while watching and seeing the preview

thanks to yong duk bcos he already told to young in that she is seng hyo first love wub.gif

oh, god.... hope everything ok for seng hyo, hope he doesn't die and live happily w/ young in forever

hope all the bad guys go to jail

hope this moment will see in the next episode

wow!! my heart is overjoy bcos of them

love u all guys for all the nicest caps, translations, links!! muahhhhhh

Guest myphim

This movie Leon/The Professional must be famous in Korea because so far I've seen 3 Kdrama referring to it (My Girl, Before and After Plastic Surgery, and Who Are You).

Thank you Luv for the links to the movie. It does have a young Natalie Portman in it so I will definitely check it out.

Guest Pyoungsang

I don't think this series will have sad ending like leon,it's a comedy romance series,right?!? It must has a very very happy ending

Hong Gil Dong was a comedy, too. In kdrama, comedy does not mean there will be a happy ending. However, I hope to the high heavens it will not be a tragic ending. That will be most upsetting.

This movie Leon/The Professional must be famous in Korea because so far I've seen 3 Kdrama referring to it (My Girl, Before and After Plastic Surgery, and Who Are You).

Well, Koreans can't help themselves, they're just sucker for a tragic ending. That's probably why they love Leon.

Also, did you ever notice how much reference there is to the song "Somewhere over the Rainbow" in kdrama? I mean there's even a movie and a drama called that and that song gets played in a lot of shows. MNIKSS for example. I think Korean can really identify with the wistfulness of that song, also.

Guest mandapanda

omg I can't believe I'm falling for yoon kye sang lmfao he's soooo wow! omg the rain scene was spoilers for me! My heart freaking jumped when I saw them together >< lmfao I love love this drama like you don't even know ! hahaha wth okk

Guest Jinny617

Also, can anyone translate the other preview scene (b/w Young In and Jae Ha)? I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Hey, I did a quick translation of the scene with JH and YI. ^^

YI: Did you come here all the way for this? (referring to lunch container)

JH: Yes.

YI: Haha, why? You could have taken your time, and given it to me the next time we see eachother.

JH: Kid (I don't really know an adequate English equivalent to "imma" that gives the same meaning =/) there might not be a next time.

YI: Huh? Eyyy, why wouldn't there be a next time? :)

JH: Because you never know what might happen in the future (Not really what he said in the exact words, but the drift of it)

YI: You seem a little different today.

JH: Oh?

YI: Is...the place you got hit ok?

JH: Yeah.

YI: I felt so sorry. I'll apologize on his behalf.

JH: Why? Why do you have to apologize for him, huh (kid)?

JH's long talk:

Meeting in ten, maybe twenty years, we meet by chance on the street..."You know, back then, I really liked you"...I don't want to say pointless things like that when I'm old, so I'm saying pointless things now. ........In my eyes as well, you're pretty (kid). In my heart, you hurt too. (<--not exactly, more along the lines of "my heart hurts because of you" but the way he phrases it directly translates to "In my heart, you hurt too." It's how Young In phrases it to SH in ep. 11 as well, at the end) If I don't say it now, it won't make any difference to say them in the future. Because when it becomes tomorrow, these are words that I won't be able to say.

I was going to keep it to myself forever, but...I started feeling just a little bit bitter. Because it felt like it was all going to become fanciful dreams in the spring that turned to lies. (<--He's basically saying something like "because I don't want these words to become frivolous"...ish. Haha, sorry, I'm not quite sure how to phrase it into English.)...so I just said it...in the end (referring to his previous confession).

Take care of your self (kid). (Haha, "kid" keeps making me think "Here's looking at you, kid.") This is goodbye."

**SH comes up with IG, they look at her shoes drying in the sun, looking sad for some reason (She had to walk in the rain? IG misses her? SH misses her so much he wants to give her a big HUG maybe?).**

Guest Pyoungsang

Since someone asked (I was going to do it anyway, being so wrapped up in this show now)

here is the translation to the first part of EP 14 preview. Thanks again to Luv for the caps.

Edit: I didn't know someone else was also going to post a translation. Oops, sorry. But now

you have two versions!

luvsoompis00000000nh1.jpg

luvsoompis00000006lo2.jpg

luvsoompis00000012ld0.jpg

luvsoompis00000013qo8.jpg

YI: You came on purpose because of this?

luvsoompis00000017iw8.jpg

JH: Emmm (yes.)

luvsoompis00000020vy3.jpg

YI: Why? You could have taken your time. You could give it next time we meet.

luvsoompis00000045fu1.jpg

JH: Kid, it's possible that there's no next time.

luvsoompis00000047dy2.jpg

YI: What? Why wouldn't there be next time?

JH: Because in life, we don't know what might happen the next moment.

JH: You may know the inside of 10 water ways but can't know the inside of a person.

YI: You seem a bit different today mister.

JH: That right?

YI: That day ... where you got hurt, is it okay?

JH: Emm, seems like it.

YI: I felt sorry. I'll give you an apologize in his place.

JH: Why you? Why should you apologize instead, kid?

luvsoompis00000065ch7.jpg ]

JH: In the future, about 10 or 12 years from now, if I were to meet you by chance on a road,

JH: 'Long time ago, at that time honestly, I liked you.' Because I don't want to say that

kind of empty words when I'm ancient, I'm saying those empty words now.

luvsoompis00000077dp6.jpg

JH: To my eyes also ... you're pretty, kid.

luvsoompis00000080pl4.jpg

luvsoompis00000091uv6.jpg

JH: In my heart also ... I hurt because of you, kid.

luvsoompis00000117yq9.jpg

JH: Because if I don't tell you now, they will become words without any use.

JH: When it becomes tommorow, they will become words that I can never say.

luvsoompis00000099lo0.jpg

JH: I was going to never do it, but because it seemed a bit unfair.

JH: Because it might all become a lie wholesale, that's why I just did it. Finally.

luvsoompis00000127up9.jpg

luvsoompis00000144ea5.jpg

luvsoompis00000147mr5.jpg

JH: Take care, kid. It's good bye.

luvsoompis00000153wt3.jpg

luvsoompis00000164kc5.jpg

luvsoompis00000168wy1.jpg

Guest myphim

Wow!!! Thank you both Pyuongsang and Jinny617 for the translation.

I feel bad for JH, but I guess he deserves it. Did he just confess his feeling for YI? And why is he saying goodbye to her? Does he intends on taking the painting tomorrow or something? I always thought that JH should have been honest with YI and tell her the truth. I'm sure she will readily give him those paintings. Now I am really anxious for episode 15 because I don't know what JH next move is. I think JH has a surprise up his sleeve and I hope SH is ready to deal with the situation.

Guest Pyoungsang

Eep, I wouldn't have posted if I thought someone else was working on it. :X Sorry!

There's no need to be sorry, people will now get TWO different interpretations!! More the better for everyone!!

Eep, I wouldn't have posted if I thought someone else was working on it. :X Sorry!

I think we all love to read that scene twice...I did...hehe...

Actually I read it more than 4 times already... :)

Thank you so much for your help. :wub:

I'm watching that movie Leon and it's a great movie...

I love this scene...

"Leon, I think I'm kinda falling in love with you.

It's the first time for me, you know.

How do you know it's love if you've never been in love before?.

'Cause I feel it.

Where?.

In my stomach.

It's all warm.

I always had a knot there, and now it's gone."

I can see why YI told SH the story now. There are many great scenes in the movie...you should watch it. :)

This is the dialogue of that scene YI was telling SH on the phone:

"Mathilda, since I met you...everything's been different.

So I just need some time alone.

You need some time to grow up a little.

I finished growing up, Leon.

I just get older.

For me it's the opposite.

I'm old enough.

I need time to grow up."

Guest joicy

Hey,

The pages move so fast, I can't believe after several hours, it's 2 pages more.

Thanks a *zillion* to Luv, Pyoungsang, Kyu and everyone who make this thread a blast. I have not expected to see the rain scene with caption, there's a lot of work *behind the scene* before you can post pix and caption. Thanks again for making my evening sweet, I will dream with this couple in mind.

see you tomorrow *wave to my Viet new friends & everyone.

Archived