Andy Lee (Shinhwa) Official Thread

Guest loving_D

Anyone has more info on the "Korean Idol" segment?

What is it? Is it like a talk show?

Since it's segment, is it more than one episode of Andy?

Thank you.

[News]080206 Andy gets strength from Shinhwa members

In the “Korea Idol” segment of the OBS show “Show Report, Movie Report,” which will be aired on February 9, Shinhwa member Andy expressed how other members helped him to finally come out solo.

CREDITS TO

source: NEWSEN+ Eng.trans:KRNLOOP+KIMDONGWANTHAILAND.NET

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

more CNY articles & hanbok pics

Same w/ all the other articles & pics: please credit properly if taking out

"I want to be a legend who can hold my own"

Andy, who has always been known as the youngest and the rapper of Shinhwa, is no longer the baby of the group. No longer the Andy who has been sheltered under the love and protection of his hyungs.

During Shinhwa's debut 10 years ago, Andy - who has been focusing on rap - has grown into a proper gentleman, and has become a mature singer too. He transformed himself from a rapper to a singer on his solo debut album "Andy The First New Dream", released on 18 Jan.

The album is very important to him, and he was often troubled over how to prepare for the album and what to perform on stage. He said, "Taking off the exterior of Shinhwa, and releasing the album as Andy, that's how I prepared for it, and I used all my efforts to do my best."

Having been doing only rap in Shinhwa for the past 10 years, Andy was very scared and stressed about his solo. But Andy said, "Although there was a lot of pressure, but I thought if I couldn't produce an album that I'm satisfied with, I might as well not do it at all. I talked a lot to the composers, and during recording, I only stopped when I was satisfied with the results."

As Shinhwa's rapper, Andy wasn't really able to leave a deep impression, but he worked hard to change that. Not as part of Shinhwa, but as Andy, holding out on his own. He officially made his solo debut during the musical "Music In My Heart" held in August 2007, and during last month's "6 Day Miraculous Journey" solo concert.

Andy said, "I gained self-confidence through the musical and the solo concert. I learned from the musical about stage dynamics and how to attract the audience, and through the concert I gained confidence and presented my image as a solo singer and not just a rapper."

Clearly impressed by Andy's efforts on his album, his fellow Shinhwa members, Park Jin Young, Wonder Girls' Yoo Bin, Chae Yeon and Byul all showed their support by participating in the album. Chae Yeon and Byul did duets with Andy on "Timing" and "Shall We Love" respectively, Park Jin Young wrote the rap lyrics on "Extraordinary Imagination" while Yoo Bin did the rap part.

Having spent the last 10 years together, Shinhwa members also helped him out on the album. Eric wrote the lyrics for "Thinking Of You", while Kim Dongwan, Lee Minwoo and Eric all joined in for "Never Give Up". With everyone's help, Andy has been able to show everyone different genres of music ranging from light-hearted dance songs to ballads.

"I was thinking, I have not lived these 10 years in vain. The Shinhwa hyungs have helped me a lot. On the day of the album release, Minwoo hyung sent a congratulatory text message, then he joined Dongwan hyung and Eric hyung to sing on the song too. I feel completely thankful to them. If the album does well I'll have to buy them drinks. (laughs)"

Andy won't have time to rest during this year's Seollal (Korean New Year) too. He will be busy with the promotion of his album, and also the large-scale 10th anniversary Shinhwa fanmeeting and Shinhwa's 9th album, amongst other Shinhwa activities.

"I often hear people say that the hoobae singers view Shinhwa as their role models. But I see a lot of hardworking hoobae singers around, I think we probably have to see them as our role models, and not slacken in our efforts instead, like them we should be running in winter until we perspire. Isn't that the way to reach the top? (laughs)"

Having made his solo debut, Andy's goal for this year is to get the #1 spot on all music programs. Just like the title of his album "Andy The First New Dream", he wants to achieve his dream. He added with a smile, "I want to climb up step by step. Please look forward to Andy's First New Dream."

Andy's New Year Greeting - Please Share The Love

andy2.jpgandy3.jpgandy.jpg

One of Shinhwa's solo singers Andy sends his New Year greetings in the Year of the Rat.

He said, "I hope everyone will share their love, and make it a warm Year of The Rat. Please also look out for Andy's solo activities."

Andy has just released his first solo album "Andy The First New Dream", and is actively promoting his main track, "Love Song".

Source: mydaily

Chi trans: 打糕@shinhwachina

Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

================

happy Lunar New Year fellow Soompiers!

[08.02.08] [News] Andy, a good son who take cares of his ill parents

NO HOTLINKING AND PROPER CREDITS IF TAKING OUT.

THANK YOU.

SHINHWA group youngest member had made his success debut as a solo, who is also currently still running his solo artist, ANDY taking care of his ill parents from the past were now only being acknowledge.

Andy's related person said "His dad broke down last year and underwent a brain surgery, his mom's waist is not in a good condition." Andy doesn't even have the time during the festive holiday to accompany his mom to travel in Japan.

Andy who has kept a clean and warm smiling image in the fans' heart, recent had also release his first solo album with the title hit song 'Love Song', he is the last member in the group to debut as solo.

Recent appearance in OBS Kyeongin TV, Andy express "Everytime when I'm feeling tired the members who are like my brother will give me strength and support. Being as the youngest member in the group i always have been making the people around worried, but because the members and fans's help i had gain much confident in my solo activities. " and he hope that everybody will look forward on more of his unseen side of him in heart.

Andy's after the Festive Season he will hold a solo fan meeting in China on the coming Valentine's Day Feb 14th.7

Source:sportsdonga

Cn Trans:打糕@shinhwachina

Eng Trans: amane86@myshinhwa, shinhwa.biz

aw i love this:

[08.02.08][News] Joo "Felt surprise on first meeting with idol ANDY."

Pak JinYoung's (JYP) popular artist JOO saw her favourite idol SHINHWA ANDY for the first time in person and she smiled brightly.

JOO recent interview with NEWSEN mentioned "Andy was my idol during my primary times. I had been dreaming and wishing to see him in person one day. After seeing him for real i felt unbelievable happy. Although as a fan i feel that he's really handsome, but now placing him as a senior artist the feeling just not the same as usual anymore. At the very beginning it felt so miracle. Not one ANDY, being able to stand on the same stage with other senior artist too i felt grateful. I will work hard to be a worthy artist to the seniors."

[obmited unrelated topic]

Source:oceans

Eng Trans: amane86@myshinhwa, love4andy.net, shinhwa.biz

[08.02.09] [News] Andy: "Feeling puzzled when using my manager's credit card with mom"

THANK YOU.

en2008020822121610010ze4.jpg

SHINHWA's Andy because of his mom he had overcome a puzzled moment, and he talked about his unlaughable moment.

On the 8th broadcast in KBS2 TV "Unspeakable Talk Box", Andy said "Because of wanting to get a present for my mom and i was force to use my manager's credit card and went to the shopping mall with my mom." But, "Because my manager said 'There's enough limit in it, use it as you want' with the opposite situation that the credit card was overlimit, thus had made me panic." he recall.

Seeing such situation, Andy's mom said "Over Limit" Don't you know him (Andy)? Andy ya Andy, SHINHWA Andy' thus had even made Andy & people surrounding feeling lost. Andy's unspeakable looks made the audience laugh.

Although the situation was embarrassing but he continued. "My mom said wait till there's a staff who recognizes me and we will try it again, but we know that if we keep continue doing this it won't be done, so we proceeded elsewhere."

That day with mother's unlaugh-able experience was like a short drama, with Andy's communication skills explaining his embarrassing moment, Andy in the end got the first place in 'Family' talk.

Andy had release his first solo album last month with title 'ANDY the first NEW DREAM', started off with concerts, then he sang his hit song 'Love Song' with the special heart dance to gain success of popularity.

Source:newsen

Eng Trans:amane86@myshinhwa, love4andy.net shinhwa.biz

Guest love!melody

[08.02.08][News] Joo "Felt surprise on first meeting with idol ANDY."

hehehe! that is so sweet (: i'm glad that a member of shinhwa has inspired another artist ^^ and i like joo's new song too LOL i can imagine how she feels. who wouldn't be nervous and eager and everything to see their idol right before their eyes and performing on the same stage as them?! LOL

[08.02.09] [News] Andy: "Feeling puzzled when using my manager's credit card with mom"

LOL that was funny! hehehe! i see that his mother is very proud of our andy! well, who wouldn't be? LOL and thank you for the caps (: andy looks great! can't wait to watch it LOL

Andy was on MVAD yesterday? Really?

I shall go check that out.

By the way...I thought Andy looked SO ADORABLE in a hanbok ^^"

And his parents<3. I do hope they get better! ><"

Thanks for all the articles/translations!

Guest V A L XD

has andy won any awards yet from music shows?

also what's his schedule

Andy hasn't won any awards yet. Please check the first page before asking these questions. His schedule is also on the first post.

Have you guys watched Talk Box yet? I found kinda interesting but it's funnier if you can understand Korean. It was cute though when they asked Andy to sing to Love Song!

I still need to watch the other two.

Sadly, I have not seen Andy's comeback with Chae Yeon. CB doesn't seem to want me to have it!

[08.02.12] [Diary] Andy: The day after tomorrow is Valentine's Day~

THANK YOU.

080212xh0.jpg

Have you received many New Year greetings?

In a moment I'll have to rush off for a radio programme...

The day after tomorrow is Valentine's Day~ Open up your eyes and see if there are any guys around you that you can confess your love to ^^

I'll be going to China tomorrow...

This Valentine's Day I'll be together with the Chinese fans, sharing some time with them...

Please wait for my safe return!!!

To the fans in China~~ Please just wait a while more~ I'll be right there~~

The weather has turned cold lately.. I heard that the weather in China isn't too good too...

Please take care of your health, and take care not to catch a cold, have a Valentine's Day filled with love!!!!!!!!!

Source: NDEnter

Chi trans: pax_lee@ATW (www.andylee.cn)

Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

Guest V A L XD

AH, I watch Stars Blind Date last night. Though i'm still not sure what the show is about I found it really cute. And Moon Hee Jun! I was super happy to FINALLY get a sneak peak into Andy's apartment. Though its very small [compared to the rest of his hyungs] it's very neat and tidy. I wish we could have seen more instead of his closet and kitchen -__-

ahh i want to confess my love to you andy. lol i wish him a early v-day

aww hes going to spend it with china fans , thats cool, ill wait for his return in korea

im currently downloading star blind date, ill love to watch it

i wonder whats it about though (: thanks for the news & pics <3

[08.02.13] [News] Andy plans to hold a solo concert in China

PROPER CREDITS IF TAKING OUT.

THANK YOU.

With first solo album hit song 'Love Song' Andy official works on his solo activities in China, Feb14th he will be leaving to China.

Being as a SHINHWA had hold large scale concert in China & Japan, achieved Hanryu Star fame, Andy hold his first solo fan meeting in Japan last year, he is now holding one in China and also will be focusing his overseas activities.

Being as a memorial of Valentine's Day in Feb 14th, Andy said "Because it's my first solo fan meeting, so i will be doing my best on the performance & to spend a wonderful every moment with fans who came." expresses his excitement of his first solo trip to China.

On January he had released his solo album and even hold a 6 day concert in the local, Andy had plan to hold a solo concert in China during April.

Andy's related staff express "Till now, starting from the album preparation period we had receive phone calls from China, Taiwan, China & other places to hold some activities." "After the fan meeting in china we will be officially preparing on the solo concert in China, besides than this, there are still others under progression of planning."

Source:EPG&oceans

Cn Trans:jojoyu7@shinhwachina

[08.02.13] [Trans] Andy who sings, a rediscovery

THANK YOU.

649fa98aa7eb43c2915a19cmt7.jpg

From SHINHWA rapper to a solo artist

Achieved confident through musical last year

Hit song "LOVE SONG" received large response

"Hope that everybody won't feel weird while hearing my voice singing."

Although he had already debuted for 10 years as an artist, but being within the Koreans in Korea, nobody had ever mention about him in Karaoke. In group SHINHWA, he was a rapper and he feels that 'vocal singing' does not suits him. And through last year musical 'Music In My Heart' he had a sudden greed.

While under voicing & pronunciation practices, because he had a step further in understanding of singing, thus he had gain an interested towards it.

He had thought of releasing his own name album like what the other members did, a one man performance stage under his own control. SHINHWA youngest member Andy had debut as solo, with his first album 'First New Dream' he had carefully making his own new dream comes true.

649fa98aa7eb43c2915a19chq0.jpg

"After started off with the musical, i really had learn alot of things and too gain confidence. This is really a turning point of my life. Although my singing skills is not that strong, but through the steps & chances which will come i will be better. This is Andy's first step of opportunity after debut for 10 years."

While releasing his album at the same time too he was holding a one week concert. Because of making his every little miracle which had came true thus he had name his concert title with '6 Days Beautiful Miracle Travel'. Because he had never been singing in front of the fans before he felt fear too. Although he had 10 years of stage experience, but still he deals with stage phobia, to him this need a huge bravery. Even though if the surrounding is giving him a cold responses.

People who thinks of him as a SHINHWA rapper says that he's being crazy. But miracle had happened. During the concert Andy had successfully shown out his skills and charm as a singer.

"While acting in the musical at the same time, i felt comfort being in a small theater, it is a place where you can do eye contact with each and every audience in the hall and fully expresses out your feeling through music. Also a chance for me to expresses out my album."

Maybe due to his hard work, hit song 'Love Song' received huge response when it was release. This song & Andy had an ideal image, too being able to see Andy being a singer on stage.

649fa98aa7eb43c2915a19cqq1.jpg

"While completed the last recording, i had a thought in my head while listening the CD at home --- Now my songs will appear in Karaoke. HAHA" a new start as a new solo artist, Andy will be holding his solo fan meeting in China on Valentine's Day. Then follows another 2 fan meeting in Japan.

"If i have to say, maybe the Korean fans will feel sad. They will keep asking why only hold fan meeting in overseas. But please give some understanding, wait a little more. We are still on planning. There's a secret planning."

This year March, he will meet the fans as a SHINHWA member with the group's 9th album release. SHINHWA officially will be releasing their 9th album on their 10 years anniversary. "Hope that everybody will acknowledge me as a hardworking singer and see all the improvement which i had done. And please too look forward & support me on my other challenges."

▶▶ Loves to give other people a dream

Being debuted as a 10 years artist, seeing that his one word may affect the fans, he had felt responsibility. Performing on stage is a meaningful road to a singer, but to him of being able to give the fans a dream is even meaningful.

"On the signature session, there was such incident happened. A person came with his/her University certification. He/She said because i use to say that we must work hard on learning and it had given he/she a motivation, thus had successfully entered a well-known University. And there's also parents came with flowers & basket of fruits, saying that their children will work hard on the University enrollment examination after they get Andy's signature. I felt fulfilment and at the same time wanting to work even harder. HAHA."

Source:FNN & Oceans

Cn Trans:jojoyu7@shinhwachina

Guest eunicenyl

I dun tink i'll b able 2 go 2 china 2 watch Andy's concert :tears:

I noe tis may not b possible lahz...but i hope he comes 2 singapore too...hee

One question; Is he focusing his solo debut to be noticed in China?

Or is it just a coincidence that he's getting a large response from China?

I really like his duet with Byul, since i lover her too~~ lool hmm if his hair is going to get longer i suggest for a cut xD i like it a lil messy like it is now, if it's too smooth n preened it looks a lil weird ._.

Good luck to all of Andy's activitis ^^ i know they'll turn out great cos there's so many fans supporting him. yay~~~~

Archived